FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

tar.gz - extracting with directadmin

springbok
If I have a tar.gz file on my server and I want to extract it on the server, is there a way that I can do this or do I have to extract the file first then upload them?
Daniel15
If you upload the tar.gz file, DirectAdmin will have an option to extract the file. So, just upload the tar.gz file, and then go to the File Manager. It will allow you to extract the file Smile
springbok
Does it also extract normal zip files or is it only tar.gz?

Thanks
n0obie4life
It only extracts .tar.gz files.
FreakyCoderz
Mine..., the tar.gz files has being uploaded into the public_html BUT when tries to extract using the DirectAdmin 'extract' facility - it GOES INTO BLANK page...

Do I have to edit any permission?

Any solution?
ezekiel_rage
FreakyCoderz wrote:
Mine..., the tar.gz files has being uploaded into the public_html BUT when tries to extract using the DirectAdmin 'extract' facility - it GOES INTO BLANK page...

Do I have to edit any permission?

Any solution?

I dont mean to hijack this thread, so if i break any rules, sorry. But I have the same problem. when ever i try to untar a .tar.gz file i only get a blank page. at first i thought my DSL connection is acting-up so i waited but after waiting for almost an hour and after repeated tries i still cant untar the file.

I hope somebody could address this issue.

of course i could upload the files via FTP, but it would be a PITA, since i am trying to install a CMS. thanks
n0obie4life
There shouldn't be a blank page.

There should be a page showing you the contents of the .tar.gz and confirming if you want to extract it.