FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nintendo Wii(Revolution)

linkman2004
Dude, after Nintendo's press conference yesterday I'm more stoked then ever about the Wii. Very Happy I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy, Excite Truck, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Red Steel, and maybe Sonic Wildfire. Smile What about everybody else here? What's everybody else looking forward too?
ignition
I saw some of the vids from E3..the controller for the Wii looks awesome along with the games that they showed. I don't play a lot of games anymore but I will probably be picking one up anyways just because of the innovation and the price (around $200 as opposed to Sony's $600 ps3).
eku53ru
I haven't caught any news of the press conference (I should probably go look around some more), but my friend told me about the Wii. I'm personally looking forward to it; however, I share the same views as my friend. "Wii" as a name is...something which strikes me as odd.
LostOverThere
I cant wait for the Wii.
It looks fantastic, It being at e3 only makes me want it more. Smile
photon
everything apart, the only reason ill get the wii is the price factor.. i know that substituting the 360 or the ps3 with the wii would be stupid, but got no other choice.
SilverDogg
i will get a wii, no doubt about it. many things looks awesome.
red steel i was psyked about before, but now.. i dunno. the controller seems to be a bit off. hopefully they work things out before its released.

i had some doubts in excite truck, but then i read igns hand-on, and wow. it seems to be a lot of fun. im in =).

ive never wet my pants in the sight of metroid prime, but when i saw and read about metroid prime 3, i wet and shat my pants. it looks badass.

and then we had some games for the ds aswell. like starfox 2. im ALL IN =D
Whong
I will most defenitely get Wii, I will buy it, it looks so cool! Way cooler than Xbox 360 or PS3! Laughing

Super Mario Galaxy is a new hit, usually Mario has been adventuring in the good old Mushroom Kingdom! The video Clip of Super Mario Galaxy looked really cool! It's a must for me as a Mario and Nintendo fan! Wink

Wii, is great, the name excellent (after getting used to it! Laughing ) and the controler looks superb Exclamation

I would not substitute Wii for either PS3 or Xbox360! Wii is my favourite of those three! Wink
linkman2004
Dude, did anybody see the Smash Bros. Brawl trailer last night? I can't wait for this game to come out! I'm ready to duke it out with Snake, and Pit. Cool
Whong
linkman2004 wrote:
Dude, did anybody see the Smash Bros. Brawl trailer last night? I can't wait for this game to come out! I'm ready to duke it out with Snake, and Pit. Cool

I saw the trailer, it looked absolutely fantastic! It is really great and the graphics in my opinion are excellent! Mario looks even cooler than in Super Smash Bros Melee! And hey, there is the online gaming posibility, that is really cool! Laughing Laughing

Playing online is really cool and nice! Wink Idea
malouk
i am like all of yours ! i am pretty excited !
i saw some video the game will rocks Smile
playstation will do the same

nintendo rocks Smile

i think i will wait few time before to buy to look the game will be exit i hope to see a game of only swords Very Happy like a real samuraï héhé Smile

the other games to will be very exellent i think the wii will be in my home !!!

if you want to see video of E3 wii and other games go to :

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3videos.html?sort=recent&movietype=otherfeatures&page=1
Rsam
Smash Bros and Zelda has me sold to Wii. Wii is for mii!
SilverDogg
ssbb looks stunning. i mean, WOW!

when i first played ssbm i paused and looked at mario, and thought to myself "damn, his pants looks really detailed". and now when i look at ssbb, and look at mario, i once again think "damn, his pants looks really detailed". it looks stunning, and i cant wait 'til they announce more characters. i really hope megaman is one of them =))
Rsam
SilverDogg wrote:
ssbb looks stunning. i mean, WOW!

when i first played ssbm i paused and looked at mario, and thought to myself "damn, his pants looks really detailed". and now when i look at ssbb, and look at mario, i once again think "damn, his pants looks really detailed". it looks stunning, and i cant wait 'til they announce more characters. i really hope megaman is one of them =))

I'm hoping for Megaman, Sonic and anyone from Chono Trigger, that would be awesome using Chrono, Magus or Frog.
linkman2004
Dude, adding Sonic characters would totally kill Smash Bros. Confused I don't mind if they add snake since he looks like a bad axe. Razz But considering that Sonic wasn't on a Nintendo system until Sega and Nintendo started to not hate each other it would just kind of ruin. Besides, I just don't like Sonic anyways. Razz
Whong
linkman2004 wrote:
Dude, adding Sonic characters would totally kill Smash Bros. Confused I don't mind if they add snake since he looks like a bad axe. Razz But considering that Sonic wasn't on a Nintendo system until Sega and Nintendo started to not hate each other it would just kind of ruin. Besides, I just don't like Sonic anyways. Razz

I don't really care that much about that, but of course I'd like Nintendo to keep it only Nintendo characters! Wink
SilverDogg
well, to be honest, sonic is a safe bet actually. sega and nintendo seems to have a good relationship right now. someone from squenix will probably show up aswell. hum hum...
Monkeydog
I honestly hate having third parties in there...specially Snake, he just doesn't fit....If I had a third party character in there it'd be Tails or Megaman or Crono or Magus...

hmm...do hope Geno shows up now...

I also and somewhat split on it not useing the Wii's controller(but too lazy to explain)

Ohhh but being Metaknight will freaking own!!!!
linkman2004
You could screw all third party characers for all I care. The only person I'd really like to see get in there is Fawful from M&L. Razz
benwhite
I'm looking forward to ssb3 but snake does seem a bit strange. It's true that the original mgs was on nintendo, but I still tend to associate the series withe PS more than nintendo. Trailer was pretty funny though.
hodgenpodg
Wii looks like a really awesome system as long as nintendo and third parties can come out with some decent games and have a good online system (yay for nintendo using opera as their browser)...i do have one bad thing to say about it...who the hell came up with name Wii....honestly revolution was way better...if i get one ill be ripping of the Wii and writing something else in its place (possibly revolution)
Lord Kuat
Here's to hoping the Wii's relatively low price will give it a major leg up, or at least a secondary spot, to the competetion. I hate the fact that games will be made for MS's and Sony's consoles but not Nintendo's. I sorta wonder why, but whatever.

I'm just gonna get the Wii because it serves my Nintendo needs. I'm a PC gamer most of the time, but play mario, metroid, and zelda games from time to time as well. In any case, I certainly can't see myself dropping more than 300 on a console.
garionw
I think nintendo will come out on top this time.

they did alright with the 64 and went downhill with the Game Cube. but with all of the ideas they are putting in this it should really win. Not only that but its cheap price will also get more byers.

However, In the end it all comes down to the Games. Are the games going to be good? Are they going to be cheap? will you be able to get fighting ones?

If all of those statements are false then no-one will buy it.
Whong
garionw wrote:
I think nintendo will come out on top this time.

they did alright with the 64 and went downhill with the Game Cube. but with all of the ideas they are putting in this it should really win. Not only that but its cheap price will also get more byers.

However, In the end it all comes down to the Games. Are the games going to be good? Are they going to be cheap? will you be able to get fighting ones?

If all of those statements are false then no-one will buy it.

Well atleast Super Smash Bros Brawl is gonna come for Wii, and for ONLY WII! And it has such a good look, the graphics are awsome and you can play it online, so that atleast will be a great Fighting game, plus Mario is coming back with the all new Super Mario Galaxy which looks cool and has some new ideas and is played by the new controler! Laughing
Those too should atleast serve the needs of most Nintendo fans for a pretty long time! Laughing

And I have a strong feeling that they're gonna do something to be able connect Wii and DS as it was with GameCube and GBA! But NOTE that this is just my opinion and has no fact based proof, but knowing Nintendo I'm pretty sure that they have many aces up their sleeves! Wink Idea
izimngcubes15
I can not wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii! It's so cool, and I've always been a Smash Bros. fan, I own both of the Smash Bros. games. I am looking forward to project H.A.M.M.E.R. and Disaster: Day of Crisis too! If they are at launch, I'll probably get both of them first, too bad Smash Bros. is not at launch, but the wait is worth it.

Super Mario Galaxy is also fun! It looks for colorful and the graphics is upgraded for sure, Wii is so promising, and it's going to be cheap, I can not wait until it launches this fall!! Very Happy

Monkeydog wrote:
I honestly hate having third parties in there...specially Snake, he just doesn't fit....If I had a third party character in there it'd be Tails or Megaman or Crono or Magus...

hmm...do hope Geno shows up now...

I also and somewhat split on it not useing the Wii's controller(but too lazy to explain)

Ohhh but being Metaknight will freaking own!!!!

An answer to your post, third parties are a bit new, and I think it will make people dislike it for a while, then they'll get used to it. Smash Bros. Brawl should be more interesting to play with third party characters, you won't know what to expect. Metaknight seems really cool, but I think I'd like to be Pit! He looks awesome. Hmm...I saw on G4TV, they were doing a special on this game and said that Metaknight was a stupid character to put in the game...funny. Confused
SilverDogg
i wouldnt listen to g4tv about nintendogames as much as i would listen to sony Wink. they SUCK big time.
Monkeydog
A bit? They are new. Razz

I can't just get used to it how I'd want to...for why I hate them. It's just Super Smash Bros should stay Nintendo only, and that's never going to change in my head...but I'll just have to live with it...I don't have to be Snake. =/
linkman2004
I also hoped Smash Bros. would stay Nintendo only. Oh well, I won't let a few 3rd party characters ruin my fun with the game.
Monkeydog
SilverDogg wrote:
i wouldnt listen to g4tv about nintendogames as much as i would listen to sony Wink. they SUCK big time.

G4TV is horrible...but XPlay makes me laugh.
Allstar
Xplay is one of my favorites along with Digital playground I think. It's a great channel with some good Shows. Attack of the show is also a great
eday2010
I was wanting to get a PS 3 because it has some games unique to its console (Final Fantasy), but I like the retro downloading of the classic games on the Wii. However, I HATE the name Wii. I'll have to see what I end up getting. I'll probably get whatver isn't going for eleventy billion dollars.
thuganomics
I never like Nintendo consoles after i played Gameboy colour, it made me dizzy cause i played lame games when i was a kid.

Id rather buy PS3 even though it might cause 3x more just because of Killzone 2, you guys should google "Killzone 2 trailer".
jarcelao
Nintendo's controller is definitely a whooping innovation for the gaming industry! Kudos to Nintendo for designing this one hell of a good controller! Smile
thuganomics
They way you play the Nintendo Wii games is pretty Rolling Eyes ...
If a neighbour looks through the windows and sees you swinging a white stick around, it would be pretty embarrassing and they would think you have problems =) I was flipping through channels and saw these people doing weird stuff with the controller, you can see this in the E3 review or w.e !!
Rmgk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6RUKkWRK9gU&search=nintendo%20wii

I didnt know how much it is able to do, some of the games look amazing like the one with the sword, i cant believe that they are able to doo all this with the remote, ie use it as a golf club gun sword, i think we are looking at a new age in games here, i hope now i will be too old for it to seriously effect me...phew:P[/code]
SilverDogg
thuganomics wrote:
They way you play the Nintendo Wii games is pretty Rolling Eyes ...
If a neighbour looks through the windows and sees you swinging a white stick around, it would be pretty embarrassing and they would think you have problems =) I was flipping through channels and saw these people doing weird stuff with the controller, you can see this in the E3 review or w.e !!

didnt you see sonys pressconferance? when they showed off their controller they looked even more stupid Wink
Hanpusu-kun
Now let us make this thread [Official] moderators?

