FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Da Vinci Code

todabeat
I can't believe no one has posted a topic about this flick.
I been dying to watch this movie; since i read the book. I know that their is a lot of contrversy with the church right now. but i am not catholic, so i am defenetely going to see it.

What about you guys?
Nameless
I'm going to see it. Not because of the publicity, or the controversy (that word is SO overused these days), but because I've read the book and think it would translate well into a movie, and I'm curious to see how well they did it.
yunmiffy
Who is the albino in the movie?
Does anyone know an albino in real life? Any pics?
ylmun
Looks like somebody here has an albino fetish.

The actor who plays the albino is Paul Bettany, who is not an albino in real life.

I'm more interested in the question "Who the hell cast Tom Hanks as the hero in this movie?" I recall from the book, the hero was described as a young Harrison Ford. Tom Hanks does not remind me of Harrison Ford. Then again, Harrison Ford does not remind me of Harrison Ford these days.

But then if Tom hanks says he wants to play a transvestite who attends tryouts for the Olympic swim team in your movie, any director will say "Sure!"
ylmun
I'm gonna see it also because the book was so good (except for the ending). The first 320 pages were great. Too bad page 321 was such a disappointment. Come to think of it, page 265 wasn't so hot either, but I won't dwell.

But like I said in the other Da Vinci Code Frihost topic (which should be closed, BTW. Hello, Moderator?), "Who the hell cast Tom Hanks as the hero?" I believe the book said the hero was supposed to be a young Harrison Ford. Tom Hanks is not a young Harrison Ford. Hell, Harrison Ford is not a young Harisson Ford.
HDirtwater
Yeah, I'm having a hard time figuring out which topic to reply to...... Rolling Eyes

I did not like the book at all, but I may see the movie. I felt the book was less of a novel than it was a lecture. I like Tom Hanks a lot, and trust him to only do a movie if it is worth it for him. He doesn't pick bad scripts, and Ron Howard is an outstanding director.
Scorpio
Tom Hanks and Ron Howard.

That may just pull me to the theatre

But I liked the book, so it makes no difference
orno
ylmun wrote:
But like I said in the other Da Vinci Code Frihost topic (which should be closed, BTW. Hello, Moderator?)

can't find that thread....link?

merged the only other Da Vinci Code thread i could find with this one
r_y_e_20
I suggest you watch first the documentary entitled "The origins of The Vinci Code" before watching "The Vinci Code". It will make you understand what is all behind this awaiting movie.
nastik81
I have the book sitting on a shelf waiting for me to read it, but i can't seem to find enough time to sit down to read. And now with the movie coming out I am not sure weather to read the book or watch the film first. I've heard really good reviews about the book. Has anyone seen the movie yet? Maybe a pirate version? Wink
shaggly
FYI - I heard (from some people that saw an advance screener) that the movie was a little bit of a let down compared to the book, but I am going to see it for myself next week. I shall post a small review here after that.
Kai
Hm, it does look like a good flick. I like the previews

Quote:
perfect murder"
marekdebowski
I'm going to watch this film. I've read the book twice. I'm looking forward to see it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Alienz
I have read the book. I love it. I not gonna miss this film Wink
Whong
It's a fiction, why watch a fiction when you could read the truth from the Bible! Confused

I'm defenitely NOT going to watch that film, I've not even read the book! Laughing

The Bible is the truth to me, I don't need some anything else than the Bible to tell me about the life of Jesus! The Bible tells everything we NEED TO KNOW Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Rather watch movies that are really based on the Bible like the old movie The Ten Commandments (About Moses and the Israelites!)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Idea Wink
shinnoyami
i haven't read the book, although i might go see it. everyone i know seems to have enjoyed the book and.. well.. i'm too lazy to pick up the book.. so i will watch it instead
ylmun
nastik81 wrote:
And now with the movie coming out I am not sure weather to read the book or watch the film first.

