FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't delete file?

Xcelerate
I recently installed my phpBB forum using the autoinstaller script I uploaded, and now it's telling me to delete the install and contrib directories. Well, that's somewhat obvious, but when I try to delete it, DirectAdmin tells me this:

Quote:
Details

Unable to delete directory /domains/etowahxc.com/public_html/forums/install. Write access to the directory containing pathname was not allowed for the process's effective uid, or one of the directories in pathname did not allow search (execute) permission.

I notice the UID and the GID (whatever those are) are set to Apache for all the files in the forum, but everything else on my website is set to my username, so I am wondering if this has something to do with it.

Thanks.
Scorpio
Xcelerate wrote:
I recently installed my phpBB forum using the autoinstaller script I uploaded, and now it's telling me to delete the install and contrib directories. Well, that's somewhat obvious, but when I try to delete it, DirectAdmin tells me this:

Quote:
Details

Unable to delete directory /domains/etowahxc.com/public_html/forums/install. Write access to the directory containing pathname was not allowed for the process's effective uid, or one of the directories in pathname did not allow search (execute) permission.

I notice the UID and the GID (whatever those are) are set to Apache for all the files in the forum, but everything else on my website is set to my username, so I am wondering if this has something to do with it.

Thanks.

Change the permissions of the directory to 777 and then delete it.

it is not working probably because you dont have write permission on them.
Xcelerate
Umm... It tells me I don't have permission to do that either.
Scorpio
Xcelerate wrote:
Umm... It tells me I don't have permission to do that either.

try using a FTP client to do it. instead of directadmin
n0obie4life
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-14867.html

Read the stickies.
Xcelerate
Oops, sorry. I guess that didn't click.