Anyway, IM gonan have a Wii in my living room at release day in Sweden.
Along with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles and probably Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

And a classic controller to ofc <3
TonkPilz
Hanpusu-kun wrote:

Along with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles and probably Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

same here donno about metroid tho i have always hade problems whit fps games for consoles coz of the controler i know you whont play it as useuall whit thes controls but i tink il try it before i make up my mind.
but zelda is a most in my house.

Btw Hanpusu-kun do you know of any release dates in Sweden for wii?
any rumours??
benwhite
Attack of the Show is interesting, and xplay is funny. But I don't get much opinion off them, I prefer something like gamespot. Besides, xplay gives every game a 3, because most games are average. Makes it pretty predictable. The only reason to watch is for the juvenile sarcasm dripping throughout.
SilverDogg
TonkPilz wrote:
any rumours??

well, the rumour says sometime after thanksgiving Wink. i would expect it to arrive sometime in november or beginning of december. just in time for xmas ^_^
Kelcey
I will not get a Wii until I see some REAL good 3rd party support from them. Zelda and Mario WILL NOT get me to buy this system. Even if there was Mario Xtreme Beach Volleyball which there probably is...
Klaker
I will be purchasing a Wii, given that it is as good as Nintendo is touting it to be. If control really is easy and intuitive I will remain a fanboy for years to come. PLus the new Super Smash brothers... i want that game so badly i'd be willing to buy the Wii just for it..
linkman2004
Hanpusu-kun wrote:

Same here, also. Except for the Swedan part. Razz You're leaving out one crucial game, though. Excite Truck! OH YEAH! Razz
Whong
I'm going to get one too, its a must have! And once Super Smash Bros Brawl comes along the way, I'll get it! Laughing

Wii is a must have! Idea Exclamation
TonkPilz
SilverDogg wrote:
TonkPilz wrote:
any rumours??

well, the rumour says sometime after thanksgiving Wink. i would expect it to arrive sometime in november or beginning of december. just in time for xmas ^_^

ahh Thx i guess i culd have figured that out. nintendo usely releases ther major stuff close to xmas....
evestor
I have always loved Nintendo, but they have a loooooong way to go to get me back as a customer. Kind of the heartbreak I felt when Sega ditched the SegaCD and the Dreamcast. I kept giving them chances and they kept making me regret it.

The PS3 looks bad ass but at 600 bucks I am thinking um...no.

Microsoft is pushing Sony into a corner. Let's see if they come out swinging.
Whong
evestor wrote:
I have always loved Nintendo, but they have a loooooong way to go to get me back as a customer. Kind of the heart break I felt when Sega ditched the SegaCD and the Dreamcast. I kept giving them chances and they kept making me regret it.

The PS3 looks bad *** but at 600 bucks I am thinking um...no.

Microsoft is pushing Sony into a corner. Let's see if they come out swinging.

That's right, i think so too, PS3 isn't going to make it far with that price tag!

Hope to see Sony fail at the game industry! Laughing Laughing Idea
kaitchu
i hope nintendo will succes Smile
headoncollision
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/28

Sorry, this makes me laugh everytime.
elekis
I thing that's console is totally in nintendo tough-> innovation.
like supernes, ds, and other. and in more, it's will cheap. (200$)

a++
Whong
Wii will be succesful, and will sell well!
Buy Wii, not PS3! Laughing
menwhatdorockbaby
I dont understand why people complain about the Wii and say it will not overtake the 360 or PS3. It's in a completely different league of its own. Its a completely innovative peice of kit and is trying to change the generic concept of console gaming. Its making it more interactive and fun, and now just more detailed and smooth or whatever else the PS3 and 360 have going for them
Whong
menwhatdorockbaby wrote:
I dont understand why people complain about the Wii and say it will not overtake the 360 or PS3. It's in a completely different league of its own. Its a completely innovative peice of kit and is trying to change the generic concept of console gaming. Its making it more interactive and fun, and now just more detailed and smooth or whatever else the PS3 and 360 have going for them

Thats right! I also wonder why the graphics make such a big thing, because Super Smash Bros Brawl has very very good graphics! GameCube already had excellent graphics and now Wii has way better than GameCube, so I really don't know how much better could thy get! Of course i admit that PS3 is a graphical power house, but hey, will people pay so much more to get a bit better graphics? I don't know, I wouldn't but thats just my opinion! Wink Idea
MrMaddog
From what I've seen of the new consoles at E3, I would most likely get a Nintendo Wii simply because of the price and the types of games they'll have.

TBH honest, I hope Red Steel becomes it's killer app much like RE4 was for the GameCube. It's not just using the remote as a gun or sword but the level of control you have to exhibit in order to proceed through the story is what really makes it interesting. (Just keep a sword at the thug's neck instead of killing hi, and he'll give you info and join your cause.)

The only major problem I forsee is with the 3rd party ports cause they'll be made with the high graphics of the PS3 and X360, not to mention the need for a "real" gamepad which is optional on the Wii. I would also get a Xbox 360 to fill that gap as soon as they start making machines that don't break down 'and' there's actually a really good selection of games that aren't just PS2 ports. (Come on GoW!) Wink
linkman2004
Don't think there's much of a problem with third parties. Most cross platform games available also for the Wii, are being built from the ground up to take advantage of the controller. Hooray for smart 3rd parties! Razz
izimngcubes15
MrMaddog wrote:
From what I've seen of the new consoles at E3, I would most likely get a Nintendo Wii simply because of the price and the types of games they'll have.

TBH honest, I hope Red Steel becomes it's killer app much like RE4 was for the GameCube. It's not just using the remote as a gun or sword but the level of control you have to exhibit in order to proceed through the story is what really makes it interesting. (Just keep a sword at the thug's neck instead of killing hi, and he'll give you info and join your cause.)

The only major problem I forsee is with the 3rd party ports cause they'll be made with the high graphics of the PS3 and X360, not to mention the need for a "real" gamepad which is optional on the Wii. I would also get a Xbox 360 to fill that gap as soon as they start making machines that don't break down 'and' there's actually a really good selection of games that aren't just PS2 ports. (Come on GoW!) Wink

Actually, third parties stated it is far easier to make games on Nintendo Wii and to develop the game, it is easier and cheaper than they have to make games on PS3 and Xbox 360, since it requires a lot of graphical power, HD, etc. It is also expensive to make those games, that's why most of Xbox360's games are now $59.99. So, third parties won't be a problem, as shown in E3 2006, it doesn't seem like there were any lack of third parties at all. I think the numbers will grow and more third party developers will join and make games for Wii, and maybe some old companys who used to make consoles themselves will put their classic game libraries as a third-party virtual console. Like Sega Genesis and TurboGrafX.
MrMaddog
izimngcubes15 wrote:

Actually, third parties stated it is far easier to make games on Nintendo Wii and to develop the game, it is easier and cheaper than they have to make games on PS3 and Xbox 360, since it requires a lot of graphical power, HD, etc. It is also expensive to make those games, that's why most of Xbox360's games are now $59.99. So, third parties won't be a problem, as shown in E3 2006, it doesn't seem like there were any lack of third parties at all. I think the numbers will grow and more third party developers will join and make games for Wii, and maybe some old companys who used to make consoles themselves will put their classic game libraries as a third-party virtual console. Like Sega Genesis and TurboGrafX.

Oh that's good. I was worried about how third party developers would react. Smile

Yeah, making Xbox and Playstation games are becoming too much like making big budget movies and that's reflected in the price (and gameplay).

I'm really hoping that the success of the Wii would turn the industry around for the better...
rightclickscott
MrMaddog wrote:
I'm really hoping that the success of the Wii would turn the industry around for the better...

You don't know how much, with that one quote, you have revived my love for gaming. Thank you so much, Maddog!
Mamsaac
it doesn't matter where you want to complain, the Wii really is built with a great balance.

The bad points? no HD and less graphics. I don't need them.
MrMaddog
rightclickscott wrote:
MrMaddog wrote:

You don't know how much, with that one quote, you have revived my love for gaming. Thank you so much, Maddog!

Hey, Nintendo did it before in the mid-80's Wink
jeffleo
Using the controller to control a sword is indeed innovative. I remember seeing somewhere in the arcade. I've been looking for a game like this for ages! I hope that game comes out quickly cause that ROCKS! And if that controller becomes a gun, it's pretty awkward no? It's rectangular lols.
Whong
Yeah the controler is really really cool!

And the normal that is coming with it is cool too and the nunchuk form is nice, really innovative! Wink

I think Nintendo will sell well! Wink Idea
Bourgondier
The new name really sucks! I like Revolution a lot more.
I don't think I'm gonna buy it.
SilverDogg
Bourgondier wrote:

what? youre not gonna buy it because of the name? remind me, when did it change and the name the important thing and not the games?
linkman2004
I hope you don't mean you won't buy it simply because of the game. If you ask me, people who make a purchasing decision based on the products name are insane. Hell, I would buy the Wii even if it was named dung. It all just boils down to the games as what matters.
Whong
Bourgondier wrote:

You really have to give me a better reason why you're not going to buy it than just that you don't like the name!

Man, do you know what was Wii's name before Revolution? It was N5, I didn't like it at all but it didn't change my opinions on the console!

Man, I didn't even like the name Wii at first, but then I slowly started getting used to it and now it is just fine!

Rather I'd have its name Wii than PS3, I just can't stand that Sony is just adding a new number to its new console first Play Station, then Play Station 2,
and now Play Station 3, I mean how low imagination is that! Laughing Idea

Microsoft was also a bit more innovative with the name and didn't name it as the Xbox 2, but named it Xbox 360 which is a better choise in my opinion! Wink Idea
elekis
stupid question but is there any word jke about wii cause in french , wii (sounded oui) equal yes .

so that's joke a lot

a++
Rebzie
i can't wait to play zelda with the wii controller u can use the nunchuck one like a slingshot in it. I wasn't too impressed with the gamecube though Sad mainly the choice of games. The Wii will either be popular or a gimic flop like the visual boy.
Kelcey
Rebzie wrote:
i can't wait to play zelda with the wii controller u can use the nunchuck one like a slingshot in it. I wasn't too impressed with the gamecube though Sad mainly the choice of games. The Wii will either be popular or a gimic flop like the visual boy.

