FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP accounts - More info

alkutob
One of Frihost features is :

Unlimited subdomains and ftp accounts for all your websites ....

And here I want to ask about the FTP accounts !!!

Are they to be created for my website members ?

If so !! what for ??

Any helpful links to know more about FTP accounts ??

Thank you
Bondings
You normally don't need more than a few ftp accounts and it wouldn't be safe to give them to your website members.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
You normally don't need more than a few ftp accounts and it wouldn't be safe to give them to your website members.

And it would be breaking the ToS if you are letting them upload files freeely (file host)
alkutob
Bondings wrote:

n0obie4life wrote:

And it would be breaking the ToS if you are letting them upload files freeely (file host)

Thank you for the informatins ...

I think ftp.alkutob-jordan.frih.net is one of ftp accounts = is it right ?

When do I need to create another ? What cases ?

Thank you
Blaster
you might need another one for limited access for like people on your staff or what ever. It can also be helpful if you need someone to fix something for you.

Yes one of them is ftp.yoursite.frih.net
Helios
Basically, you get a default ftp account for you and you only to access.

You can create unlimited amounts of ftp accounts under your default sub-domain(or domain, if you've added one), but you have to limit the quota!
What I'm saying is that you can only allow access to your webspace to someone who you're building a site with or someone who will help you install certain software(you will have to remove his account after he gets the job done, though). You can't give away free access to people.
alkutob
Helios wrote:
Basically, you get a default ftp account for you and you only to access.

You can create unlimited amounts of ftp accounts under your default sub-domain(or domain, if you've added one), but you have to limit the quota!
What I'm saying is that you can only allow access to your webspace to someone who you're building a site with or someone who will help you install certain software(you will have to remove his account after he gets the job done, though). You can't give away free access to people.

Thank you ...Helios

I do understand these helpful informations .

Many thanks 4 you Blaster

Good time