FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Our Lord's Name Is Allah

roismaga
Quote:
In the Qur'an Allah has revealed that the unbelievers will constantly resort to various means and mobilize all their forces to prevent people from believing in Him, adhering to His path and remembering Him:

Those who disbelieve spend their wealth barring access to the way of Allah. They will spend it; then they will regret it; then they will be overthrown… (Surat al-Anfal, 36)

This labor of opposition may sometimes be carried out using open methods and means, and at other times by the use of secret tactics. Yet the objective is always the same: to prevent the remembrance of the name of Allah and thus to turn people away from religious moral values.

The various trends that have recently emerged simultaneously in various countries are noteworthy from this point of view. Clearly, these world views, which speak in veiled terms of a cosmic force, an energy, or a designer of the universe, but which stubbornly refuse to recall the name of Almighty Allah, the only Creator of all things, serve a false purpose. This may be an effort to misdirect the spiritual quest in people and to prevent them from living by the true religion.

At heart, this is a project aimed at establishing an artificial religion, a kind of mixture of Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Under this artificial religion, people will accept the existence of a power that brought the universe into being, but the identity of that power will be unclear (Surely Allah is beyond that); they will not recall the name of Allah, and will not learn and appreciate His great attributes as they should. They will ignore the fact that He is the only Creator and Lord of the entire universe, and there will thus be no need for them to live by the religious commandments He revealed to mankind.

It is clear that this represents a grave threat to religious moral values. This is why true believers must be on their guard against movements that avoid recalling the name of Allah and openly stating that Almighty Allah created the entire universe from nothing, and that instead seek to hide behind confusing and indirect terminology such as a designer, a cosmic force, or energy.

For sincere believers, recalling the name of Allah and exalting His glory is a great religious observance, a source of enthusiasm and excitement, performed with joy and love. As is revealed in the verse: "He is Allah - the Creator, the Maker, the Giver of Form. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Everything in the heavens and Earth glorifies Him. He is the Almighty, the All-Wise," (Surat al-Hashr, 24) those who believe that Almighty Allah flawlessly created all things from nothing should feel a great sense of honor at recalling our Lord by His most glorious names.

A Muslim Rejoices at Recalling the Name of Allah

As we are informed in another verse, "Your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the Earth in six days and then settled Himself firmly on the Throne," (Surat al-A'raf, 54), our Lord is Almighty Allah. He is the Creator of all. He is Guardian over all things. He is the sole owner of the heavens and the Earth, and all that lies between. There is no other god but Him. Verses reveal that Allah, our Lord, is sublime and great:

… That is Allah, your Lord. Blessed be Allah, the Lord of all the worlds. He is the Living - there is no god but Him - so call on Him, making your religion sincerely His. Praise be to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds. (Surah Ghafir, 64-65)

One of the responsibilities of the faithful throughout their lives is to communicate the message, in other words to tell all people of the existence and oneness of Allah, to call them to the true religion, to enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong. The nature of the path that Muslims must follow in discharging this honorable responsibility can clearly be seen in the Qur'an and the life of the Prophet (saas). As always, a Muslim must be honest and sincere in communicating the message, and must not forget that it is Almighty Allah Who will guide to the true path. It is evident that this will not be possible without recalling the name of Allah and telling people of His existence and oneness. Muslims must describe the existence of Allah and His attributes in the manner and style He revealed in the Qur'an. The glorious attributes of our Lord are revealed thus in the Qur'an:

Allah, there is no god but Him, the Living, the Self-Sustaining. He is not subject to drowsiness or sleep. Everything in the heavens and the Earth belongs to Him. Who can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them but they cannot grasp any of His knowledge save what He wills. His Footstool encompasses the heavens and the Earth and their preservation does not tire Him. He is the Most High, the Magnificent. (Surat al-Baqara, 255)

Another feature that must be seen in a Muslim who speaks of the existence and oneness of Allah is a joyous, passionate, sincere and deep love of Him. In one verse it is revealed that the faithful love Allah above all things:

Some people set up equals to Allah, loving them as they should love Allah. But those who believe have greater love for Allah… (Surat al-Baqara, 165)