Whiel the VIRTUAL boy was a flop, I thought it was pretty cool. Of course, I didnt' buy one cause I didn't want to lose my eyesight after playing for 2 hours.
Rebzie
Whiel the VIRTUAL boy was a flop, I thought it was pretty cool. Of course, I didnt' buy one cause I didn't want to lose my eyesight after playing for 2 hours.[/quote]

Yeah it was too ahead of it's times i mean vitual reality in bw low res.
linkman2004
I don't see the Wii as ending up like the Virtual Boy. This is for several reasons. One, the Virtual Boy could only display red while the Wii is, well, normal. Razz Two, the Virtual Boy had almost no third party support, and what it did have was lots of crud. And three, the Virtual Boy was basically supposed to be a filler console until the N64 came, the Wii is Nintendo's main and only console this generation. On polls, more people have said they'de buy a Wii then people bought virtual boys. Razz
b-n-g
I looking forward too zelda it seems cool to me but first need too buy the nintendo wii Very Happy
Whong
linkman2004 wrote:
I don't see the Wii as ending up like the Virtual Boy. This is for several reasons. One, the Virtual Boy could only display red while the Wii is, well, normal. Razz Two, the Virtual Boy had almost no third party support, and what it did have was lots of crud. And three, the Virtual Boy was basically supposed to be a filler console until the N64 came, the Wii is Nintendo's main and only console this generation. On polls, more people have said they'de buy a Wii then people bought virtual boys. Razz

Yeah, and people will be interested in trying something new! I guess that people are slowly getting tired to play just as it is now a days! People want to be more in the game! So they will most probably buy Nintendo Wii! Idea
edallica
i heard that today there was an announcement that nintendo were putting some extra graphics oomph into the wii. this will be an interstin lauch of a consol.
bluefossil
Dude, how come Nintendo Wii thread didn't get a sticky?
Whong
I wonder, how do you even make it into a sticky Question I atleast can't seam to make any of my threads sticky Confused

Ah well, this subject is one that is here to stay Laughing There are atleast three threads on Nintendo Wii so it really is a talked subject! And lets keep it at the top! Wink Idea
phinguyen
i wonder to myself how well will nintendo do for the wii, i mean the gamecube didnt do as well as xbox or ps2 but it stayed afloat with younger generations but when those generations got older they all wanned a damn xbox (sorry not an xbox fan)

the wii controller is a little gimmicky like when the powerglove first game out (i still have mine) and failed horribly, but then it was because it was a preferal and not the default controller fer the nintendo. hey, the touchscreen gimmick for the DS got me to love my DS, maybe the Wii's motion control wont do so bad.

and for all of you guys out there saying that sony stole the motion control from nintendo, check the fine print and get your facts strait, sony filed for rights to motion controled based consoles when the gamecube first came out, but you dont see sony fans saying that nintendo stole the idea from sony. motion control has been a dream of all console developers its just that nintendo was the first to release theirs to the public

and who cares who's what came when? does it mean that the nes was a better rip off of the atari? or comadore64? comm'on now guys.
garionw
phinguyen wrote:
i wonder to myself how well will nintendo do for the wii, i mean the gamecube didnt do as well as xbox or ps2 but it stayed afloat with younger generations but when those generations got older they all wanned a damn xbox (sorry not an xbox fan)

the wii controller is a little gimmicky like when the powerglove first game out (i still have mine) and failed horribly, but then it was because it was a preferal and not the default controller fer the nintendo. hey, the touchscreen gimmick for the DS got me to love my DS, maybe the Wii's motion control wont do so bad.

and for all of you guys out there saying that sony stole the motion control from nintendo, check the fine print and get your facts strait, sony filed for rights to motion controled based consoles when the gamecube first came out, but you dont see sony fans saying that nintendo stole the idea from sony. motion control has been a dream of all console developers its just that nintendo was the first to release theirs to the public

and who cares who's what came when? does it mean that the nes was a better rip off of the atari? or comadore64? comm'on now guys.

So then if thats the case - Nintendo turned that dream into a relality and so they should have every right to be angry. If I say im going to make a hardrive thats as big as a matchstick and after 4 years still nothing, does that mean I can be angry at someone else who comes out with it?
Kelcey
garionw wrote:
phinguyen wrote:

So then if thats the case - Nintendo turned that dream into a relality and so they should have every right to be angry. If I say im going to make a hardrive thats as big as a matchstick and after 4 years still nothing, does that mean I can be angry at someone else who comes out with it?

So you're going to also say any company that uses CDs or DVDs in their consoles rip off Sony since the PS1/PS2 were the first dominant systems to utilize DVDs and CDs? So for the sake of the "Sony rips off" talk, Nintendo uses the mini discs in the gamecube... while it's not exactly like a cd or dvd, its use is extremely simliar (hey, the ps3 controller isn't the wii controller, but sony ripped off nintendo)... so Nintendo is ripping off Sony because Sony was the first dominant console with that technology?
Whong
Kelcey wrote:
garionw wrote:
phinguyen wrote:

So you're going to also say any company that uses CDs or DVDs in their consoles rip off Sony since the PS1/PS2 were the first dominant systems to utilize DVDs and CDs? So for the sake of the "Sony rips off" talk, Nintendo uses the mini discs in the gamecube... while it's not exactly like a cd or dvd, its use is extremely simliar (hey, the ps3 controller isn't the wii controller, but sony ripped off nintendo)... so Nintendo is ripping off Sony because Sony was the first dominant console with that technology?

Well thats right, but Nintendo didn't steal it right away! PS1 came with the CD games, Nintendo 64 came with the casset games. Now Xbox has the DVD technology alsol so then we'd have to state that both have ripped of Sony.

But the thing is this, Sony ripped the thing of immediately, Nintendo atleast waited for sometime. Sony didn't wait to see how it even sells!
Kelcey
Whong wrote:
Kelcey wrote:
garionw wrote:
phinguyen wrote:

Well thats right, but Nintendo didn't steal it right away! PS1 came with the CD games, Nintendo 64 came with the casset games. Now Xbox has the DVD technology alsol so then we'd have to state that both have ripped of Sony.

But the thing is this, Sony ripped the thing of immediately, Nintendo atleast waited for sometime. Sony didn't wait to see how it even sells!

Haha, I wasn't saying Nintendo was ripping anyone off. Just using the same logic people are using saying when they say Sony ripped off Nintendo. As far as the N64 goes, they were stubborn about using CDs which resulted in Sony becoming number 1 for the ps1 and ps2 eras. As far as the Xbox goes, under the crazy stupid logic, yeah, they're ripping off Sony. But if we're talking about standard logic where it doesn't matter when someone rips someone off, then Sony ripped off whoever introduced CDs to gaming on the PC. This is the gaming industry, everyone rips off things from everyone else.

As far as the controller goes... it really isn't anything new. People have tried it and watched it fail. The PS3's controller is no where near as free moving as the Wii controller. We've seen somehint EXACTLY like what the PS3 controller will be, but not the Wii controller. I'd certainly suggest that Nintendo's approach had to do something with the PS3's tilt ability, but it's by far not as unique as the Wii controller.
Hanpusu-kun
SilverDogg wrote:
TonkPilz wrote:
any rumours??

Damn you SD, stealing questions that belongs to me ;<

but wtf,.

What game are you gonna download first to the Virtual Console people?

<3 Sin & Punishment
poromenos
i think wii will win in the battle of next-generation because:
1)it will be really cheap(250$)
2)the controler is really cool
3)new zelda,new metroid
4)good on-line services

wii is the winner Laughing Laughing
Whong
poromenos wrote:
i think wii will win in the battle of next-generation because:
1)it will be really cheap(250$)
2)the controler is really cool
3)new zelda,new metroid
4)good on-line services

wii is the winner Laughing Laughing

Yes! And to add to your
3) new Super Mario, new Super Smash Bros and new Pokémon!
4) I do hope it really will be good!

Go Wii, Go Nintendo! Wink Idea
phinguyen
just really quickly, those of you that are saying sony ripped off nintendo's wii controller need to do your research and maybe if you did you'd find that sony already filed patended motioncontrolled ineteractivity before the mention of the gamecube, it seems that they just wanted to release it at the same time as someone else to have competition the only thing is that sony didnt try and hype it all up like nintendo is doing.

by all means i'm not trying to bash either company because i own and love both my psp and my ds lite, but i'm just trying to get all the people who are sony bashing or nintendo bashing to understand some facts and stop judging as a fan of either side and look at the facts.

bottom line no one stole anything or ripped anything off from anyone, just accept that and stop accusing when the facts are right in front of you.
linkman2004
I just think it's a freaky coincidence that Sony decided to show it off AFTER Nintendo showed off their's. I still don't quite believe Sony when they say they've been planning it awhile. But I digress.

Okay, which Virtual Console games will I get first? Well, most likely:

1. Super Mario World
2. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
3. Tetris Attack
4. Final Fantasy VI(if they get it)

That's about it. The only reason that I didn't say OOT, is that, I already have the collectors edition for Cube.
Schmarvin
Dude, some of those games look awesome. Especially the ones with the swords and guns. Dude, if you slice, you character slices. And if you shoot, your character shoots. They need to make a resident evil game for the Wii.
linkman2004
Schmarvin wrote:
Dude, some of those games look awesome. Especially the ones with the swords and guns. Dude, if you slice, you character slices. And if you shoot, your character shoots. They need to make a resident evil game for the Wii.

It's too late, they already are. Capcom announced shortly after E3 that a Resident Evil game for Wii is in development. That's basically all they said, too. Razz
Whong
linkman2004 wrote:
I just think it's a freaky coincidence that Sony decided to show it off AFTER Nintendo showed off their's. I still don't quite believe Sony when they say they've been planning it awhile. But I digress.

Okay, which Virtual Console games will I get first? Well, most likely:

1. Super Mario World
2. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
3. Tetris Attack
4. Final Fantasy VI(if they get it)

That's about it. The only reason that I didn't say OOT, is that, I already have the collectors edition for Cube.

I think I'm going to get Super Mario Bros 1,3 and for N64 Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Stadium and maeby Mario 64 though I already have it on my N64 and DS Laughing Laughing Wink Idea
edallica
has anyone seen the videos of the new mario on the wii? it looks totally amazing. graphics look as if its 1993 all over again but it looks like a game you could get addicted to!!!!!!!
Whong
edallica wrote:
has anyone seen the videos of the new mario on the wii? it looks totally amazing. graphics look as if its 1993 all over again but it looks like a game you could get addicted to!!!!!!!

It looks really cool and the way of controling Mario is something really new!

