FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I copy/upload entire directories in a frihost account

mike_phi
Hi there I am trying to install PhpNuke and it is comprised of many files and directorys, whats the easiest way to upload/install this to a frihost account from within directadmin or outside it if posible.

cheers Mic
04S07
Hey bud... use this guide. I used it and it's really easy to understand.

http://www.trap17.com/index.php/how-install-php-nuke_t22493.html
wumingsden
mike_phi wrote:
Hi there I am trying to install PhpNuke and it is comprised of many files and directorys, whats the easiest way to upload/install this to a frihost account from within directadmin or outside it if posible.

cheers Mic

FTP is always the best option when it comes to multiple files. In my opinio you should compress (zip) the main folder then upload it via FTP at www.web2ftp.com

You can also use a FTP program like like SmartFTP
[FuN]goku
either have it in a .zip file and in cpanel click on it and then extract it and reload the page... or use ftp and upload the full folder. i reccomend the extract way tho... its alot quicker
Scorpio
[FuN]goku wrote:
either have it in a .zip file and in cpanel click on it and then extract it and reload the page... or use ftp and upload the full folder. i reccomend the extract way tho... its alot quicker

He has only directadmin not Cpanel..

You have the option of uploading files only in directadmin unless you zip it and upload.

Better yet use a FTP client .. Like filezilla
Bondings
Download the .tar.gz version (if it exists) from the php-nuke website, upload it to your directadmin and unzip it there.
[FuN]goku
scorpio wrote:
[FuN]goku wrote:

You have the option of uploading files only in directadmin unless you zip it and upload.

oh .... thot direct admin had it too :/ im too use to cpanel... never used direct admin
Scorpio
[FuN]goku wrote:
scorpio wrote:
[FuN]goku wrote:

oh .... thot direct admin had it too :/ im too use to cpanel... never used direct admin

You joined a lot earlier anyway..

I used Cpanel elsewhere and I was not impressed.
mike_phi
Hi there is there any special zip configuration I should use.
e.g. should it be a self extracting zip or will a regular zip file work.

Quote:

will this work with just a zip or will it have to be self extracting.

cheers Mic
Scorpio
It has to be a .tar.gz file.

It will have the .tar.gz extension
mike_phi
Hi there doe anyone know where I can get a utility to make a tar or gz file on windows.

basically I Have my files sitting on a windows machine and need a tool which will make a tar or gz file

cheers Mic
Scorpio
mike_phi wrote:
Hi there doe anyone know where I can get a utility to make a tar or gz file on windows.

basically I Have my files sitting on a windows machine and need a tool which will make a tar or gz file

cheers Mic

I thinkGzip can help

http://www.gzip.org/
mike_phi
I tried using gzip and it trims all the sufixes of the files I am trying to include in the gzip archive.

At this point I dont mind just ftp ing the files accross in their origional format.

here are the problems with using the origional uncompressed format and trying ftp.

There are many files and directories, and it sort of starts to copy most files accross fine but for some reason in the middle of the copying the ftp throughs an error no access etc etc etc

question is there anyway I can just have total access to my account space just to coppy the files accross.

that is the only problem i have with using the origional file format other than that I dont mind the time it will take

Basically i have my files on a windows mechine and its a phpnuke site so there are many directories and files and I cant do it one by one Sad.

I need any kind of help to get my files uploaded,

please help Mic
Scorpio
You better use a FTP client..

Download one at http://filezilla.sourceforge.net

You can upload any large folder with any number of files at a time