FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Private domain registrations

Hobbit
I don't know if this is an appropriate topic, feel free to lock n00bie. Razz

What I want to say is that, we shouldn't be forced to hide our identity. I think it's just another excuse to make money, but then again everyone wants money. But still, we shouldn't pay for privacy, it's just something we're born with.

My next point Twisted Evil you can edit your information and put false information. So if someone searches your site on whois.com, false info will come out, therefore your identity will always be safe. Surprised
Scorpio
You CAN put false info.

But If Yahoo or whatever tries contacting you and they find that the info is false, your domain name will be cancelled and will be taken away,

Which means you will be screwed out of your 3$ or 10$ or whatever you have paid.

now is that sensible?

And, it is necessary for every domain name owner to have it listed for certain purposes

DOmain registrars charge you to make an extra buck or bucks

Yahoo charges 3$ a domain name, but charge 9$ for private reg.
They break even by this.

Also wumings has a domain name with private reg for 9$ a month, isnt that high?
Hobbit
I didn't know they cancelled your account. Well, do they really investigate? I mean, I bet hundreds, if not thousands of domains are registered everyday. Would they really take the time?

Well until I get a job, I shall pay for a private domain. Until then, my name, my address, my personal email, and my phone number are public. I might as well be raped.

*HITS KEYBOARD AND SHAKES HEAD VIOLENTLY*
manumiglani
Quote:
My next point you can edit your information and put false information. So if someone searches your site on whois.com, false info will come out, therefore your identity will always be safe

Well you are exactly right. one can really change his/her information and make his wois details anonmoyous or whatever he/she wishes to.

Quote:
But If Yahoo or whatever tries contacting you and they find that the info is false, your domain name will be cancelled and will be taken away,

you can make your a new email and provide that in whois details. Yahoo with only contact you through other soures if you do not reply through email by them. Email is the primay source by which they contact you.

Quote:
Yahoo charges 3$ a domain name, but charge 9$ for private reg.
They break even by this.
There are many domain registrars which offer free domain privacy.

Quote:
Well, do they really investigate? I mean, I bet hundreds, if not thousands of domains are registered everyday. Would they really take the time?
I do not think they have the time and care a damn about this. They only care after any farud or something.
billybob
I dont see why it is nessesary to put fake details up at www.ukreg.com they hide your address for free apart from the option wasnt there when i registerd my second domain with them Confused but any way if u use fake information you wont really own the domain the domain will be registerd to the "fake" person!
Scorpio
If everybody could put false details, then why exactly are they not doing it?

Its not like everybody has the money to go for a private registration.

But it is important that we should be fair, for 3$ or for a 100$, it is essential more as a matter of ethics.

But anyway, it comes down to you, if you want to spend 9$ and do it the right way, or save 9$ and do some manipulating in the domains.

Honestly, 9$ may be a high amount for me, but certainly not for many others, who can afford a domain name
bgbg
am I the only one who thinks that putting wrong details is first of all immoral, then illegal and ONLY then inconvinient? And if nobody bothers to check and verify the details, you may not be worried about the latter two cases, but the first one is always valid.
ksaara
Hobbit wrote:
I don't know if this is an appropriate topic, feel free to lock n00bie. Razz

What I want to say is that, we shouldn't be forced to hide our identity. I think it's just another excuse to make money, but then again everyone wants money. But still, we shouldn't pay for privacy, it's just something we're born with.

My next point Twisted Evil you can edit your information and put false information. So if someone searches your site on whois.com, false info will come out, therefore your identity will always be safe. Surprised

Hi,

Whois privacy protection helps to hide your identity from public view.It helps to hide your personal information from hackers.But it will not display the false information.It display the whois provider information.If you not registering your domain name as private ,and making it as public please don't give false information.If someone finds your domain name fake information ,they make report it to google.Also giving False information is Illegal process in point of ICANN .To check whether your domain name privacy protected or not visit WhoisXY.com .