FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Anti Virus

paurna
I currently use Zone Alarm security suite.I had recently installed Bit Defender professional 9.But if kept conflicting with zone alarm and hence I was forced to uninstall it.Now I would like you all to suggest other good anti virus softwares.

I only want to know bout antivirus.I dont want a security suite as I fell zone alarm is doing a good job.

I have a few anti virus softwares in mind like

Nod 32
Avast
Avg Antivirus
Kapersky.

Kindly you can also mention the antivirus and firewalls used by you.[/u]
Indyan
I use kaspersky internet security. Its av is top notch ( the best).It's firewall is avg though. But since ZAP creates problems over here i use it.
Go for kaspersky.
Both avg and avast are not really up to the mark.
Nod32's virus db is mediocre. But its heuristic scanning engine is good. Also it is very very light.
prongs_386
I usually find suites such as zonealarm internet security or norton internet security to be memory hogging. I have a standalone version of nortan and fel this is the best for protection. I am behind a hardware firewall and don't particularly need any extra protection from outsied attacks.
orno
Indyan wrote:
Nod32's virus db is mediocre.

care to back that up with some facts?
i've been using NOD32 for many years now and its the only anti-virus so far that has convinced me to shell out money after trial-ing it
Leetch
Well I don't go past Nortans, it simply goes

Virus detected : Trojen Downloader::

Nortans has kicked this peice of poop
and thrown it into its hole. if this virus
comes back we will defentely kick the
owners butt.

ha well not really but it just gets rid of any
virus detected no problems !!

you should all really think of getting it
paurna
Indyan wrote:
I use kaspersky internet security. Its av is top notch ( the best).It's firewall is avg though. But since ZAP creates problems over here i use it.
Go for kaspersky.
Both avg and avast are not really up to the mark.
Nod32's virus db is mediocre. But its heuristic scanning engine is good. Also it is very very light.

is there a stand alone version of kaspersky AV.if not if i install the entire security suite will it conflict with zone alarm?
paurna
Leetch wrote:
It really has earned my money Razz
you'se probably havent heard of This anti virus because
i live in australia
What virus's have you'se guys seen in your time?

what AV are u talking bout now?

if u are referring to Norton then i will have to tell u that i had used norton for the 15 months but finally removed it as it kept hogging resources.
Daniel15
orno wrote:
Indyan wrote:
Nod32's virus db is mediocre.

care to back that up with some facts?
i've been using NOD32 for many years now and its the only anti-virus so far that has convinced me to shell out money after trial-ing it

Yeah, NOD32 is awesome! I absolutely love it! After trialling heaps of anti-virus programs, it's the only one that I liked, and it had smaller resource usage than AVG Free Edition (I believe it's the lightest virus scanner). I mean, at the moment, the NOD32 kernel is only using 7MB of memory... It's incredible that it can do so much, yet have such a small size in memory Smile

Year after year, NOD32 wins awards on being the best anti-virus program. It's been proven that NOD32 detects more viruses than other AV programs Very Happy
faker_phil
I use Grisoft AVG Free, I like it so far, its (how the name says) for free, and updates are given daily. If you want to, you can also get the professional version for $$.
Check it out: http://www.grisoft.com

--- Please try not to post things twice.
(http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-8379.html)
orcaz
Using Avast Home... Can't find a better free antivirus...
Deviatorz
norton anti virus. you should not have more than 1 anti virus program installed.
bsrkaditya
I use avast antivirus. It is pretty good. It updates the virus database automatically everyday.ALWIL Software, the producer of avast!, avast! Home Edition is free of charge for home users who do not use their computer for profit. To get industry leading antivirus protection for your home PC, download the software, and then register it.
DJHicks
correct me if im wrong ut zone alrams just a firewall?

any ways after using alsorts im statin with avg for now seems the most stable and reliable!

norton was just annoying, slow, and if found anything used to say cant be removed or somin silly! Laughing
Scorpio
I use the paid version of Avg Antivirus.

I might try out Nod32, by the way
dz9c
Zonealarm all the way...and as a side dish, spyware doctor
Tvis
I use Kaspersky 4.5 Pro. Works ok for me. I tried the new Kaspersky 6.0, but that one gave me problems. It was slowing down opening programs like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Outlook. It was driving me crazy Twisted Evil So I went back to install Ksapersky 4.5 Pro.

Although I have to say that 6.0 found trojen virusses in mails that were in the junk folder...So I guess 6.0 is very strong. Maybe I have to buy a new computer for that. I tried all kinds of settings, but it was not satisfactory.
jayandsilo
the only good ones out of those 2 are kapersky and nod32. bitdefender is the best around, so if I was you I would configure it or get rid of crapalarm
calvinchin
Hi there,

I'm using AVG free... its sufficient for our SOHO... Wink

Don't use Norton, it could blocks some of the contents of a site... Sad

Kerpesky is the best, but I'm happy with AVG, so not using it yet. Very Happy
budazz
you can use avg anti virus it works well with zone alarm i fact they have a product incorporate with zone alarm Shocked
Animal
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-8379.html

There is already an anti-virus topic in this forum. Please use it instead.

-close-