FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A modest proposal

adhoc
I bet this has been discussed before, but I don't know how to find it.

I suggest you get rid of the frih$ and allow users to trade/donate actual points instead. Frih$ are useless, and this will make things somewhat interesting. Users could arrange contests and build each other little banners and things -- and get something that doesn't suck.

Second. I hear there is a 45 point limit -- I suppose what I have right now will eventually get reset to that. What's the point of that?

PS. How is that RoR installation going?
n0obie4life
Points are used to determine your activeness. By allowing trading of points, you won't be determined how "active" you are.

FRIH$ is not useless, I don't know how many times I repeated it. You need FRIH$ to manage your directory listing, and we plan to make it useful (bandwidth upgrade and etc).

The point of resetting your pints to 45 is to make sure that you are active. We cannot allow you to get 10000 points then just have an hosting account and not post for 10000 days Wink.

And we didn't promise to install Ruby on Rails, we only said we'll try. Don't worry about it, we'll announce it when we successfully install it Very Happy.
wumingsden
may I jsut add that people that don't have an account don't get their points reset at the end of the day.

Also, I've just checked RoR and it seems no progress has been made. This however is expected due to most people having exams, including me. Patience is a virtue
Scorpio
About RoR/

Do the mods have the power to install and implement it or does only Bondiings have?
wumingsden
scorpio wrote:
About RoR/

Do the mods have the power to install and implement it or does only Bondiings have?

It's for me to know and not for you to know
Scorpio
wumingsden wrote:
scorpio wrote:
About RoR/

It's for me to know and not for you to know

What?
You too have started answering like no0bie.

Anyway I dont bother.

Do what is best Wink
adhoc
I don't get why it matters how active a single person is and over how short/long a period of time.. As long as posts are posted and points are made somewhere/sometime, things are good -- right? Anyway, it's no big deal, but it sucks that I have a bunch that are gonna go to waste eventually..

I can wait for RoR, exams are tough. Just checking. ;o
wumingsden
adhoc wrote:
I don't get why it matters how active a single person is and over how short/long a period of time.. As long as posts are posted and points are made somewhere/sometime, things are good -- right? Anyway, it's no big deal, but it sucks that I have a bunch that are gonna go to waste eventually..

As N4L's reply mentioned above, Frih$ are usable. Right now this is only in the MarketPlace but in future you'll be able to buy extra bandwitch, etc.
adhoc
wumingsden wrote:
adhoc wrote:

As N4L's reply mentioned above, Frih$ are usable. Right now this is only in the MarketPlace but in future you'll be able to buy extra bandwitch, etc.

Well, I'm excited about the future, but here I was talking about the hosting points I have that are going to get reset once I apply for an account.
WebSiteGuru
wumingsden wrote:
adhoc wrote:

I would hope that we will be able to buy more spaces too, right? Along with the bandwidth.
Helios
I bet that even god can hardly guess what Bondings have in mind for the future.
Scorpio
Whatever be it, hope it gets implemented soon. and not late