I'd read the book first. When reading the book, rather than watching the movie, you form your own images of how scenes and events should be visualized.

When watching the movie, you have no option but to watch what the director thinks the scenes and events should look like.

Of course, reading the book first makes it possible to be disappointed in the movie....like having Tom Hanks play the lead character instead of someone more suited to the task, like Clive Owen or Jonathon Rhys-Davies (without the accents).

Grrr.
Jeff_vella_leone
im going to see it too, i saw he trailer and it looks really cool.
i didnt know it was a book before though, nice. well i dont like much books because in a movie u can understand more in my openion, allthogh they tend to cut much in a movie from the original story, sometimes even change it.
r_y_e_20
nastik81 wrote:
And now with the movie coming out I am not sure weather to read the book or watch the film first.

i suggest you read the book first, the book is more detailed of course, and you will feel the intensity better.
molif
i've seen the trailer.. seems to be very interesting.. it is just a film.. i wanna watch.. im sure itz gonna be a good movie despite the oppositions/controversy..
ifmr
I dont see why people are protesting against screening of the film Da Vinci Code. Its just a film man. If your faith will be broken juss by watching a film, then do you still call what you got faith? Cmon, we all know that God is everywhere, Jesus isnt the only God. So who cares whether he is married or not? Cant he be divine even after marriage? Marriage doesnt change a person.
ylmun
Well,

All protests and religious debates aside, it looks like the film ain't so good according to this article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12822855/

But then again, it's been said that critics are people who think their poopy don't smell.

And oh yes, you with the albino fetish from several posts ago, maybe you can contact these protesters to find some albinos:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12820726/

Did I really just say "poopy"?
HDirtwater
The movie is getting killed by critics. It debuted in Cannes and was almost unanimously panned. Tom Hanks' performance is supposedly not very good, and the movie is too long and too slow for anyone to enjoy. Not unlike the book.... Laughing

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060517/en_movies_eo/19050
vignesh_natraj
i wanted to see this movie because of the hype the movie and the book developed here but i think they are going to release this movie here in INDIA
frozenhead
I read the book for a couple of times and I'm really entertained by such and I'll say it good.

I didn't watched the movie yet though I will this coming weekend.

Well, in my opinion. First things first, I'm a christian and I have this strong faith for the Divine One. I see the movie as a challege for me of my faith and reflect it to myself if I have enough and strong faith but I tell you, this movie can't ratify the way I'm with my faith. Anyway, most of the things mentioned in the book (and to movie i will watch yet) are all just fiction. Some are facts though it takes a lot of comprehension to see which is which. Besides, it's just a movie and still I will be watching it.
prepkid
i have not read the book because it had too many hard words on it, but i am definitely planning to watch it...this weekend if i can.

i heard that in this movie tom hanks actually "acts" like the character, not tom hanks. but i like tom hanks acting like tom hanks. :p

did you guys like the movie 'terminal'? it was kind of stupid at the end, but because i also am a foreigner i thought it was very cute.
cfackler
I loved the book. I'm probably going to see the movie tonight; I hope it will be good. I've heard it got bad reviews and moves slowly, but I've usually wound up liking movies more than the critics anyway. Next on my list is reading Angels and Demons.
gh0stface
The book was pretty good. I'm hoping that Ron Howard won't butcher the movie like most hollywood novel to big screen adaptations and that it will stay as close as to the book as it can. Seeing previous Ron Howard movies, I'm pretty sure he won't stray or butcher it.

The previews and it makes my skin tingle.
filet
ylmun wrote:
I'm gonna see it also because the book was so good (except for the ending). The first 320 pages were great. Too bad page 321 was such a disappointment. Come to think of it, page 265 wasn't so hot either, but I won't dwell.