Clearly, the mindset that despite all this still avoids recalling the name of Allah, that deceives both itself and others by using veiled terminology, and that moreover imagines it is doing so in the name of religion, is making a grave error. It is useless to ignore or seek to avoid this truth. Those with such a mindset have been warned in the Qur'an:

That is Allah, your Lord, the Creator of everything. There is no god but Him - so how have you been perverted? (Surah Ghafir, 62)

gh0stface wrote:
Please use the quote tag if you are going to copy and paste an article. Also please give credit to the website you do take this material from.
salman_500
sooooooo true man.... soooo true........

next time anyone who has a prob... ill point em here...
selim06
good job,correctly true...And i hope so it won't hurt Christians or Jewishs...
salman_500
selim06 wrote:

you see..... Christian, Jewish and Muslim have beliefs a lil different from each other.... so what Muslims think is right... is what Jewish and Christians think is wrong...... so in any way here will still be conflict..
a_dubDesign
selim wrote:

I've been labeled as an odd kid of christian by some friends, and it doesn't hurt me, but that could be the odd part coming up.

Do you guys believe that Allah is seporate from the Jewish/Christian God?[/quote]
salman_500
a_dubDesign wrote:
selim wrote:

I've been labeled as an odd kid of christian by some friends, and it doesn't hurt me, but that could be the odd part coming up.

Do you guys believe that Allah is seporate from the Jewish/Christian God?
[/quote]

noo.. Allah is only one and works alone.. you the religion Jewism and Christianity are prevous forms of religion send by Allah...... first there was Jewism.... but the religion was chaged by ppl... so Christianity came.... and Christians changed there Bible.... so Allah again had to send a new religion Islam....... so basically all 3 religion were beliving in only 1 God... and still doo.... but there beliefs have changed due to changes in Holy Books..
death_dealer
ok clearification time Allah=God God=Allah

haveing seid that i only belive god=allah no fater no son see how that works if god had a child then dont that mean that happen to him thats y i belive no father no son
swapnalokam
hey salman... you have said that jewish and christian relegion changed so god send a new relegion.. Iam none of these but I surely think that your relegion have changed too.. So If allah should send a new relegion when ever the previous one changes... then allah should send a new relegion instead of Islam too... right? think about it... no offense but just a question..
salman_500
swapnalokam wrote:
hey salman... you have said that jewish and christian relegion changed so god send a new relegion.. Iam none of these but I surely think that your relegion have changed too.. So If allah should send a new relegion when ever the previous one changes... then allah should send a new relegion instead of Islam too... right? think about it... no offense but just a question..

everyone thinks this way... but thats not gonna happen... because by changing or feligion i meant changing of the Holy Book such as Bible.. but about Quran, Holy Book of Islam, Allah said that He will protect this Book Himself... meaning that no manly power can change it... infact no power can change it Except Allah Himself....

and also The Holy Prohpet (P.B.U.H) is the last Prophet that will ever be sent with a new message... although Jesus will come but He will not be new and will not have a new message... He will continue with His quest.... which will change to the spread of Islam rather than Christianity..... but my point is that Prophet (P.B.U.H) is the last Prophet and no other will come with a new religion since Islam is the last religion ever to come.... and will INSHALLAH stay alive tilll the Day Of Judgment...
death_dealer
clerification time once more

Quote:
although Jesus will come but He will not be new and will not have a new message

yes jesus will retern and he will follow the jeresperdence of islam the law's and the rest u see when he reterns he will allow the mahdi (a man from the prophets mohammad'(S.A.W.S) family to lead the prey althought the mahdi will tell him to do it jesus will no

hope that clearafied a few things for ya
nam_siddharth
If Quran is not really changed, then why Siias and Sunnies are querrelling over religion? Siias think that Sunnies are atheist and Sunnies think same for Siias.

PS: Siia and Sunni are two different sects of Islam.
salman_500
nam_siddharth wrote:
If Quran is not really changed, then why Siias and Sunnies are querrelling over religion? Siias think that Sunnies are atheist and Sunnies think same for Siias.