Looks cool! Wink Idea
Nintendo
I havnt read all of this topic, so im not sure if these have been posted, but these are some great video's that really convey the Wii's Power of ownage Cool
Super Smash Brothers Brawl - SSBB
SSBB VIDEO
Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess
ZELDA TWILIGHT PRINCESS VIDEO
Wii Advertisement - This demonstrates their best work yet
WII VIDEO OF DOOM

Im not sure if you need a myspace profile to be able to watch these vids, sorry if that is the case. In SSBB, I cant wait to try out Snake and Pit Very Happy
gothicgeek
Im totally getting one, it looks to rock quite a bit of the house on down. I'm getting Twilight Princess if the Wii one is better, Red Steel, probably Wii Sports if it doesn't come with it, SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL!!!, Metroid Prime 3, and bunch of others, depending on if I have a job at that point.
gothicgeek
Nintendo wrote:
I havnt read all of this topic, so im not sure if these have been posted, but these are some great video's that really convey the Wii's Power of ownage Cool
Super Smash Brothers Brawl - SSBB
SSBB VIDEO
Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess
ZELDA TWILIGHT PRINCESS VIDEO
Wii Advertisement - This demonstrates their best work yet
WII VIDEO OF DOOM

Im not sure if you need a myspace profile to be able to watch these vids, sorry if that is the case. In SSBB, I cant wait to try out Snake and Pit Very Happy

Host them on either Google Video or youTube, MySpace videos load very slow sometimes.
Whong
gothicgeek wrote:
I'm getting Twilight Princess if the Wii one is better,

I'm pretty convinced that the Wii one is way better! Better graphics I'd think and the game play atleast is way better! Wink Idea
Nintendo
gothicgeek wrote:
Host them on either Google Video or youTube, MySpace videos load very slow sometimes.

These are the fastest versions i could find, for me anyway. Were they slow for you? Because they run as smooth as water for me, even if they do take a while to load Smile
Pitiousss
Bonjour,

J'ai essayé Nintendo Wii et c'est génial !

La Nintendo est assez rapide et les jeuc proposés sont pas mal !

@+
Pitiousss
Sir Raphael
The name 'revolution' was far better, the Wii just sounds a little stupid. But the system itself is sound- Nintendo comes up with far more innovative ideas than sony.
Whong
Sir Raphael wrote:
Nintendo comes up with far more innovative ideas than sony.

That's true! Same is happening to Sony with their PS3 as their PSP. Many people own a PSP, but don't really play it much. People who own a DS play it much much more. Same will surely happen with PS3 and Wii. And many won't even dare to by PS3, because it is so expensive. Wii is way cheaper and better in the innovation side of it, where as PS3 has a better hardware capasity! Idea
Kelcey
Whong wrote:
Sir Raphael wrote:

That's true! Same is happening to Sony with their PS3 as their PSP. Many people own a PSP, but don't really play it much. People who own a DS play it much much more. Idea

What? Who has a PS3 and doesn't play it? I'd gladly take it from them.
Fire Boar
photon wrote:
everything apart, the only reason ill get the wii is the price factor.. i know that substituting the 360 or the ps3 with the wii would be stupid, but got no other choice.

Perhaps the promise of a low price is a godsend in your case. Substituting the PS3 or the XBox 360 for a Wii is probably the best gaming decision one can make; certainly not a stupid thing. Call me a Nintendo fanboy if you like, but the reactions at E3 are proof enough that the Wii will be the ultimate next-gen console. On the last day, it is reported that the queues for the PS3 had completely disappeared, wheras for the Wii there were still several hundred people wanting a last-minute go before the release date.

Photo-realistic graphics are all very well, but people want something new and daring. The Wii's motion sensitivity sums that up perfectly; truly engaging the gamers (watch a trailer for Red Steel for proof).

Reggie Fils-Aime, at Nintendo's press conference at E3, stated, not wrote:
First of all, I would like to thank all those of you who wrote good things about the name "Wii" when it was first announced.

*murmur among the audience*

Both of you.

*audience laughs*

He then goes to talk about the name Wii being like "Google" or "iPod": original. I am indifferent about the name "Wii" myself, although I think that releasing the name just before E3 was a good move to provoke controversy: now everyone knows about the Wii, wheras the "Revolution" was to most people "just Nintendo's answer to the XBox 360 and the PS3, nothing special."

Hey, I've rambled on far too much now.
Kelcey
Fire Boar wrote:

Call me a Nintendo fanboy if you like, but the reactions at E3 are proof enough that the Wii will be the ultimate next-gen console.

So seeing as how 99 percent of gamers have not played all 3 systems, all 3 systems have not been released, and with under 50 titles announced for the Wii and PS3, you've already come to the conclusion that the Wii is the ultimate next gen console? I envy your ability.

So just cause it got a great reception at E3, it's declared the ultimate next gen system. E3 is a friggin' game show and it was months prior to the releases of the PS3 and Wii.

What if the 360 or PS3 get the best reception at TGS? What if Nintendo "only" has Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros, Wii Sports and its own Resident Evil game to show at TGS? What if Sony shows off a *quality* Tekken 6, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Assassin's Creed? What about Microsoft with Halo 3, Bioshock, and Gears of War?

See a pattern? The 3rd party support hasn't changed much at all from the last gen. But seeing as how everything is in stone since E3 (by your logic), do you want me to just go ahead and confirm Wii gets no REAL third party support from the likes of Konami and Square? Seeing as how these systems essentially had all the previous versions of these games on their last gen systems, I could go ahead and claim Nintendo is in for hell again. But they aren't.

The fact is that that would be a flat out stupid assumption. It's very likely the Wii will get great titles from Konami and Square. My point? We don't know jack yet. So don't go claiming console superiority until we're at least 2 years into the war.
Fire Boar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGlvLQzvJNA

Now that's a queue.

http://sickr.wordpress.com/2006/05/12/sony-disowns-mainstream/
http://sickr.wordpress.com/2006/05/11/microsoft-sides-with-nintendo/

A couple of nice little news articles for your reading enjoyment.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/08/technology/ps3_pricing/index.htm

Hmm... I wonder where they got that tilt-functionality idea from?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=16847

One last news article: third-party developers are getting fed up of having to constantly rehash textures over and over; and if this is the next generation, gaming will die.
Whong
Kelcey wrote:
Whong wrote:
Sir Raphael wrote:

That's true! Same is happening to Sony with their PS3 as their PSP. Many people own a PSP, but don't really play it much. People who own a DS play it much much more. Idea

Just wait and see, it will soon happen! Who in the begining thought that they would not play their PSP? No one. Idea
sr.job
The controller of nintendo looks nice, but who wants to stand in his room swinging whit an controller? You becone tierd in 10 minuts. It should be fun for kids, but the most gamers are between 20 and 40 years old.

The ps3 controller has also an sensor in it, but they used in an other way. You can use it for flying or looking around but for that you have to move your controller almost nothing.

The xbox doesn't have an sensor, that is not so catastrophic for them. i think you can even play games wll whitout. But this doesn't meen i am gona buy an 360, i am gona buy an ps3!
Fire Boar
sr.job wrote:
The controller of nintendo looks nice, but who wants to stand in his room swinging whit an controller? You becone tierd in 10 minuts. It should be fun for kids, but the most gamers are between 20 and 40 years old.

The ps3 controller has also an sensor in it, but they used in an other way. You can use it for flying or looking around but for that you have to move your controller almost nothing.

The xbox doesn't have an sensor, that is not so catastrophic for them. i think you can even play games wll whitout. But this doesn't meen i am gona buy an 360, i am gona buy an ps3!

I knew someone would bring up this argument, but don't you see? The motion-sensitivity thing in the PS3 is a gimmick, a lame imitation of the Wiimote. It was announced at the last minute which implies that Sony had only recently incorporated it into the controller; wheras Nintendo had announced it several months ago. Sony could (and did) easily copy it.

And have you seen the demos of games like Red Steel? Subtle movements - not wild swings - affect on-screen things. If that tires you out, you need to get outside more and get slightly fitter.

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves is probably going to be the most tiring thing on the Wii for a long time. You really have to play a Wario Ware game to apreciate its awesomeness, but believe me: though you will undoubtedly look stupid playing WW:SM, the exhilleration factor will amount to epic levels. Don't contradict me on this unless you've played Wario Ware before.

sony fanboys...
Kelcey
Whong wrote:
Kelcey wrote:
Whong wrote:
Sir Raphael wrote:

Just wait and see, it will soon happen! Who in the begining thought that they would not play their PSP? No one. Idea

I didn't realize a PSP = PS3. How the heck do you make such a weak connection? If anything, you'd make a connection between a PS2 and a PS3 considering they're both home consoles and not portables. So just cause the PSP is a pile of crap and a completely different product from the PS3, you have come to this great enlightenment with your godly powers? Congrats.

Let's just have fun and make more connections. Nintendo made the cube, it wasn't "1st" this generation, so the Wii won't be first. OMG, it's already decided. NO MATTER what Nintendo does, they will never get first. Sucks to have made something that wasn't 1st... cause yeah, it means you're never gonna be first. Oh, since the PS2 can claim the 1st place prize this last generation, the PS3 is automatically gonna win this next war. Heck, I'm down right giddy. Let's continue. I bought all 3 systems this generation. I thought I'd play my cube a lot... hate it. I sold off both my xbox and cube and still have a ps2 and am currently playing shadow hearts 3. So clearly because I bought a cube thinking I'd be playing games on it and now I'm not, you're telling me I shouldn't buy a Wii because these systems are all completely linked to one another.***

****Note: I'm not serious about the above paragraph.

sr.job wrote:

Wait, what? Who said you have to swing the controller? You can do anything with a wii controller that you can with a ps3 controller... meaning you don't have to swing wildly for 30 minutes for *every* game as it seems you have assumed.

Fire Boar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGlvLQzvJNA

Now that's a queue.

http://sickr.wordpress.com/2006/05/12/sony-disowns-mainstream/
http://sickr.wordpress.com/2006/05/11/microsoft-sides-with-nintendo/

A couple of nice little news articles for your reading enjoyment.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/08/technology/ps3_pricing/index.htm

Hmm... I wonder where they got that tilt-functionality idea from?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=16847

One last news article: third-party developers are getting fed up of having to constantly rehash textures over and over; and if this is the next generation, gaming will die.

Did I say the Wii was gonna bomb? Did I say the PS3 or 360 would dominate? Did I say Wii got horrible press at E3? Did I say Sony's conference *wasn't* boring as hell? Address my post at least. All I did was respond to your logic:

Wii looks good at e3 -> Wii wins.

I see you posted the "Peter Moore sucks up to Nintendo" article. So I have a question for you. Why buy a 6 megapixel digital camera when you can get a 1 megapixel camera and a 3 megapixel camera for less? Please don't respond with, "because it's better." Each system has its own benefits and if you want mgs 4 or ffxiii over anything a wii60 has, you're buying a ps3. If you want Nintendo franchises, you're buying a Wii. If you want Halo 3, you're buying a 360. This subject doesn't deserve a program in college. It's as simple as that. The fact is he is sucking up to Nintendo fans so they'll buy his system too. His logic is about as terrible as that e3 logic above. Since when do Nintendo fanboys agree with Peter Moore? He's the same idiot who claims that a more powerful system is the way to go. Furthermore, you're going to listen to a guy who headed the Dreamcast which was EASILY trumped by... gasp... Sony? The only way Peter Moore can sound intelligent is if he's right beside Ken Kuturagi, probably the only person more out of his mind than Moore.

