FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Werewolf game, anyone interested?

qbawler311
Werewolf
A Mind Game
also called "Mafia"
Werewolf is a simple game for a large group of people (seven or more.) It requires no equipment besides some bits of paper; you can play it just sitting in a circle. I'd call it a party game, except that it's a game of accusations, lying, bluffing, second-guessing, assassination, and mob hysteria.

link: http://www.eblong.com/zarf/werewolf.html

I will start the game in about a Saturday 5/13/06. I will play the first game with villagers, werewolves, and seers. Depending whether we start at day or night and how many of each character will depend on attendance.

Day will be from 6AM - 9PM EST, night will be 9PM - 6AM.

I will go into more detail about the rules when I start the official game thread tomorrow.

This is a find strategic mind game if you've never played before.

For more information and strategy about the game just goodle "werewolf game" and start reading. Wikapedia also has a good read on the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf_%28game%29
qbawler311
bump, i know people love this game...weird
angelussum
Never heard of this before, sounds interesting. Why is it called Mafia??
qbawler311
angelussum wrote:
Never heard of this before, sounds interesting. Why is it called Mafia??

Read the Links about the game.

Bump up come on people we need at least 13 or so people to have a decent game.
Traveller
I'm playing a game of werewolf right now on http://www.gamerz.net/pbmserv/ - a play-by-email server. We're currently down to two werewolves, one villager, and two seers remaining. This was a small game, with only a few players, so we did not include mafia, police, and medics, but we've had some larger games, as well. Generally, we set a "theme" for the game, then all use aliases based upon the theme so that we don't know who's who during the game. The current theme is "Al Pacino Movies."

It's a great game, and is very well suited for the play-by-email format.

As a new moderator here, I'm not sure how well the game would do in this forum, nor whether it may be considered a form of "spam" or not, but as long as my fellow moderators do not object, I'd be happy to join the game.

Even if it doesn't work out here, feel free to join us on gamerz.net. You can even observe the current game. Just join the server (it's free, with no obligations) and then send the command, "werewolf subscribe userid password 232" to "pbmserv AT gamerz DOT net" to start receiving emails for each move in the game from that point, until it ends.

edit:Never mind the bit about observing game 232 - the game is over and the werewolves won.
qbawler311
Traveller wrote:
I'm playing a game of werewolf right now on http://www.gamerz.net/pbmserv/ - a play-by-email server. We're currently down to two werewolves, one villager, and two seers remaining. This was a small game, with only a few players, so we did not include mafia, police, and medics, but we've had some larger games, as well. Generally, we set a "theme" for the game, then all use aliases based upon the theme so that we don't know who's who during the game. The current theme is "Al Pacino Movies."

It's a great game, and is very well suited for the play-by-email format.

As a new moderator here, I'm not sure how well the game would do in this forum, nor whether it may be considered a form of "spam" or not, but as long as my fellow moderators do not object, I'd be happy to join the game.

Even if it doesn't work out here, feel free to join us on gamerz.net. You can even observe the current game. Just join the server (it's free, with no obligations) and then send the command, "werewolf subscribe userid password 232" to "pbmserv AT gamerz DOT net" to start receiving emails for each move in the game from that point, until it ends.

edit:Never mind the bit about observing game 232 - the game is over and the werewolves won.

I got a good place to play online check out the 2+2 forums for frequent good sized games.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=puzzles

its forums based, they usually do about 3-4 turbos a day with 30 minutes rounds. then also regular non-turbo games where wound lengths are a day.
Guyon
I just could not fit it in right now, but it seems like such a great idea. I ran a IRC RPG for a year once. I even programmed menu driven sounds to play for effect and open dice rolls so everyone would see them live on screen.

I really wish you luck in getting something like this together. I am sure everyone would enjoy it, as it seems like you put in some time to get it up and running.

Best of luck!!!!!
Guyon