PS: Siia and Sunni are two different sects of Islam.

well you see...even thought Shia's ans Sunnies are two sects of Islam...

both believe in the same God
both believe in the same Quran
both believe in the same Prohpet
both follow the same religious acts
both follow the same muslim calender

the difference between them is not religious at all... the difference is in a political manner....

Shia's say that "Imam's" should be given more importance in religion whereas Sunnies give relatively less importance to "Imam's" as copmared to Shia and thats the only problem between them... Sunnies basically belive khalifa system whereas Shia's believe Imam sytem that is.......... there is no religious conflict between the two......

get it????
death_dealer
yep ur right it all leads back to history and if u gonna mention iraq just dont be stupide ovesly one would have done something to triger of the other sect
mike1reynolds
salman_500 wrote:
there is no religious conflict between the two......

get it????

Then why do they consider Qur'anic verses about atheists to apply too each other?
salman_500
mike1reynolds wrote:
salman_500 wrote:
there is no religious conflict between the two......

get it????

Then why do they consider Qur'anic verses about atheists to apply too each other?

wel... i dont really know if they really do that.... but you see... when Islam first came... there was no concept of sects....... so the Quran actually states all the things that are believed by these two sects.... the only difference is that, look maybe this image thing will show it: (Suppose)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| total teachings of Quran
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||...... techings belived by Shia
......||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| teaching belived by Suni's

the dots represeent the teaching not believed by each group, which are believed by the other group.......

so you see al this part the other sect belives the other to be rong and vice versa.. using Quranic verses frm this area..... they try to proove the other to be rong..

now the parts the each group does not belive which refer to the "Imam" and Khalifa" system i mentioned earlier....... are the political matters that mark there difference.......

i hope its clear now???????
Whong
God = God The Father, God The Son, God The Spirit! = God

For me the name of the Lord is Holy so why say it, as it says "Do not use My name in vain!!!"

God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit = The Triune God Exclamation Wink

God is good and mercyful, His love is great, He's so wonderful, he is my Lord! Wink Idea
death_dealer
Quote:

For me the name of the Lord is Holy so why say it, as it says "Do not use My name in vain!!!"

God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit = The Triune God

God is good and mercyful, His love is great, He's so wonderful, he is my Lord!

so....................... your saying god needs an extra to part to become most powerful what the hell !!!!

also is jesus is S.O.G then why would he part of the trinity
Whong
death_dealer wrote:
Quote:

so....................... your saying god needs an extra to part to become most powerful what the hell !!!!

Thats just how it is, I don't know why but I know it is just as is! Laughing
God only had mercy to send His Son here to die for us, for none of us is worthy to be accepted into heaven, for we've all sined and fallen short of the glory of God! Sin lives in us in these bodies! God opened the way for us, let us accept it! Wink Idea
salman_500
Whong wrote:
Thats just how it is, I don't know why but I know it is just as is! Laughing
God only had mercy to send His Son here to die for us, for none of us is worthy to be accepted into heaven, for we've all sined and fallen short of the glory of God! Sin lives in us in these bodies! God opened the way for us, let us accept it! Wink Idea

well first of all... Jesus is NOT the son of GOD.....secondly He is NOT dead........ and lastly.....yes we all are sinfull.... But in stead of trying to cure it, you actually accepting it?????? its a pitty how far below ppl can fall....
Rocky3478
salman_500 wrote:
well first of all... Jesus is NOT the son of GOD.....secondly He is NOT dead........ and lastly.....yes we all are sinfull.... But in stead of trying to cure it, you actually accepting it?????

As a Bible-believing Christian, I base my faith not only on faith itself, but on proven facts. Jesus when on Earth fulfiled each and every one of the hundreds of prophesies that were made hundreds, if not thousands of years before He was born. No one is that good of a guesser, not a chance in the world. And these are just a few of the many, many prophesies that are in the Christian Bible that have been and are being fulfilled, sometimes thousands of years after the book was written. There are no contradictions in the Bible at all, whereas if I recall the Qur'an has at least one contradiction in it. If a book contradicts itself, why should anyone believe it?

