FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

umness

bjwok
hi folks,

i have just launched umness.com

'umness' is the act of being 'um' - if you are confused i would suggest taking a sneaky peak at

www.umness.com

where hopefully all your questions will be answered...

cheers
Jamatu
It's just blank
salman_500
your site is pointless............ no offense.... but its just a waste of money you paid for the domain..
Scorpio
salman_500 wrote:
your site is pointless............ no offense.... but its just a waste of money you paid for the domain..

Honestly, If you had bought that domain, you would have earned more by parking it than by doing this.

However if you had not bought that domain, then I guess it does not matter

No offense, but is it really deserving for a single word to have a whole webpage dedicated to it?
bjwok
wow! some interesting replies here, and it also seems like an amount of malice in the tone of the last two!

in terms of buying the domain, i think i can afford 12 aussie bucks a year! people spend more than this on cigarettes every day!

the word 'umness' is no different to guci, mossimo, verssaci or nike in my opinion. people wear these lables on their apparel everyday, and they have NO IDEA what it is they are actually wearing!

my circle of friends have been using the words 'um' and 'umness' in our speech since 1990, and there is a small, yet growing community of people that have also already adopted it into their lives. by creating this website, and putting umness in the public domain is a way to share it with those of like mind.

thanks for the comments, they are appreciated regardless...

and to 'jamatu': in regards to you comment "it's just blank" - you really are um champ, hit the link at the top of the page!

benon
dz9c
Interesting site. But could use some expansion. A lot of expansion. You know?
Scorpio
Look, if you have the money, then I am not complaining.

Since you were able to purchase such a domain and use it this way, it obviously means you've got money to spend./

But I guess you could earn more, by parking them.
Hobbit
Even though I do get the purpose of your site, I think you should add a bit more content. And some type of interaction place, maybe a guestbook, not so sure about a forum. I don't know, I just rarely see two page websites. It's cool though. Remember we're only trying to help, some people just don't read think twice about posting.
Scorpio
Hobbit wrote:
Even though I do get the purpose of your site, I think you should add a bit more content. And some type of interaction place, maybe a guestbook, not so sure about a forum. I don't know, I just rarely see two page websites. It's cool though. Remember we're only trying to help, some people just don't read think twice about posting.

What topic can you use the forum for?

For discussing Umness? C'mon!

I am not degrading your site or anything, but in my opinion, wasting 12 bucks, my money or yours, kinda makes me feel rueful..
Jamatu
Quote:
and to 'jamatu': in regards to you comment "it's just blank" - you really are um champ, hit the link at the top of the page!

I checked both the links, the point still stands, it's blank ._. or rather the front page is blank
riv
Actually, I like the front page. It makes a nice example of the word. Very Happy
bjwok
some more interesting points...

ok to 'dz9c',

there will be no expansion on the site as there is nothing more to add! the idea is to explain umness, give some examples and offer shirts. anything else in my opinion would serve to confuse the issue too much.

having said that, and to answer 'Hobbit',

i have been toying with the idea of adding a guestbook as a point of interaction. just not too sure whether to have to simple input fields of 'name' and 'message' or whether to add other fields...

to 'scorpio',

forgive my ignorance but i am not too sure what 'parking' a domain means and also how i would make money from doing this? (not having a dig, i seriously don't know about this!)

and to 'Jamatu' the front page aint blank, it is intended to simply have the word and the two links to avoid any confusion... (although i have noticed in firefox, the background colour of all the tables does not diplay correctly - check the difference in ie, you'll see what i mean, might make a new thread for this in scripting... can't understand why it won't work)

thanks 'riv'
{name here}
salman_500 wrote:

http://www.something.com/
this is a waste of money.
riv
I'm not entirely sure, but I think "www.something.com" was supposed to be a (quite literal) joke by the people that makes Homestar Runner, since it said "www.something.com" in the "First Time Here" clip.

Or I'm just making random connections again. Confused
undoweb
Whell I didn`t find anything there and It load very slow! No ofence! Laughing
Scorpio
{name here} wrote:
salman_500 wrote:

ROFL what a crazy link...

Wonder which crack pot owns it?

@bjwok: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_parking
salman_500
{name here} wrote:
salman_500 wrote:

]

yea i guess your right........ well i guess that man truely is MAD !!!!
bjwok
back on track, with the original post...

i added a php guestbook, it is accessible from the 'what is umness' page for those interested...
tamilchild
"umness " page contain no text only heading Laughing