FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[*RESOLVED*]Please close for me

bladesage
I need something to submit a form for me. I've fortunately gotten it narrowed down to just a single variable, which I encoded the entire form results into. I can use that variable by dumping it into a hidden form field, for a PHP script to e-mail to me for decoding later.

I'd also like the script to double by storing that same field in a database for me, so my users can view the details and status of their order. I have the database all prepared, and the login system itself is ready and functional. Just PM me any info you need to help with this stuff.

For all this, I'll pay 80 frih$!

I need this ASAP. I'd also like it to send an e-mail to the person who ordered, and the e-mail address is kept in an input called "email".

Thank you anyone who can help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Traveller
A) Should the PHP code handle the submission by going to the same code that contains the form (PHP_SELF), or should it be a separate file?

B) Where does the handler need to send things when it's done?
bladesage
Traveller wrote:
A) Should the PHP code handle the submission by going to the same code that contains the form (PHP_SELF), or should it be a separate file?

B) Where does the handler need to send things when it's done?

Okay, if by handler you mean E-mail, then it should go to bladesage@sbcglobal.net . If you mean the database, I have the database called "defwh_abc", I'll pm you the details.

As for the other question, I need it to go to a seperate file.

Thanks (at least for the interest)!!
mathiaus
A few things ...

Question Do you need the form as well or just the code to process it? If the latter we'll need input names.

Quote:
I've fortunately gotten it narrowed down to just a single variable, which I encoded the entire form results into. I can use that variable by dumping it into a hidden form field, for a PHP script to e-mail to me for decoding later.

Question What?? That sounds like you take all the form data and put it into one variable, but that can't be right, and whats in the hidden form field Confused

Question Database table structure
bladesage
Okay, allow me to clerify a bit here. I've designed a javascript to take the entire form's contents, and transform it into a single numeric ASCII string. In order to make it possible to transfer the javascript string to the PHP script, I've taken it and dumped it into a hidden form field, which can be posted to the PHP script.

The table structure is as follows.

Username: defwh_user
Password: password
Name: defwh_abc
Table name: users
Table field 1: order
Table field 2: status

I have consolidated the entire form into just 2 fields, so you only have to handle the 2 of them. They are: order, and status. They need to go to their corresponding table fields, and e-mailed to me.

I've already made the form, so don't worry about that part.

Thanks, and sorry for the long delay. I had to go to church (not that I don't like it), and then to a mothers' day party for my grandma, then to visit my other grandma. So it's been a pretty long day.
jabapyth
what do you want to be the subject of the email you get?
(the users IP? "order recieved"?)
bladesage
jabapyth wrote:
what do you want to be the subject of the email you get?
(the users IP? "order recieved"?)

Just "Graphic order" should be fine.