Please go here for proof, and references if you'd like to look it up.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/messiah.htm
http://www.carm.org/islam/obj_Jesus_son.htm
http://www.arabicbible.com/islam/son.htm
http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Son-of-God.html
http://answering-islam.org.uk/Quran/Contra/index.html
http://www.bibleprobe.com/365messianicprophecies.htm
http://www.bibleprobe.com/300great.htm
Nisk
Muslim religion is the youngest religion on the planet. It was created by people with no education and is bassed on human ideas. Like "you will go to heaven with 13 virgins". Islam (or whatever it is called) shouldn't be called a religion. It is an excuse to bomb, kill and rape in the name of allagh. That what is "Holy War". God was supposed to be pure inteligent being, not wanting his people kill others not of their fate! They pray all day and then kill in the name of allagh! That is not religion! Muslims are mental! If they believe in alagh and like him so much let them kill themselves not other innocent people! Hate them. Tey are un-educated crazy bunch of extremists animals!!! Actualy no, animals are way more moral then them!
death_dealer
ok

number 1

Quote:
death_dealer wrote:
Quote:

Thats just how it is, I don't know why but I know it is just as is!
God only had mercy to send His Son here to die for us, for none of us is worthy to be accepted into heaven, for we've all sined and fallen short of the glory of God! Sin lives in us in these bodies! God opened the way for us, let us accept it!

then the god you talk of dosnt sound merciful yet god is soposed to be the most merciful. ok think of it this way god created us and created all mankind sinful so all mankind can go to hell excuse my language but WTF

it sounds like god had sympithy to his son thats why god allows us heaven a father wouldnt want his sons sacrifise to be in vain useless etc.....

please note that when i say son of god i do not belive that but can not find a better way to put it

ok hears the exciting part

Quote:
Muslim religion is the youngest religion on the planet. It was created by people with no education and is bassed on human ideas. Like "you will go to heaven with 13 virgins". Islam (or whatever it is called) shouldn't be called a religion. It is an excuse to bomb, kill and rape in the name of allagh. That what is "Holy War". God was supposed to be pure inteligent being, not wanting his people kill others not of their fate! They pray all day and then kill in the name of allagh! That is not religion! Muslims are mental! If they believe in alagh and like him so much let them kill themselves not other innocent people! Hate them. Tey are un-educated crazy bunch of extremists animals!!! Actualy no, animals are way more moral then them!

where the hell you get half your info

1: muslims brang most of there morals to the west
2: you are an ignorames sorry to say you have juged a majority on a minorit also you have spocken with no proof
3: you will be sent to heaven with 13 vergins man i wonder where your gettin you info from it thats how it is i wanna be #1 there
4: IT's called ISLAM and true it is younge but also truthful
5: we hate what ???? last time I went to my locol mosque or read the quran i seen it said do not fight them less thay fight you.

so please provied me an answer to this one question

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU RABBITING ON ABOUT???????

islam kill people sorry to say but i dont no how old you are but you sound 5 like a child saying i don't like these people couse there mean with no proof what so ever
salman_500
you ppl are just saying stuff for the sake of arguments...

you dont think wen your writting and just keep on saying stuff at random..... you start your ABC..... you dont go orderly but move on unorderly..... like : ABDFGCHJKIL...... Confused

youu dont know what exactly your talking about and saying stuff...... first you agree to somthin and in the next post your against it.... cmon guyz get real.........

if you come back to this topic after like a couple of days.... foe GODS sake read the early post to see what we are talking about and what you earlier said....

i cant believe how foolish ppl can get. Shocked ...
Whong
salman_500 wrote:
you ppl are just saying stuff for the sake of arguments...

you dont think wen your writting and just keep on saying stuff at random..... you start your ABC..... you dont go orderly but move on unorderly..... like : ABDFGCHJKIL...... Confused

youu dont know what exactly your talking about and saying stuff...... first you agree to somthin and in the next post your against it.... cmon guyz get real.........

if you come back to this topic after like a couple of days.... foe GODS sake read the early post to see what we are talking about and what you earlier said....

i cant believe how foolish ppl can get. Shocked ...