The fact is the Wii sounds great and could very well win the next generation. I'm glad it's coming because I find myself getting tired of gaming right now as well.
Fire Boar
Woah woah... calm down there. I was merely posting evidence for why the Wii is likely to win. And I never put that the Wii will definitely come out tops because of the E3 reaction; I just pointed out that the reaction at E3 was extremely positive, and because of that reporters are likely to write good things about the Wii, meaning that more people will buy the Wii, because most of the public buy what they're told to buy. I admit that it's a little extreme to say it's proof, but you shouldn't flame me for it.

Regardless, all the evidence does seem to point to Wii-superiority, although as you said, there's no telling what might happen.
Kelcey
Fire Boar wrote:
Woah woah... calm down there. I was merely posting evidence for why the Wii is likely to win. And I never put that the Wii will definitely come out tops because of the E3 reaction; I just pointed out that the reaction at E3 was extremely positive, and because of that reporters are likely to write good things about the Wii, meaning that more people will buy the Wii, because most of the public buy what they're told to buy. I admit that it's a little extreme to say it's proof, but you shouldn't flame me for it.

Regardless, all the evidence does seem to point to Wii-superiority, although as you said, there's no telling what might happen.

Yeah, sorry, went crazy. Anyways, I'm sure there's no doubt that the Wii will sell great as it has been received well thus far as opposed to the PS3. Whether it'll be king or not is completely unknown.
Fire Boar
Kelcey wrote:
Fire Boar wrote:

Yeah, sorry, went crazy. Anyways, I'm sure there's no doubt that the Wii will sell great as it has been received well thus far as opposed to the PS3. Whether it'll be king or not is completely unknown.

Apology accepted. Cool Fingers crossed though, eh? I'd really like to see some great games on the Wii as I am almost certainly getting it.
KakkoiiTGN
I'm definitly getting one, but I'm still a little doubtful about the name. Some great games coming on it, though, and I can't wait to try it out. I'm sure everyone is going to be say "This is rubbish, I can't control it at all!" but then you'll get used to it. Remember Super Mario 64 on the N64? Anolog control felt dodgy at first, but then it became the norm. The same could very well happen; just look at the PS3!
Yantaal
perhaps this not the key thing, but i am so exited about playing Goldeneye with the nun chuck controller. it will be perfect i cant wait.

also i cant wait to see it blow the PS3 out of the water.
Whong
[quote=" I'm sure everyone is going to be say "This is rubbish, I can't control it at all!" but then you'll get used to it. Remember Super Mario 64 on the N64? Anolog control felt dodgy at first, but then it became the norm. The same could very well happen; just look at the PS3![/quote]

It might be so, but I think that people will very very fast get used to the new technology and way of controling.

When is Wii coming to Europe? Is it for this Christmas or for next? Question
Fire Boar
Umm... that last post doesn't make all that much sense... you seemed to disagree with the last poster, but then say the exact thing he said...

I don't think that the control will be too hard to use; if it was then Nintendo would have completely failed their goals! It's supposed to be something that is so easy to use that anyone, even someone who would normally never touch a game with a 50ft barge-pole, would be able to just pick it up and play. And what could be more natural than controlling it with everyday gestures?
Kelcey
Fire Boar wrote:
Kelcey wrote:
Fire Boar wrote:

Apology accepted. Cool Fingers crossed though, eh? I'd really like to see some great games on the Wii as I am almost certainly getting it.

In a perfect world, I wish the Wii would have the graphical power of the ps3 and the innovation of the Wii.. Squaresoft would be completely exclusive to Wii. Unfortunately, the world isn't perfect. So I'd like to see the Wii and PS3 both succeed. I don't have anything against a 360 really, I have one... but I just hate Microsoft. In other words, to me, the 360 doesn't offer anything over a combination of ps3/wii as opposed to Peter Moore's suggestion of a 360/wii. It is the general thought amongst developers that the ps3 has more peak power than the 360 (which only certain developers can take advantage of... (looking at final fantasy xiii as opposed to... warhawk?)) While I'm not a fan of blu ray, it DOES take care of my next gen movie playing.

Nonetheless, I do have a 360 because I like Team Ninja... that's about it. Same holds with the PS3. I wouldn't get one if FFXIII and FFVXIII and probably the future mainstream final fantasies weren't showing up on it. As with Nintendo, I like a decent chunk of their first party games.

I just had to pull this out from page 3 for fun...

Whong wrote:
Bourgondier wrote:

You really have to give me a better reason why you're not going to buy it than just that you don't like the name!

Man, do you know what was Wii's name before Revolution? It was N5, I didn't like it at all but it didn't change my opinions on the console!

Man, I didn't even like the name Wii at first, but then I slowly started getting used to it and now it is just fine!

Rather I'd have its name Wii than PS3, I just can't stand that Sony is just adding a new number to its new console first Play Station, then Play Station 2,
and now Play Station 3, I mean how low imagination is that! Laughing Idea

Microsoft was also a bit more innovative with the name and didn't name it as the Xbox 2, but named it Xbox 360 which is a better choise in my opinion! Wink Idea

In all fun and joy... Nintendo had no imagination with Mario Bros 1, 2... gasp... 3!? It gets better. Let's go to the heavens with this. Mario Party 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. Man, Nintendo has no imagination Razz. Of course they do. I'm just playing with you. But just watch out next time when you bash someone else that you're not bashing Nintendo too, haha.

Microsoft wasn't innovative. They just had to do something different from what Sony was doing. Xbox 360 is about as innovative as Xbox 2000.
Whong
Kelcey wrote:

In all fun and joy... Nintendo had no imagination with Mario Bros 1, 2... gasp... 3!? It gets better. Let's go to the heavens with this. Mario Party 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. Man, Nintendo has no imagination Razz. Of course they do. I'm just playing with you. But just watch out next time when you bash someone else that you're not bashing Nintendo too, haha.

Microsoft wasn't innovative. They just had to do something different from what Sony was doing. Xbox 360 is about as innovative as Xbox 2000.

Well you are right about that, but how else would people know the what game it is. If Mario Party would have an other name, so people would not recognize it.

Wink Idea
Kelcey
Whong wrote:
Kelcey wrote:

Well you are right about that, but how else would people know the what game it is. If Mario Party would have an other name, so people would not recognize it.

Wink Idea

Haha, well I may ask the next question. Why not name Mario Party 2, Mario Party 360? haha
celestial_demon
The Wii may be a good looking console, but I think the name is rather rediculous, for example: a little child is walking through the shops with his parents and suddenly "mummy, mummy I want a Wii!" "Wait until you get home son." Rather stupid don't you think?
Whong
celestial_demon wrote:
The Wii may be a good looking console, but I think the name is rather rediculous, for example: a little child is walking through the shops with his parents and suddenly "mummy, mummy I want a Wii!" "Wait until you get home son." Rather stupid don't you think?

Well yeah, your right about that, but a word like revolution can mean something horrible in an other language. Nobody can please everybody!

But in my opinion the name has been argued a bit too much, because 1. Nintendo isn't going to change it most certanly! 2. Revolution was a code name that they didn't intend to use for the actual release. 3. The original code name was N5 and luckily it didn't become the real name. I don't like a name like that! Wink Idea I do admit that I like Revolution way better than Wii, but we can help it, the world is changing and people have new ideas for names! Idea
Fire Boar
Yes, the name has been discussed far too much. In most languages, Wii is absolutely fine, no more offensive than iPod or Google. In Japan, I think that the name "Wii" will go down extremely well.
A Daily Cup Of Chai
Well, being from a Nintendo gamer family and a Zelda addict, I'd probably wind up with a Wii for the sole purpose of owning Twilight Princess. I'm very glad to see that they made a return to a more OoT-esque style for the game. And Link as a wolf... that's just plain cool.

And then there's Brawl...
that's just going to be good. third-party characters or no.
linkman2004
A Daily Cup Of Chai wrote:

Unless they put Sonic in there. If Sonic is put in Smash Bros. Brawl I will definitely NOT get the game! Let's face it, Sonic just isn't the type of character you can put in Smash Bros. I mean, Snake make's sense since he looks like the type of guy who could kick some serious bass. Razz
A Daily Cup Of Chai
linkman2004 wrote:

Unless they put Sonic in there. If Sonic is put in Smash Bros. Brawl I will definitely NOT get the game! Let's face it, Sonic just isn't the type of character you can put in Smash Bros. I mean, Snake make's sense since he looks like the type of guy who could kick some serious bass. Razz

I'd still buy the game, just because there are other characters, but I really hope Sonic's not on there. It's like Jigglypuff. Who honestly plays as Jigglypuff for any reason other than to complete the game? Sonic's just... so... blue...
I've never been able to take him seriously.

But then again, I almost always play as Zelda and switch to Sheik on Melee.
Whong
linkman2004 wrote:

I'd still buy the game, just because there are other characters, but I really hope Sonic's not on there. It's like Jigglypuff. Who honestly plays as Jigglypuff for any reason other than to complete the game? Sonic's just... so... blue...

linkman2004, what are you thinking of Question Are you saying that you're gonna miss a great game just because Sonic would be there. I don't think you're making a wise choice. I don't care though Snake is in the game though I personally don't like him. I'm looking forward for Sonic!

Please linkman2004, think again before making such a rash choice! Idea
Hanpusu-kun
I dont think it would be any problem if Sonic would be a guestcharacter.
I would totally dig it. (Maybe thats because my first game was Sonic for the Megadrive but wtf)
SilverDogg
uhm... snake makes sense? are you on crack or something?

sonic would make sense. snake does NOT make sense, AT ALL!
he is a fscking sneaking guy. "ah ma gad, there comes snake sneaking at us. im so scared". fsck that!
linkman2004
Actually, Snake DOES make sense. Apparently Masahiro Sakurai and Hideo Kojima are best buds. In fact, Kojima asked Sakurai if Snake could be in Melee but the game was already to far into development. So when they started work on Brawl Kojima phoned up Sakurai and begged for Snake to be in there. So, Snake makes ALOT more sense then Sonic. Sonic would just completely ruin things.
Rsam
linkman2004 wrote:

Hmm, I guess you don't the game too well, because Jigglypuff is pretty good if someone knows how to use him. Sonic makes complete sense due to Mario and Sonic being bitter rivals during the 90's in the SNES and Genesis.
Whong
I think Sonic is a good choise cause the more characters the more fun! Of course I don't mean that they should put all Crash Bandicoots and Jack & Darksters in it but some of the good old time characters.

I hope there would be a wide varaity of characters that would really have different moves, not like C Falcon and Ganondorf or Mario and Dr. Mario. That is irritating! Exclamation
garionw
I have mixed feelings about Super smash Bros.

on one hand I think its a game game and idea but there seems to be an invisible line in which characters you include. First Party (Mario, Peach, Yoshi) are fine along with second party (Picachu, Link, Zelda).

I also think that nintendo should buy the game name and make it similar to mario party, that is; No second party and only first party (With people like birdo, toad) I believe that that would make the game more enjoyable
Fire Boar
garionw wrote:

on one hand I think its a game game and idea but there seems to be an invisible line in which characters you include. First Party (Mario, Peach, Yoshi) are fine along with second party (Picachu, Link, Zelda).

