FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting a webcomic

rhathar
One question, I didn't see it answered in the TOS. I realize that hosting downloads, images or other large file / high traffic sites are prohibited, but would that extend to someone hosting a webcomic?

A friend of mine is looking to start up a small comic online, and isn't interesting in doing it for profit (mainly because of the amount of work involved), but webcomics definately take up a lot of traffic. Would this be allowable?
Bondings
If you get a permission of your friend to host your comics, then yes it is allowed.

The image/file hosting restriction, is rather websites providing a service for other people on the internet to upload pictures/files so they can use them on forums or their own websites. Like imageshack.us for the pictures.

Your own pictures/comics and similar stuff is allowed.

There is no problem with you trying to make profits with your website. You are allowed to put as many ads (even popups) on them, as long as they are completely legal and not adult, it is ok.

About the resources, I don't think this will be a problem, certainly not if your pages or mostly static and don't require a lot of database querries (like phpnuke or other cms's).
rhathar
Great, that's exactly what I needed to know about it, thank you Smile