Jews are God's nation, God Himself chose them for Himself! They are the apple of His eye! We all other people are gentiles, and have no right to harm the jews! Jews are the decendants of Abraham! Idea
Pikokola
Well.. well.. Actually something like this had a good er.. perfect posibility to be a flame, firstly I think We should tell all of you that there is a true story when Muhammad SAW [The Propeth of Moslem] got a agreement from a clans, The leader of the clan tell Muhammad to do an agreement which said that they (the clan followers) will follow Muhammad teaching about moslem, but, they ask Muhammad to do their religions too [share religions], for a seccond, Muhammad almost agree to them, but Allah SWT send him a words which said : "For you is your religion, and for me is My Religion" [I'll tell you the exact words later - It's hard to translate it into english perfectly]

That's show us that moslem won't ask the others to do moslem, we (moslem) just asked to sent the moslem teaching to all over the world, not forcing them to follow us. Aditionally, if you asked us why did the Shia and Suni's do something like that. I'll say this one, Qur'an is a word form Allah, there is the most beautiful book for anybody who read, think about it, and use their wise mind. Because of that, It's hard to follow all of it by just reading it, we must know the meaning, BUT, knowing the meaning of Qur'an only will not necessary if we don't use our mind to dig it deeply.

If you have a questin just put it here, I'll answer it as long as I can Smile

Regards,
Pikokola
cybernie
No one has ever seen God. His angels and His Son came to represent Him. No one knows the name of GOD. When Jesus came and started preaching, He taught that when we ask something from GOD our prayer would start with "OUR FATHER", not any name but FATHER since we all came from HIM and He is providing us all we need.

Religious differences come out when non-catholics say that Catholics God is Jesus. No, Jesus is not God Himself... He's the Son of God. He was sent by the Father to prepare our way from The Final Judgement.
death_dealer
Quote:
No one has ever seen God. His angels and His Son came to represent Him. No one knows the name of GOD. When Jesus came and started preaching, He taught that when we ask something from GOD our prayer would start with "OUR FATHER", not any name but FATHER since we all came from HIM and He is providing us all we need.

Religious differences come out when non-catholics say that Catholics God is Jesus. No, Jesus is not God Himself... He's the Son of God. He was sent by the Father to prepare our way from The Final Judgement.

to all the cristans

Ok, if Jesus is the son of God and he is worshiped (don't tell me his not) then what dose that make Adam. Like I mean if Jesus was born buy a vergin (which I belive is true) and he is worshiped then how about a creation made out of clay???
Melchizedek
death_dealer wrote:

to all the cristans

Ok, if Jesus is the son of God and he is worshiped (don't tell me his not) then what dose that make Adam. Like I mean if Jesus was born buy a vergin (which I belive is true) and he is worshiped then how about a creation made out of clay???

God the father, the son, and the holy spirit = 1 God. i.e. the father = God, the son = God, the spirit = God. But they are all 1 god, manifest in 3 forms. A bad science fiction example would be a shapeshifter named 'Bob'. If bob appeared to be human, he would be 'Bob.' If bob changed shape to an elephant, he would still be 'Bob.' And if Bob changed to mouse, he would still be 'Bob.' Jesus was a human manifestation of the son, both fully human and fully God. Adam was a creation of God. using the same sci-fi example, if Bob was able to make an a.i. robot, the robot wouldn't be Bob, it would be a creation of Bob.

death_dealer wrote:
ok think of it this way god created us and created all mankind sinful so all mankind can go to hell excuse my language but WTF

it sounds like god had sympithy to his son thats why god allows us heaven a father wouldnt want his sons sacrifise to be in vain useless etc.....

God didn't create man sinful. God created man to have the free will to be able to choose whether or not to worship him, rather than just having a bunch of parots repeating back to him what he wanted to hear. It was man that made the choice to be sinful and disobey God.
death_dealer
Quote:
God the father, the son, and the holy spirit = 1 God. i.e. the father = God, the son = God, the spirit = God. But they are all 1 god, manifest in 3 forms. A bad science fiction example would be a
Quote:
shapeshifter named 'Bob'. If bob appeared to be human, he would be 'Bob.' If bob changed shape to an elephant, he would still be 'Bob.' And if Bob changed to mouse, he would still be 'Bob.' Jesus was a human manifestation of the son, both fully human and fully God. Adam was a creation of God. using the same sci-fi example, if Bob was able to make an a.i. robot, the robot wouldn't be Bob, it would be a creation of Bob.

