FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox "Connection to server is reset"

orcaz
Hi, don't know whether any of you haf this problem too... Sometimes, when I go to certain sites, Firefox keeps popping up the alert "connection to server is reset" and I haf to keep clicking okay until it stops popping up. I find this very irritating. Anyone knows of anyway to stop it, like editing the about:config file?
TheGeek
i get this too, but i dont think its anything to worry about, i think its just like a 404 type error on IE, but idk, if you just hit try again it usually works, you could also try going to about:config and adjusting the timeout length or something so that it will just keep trying longer.
datter
I just got set up here and I get this error regularly. I'm HOPING it's not to do with the mysql database being overloaded and refusing connection every now and then. I've had that happen elsewhere.

datter
orcaz
how do you disable this alert... it is veri annoying. sometimes when I try to post a reply in this forum, this alert comes up too... is there a way to block it?
cybernie
i've been encountering that too.. it's really very annoying... when i open the same site on IE, it works well with no problem or a bit of error... i don't know that happen's on firefox... my firefox is always up-to-date...