I also think that nintendo should buy the game name and make it similar to mario party, that is; No second party and only first party (With people like birdo, toad) I believe that that would make the game more enjoyable

You reckon that SSBB would be more fun if it didn't include people like Kirby, Solid Snake and (God forbid) Link? Just because they're not created by Nintendo? Having games with the whole Mario cast works alright (Mario Kart and Mario Party up until about MP4), but Super Smash Bros. has always been all about having a huge variety of Nintendo characters. Replacing that with a game only including Mario and co. would be the worst mistake anyone could ever make in designing a game; including releasing that terrible Universal Studios.
Whong
Fire Boar wrote:
garionw wrote:

You reckon that SSBB would be more fun if it didn't include people like Kirby, Solid Snake and (God forbid) Link? Just because they're not created by Nintendo? Having games with the whole Mario cast works alright (Mario Kart and Mario Party up until about MP4), but Super Smash Bros. has always been all about having a huge variety of Nintendo characters. Replacing that with a game only including Mario and co. would be the worst mistake anyone could ever make in designing a game; including releasing that terrible Universal Studios.

I do agree with you Fire Boar! A game like Super Smash Bros need 2nd party and mabey even 3rd party characters! Just think if it would consist only of Mario and co! The name would have to be chanced to Super Mario Smash Bros, and that would really drop the games value to rock bottom. My friend play with characters like Sheik, C. Falcon, Fox, Kirby etc. I play with Mario, but if all 2nd party characters would be taken out it would really agrovate people, because many love to play with 2nd party characters! Wink Idea

And I really hope that Nintendo will stick to it to include 2nd and even 3rd party characters if necessary.
m_furquan36
I just like saw the controllers onlne demo they really do look very cool....and innovative i must add Very Happy the new type of gameplay it offers will give it an edge over the ps3 perhaps but then again i think the wii may appeal to certain people more than the ps3 would and vice versa..but if you want something new and innovative then its the wii Smile
Bourgondier
this new name really sucks!
pmengland
There is no doubt. The Wii will rule the world. It is not only the best console for value for money, but the games and how innovitave it is is unbelieabble.
Can't wait to play some game, especcialy Red Steel and Wii Sports, but really, all the games look good. Now just waiting for a price and release date Smile
SilverDogg
linkman2004 wrote:
Actually, Snake DOES make sense. Apparently Masahiro Sakurai and Hideo Kojima are best buds. In fact, Kojima asked Sakurai if Snake could be in Melee but the game was already to far into development. So when they started work on Brawl Kojima phoned up Sakurai and begged for Snake to be in there. So, Snake makes ALOT more sense then Sonic. Sonic would just completely ruin things.

so.. you mean he would make sense based ONLY on their friendship? thats bullshit! sonic would ruin things? what are you, on crack? sonic is a perfect character for ssbb. with his speed he could have some really neat attacks.

wth does snake do? he sneaks around and.. makes ppl sleep. HOLY ****** CRAP!

no, snake makes no sense.

edit: and here is some undeniable proof that he wont fit!!!

http://www.godmodeonline.com/d/20060512.html
Whong
SilverDogg wrote:
linkman2004 wrote:

so.. you mean he would make sense based ONLY on their friendship? thats bullshit! sonic would ruin things? what are you, on crack? sonic is a perfect character for ssbb. with his speed he could have some really neat attacks.

wth does snake do? he sneaks around and.. makes ppl sleep. HOLY **** CRAP!

no, snake makes no sense.

edit: and here is some undeniable proof that he wont fit!!!

http://www.godmodeonline.com/d/20060512.html

I do agree with SilverDogg that Sonic would fit better, but who cares. Snake is in the game and we can't change it, all we can do is hope that they would add new cool guys like Sonic!

Super Smash Bros Brawl is now more than just Nintendo, with Snake and (possibly) Sonic!
SilverDogg
hopefully and probably there are more "guests" than just snake. and if sonic were one of them i wouldnt be suprised. and as stated before, megaman would be an excellent character aswell =D
Whong
SilverDogg wrote:
hopefully and probably there are more "guests" than just snake. and if sonic were one of them i wouldnt be suprised. and as stated before, megaman would be an excellent character aswell =D

Yeah! Megaman would fit pretty well in too! Well we'll see in time what Nintendo puts into it! Wink Idea
solmol
Is there any link to see tha actual console and the controllers?. Now that I think of it... I've never seen it.
linkman2004
solmol - I can't believe you've never seen the console or controller. Well, below are links to a few pictures that I've gathered up that show off the console and controller.

The Controller:
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

The Console
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
QrafTee
There are many other 3rd party characters who can fit into SSBB, mostly from Capcom though, but not just limited to them (but must qualify to be in the roster [been on a Nintendo console in the past and no anime/manga characters]):

Megaman series
Megaman
Protoman
Bass

X series
X
Zero
Axl

RE series
Leon

Bomberman series
Bomberman

Final Fantasy series
Hero with no name
Heroine with no name
Clavat
Lilties
Yukes
Selkies
Moogle

There's probably more, but I haven't thought that far ahead yet.
Whong wrote:
SilverDogg wrote:

Yeah! Megaman would fit pretty well in too! Well we'll see in time what Nintendo puts into it! Wink Idea
Whong
Why in the world there is no sticky for Wii, there is for PS3 and Xbox 360, but not for Wii.

Someone, please make the official Wii a sticky! Idea
QrafTee
Some people are just hating on the Wii... or else they honestly haven't seen this which I doubt. It's okay, "Wii" understand. Razz
Whong wrote:
Why in the world there is no sticky for Wii, there is for PS3 and Xbox 360, but not for Wii.
Someone, please make the official Wii a sticky! Idea

The game that has me excited about the most is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Having Snake is just a bonus and the real news is that it will be GCN controller compatible which will make this game even more fun. This might be the sole reason for me to buy a Wii... that and the PS3 is way too expensive. And by that I mean WAY too expensive. I cannot believe the president of Sony (Japan) said something like, "If you really think about it, it's not really that expensive." Easy for a rich man to say, I'd say. Hard for a poor guy like me to keep down as my stomach will be empty for half a year if I get a PS3.

On another note, I hope Nintendo follows in Sony's footstep and create a way to play on the internet for free because Super Smash Bros. Brawl + Free internet = Ultimate Multi-player Game.
linkman2004 wrote:
Dude, after Nintendo's press conference yesterday I'm more stoked then ever about the Wii. Very Happy I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy, Excite Truck, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Red Steel, and maybe Sonic Wildfire. Smile What about everybody else here? What's everybody else looking forward too?
umhowie
i want the zelda game
Whong
umhowie wrote:
i want the zelda game

me too, and the Smash Bros Brawl! It is so cool!
SilverDogg
how many of you will buy both versions of twiligt princess? Wink
i will pick up the gc-version, and my gf will pick up the wii-version ^^.
its gonna be sweet. the only problem will be; who is going to play first? ;O
Hanpusu-kun
SilverDogg wrote:
how many of you will buy both versions of twiligt princess? Wink
i will pick up the gc-version, and my gf will pick up the wii-version ^^.
its gonna be sweet. the only problem will be; who is going to play first? ;O

SD, omg, thats just horrific >_<
but you two are hardcore zelda fans so wtf.

But im just gonna take the Wii-version. I dont have enough money for both ;<
william
The Nintendo Wii will be great. One thing that may make it the number one seller is the price. (I've heard it's priced below $250!) Nintendo is definitely innovative with the new "Wiimote." Motion sensitivity truly makes the games more realistic. Though, I'll be sure to get game pads along with the remote. Wink The Virtual Console is a great idea. Nintendo, in my opinion, is making the best use of the internet. Hopefully they'll have all of the games designed for the prior consoles. I also like the design. Once again, Nintendo made their console very small. (The size of three stacked DVD cases.) Though, there are many positives, however there are negatives. One, as we know, it'll be using DVDs. Basically, it's lacking in hardware. When it comes to hardware, the Playstation 3 definitely wins. Overall, I think it will be a great console. And definitely the most innovative.
cloudy
Snake doesn't quite fit (he isn't as cartooonish, but then again all of the characters are more realised in SSBB). But just because he's in there, or whatever characters are added; I'll still get it, because it will still be fun.

Although, I must say Viva Wii! isn't very elegant. Exclamation
rpgmaker
I think the wii(revolution) looks awesome. The gameplay looks great and will sonce its said it is only going to be 100 to 140 bucks for it i think ill get on along with the zelda game for it Smile
eqfan
lol,i will buy one
linkman2004
rpgmaker wrote:
I think the wii(revolution) looks awesome. The gameplay looks great and will sonce its said it is only going to be 100 to 140 bucks for it i think ill get on along with the zelda game for it Smile

Yeah, you wish it was gonna be that price, boy. Razz The price point is going to be at least 200 dollars, and Nintendo didn't rule out the possibility of a 250 dollar system, either. It's a shame, really. Buy, meh, I'm still gonna buy one.
Whong
linkman2004 wrote:
rpgmaker wrote:

Yeah, you wish it was gonna be that price, boy. Razz The price point is going to be at least 200 dollars, and Nintendo didn't rule out the possibility of a 250 dollar system, either. It's a shame, really. Buy, meh, I'm still gonna buy one.

So am I, and hey, GameCube was 230€ when it lauched! So Wii being 200 isn't a problem! 250€ isn't bad either though it is a bit more than 200€.

Oh, well who Wii is cheap still, and good!
Hanpusu-kun
about the TLOZ: TP controls nintendo have said like this kinda:

GC Zelda + GC-control + GC = True
GC Zelda + GC-control + Wii = True
GC Zelda + Wii-control + Wii = False
Wii Zelda + Wii-control + Wii = True
Wii Zelda + GC-control + Wii = False
SilverDogg
i dont really know if i like that you have to play the wii-version with the wiimote. of course, if its done well, there wont be any problems. but if its not done all that good, i would probably rather want to play with the original controller intended for the game.

oh well.. a couple of more months and then i will try and see. and.. i am getting both versions, so i guess its not that big of a deal ^^
dyrtyrice
ignition wrote:
I saw some of the vids from E3..the controller for the Wii looks awesome along with the games that they showed. I don't play a lot of games anymore but I will probably be picking one up anyways just because of the innovation and the price (around $200 as opposed to Sony's $600 ps3).

if course the Wii is going to be cheaper, it's an inferior system and blue ray players are going to be starting out at around $1000. The PS3 is a bargain in my opinion. Nevertheless, considering I work for Nintendo and I love their games, I'll definately be getting a Wii as soon as it launches. Compare the specs kids and it'll make sense. I'm going to be buying a 360, a Wii and a PS3 without question. For those that won't be buying a PS3, you'll be missing out on a lot of the best games.