But like I said in the other Da Vinci Code Frihost topic (which should be closed, BTW. Hello, Moderator?), "Who the hell cast Tom Hanks as the hero?" I believe the book said the hero was supposed to be a young Harrison Ford. Tom Hanks is not a young Harrison Ford. Hell, Harrison Ford is not a young Harisson Ford.

i think tom hanks..he's a good actor. i
luv watching the forest gump . my fav dialogue-run forest run. anyway the director, if im not mistaken ron howard thought of casting george clooney or the other guy's name- i dont remember. and i think tom hanks made the perfect candidate for the lead role than the other two.
desertwind
I was also waiting for it. But heard very bad reviews about it. And what is even bad is that in India, there was a protest going on againsta the movie release, and it postponed by a week.
dac_nip
I've already watched the movie. It was pretty much the same as the book with some scenes cut-off ofcourse..But basically, if you've already read the book, it would just be the visual representation of the book itself. The movie is really fictional unlike what most people think. But you have to give credit to Dan Brown for creatively linking those intricately delicate informations into puzzling and realistic art. anyway, its better if you watch it yourself. Very Happy
CrookedBlaze
I saw the movie and loved it. It was a tad bit unbelievable (Sohie running for numerous scenes in 5 inch high stilettos) but I totally loved it. I read the book and liked that a little better, but the movie was awesome. I like how Ron Howard presented everything and tied it together and stayed pretty damn close to the book (Which is not that common these days.)

Overall, go see it on the big screen. It's awesome.
essentialmedia
Whong wrote:
It's a fiction, why watch a fiction when you could read the truth from the Bible! Confused

I'm defenitely NOT going to watch that film, I've not even read the book! Laughing

The Bible is the truth to me, I don't need some anything else than the Bible to tell me about the life of Jesus! The Bible tells everything we NEED TO KNOW Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Rather watch movies that are really based on the Bible like the old movie The Ten Commandments (About Moses and the Israelites!)

WOW!!! You are young and naive so I can't fault you for that but before you start preaching young Jedi brush on on one simple fact....the bible is fiction also.

I know Mom and Dad told you to belive the drivel in the bible but you need to open your mind and make choices on your own because anything else would be WHONG.

Wink
gr3gg3r
I saw this movie yesterday.... I must say it was awesome. It definetely had me guessing pretty much the whole way through.

Also, it was interesting seeing the incorporation of history within this fictional movie. Very entertaining all the way through.
Alienz
I saw this movie yesterday too. It is great Cool Afterall, millons of people over the world watched this movie in just three days Smile
rightclickscott
I just saw it yesterday, and, I wasn't too impressed. Don't get me wrong, I mean, the plot was great, but it was too slow, predictable even if you haven't read the book, it just kept going when it should have just ended, and the acting wasn't believable at times. It was not a role for Tom Hanks. I also have some minor gripes, like how the most disturbing part was when Silas was whipping himself. Not for the whipping, I mean, but, god, I did not have to see his ass. Another little gripe was that they tried abit too hard to be modern, I mean, who says "we got those jpegs of the scene." Obviously because everyone can't use gifs or pngs. I know I cant! It had more action than I thought it would, which isn't saying much, but it worked. As I mentioned before, the plot was great, but if you want to see it just for the plot, just read the book. Lucky for me, I caught it at a time when it was only 6 bucks, so it was worth it, but if you're going for full price, don't bother, and just read the book already.
rightclickscott
Another thing: -bleh double post-