So what your saying is that god needs 3 parts to work. 1 God no father no son

So god had no son yet Jesus is said to have refrained to god as father

also why is it that every cristain I have asked on this same topic have given me way diffrent views
Melchizedek
death_dealer wrote:

So what your saying is that god needs 3 parts to work. 1 God no father no son

So god had no son yet Jesus is said to have refrained to god as father

also why is it that every cristain I have asked on this same topic have given me way diffrent views

You have gotten different views from different christians because there are different views about the trinity. God is omnipresent and omnipotent. That means that he is everywhere, and all powerful. The human mind can't fully comprehend this, because we live in finite space. The trinity are manifestations of God that make him easier to understand. The father signifies "the being sitting on the throne, looking down from heaven" The son signifies "his grace, forgiveness, love" and the holy spirit signifies "his power." If God were to be represented as a human, the father would represent the head, the son would represent the torso, and the holy spirit would represent the arms and legs. God would be the whole body, 1 God. The father is a representation of a part of the whole.

You say "So what your saying is that god needs 3 parts to work." Well, that all depends on how you want to think about God. He is 1 god, that can be split into 3 manifestations, and each of those can actually be split into more parts. Much like your body can be split into parts. You're head consists of eyes, nose, mouth, brain, etc. So does God need 3 parts to work? How many parts do you need to work?
S3nd K3ys
roismaga wrote:
Our Lord's Name Is Allah

Um.

No.

YOUR Lord's Name may be Allah. NOT mine.

Do not try to force me to believe the same way or even insinuate that I beleive that way.

Mkaythks.
Melchizedek
S3nd K3ys wrote:
roismaga wrote:
Our Lord's Name Is Allah

Um.

No.

YOUR Lord's Name may be Allah. NOT mine.

Do not try to force me to believe the same way or even insinuate that I beleive that way.

Mkaythks.

Just out of curiosity, who do you worship? Allah is just the islamic word for God. There is obviously an implication of a religion that accompanies the word Allah, just as there's an implication of a religion with the word God, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. You could call your money Allah, or you can call your spouse God. (not that I would recommend either) It's just 2 ways of saying the same word.
S3nd K3ys
Who do I worship? Hrm. Never really thought about it. I guess it would have to be my beautiful wife. Wink

Oh, you mean Spiritually? I don't.

Melchizedek wrote:
Allah is just the islamic word for God.

And the Q'Ran is the Muslim's interpretation of His word? Then why such the contrast between the Q'Ran and the Bible?
Melchizedek
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Who do I worship? Hrm. Never really thought about it. I guess it would have to be my beautiful wife. Wink

Melchizedek wrote:

And the Q'Ran is the Muslim's interpretation of His word? Then why such the contrast between the Q'Ran and the Bible?

Muslims and Christians don't worship the same God. That's not what I'm saying. I was just saying that the word Allah means in islamic, God. You have the free choice to choose whatever/whoever you want to be your God. That's how we were created. Sorry if I was a bit confusing.
S3nd K3ys
Melchizedek wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Melchizedek wrote:

Muslims and Christians don't worship the same God. That's not what I'm saying. I was just saying that the word Allah means in islamic, God. You have the free choice to choose whatever/whoever you want to be your God. That's how we were created. Sorry if I was a bit confusing.

OIC. Thanks. I was confused. Wink
Juparis
I'm glad this thread was started, because it's cleared up (for me) some of what Muslims believe. As a Christian, I can't quite agree, but I'm definitely interested in the topic. At school (it's my only source for religious teachings, sorry), the view of what Jews and Muslims believe is so skewed, it's hard to tell what's truth and what's a biased old man's opinion. Regardless, I just want to make sure I have everything right so far (according to Islam).