The Wii Hardware:
# Nintendo Wii's 'Broadway' CPU operates at 729MHZ with a maximum bandwith of 1.9gbyte/sec.
# Nintendo Wii's 'HollyWood' GPU is clocked at 243MHZ, the internal memory of it includes 3mb of embedded graphics memory and 24megabytes of High Speed main memory.
# 64megabytes of GDDR3 (MEM2) as the external main memory. Just like the internal memory, it can be accessed from the CPU and GPU with a maximum bandwidth of 4gbytes/sec and can also store programs in the MEM2.
# The GPU of the Wii is identical to the GC's but it is on average 1.5X faster.

PS3 Hardware Specs:

- Cell Processor
- PowerPC-base Core @ 3.2GHz
- 1 VMX vector unit per core
- 512KB L2 cache
- 7 x SPE @ 3.2GHz
- 7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
- 7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
- 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
- total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

PS3 GPU (Graphics Processing Unit):

- RSX @ 550MHz
- 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
- Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
- Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Bandwidth:

- Main RAM 25.6GB per second
- VRAM 22.4GB per second
- RSX 20GB per second (write) +15GB per second (read)
- SB< 2.5GB per second (write) + 2.5GB per second (read)

PS3 Sound:

- Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPC. All is cell based processing allow for unique sounds.

PS3 Memory:

- 256MB XDR Main RAM @ 3.2GHz
- 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @ 700MHz

Audio Video Output:

- Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p
- HDMI: HDMI out x 2
- Analog: AV multi out
- Digital audio: Digital Out (OPTICAL)

Disc Media (CD) Specs:

- PlayStation CD-ROM PlayStation 2 CD-ROM
- CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW
- SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD
- DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)

Disc Media (DVD) Specs:

- PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM
- PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM
- DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R
- DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Disc Media (Blu-ray) Specs:

- PlayStation 3 BD-ROM
- BD-Video
- BD-ROM
- BD-R
- BD-RE

Other Info of PS3:

- Product name: PlayStation 3
- Nickname: PS3
- System Floating Point Performance: 2 TFLOPS
- Storage: Detachable 2.5" HDD slot

I/O:

- USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
- Memory Stick standard/Duo or PRO
- SD standard and mini
- CompactFlash (Type I, II)1

Communications:

- Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
- Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
- Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controls:

- Bluetooth, allowing up to 7 players at once
- USB 2.0, which is wired
- Wi-Fi allowing connectivety between PS3 and PSP.
- Network and networking over IP.
QrafTee
dyrtyrice wrote:
ignition wrote:

if course the Wii is going to be cheaper, it's an inferior system and blue ray players are going to be starting out at around $1000. The PS3 is a bargain in my opinion. Nevertheless, considering I work for Nintendo and I love their games, I'll definately be getting a Wii as soon as it launches. Compare the specs kids and it'll make sense. I'm going to be buying a 360, a Wii and a PS3 without question. For those that won't be buying a PS3, you'll be missing out on a lot of the best games...

Alright Fanboy, I can't help but notice you showed like 5% of the Wii's specs while boasting 85% of the PS3's specs. Now I believe that would be the WRONG way of comparing things. You need to remember that the PS2's power was it's variety of games. Many of the "must-have" PS3 games have either been:
A. Scrapped.
B. Ending sooner than planned.
C. Being made for the Xbox 360.

And okay, the Blu-Ray players have been said to be around one-thousand per unit, HOWEVER, we're talking about GAMERS not entertainment enthusiasts. Remember the DVD player option worked on the PS2 because the DVD format was already a winner in the format wars and it did not increase the price too dramatically. The Blu-Ray is still in the upcoming format war with HD-DVD which may prove to be harmful to Sony if they lose (but if it goes by the Sony v. Phillips format war, Sony will win).

The only thing Nintendo needs to do is not make enemies with third-party members and it will be "all good." Like a spokesman of Namco said, "When you're making a game for Nintendo, your biggest rival is Nintendo." Hopefully that won't scare too many people away.

BTW, I'm not a Fanboy, I just go by the facts. I DO like the Playstation consoles, but I also have a budget.
SilverDogg
the problem sony has is that they often put shitty drives in their consoles. from what i understand, the dvdplayer in ps2 was inferior even when it came out. and still to expensive. i could have gotten a dc and a dvd-player, plus a movie or two, for the same price the ps2 costed.

i doubt sony will make it different this time. the blu-ray-player in ps3 will probably be as shitty as the dvd-player in ps2. if i wanted a blu-ray-player, i would buy one, not a gaming console. those are for games, mind you.
garionw
The launch must be getting close, they are having a special press accouncement in America tomorrow or Friday (I think) and Saturday in Europe.

Hopefully they will announce both the price and release date
william
OK, after many months, Nintendo released the final details of the Nintendo Wii at a press conference in New York. It will be launched on November 19 priced at $250. Also, it will come with one game, Wii Sports, included. The console will be available in white and will come with one Wiimote and a Nunchuck controller. Extra Wiimotes will cost $40 and Nunchucks will cost $20. Also, classic controllers will be priced at $20. There will be 15 titles available at launch and about 30 by the end of the year; most games will be priced around $50. (About the same as the Xbox 360). The virtual console will have 30 classics available at launch. Games will be purchased with Wii Points. (Between 500-1000 points per game.) 2000 points is worth $20. There will be 4 million consoles available worldwide by the end of the year. (Compared to PS3's 2 million).

I can't wait until it comes out! 2 days after the PS3 worldwide launch.
wolfpack
I will be getting one for my son and well myself too. Smile I think the retro game download service is gong to be the best thing about the system. Plus my son loves the GC and plays it constantly. Very Happy
Loghete
william wrote:
OK, after many months, Nintendo released the final details of the Nintendo Wii at a press conference in New York. It will be launched on November 19 priced at $250. Also, it will come with one game, Wii Sports, included. The console will be available in white and will come with one Wiimote and a Nunchuck controller. Extra Wiimotes will cost $40 and Nunchucks will cost $20. Also, classic controllers will be priced at $20. There will be 15 titles available at launch and about 30 by the end of the year; most games will be priced around $50. (About the same as the Xbox 360). The virtual console will have 30 classics available at launch. Games will be purchased with Wii Points. (Between 500-1000 points per game.) 2000 points is worth $20. There will be 4 million consoles available worldwide by the end of the year. (Compared to PS3's 2 million).

That sounds fantastic! Very Happy

I just wonder when it will be released and how much it will cost in Finland..
evandb
Im so dissapointed in the cost of the ps3, I am definitely going for a Wii when it releases.

When does Wii-Zelda come out?
william
evandb wrote:
Im so dissapointed in the cost of the ps3, I am definitely going for a Wii when it releases.

When does Wii-Zelda come out?

As I know of, it comes at the launch. (November 19) I can't wait!
Lakitu
I'm definetely buying a Wii, maybe two (one for my brother) just to rub it in at all those Sony fanboys; it will still cost the same as the cheapest PS-3.

I''m living in Europe so I'm gonna import it: November 19th!!
Fire Boar
william wrote:

*screams in agony* NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHY? WHYYYY??? HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL, NINTENDO?

I expect you're wondering what that was all about. Well, I'll tell you. The PS3 launches on my birthday. I honestly don't give a sod. I've no intention of getting a PS3. But the Wii? Yes please! I was hoping to get it for my birthday but... two days after??? Damn. Damn damn damn. If only they had set the release date just a bit earlier, I could have got the best birthday present I could have hoped for.

*sighs* Well... I could ask for it as a late present. Yes, I'll do that.
Loghete
What the hell??

I just read at Wikipedia:

Quote:

United States (USD) $249.99
November 19, 2006
Console, controller, nunchuck, Wii Sports

Wiimote- $39.99
Nunchuck- $19.99
Classic Controller- $19.99
Games- $49.99 to $59.99

Mainland Europe (EUR) €249
December 8, 2006
Console, controller, nunchuk, Wii Sports

Wiimote- €39.99
Nunchuck- €19.99
Classic Controller- €19.99
Games- €49.99- €59.99

Look! The prizes have the same numbers, but everything is much more expensive in Europe!
If the prize of the Wii would be the same as in USA it would cost 197 €
It's like 50€ more expensive in Europe!

I just hate to live in Europe sometimes Evil or Very Mad
william
What did surprise me is that the Nintendo Wii will be launched in the United States before anywhere else in the world. It will come out in Japan on December 2. December 7 for Australia, and December 8 for Europe.

Though, I wonder what happened to that gun contoller.
QrafTee
william wrote:
What did surprise me is that the Nintendo Wii will be launched in the United States before anywhere else in the world. It will come out in Japan on December 2. December 7 for Australia, and December 8 for Europe.

Though, I wonder what happened to that gun contoller.

I'm guessing it will be packaged with Duck Hunt and a separate model will be released a week or so later. Many game selling sites have said Duck Hunt will be released on November 1, 2006, but that is only a default pre-release date for Wii games that have no confirmed release date, but confirmed to be released... someday.
Kelcey
QrafTee wrote:
dyrtyrice wrote:
ignition wrote:

if course the Wii is going to be cheaper, it's an inferior system and blue ray players are going to be starting out at around $1000. The PS3 is a bargain in my opinion. Nevertheless, considering I work for Nintendo and I love their games, I'll definately be getting a Wii as soon as it launches. Compare the specs kids and it'll make sense. I'm going to be buying a 360, a Wii and a PS3 without question. For those that won't be buying a PS3, you'll be missing out on a lot of the best games...

Alright Fanboy, I can't help but notice you showed like 5% of the Wii's specs while boasting 85% of the PS3's specs. Now I believe that would be the WRONG way of comparing things. You need to remember that the PS2's power was it's variety of games. Many of the "must-have" PS3 games have either been:
A. Scrapped.
B. Ending sooner than planned.
C. Being made for the Xbox 360.

And okay, the Blu-Ray players have been said to be around one-thousand per unit, HOWEVER, we're talking about GAMERS not entertainment enthusiasts. Remember the DVD player option worked on the PS2 because the DVD format was already a winner in the format wars and it did not increase the price too dramatically. The Blu-Ray is still in the upcoming format war with HD-DVD which may prove to be harmful to Sony if they lose (but if it goes by the Sony v. Phillips format war, Sony will win).

The only thing Nintendo needs to do is not make enemies with third-party members and it will be "all good." Like a spokesman of Namco said, "When you're making a game for Nintendo, your biggest rival is Nintendo." Hopefully that won't scare too many people away.

BTW, I'm not a Fanboy, I just go by the facts. I DO like the Playstation consoles, but I also have a budget.

Haha, whoa chill man. I like everything after "point c." Yes, this is a gaming console and the value of system should be placed very heavily in the games. What good is a 600 dollar PS3 that doesn't have any games? What good is a 250 dollar Wii that doesn't have any games? The Blu-ray will matter for some people... and some it won't. I have a 1080p tv and I'm happy to be getting a blu-ray. However, at the same time, I know I'm in the very very very very very small percentage that has a 1080p tv. I know the group that has HDTVs alone, is very small too. So yeah, those people are forced to swallow a next gen player that they can take advantage of... and that sucks. Some will benefit and some won't. I'm not saying it's okay... it's just okay for some and not others.