The fact that it made Christians question their faith is not a bad thing. Many Christians say it was just a snuff film, like Passion of the Christ wasn't? The thing about it is that it's great to have an open mind, and I liked the fact that it made Christians open their mind, but the fact that the book did not get this much public attention just shows and supports that more people would rather go see a subpar movie than read a great book. It saddens me dearly. Still, to all Christians on this forum, and to anyone who knows Christians, I want to spread this message. The Di Vinci Code just shows how crippling a blow can be, and you should not cry and sob and be angry at Dan Brown, just because he is a great writer. You should learn from this experience, and be more open minded about the world around you, because everything is not as it seems, and hanging off of and believing every word of the Bible is a bad thing, because the beliefs that are put into your head can be misinterpreted to support war, sexism, racism, and tons of other terrible things. When the Gospel of Judas came, you payed no heed, and said Judas still turned in Christ for money, and did not pay attention to what the gospel said, that Judas was Jesus's loyal servant, and that Christ told him to turn him in so that he could die for our sins. You did not listen to this, and what made you really angry? A 77 million dollar grossing film and not a 2000 year old scripture? Please, to all Christians, you must be open minded, and follow your own beliefs. God does not want people to hate, he wants people to love one another, and if this movie shows anything, it's that there is no love in open-mindedness. Please, heed and spread my words, because they have come not from anyone else, not a from a major motion picture, not from a New-York Times best seller, but from my own heart. Stop all of the things that you think God wants you to do, and remember this quote from the movie "Dogma," because I'm a hypocrite like that. "It's not what you have faith in, it's that you have faith." There is some kind of god out there, whether is Allah, Vishnu, Ra, Zues, the Flying Spagetti Monster, or Jesus Christ, it's only that you have faith that there is something, not that you have complete faith, because only bad can come from things that are not proven.
exarkun
My friends saw it just today and said it was good, except for a few scene that was quite gruesome.
r_y_e_20
Whong wrote:

Didnt the Bible told us to search for the truth? If there is a truth beyond truth.. why should we end up only from the Bible.
silvershadows
I really liked the movie. Thought Tom Hanks was excellent and the casting of Audrie Tatou (sp*) was excellent. Althought the film misses out a few lines from the book which i noticed and massivly deviates from the book at the end it was a thoroughly enjoyable movie. One wich i will purchase on DVD.
ShredKeys
Somehow i find myself sleeping through this movie. The book was certainly more interesting.
Devang
todabeat wrote:
I been dying to watch this movie; since i read the book. I know that their is a lot of contrversy with the church right now. but i am not catholic, so i am defenetely going to see it.

What about you guys?

Well, now Indian Censor board has agreed to release the movie with some caution line. so hopefully I'll be watching it on this Friday, May 26. I'm very excited to see it.
bercha
I want to watch it so badly! some of my friends watched it already and they said there's a girl in the movie that is related to Jesus. I was like 'wow'...
mckenneth
GRr.. I"m so gona watch this movie! tho i didnt read the book, i wana frkin watch it... its gotten people talkin.. and has a very sensitive issue!...

OOUh.. cool cool!
rightclickscott
bercha wrote:
I want to watch it so badly! some of my friends watched it already and they said there's a girl in the movie that is related to Jesus. I was like 'wow'...

You realize that they just ruined the ending for you, right? Eh, you'll figure itout halfway through anyways, it's just that predictable.
shaggly
I saw the movie yesterday, and I would have to say that I found it quite entertaining. I hadn't bothered to read the book, purely because of all the hype surrounding it - probably my loss.

The movie did what any movie is supposed to do, provided entertainment for it's duration. As far as the underlying plot and ideas behind the movie, well, I treated it as fiction, and cannot be bothered to investigate yet another conspiracy theory....LOL
lurch003
Of all the critics out there in the world, I truly believe if you send 100 to watch a film, you get 60 different viewpoints. Yet I can't believe SO many critics slated this film.

Are they religious critics?? Of all the reasons, to go for Tom Hanks hair style seems a little shortcoming!!

When I read the book, I immediately read his others in succession and have heard the rumour this week that Sony have acquired the rights to Angels and Demons!!!!

They were all grat in my opinion (1 Angels and Demons, 2 Da Vinci, 3 Digital Fortress, 4 I loved it set in the Arctic but for the life of me can't remember the name!!)

Thesedays, I have two critics I actually look for because they seem to have similiar tastes to me and if they give a film a good review, I can guarantee I'll like it!!

Don't forget to check out uk.imdb.com for the inside story and new releases!!
MattS
I thought it was alright - much better than I thought it would be.