First God had his chosen people, the Jews. But then the people somehow changed the religion?
I thought that it was because they rejected his Son (is Jesus just another prophet to Muslims?), that he turned to Gentiles. And thus Christianity was born.
But then Christians changed the books? That I wouldn't be surprised in, just because of the history of the Catholic Church. I won't say it's still corrupt, but as the first "Universal" church, there sure was a lot of corruption spreading..
Anyway, as I'm inferring, it was after Christians changed his holy books that he institued Islam?

Please, correct me if I'm wrong or messed something up there...
But I do have a question in the off-chance that I got it all right... Why has God's persona changed in each of these religions? Is his personality simply that spastic/diverse? Why would he attain all the same characteristics from all three religions?
doomz
Quote:

Our Lord's Name Is "Allah"

But my God is not Arabian.
Allah is the God of Arab.

some question?

what is Jesus name in Al-Quran? Jesus too? Jesus was born as Jewish, if you called Him in Arab name, how could possible Jesus turn into Arabian. at least Jesus real name still a Jewish Name.

what about David, Moses, etc?

If you said Jesus is not the Son of God, that's OK.
but why God said Jesus will return near the judgement day.
why not chosen Moses, David, Mohammad, Adam, or the other prophet.
that mean Jesus is very special for God. could somebody explain this?

I think God, I mean Allah is not as perfect as being God. He even can not protect his 'Message' or his Bible from changing by his creation and still have to send his MESSAGE repeatly until 4 times. and from the first He even don't consider the future changing of his creation life by just giving TEN message for the whole of Human Life as 'the way of better life for Him'. is he making mistake?, still He can not predict those Jewish will be against His Order and now he said they were cursed, How could Him be like that. or Allah already planning to curse Jewish if He so called Almighty and know everything. He making a wrong chosen, maybe He should be chose Indian, Chinese, African, Arab and prevent Jewsih from cursed. what about this?
death_dealer
Quote:
But my God is not Arabian.
Allah is the God of Arab.

God=Allah
Allah=God

Quote:
what is Jesus name in Al-Quran? Jesus too? Jesus was born as Jewish, if you called Him in Arab name, how could possible Jesus turn into Arabian. at least Jesus real name still a Jewish Name.

the arabic name of jesus is isa Allah reerfs to him as isa benu maryam
or jesus son of mary

Quote:
If you said Jesus is not the Son of God, that's OK.
but why God said Jesus will return near the judgement day.
why not chosen Moses, David, Mohammad, Adam, or the other prophet.
that mean Jesus is very special for God. could somebody explain this?

thats is from gods wisedem also in islam jesus did not died

Quote:
I think God, I mean Allah is not as perfect as being God. He even can not protect his 'Message' or his Bible from changing by his creation and still have to send his MESSAGE repeatly until 4 times. and from the first He even don't consider the future changing of his creation life by just giving TEN message for the whole of Human Life as 'the way of better life for Him'. is he making mistake?, still He can not predict those Jewish will be against His Order and now he said they were cursed, How could Him be like that. or Allah already planning to curse Jewish if He so called Almighty and know everything. He making a wrong chosen, maybe He should be chose Indian, Chinese, African, Arab and prevent Jewsih from cursed. what about this?

1 more time

Allah=God
God=Allah
[/quote]
Aredon
salman_500 wrote:

well first of all... Jesus is NOT the son of GOD.....secondly He is NOT dead........ and lastly.....yes we all are sinfull.... But in stead of trying to cure it, you actually accepting it?????? its a pitty how far below ppl can fall....

This goes back to my long believed point. You cannot say anything is false in another religion based on what your religion says and expect them to believe it. Simply becuase your religion teaches you that Jesus is not the son of God doesn't give you the amount of structured evidence to prove that he isn't. Furthermore, attacking someone elses beliefs is WRONG, i do not care WHAT your religion teaches you. Telling someone that their religion is wrong and yours is right is, i assure you, is not what your God wants you to do. Lastly, if you want people to convert to your religion, you may consider a more suttle approuch than outright attacking of their current beliefs, this has caused problems for all religions in the past. Telling other religions they are wrong and to convert, this is not the way, that way leads to war. I promise you will all have enough war in the last days to come, let it rest now. It is enough.
Trapper
You all need to realize that we are ALL sinners. All of us are born with a sinful flesh and prone to follow the world (worshipping money, cars, women, or what have you) or follow heresies and false religions.