Now to everything from point C and above. The "must have" PS3 games that everyone talks about (at least from what I've read) are Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Devil May Cry 4 (at least these 4 are at the top of my list).... while the others I read about are Killzone (yeah, it's not gonna look like the E3 video), Assassin's Creed, and GTA4. Now, out of all those games which are apparently the must-haves... 2 (Assassin's Creed/GTA4) will fall under your C category. None fall under B. None fall under A. I'm not trying to pick a fight here AT ALL (I hate forum wars...), but (in all seriousness not a jackass way) what were the "must haves" that you've heard about that fall under A,B, or C?

As far as the technical specs go, there's no argument that the PS3 clowns the Wii when it comes to power. Simple as that. This is not a bash on Nintendo cause they've clearly stated that their system IS weaker than the 360 and the PS3. Power is not in Nintendo's goal... so don't believe it is. Its highest output is 480p... the PS3 *can* (probably not 90 percent of the time) output 1080p and will have the rest at 720p. That's all there is to it. Nintendo offers the controller uniqueness aspect and the PS3 offers the power. By no means when someone here says, "The PS3 is much more powerful than a Wii," do they mean that the Wii is a pile of crap. It's better than current consoles (exception 360). It simply does not have the power that a 360 or PS3 does. I'll say it again, it's not an insult at Nintendo's system... it was NEVER their goal.

So I agree with whoever posted those specs.. yeah, *technologically speaking*, you're getting a "bargain" with the PS3. That's strictly speaking in terms of technology and *IF* you gave a crap about EVERYTHING in it. However, that is NOT the case. What good is 600 dollars worth of power if blu-ray movies fail and the system receives no games? Then yeah, that's clearly no bargain. On the other hand, if you have a 1080p tv and blu-ray ends up doing well... as well as the killer titles, then you are getting a bargain.

Fire Boar wrote:
william wrote:

*screams in agony* NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHY? WHYYYY??? HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL, NINTENDO?

I expect you're wondering what that was all about. Well, I'll tell you. The PS3 launches on my birthday. I honestly don't give a sod. I've no intention of getting a PS3. But the Wii? Yes please! I was hoping to get it for my birthday but... two days after??? Damn. Damn damn damn. If only they had set the release date just a bit earlier, I could have got the best birthday present I could have hoped for.

Why can't it be a late birthday present? Or why can't they just give you 250 and you go buy it yourself in 2 days? Razz
Hanpusu-kun
YES!

8:th december, here I come \o/
QrafTee
When I say "must-have" I mean those that have been waited on or has a name which people know which may have sparked interests:

A. Endless Saga, Dark RPG, Theseis (On a side note, EA is backing the "Wii60" while reducing their games for the PS3, while Atari and SNK have reported to start developing games for the PS3 in a year to three years after the debut of the console)
B. Xenosaga III (Originally supposed to be six titles, now ending with a triology; on a side note, I didn't know Xenosaga was popular, but apparently it is)
C. As you said with the games that already fell under C. (Although I heard the Xbox 360 version has been cancelled, but it might be just a rumor)

But yes they do have some "must-have" games, I never said they'd be totally depleted of them. I mean they have large shares of Square Enix stock, and have bailed them out of bankruptcy which pretty much keeps them safe from having no "must-have" games. And yes, Final Fantasy XIII is incredible and I believed after Final Fantasy X, I can live without a new Final Fantasy title because I still consider VII the best one out of all I have played (mainly the "first" three and the 3-D ones). Metal Gear Solid 4 has a strong backing along with Killzone, but I haven't seen too much love for Devil May Cry 4 (though I would know why people would back it). I saw Versus XIII and was quite impressed, but I still don't know what to expect... Action RPG... KHXIII?
Fire Boar
Kelcey wrote:
*some stuff that I agree with but it can't go here, it's too long to quote all that. Then...*
Fire Boar wrote:
william wrote:

Why can't it be a late birthday present? Or why can't they just give you 250 and you go buy it yourself in 2 days? Razz

It'll probably be a Christmas thing for me actually. You see, I like in England, so over here it's coming out on 8th December. In pounds, I've worked out that the Wii will be a whopping £57 (give or take a few pence) cheaper in Japan and £37 cheaper in America. Question is, do I get a US one or a Japanese one, or stick with a European one. I'm a bit worried about PAL compatability...
QrafTee
Fire Boar wrote:
It'll probably be a Christmas thing for me actually. You see, I like in England, so over here it's coming out on 8th December. In pounds, I've worked out that the Wii will be a whopping £57 (give or take a few pence) cheaper in Japan and £37 cheaper in America. Question is, do I get a US one or a Japanese one, or stick with a European one. I'm a bit worried about PAL compatability...

Well I'm not sure about the outlets they use in the UK, but from what I've heard Wii will be a console that is region-free so that would mean a Wii in the U.S. will be able to play a Wii game from Japan without needing a mod ship or boot CD (Freeloader). I could be wrong, but I've read on several sites that the Wii will indeed be region-free which is pretty good to me.
Whong
QrafTee wrote:
Fire Boar wrote:

Well I'm not sure about the outlets they use in the UK, but from what I've heard Wii will be a console that is region-free so that would mean a Wii in the U.S. will be able to play a Wii game from Japan without needing a mod ship or boot CD (Freeloader). I could be wrong, but I've read on several sites that the Wii will indeed be region-free which is pretty good to me.

This isn't the case, Wii will not be region free, Nintendo has stated so. Sadly so, but well, I guess it won't be so bad after all!
QrafTee
Whong wrote:
This isn't the case, Wii will not be region free, Nintendo has stated so. Sadly so, but well, I guess it won't be so bad after all!

What a bummer, I wished people at NOA would get their facts straight before making such an important statement as to say their console would be Region-Free. I believe it's the best idea for a console to be region-free. Oh well, there's always Freeloader... or at least I hope I can use that without having to use a mod chip.
Whong
QrafTee wrote:
Whong wrote:

What a bummer, I wished people at NOA would get their facts straight before making such an important statement as to say their console would be Region-Free. I believe it's the best idea for a console to be region-free. Oh well, there's always Freeloader... or at least I hope I can use that without having to use a mod chip.

For me it isn't really important because I don't buy games from abroad, but it would have been a nice thing. Well Wii has so many other great features, this isn't really that important! Idea
william
This is no big deal for me, but it might be for others; the Wii does not have DVD playback capabilities. Like I said, I don't mind, but some may. It might hurt sales, but it probably won't since DVD playback would raise the price. Before, Nintendo said there would be an external device that would allow DVD playback, but they didn't make that either.

What do you think about this?
QrafTee
william wrote:
This is no big deal for me, but it might be for others; the Wii does not have DVD playback capabilities. Like I said, I don't mind, but some may. It might hurt sales, but it probably won't since DVD playback would raise the price. Before, Nintendo said there would be an external device that would allow DVD playback, but they didn't make that either.

What do you think about this?

I can care less. Nintendo is right. DVD players are so cheap nowadays for those people who don't already have one. And again they're right, a single household easily has more than 2 DVD players in it (in my house we have 5, two notebook PCs, a desktop PC, a combo TV, and a standalone DVD player). An external is just a waste of money for both the consumer and producers.
jarnbrott
But sorry to say it's not that powerfull as 360 or playstation 3
linkman2004
jarnbrott wrote:
But sorry to say it's not that powerfull as 360 or playstation 3

I really couldn't care less about that. As somebody in some article said at sometime, the nice looking games on the current-gen consoles aren't even close to ugly. And considering that the Wii is more powerful than all the currentl-gen consoles, I'm not really worried. Red Steel's graphics are amazing.

Besides, even if it was just a GameCube with the Wiimote, it wouldn't really matter. It's all about the games.
NarcoticGetz
wow 7 pages.

ive always been a fan of nintendo and the wii is just going to renew that fandom.

over 9 million are gonna be buying the wii when it comes out, with 5.7 million buying a ps3, mostly due to price yes but most are true nintendo fans.

i cant wait to see what past system games will be out, and if they have better features (online play, better graphics, etc.) and the launch games look very interesting, super mario galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (one i cant wait for Very Happy ), and many more.

The controller looks very easy to use as well, and the motion sensor and what not. i feel it'll be better then just using a few buttons and analog sticks, now it responds to your movements .. all in all the wii is gonna be superb
Kelcey
QrafTee wrote:
When I say "must-have" I mean those that have been waited on or has a name which people know which may have sparked interests:

A. Endless Saga, Dark RPG, Theseis (On a side note, EA is backing the "Wii60" while reducing their games for the PS3, while Atari and SNK have reported to start developing games for the PS3 in a year to three years after the debut of the console)

They may have sparked interested but could never fall under the must have category under any circumstances.

QrafTee wrote:

B. Xenosaga III (Originally supposed to be six titles, now ending with a triology; on a side note, I didn't know Xenosaga was popular, but apparently it is)

Nobody said it was coming to PS3. Certainly if it continued, it probably would be. But nobody has ever said a Xenosaga game was coming to PS3.

QrafTee wrote:

C. As you said with the games that already fell under C. (Although I heard the Xbox 360 version has been cancelled, but it might be just a rumor)

But yes they do have some "must-have" games, I never said they'd be totally depleted of them. I mean they have large shares of Square Enix stock, and have bailed them out of bankruptcy which pretty much keeps them safe from having no "must-have" games. And yes, Final Fantasy XIII is incredible and I believed after Final Fantasy X, I can live without a new Final Fantasy title because I still consider VII the best one out of all I have played (mainly the "first" three and the 3-D ones). Metal Gear Solid 4 has a strong backing along with Killzone, but I haven't seen too much love for Devil May Cry 4 (though I would know why people would back it). I saw Versus XIII and was quite impressed, but I still don't know what to expect... Action RPG... KHXIII?

The same thing can be said about a 360 and the Wii. We're talking about 5 games for the PS3 here (admittedly I'm only interested in FFXIII, FFVXIII, and DMC4... don't care about killzone or MGS4). So what are you looking for? (once again, not in a jackass way) If you don't like the franchises or don't find them worthy enough to buy a ps3, you're absolutely right. I mean, why buy a ps3 if you don't feel it's worth it? So yeah, your logic is fine. However, you can live without FFXIII cause FF7 was amazing? So are you saying that I can live without twilight princess because Ocarina of Time was amazing? I definitely want to play twilight princess. If anything, I'd think having a game in the same series that is great, would only give you MORE reason to buy later iterations.
Motoracer380
the remote is reaqlly cool...used for steering wheel..gun..has a joystick attachment..looks good for 200 bucks...but im saving for a high def t.v and the 360, some of the games like testdrive unlimited look really good. you can do anything in that game.
reallyjoel
While I'll be getting a Wii, I have to say that I was a lot more excited about the machine before E3 '06 than after. To be honest, some parts of the controller technology seem a bit buggy and clumsy, and that coould potentially ruin the whole experiance. Let's hope for the best though.