FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Register Globals change influences all mambo / joomla websit

phx777
now i know i dont have much to complain, specially not with all my negative points, but the thing is i kinda used mostly joomla for most of my currect sites, and checking it one day discovering that its all ultra screwed up cause one account was hacked... kinda made me loose my interest.... not saying theres anything wrong with frih... but personaly i think that the security change itself could make more dmg to people then "the hacker"...
mathiaus
register globals should only affect badly written scripts which require it. More and more servers are switching them off (if they hadn't already) so its hardly like were being radical or anything.

Also if you search for something you get results like putting the code below into a .htaccess file in a directory to turn register gloabls back on in that directory
Code:
php_flag register_globals on
Bondings
phx777 wrote:
now i know i dont have much to complain, specially not with all my negative points, but the thing is i kinda used mostly joomla for most of my currect sites, and checking it one day discovering that its all ultra screwed up cause one account was hacked... kinda made me loose my interest.... not saying theres anything wrong with frih... but personaly i think that the security change itself could make more dmg to people then "the hacker"...

Joomla has no problems with register globals being switched off. If I'm not mistaken, it even gives a warning if it is switched on. If you have problems with your joomla installation, then please post which errors you get.

And it wasn't just one account unfortunately. This is one of the possibilities it got in.