The fact remains, we must repent of our sins and worship Christ our Savior. He has already died for your sins and mine and you have the chance to believe and have your sins forgiven and be freed of your laws, your guilty conscience and to live a peace filled life.

As a child of God, you will desire to be more like him and live a peaceful and non-worldly life. You are also freed from the law of having to wear special clothing or cover the hair, or hide the body. A saved christian does not look at the clothes you wear or not wear, but sees your shining light.

We all need to love one another, just as christ loved us. Thank you for listening (reading).
druidbloke
If there is only one god, and no other influence, and he created all and man, then didnt he also put the ability to sin within him?
Juparis
The ability to sin is a given when one has free will. And if there was no chance to sin, then we would have no other choice but to obey the Lord (whatever his name is). And that's basically slavery, so if you believe in the Adam/Eve story, it only makes sense that he would have a tree they couldn't touch--it was their opportunity to show that, with their free will, they wanted to stay with the Lord. But of course, the snake did this and that, and they fell into sin, blah blah blah...

But basically, the answer's yes. That doesn't mean He made sin or that he makes us sin, but we have the ability to sin--as well as the ability to resist it--to show Him who we're really dedicated to.
Soulfire
Guess I missed the point of this entire post.
olusanya
if one reads the torah, bible and qur'an objectively with a clear and open mind [minus cultural biases and personal beliefs] it is easy to see that all 3 traditions are abrahamic traditions and their religious practices are very similar in nature. it is the manmade innovations and interpretations of the people who follow these spiritual traditions that has created what appear to be "differences". the qur'an actually states on more than one occasion that if the jews, christians, and muslims abide by the rules and regulations proposed in their scriptures that they will all receive the blessings of their Creator. if the Creator wanted us to be the same He/She would have made us so, instead we were made different and given the challenge of learning how to recognize our Creator in each other, as we are all children of the Most High. if the Architect of this UnIverse allows so-called "difference" who are we to say it is wrong? historically... judaism, christianity and islam are the three of the youngest traditions, yet they are responsible for more bloodshed than all of the other religions combined. why? because they do not truly recognize the Oneness and Unity of the Creator's creation, instead they choose to advocate the concept of a "chosen people" placing themselves above other human beings. when the bible states, "do unto others as you would have others do unto you", it is implied that that the "other" person in just like you. when the qur'an states "qul huwa allahu ahad" {say allah is one) it implies that allah is all there is, and just like the bible... in Him/Her we live and have our being.
i use he/her and him/her to mess with all of u who try to subscribe a gender to the formless cause of all forms.. ha ha ha ha.
toasterintheoven
I think there's very few fields of study that really necessitates ones propensity to not only study extensively, but to trace back the roots of each artifact as much as possible, as theology. Two things that strike me immediately upon entering this forum topic
1) I hope it bothers a good number of people that when it comes to mentioning the name of our 'lord,' we're already limiting ourselves to 26 letters.
2) It occurs to me that the roots of the bible, a lot of which not only derives from just Hebrew scriptures, but some from the Qu'ran as well.

I think instead of further defining the differences between these religions, it's far better to find common roots, thus unifying religions in a world that is more and more becoming dominated by the scientific community and giant corporations and etc.,

I like to think like that "Coexist" sticker you see on the cars of a lot of hippies
Bikerman
toasterintheoven wrote:
2) It occurs to me that the roots of the bible, a lot of which not only derives from just Hebrew scriptures, but some from the Qu'ran as well.
Can you develop that please? I thought that the major part of the New Testament was finalised well before the 7th century when the Quran was written...
With a few small exceptions, the material in the NT was pretty much all completed by the end of the 2nd century, so I'm intrigued to know how it could possibly have derived anything from a book not written for another 3-plus centuries...