FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My fish, my hobby ^_^

04S07
I keep bettas (aka siamese fighting fish) as a hobby =)

The above are the children of the following:

And here's a video of the fry ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rFJhluw0Yg

Enjoy!
munkey_boy
cool, do they fight each other? lol whya re they called fighting fish
Leetch
if you look at some of them...
they're upsidedown hahaha
is that mean there dead?
rofl that'dd be funny
cloudship
then i would have a good appetite Wink
greekcovers
I like fishes and i like to know why called fighting fish ?
adhoc
Wow! Those are so colorful! Very pretty.
xposeit
omg.those fish are so entertaining to watch.loll Exclamation
Blaster
kind of CCoolCoolL I wish my fish would have babies. Congrats mama and papa. Very Happy

They are really pretty fish.
04S07
They're called fighting fish because the males will tear each other apart if you put them together. Especially if it's for a girl Razz

No they're not dead, they're just fighting for space and my attention Razz

Yeah they're fun to watch ^^ Thanks everyone for your comments.
gardenofashes
Those images, those fish are beautiful. I had a betta for about 3 years. He was the arneyist fish and had the most personality of any fish I've ever known. He was so cool. I would hold my finger just above the water and he would bite onto my nail. He would wiggle like crazy when it was feeding time too and puff up at me when I put my face in front of the glass. I was really upset when he died. But it's surprising that I'll remember a fish until the day I die.
04S07
gardenofashes wrote:
Those images, those fish are beautiful. I had a betta for about 3 years. He was the arneyist fish and had the most personality of any fish I've ever known. He was so cool. I would hold my finger just above the water and he would bite onto my nail. He would wiggle like crazy when it was feeding time too and puff up at me when I put my face in front of the glass. I was really upset when he died. But it's surprising that I'll remember a fish until the day I die.

Thanks =)

Yeah bettas have very fine personalities and some of them have The Attitude. Sorry that it went to Betta Heaven, but at least you still cherish him in your thoughts =)
airek
I have a friend who owns about 27 different pets. He has red- bellied piranhas. they are vicious, if you drop a mouse in the water the effing tear it apart, and their eyes turn red. He has liek 4 snakes, a tarantula, an alligator(sp) mad turtles, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Dillydally
I used to have a fish tank with an Oscar fish and some other ones. The thing was my Oscar fish was 20X bigger than the other ones. And yet the little fish beat him up Sad poor guy.... I love to go fishing also >Smile Mostly sport fishing! I don't really keep them and eat them. Unless I'm with my dad fishing for King Salmon Very Happy I live in Alaska so we aren't far away!
killerdevil
too many fishes and very colorful Very Happy
quixotic
I have 3 veil tailed bettas. ^^; When I have more room I'm looking to by some more. Right now I have two males and a female, and the female is SO gorgeous.

Betta <3

And also... LOL at the Witch Hunter Robin theme. XD
songsalways
I also keep fish. I have 4 of them now. Two Carps and two Gold fish, i dont like gold fish though.
Actually its a nice feeling to look at them. Cool and meditating and peaceful.
Sometimes, i even feel like talking to them. The biggest of them is almost 3 years old, and i have some kind of personal attachment with him. 2 of his siblings are dead. The next carp is almost 1 year old. He has also lost his brother, one brother.

I dont know how do they pass their time Smile , coz i dont visit them often, no time now a days. These working days are so stuffed, i dont even have time in the weekends.

Rest of the two gold fishes are doing fine.

I will post a family photo of them someday.
carolinehjkim
Wow, your fish is really cool.
I don't know not much about any kinds of animals but your fish pictures make me really admired.
Please tell me more about your 'fighting fish?" (I'm not sure about it's name). How many types are there? colors? How much are they? How many are you raising them?
I used to own a turtle but it escaped from me ;(
quixotic
carolinehjkim wrote:
Wow, your fish is really cool.
I don't know not much about any kinds of animals but your fish pictures make me really admired.
Please tell me more about your 'fighting fish?" (I'm not sure about it's name). How many types are there? colors? How much are they? How many are you raising them?
I used to own a turtle but it escaped from me ;(

"Fighting fish" as they're generally known are actually named bettas, and get the name fighting fish from the really nasty habit the males have of being so territorial they'll rip any other betta to shreds (unless it's a cute female *blows bubbles*).

There are various types, ranging from the ones that still live in the rice paddies and ponds of Thailand to the veil tail, to the really fancy ones that people take to betta shows, breed, and spoil rotten.

They can range in price anywhere from $3 for a veil tail to over $100 for a more rare strain.
ebkari
omg! clean your tank! that's animal cruelty!

you realize that fish shit in their water, and when you don't clean their tank regularly they're suffocating from the toxins that have exited their body because they cannot complete the nitrogen cycle required for them to breathe oxygen....right...
Vanquish
Your tank is immensly overstocked, and your babys will start to fight soon. Trust me i've done it all, put them all in seperate jars, or similar items. Trust me, unless you want lots of unhealthy/dead fish.

Neal
Vanquish
Your tank is immensly overstocked, and your babys will start to fight soon. Trust me i've done it all, put them all in seperate jars, or similar items. Trust me, unless you want lots of unhealthy/dead fish.
ebkari, Just so you know these fish have a labrynth organ which enables them to breathe air out of the water, however I agree that water is disgusting and you should do a 100% water change and a gravel vac. You will notice the fish will be alot happier.

Neal
sugarbox
very beautiful and colorful
albusa
wow, and those fishes can be together without killing ones to others¿?
Tatsumaru
I was expecting to just see one boring fish but what you've got is actually pretty cool. Pretty colors too. My sister has 2 goldfish and they are terribly boring haha Laughing