FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Palm OS

ltmas
Just wondering who here has a PDA with palm os and was wondering what some of your favorite apps are?
orno
i have an old palm (clie N710C) with palm OS4 on it..... since i bought it second hand it came with a bunch of software...one was something called SilverScreen... basically windowblinds for your palm....works awesome...
apart form that a bunch of games: Minesweeper (freeware), Scrabble, Monopoly and Bomberman (my personal favorite)

got a lot of other software lying around but havent had the chance to try it out yet ever since i got my mp3 player (used to use the palm mainly for playing mp3s)

and yeah, before i forget...one of the main reasons i bought it in the first place. it came pre-installed with NoviiRemote: THE best remote control software (actual remote controls). ive programmed it with the remore controls of ALL my home equipment (2 dvd players, 2 VCR's, TV, projector, AC, Music Systems, Home theater....EVERYTHING!) so i can use it as a universal remote and/or remote backup when one of the many rmeote controls goes missing (usually once a week atleast!)

if theres one program worth buying, its this
ltmas
I have OmniRemote it is a remote program that does the same thing as NoviiRemote and it is freeware. It is a really helpful app.
Traveller
Sony Cliι PEG-TJ37
PalmOS 5.2.1
Favourites:
  • Thought Manager - Superb outline program that, for me, has replaced the Memo Pad AND the To-Do List. Especially good for class or sermon notes.
  • Bible With You - Let's me have a split screen with the Spanish Bible in one half and the English Bible in the other.
  • Jot - Created in the days of earlier PalmOS versions, this is what (with some modifications) became Graffiti-2. I have it from my earlier Palm days, but still use it, since there are a few things with it that I like better.
  • WordComplete - Great, time-saving utility that pops up a list of recommended, full words after you have written only a few letters. I have both the English and Spanish dictionaries.
  • Calcul-8! - Nobody likes the built-in calculator! This one is not only infinitely better, it's also FREE!
  • eReader (formerly PalmReader), Tome Raider, iSilo, and MobiPocket - For ebooks.
  • PilotGOne - for recording Go games.
  • Top Kakuro and Top Sudoku - The well-known puzzles.
  • Crosswords - For crossword puzzles, especially cryptics.
orno
kakuro and sudoku!
now thats something i would love to have on my palm

were those free?
more importantly, were those palm OS 5+ only?
Traveller
orno wrote:
kakuro and sudoku!
now thats something i would love to have on my palm

were those free?
more importantly, were those palm OS 5+ only?

Unfortunately, they were not free, each costs $12.99, but they do have a special that you can buy both, together, for $17.23. I'm not sure about the OS version. For more info, or to contact their support to ask about the version, go to http://www.nogasoft.com/home/.

In addition, there may be other programs for Sudoku and Kakuro by now, maybe even free ones, but these are the only ones with which I am familiar.
Deviatorz
I have Clie NX73. My favorite program I would have to say is the built in Audio Player. A freeware I like is FileZ. Anyways I don't really use it as much as I did before.
evestor
I have a LifeDrive and there are tons of apps for it that I love.

TCMP is essential as it is free and the commercial media players are mostly junk. I am curious to see what the 700p will do. More than likely it will make all the old school Palm users that didnt realize that the 700w ran on WM5.0 really pissed knowing that they could have waited a bit and got their favorite OS in a matter of months.

I think Filez is an essetial app. I like Bike or Die. Zlauncer is kind of like the "Windows Blinds" of the Palm OS and I have never cared for it but it is popular. Madden 06 is a scream. I work with Palms so if you have any questions fire away. Wink
bryanbel
I have a Palm III from 3Com. It was a very old model and still have that green screen but it is still very functional. The only drawback I have with this PDA is that it loses data everytime you are out of battery and making it more worst when I havent done a recent hotsync operation.

I am able to upgrade the OS though but only upto Palm OS 4. One of the best apps I had used are Omni Remote and a game called Space Trader.
waffy
Zire 72

BibleWithYou - For the soul.
PalmReader - I love eBooks!
DocumentsToGo - Really helps me at work.
LJP Emulator - Great emulator! I love playing the good old Nintendo games on my palm! Very Happy
johnwin
I run a Tungsten T3 and a Tapwave ZodiacII

My altime favorite applcation is DateBk5 from www.pimlicosoftware.com

A great replacement for the Calendar, Contacts, Notes and ToDo vanilla apps that ship with your device.

Another plus with this app is that it uses the core PIM database fiels so you can sync to your prefered desktop PIM with no problems at all!

You might want to look at my Palm OS website? www.mypalmlife.com
simplyw00x
I have a Tungsten T5. Best apps:
pTunes - plays all of my music, excellent power usage, winamp skin!
Due Yesterday - Like a homework diary. But Palm! Freeware...
PalmVNC - VNC client for palm. Allows you to use the palm to control a desktop PC over bluetooth or internet
LittleJohn Palm - NES, GB, SNES and others emulator for Palm. Yay!
riv
I have a T|X, and I guess my favourite app is TCMP. It would be PalmVNC, but I never quite got that app to work...
socialoutcast
I enjoy Zlauncher on my Palm TX.
cchantrain
I use Handbase that is a cool database software.
bassgs_17
I used to have a Clie SJ22 back in 2003 or so; it was decent; all I did was view photos and emulate crappy b/w game boy games... Theire is a GBA emulator (not free) for palm OS that's decent... if you aren't afraid of ROMS and can pay the $20 or so for a license. The url is [url] http://www.crimsonfire.com/firestorm/[/url]

For more palm os emulators, visit http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/emulators_for_palm_pdas_an_overview_of_the_best[/url]
bassgs_17
I used to have a Clie SJ22 back in 2003 or so; it was decent; all I did was view photos and emulate crappy b/w game boy games... Theire is a GBA emulator (not free) for palm OS that's decent... if you aren't afraid of ROMS and can pay the $20 or so for a license. The url is [url] http://www.crimsonfire.com/firestorm/[/url]

For more palm os emulators, visit http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/emulators_for_palm_pdas_an_overview_of_the_best[/url]