I think perhaps they got the tone a bit wrong - it was possibly too po-faced, and could have benefited from a slightly more silly (camp?) edge. The way Ian McKellen played his part was spot on, and he seemed to be the only actor was enjoying himself.
Busmika
I saw it last week....

I have read the book, and as always the book was better.
But the movie was more than OK, I liked it a lot..
Spe_eddy
I think that the film was pretty good, but not once you've read the book, they've missed out a lot - which kinda ruined it for me.
also:
Whong wrote:

- the da Vinci Code is another view! You can't have a debate while only listening to one side! Open your mind! You have to see things form other peoples pint of views - it is also very interesting!
Aless
I can sympathize with the movie-makers, because it seems like one that would be very difficult to translate to screen. I have yet to see it, but I probably will sometime this week. I don't expect it to be great, but I always go into book-to-movie films with an open-mind and for the adventure of seeing how someone ELSE interpreted the same book I read.
Lychee
I saw the film about a week ago. I gotta say: Yeah it's a great movie, but you gotta read the book.
If you see the film, you've a totaly different perspective…
What this means it that if you first read the book, you imagine a totally different person (for exaple: the professor).
So if you read the book you can interpret exactly that what you want.
In the movie all this was interpreted by the director of the movie…

I really suggest to read the book, at lest before you go and watch the movie.
babalis
this movie is great
it's not the best movie that i've seen, but it's one of the best adaptation that i've seen
if you don't like reading, just see the movie, you won't miss anything, all the storyline is respected....

Razz
pudovkin
I liked the film, in general.

The main problem I found was that the story is complex, with all those references, but the treatment the adaptation has on the facts (I've not comparing to the book) is too simplistic, poor. The facts have no time to be proper developed; it just happens. And, to finish, the characters aren't "deep" enough and becomes shallow, as their actions. Like, the only thing we know about the protagonist - Hanks - is that he has claustrophobia. Razz

Anyway, I think is a film that should be seen. But is not very good and don't deserve the fame it has of "best film of year".

* btw, Silas looks like Darth Silas. Wink
earthchild
I read the book and saw the movie and enjoyed them both.

The book has so much more detail obviously but as far as adapting the book to the screen, I think they did a good job.
aiden_thomas
Quote:
WOW!!! You are young and naive so I can't fault you for that but before you start preaching young Jedi brush on on one simple fact....the bible is fiction also.

I know Mom and Dad told you to belive the drivel in the bible but you need to open your mind and make choices on your own because anything else would be WHONG.

ooooo, burn. But it is the absolute truth. Its people that talk useless drivel like this;
Quote:
The Bible is the truth to me, I don't need some anything else than the Bible to tell me about the life of Jesus! The Bible tells everything we NEED TO KNOW

Man, for some reason this gets me angry. Stuff like that demeans the existence of FICTION. Of coarse the book is a piece of fiction. I mean, Dan Brown got most of his facts wrong. One of the big plot lines, the Priory of Sion, is also a big hoax. The whole book is filled with loose ends that never were really investigated in by dan brown.

But aside from that, the movie is good. The acting was horrible (especially Tom Hanks), the movie felt rushed, and they didn't do anything flashy. Basically the movie was good, worth to see at the cinemas, but it could have been better. I feel tom hanks was a logical choice for the main part, but he just didn't deliever. My theory is that he didn't read the script, and just before each shoot, he quickly read the scene they were doing, and winged the whole procedure.
Basically it felt like he was trying to communicate the feeling of a wall. No emotion.

I liked the end. I also liked how they kept eluding the end. It felt like it was going to end, but it just kept going.

6/10. Improved if tom hanks was better.
alja
I have seen the movie, and I liked it.... I did not read the book though... and sometimes I guess it would have been easier to follow the movie reading the book first... I definitely will read the book now... on the other hand I have friends who read the book and liked it and were disappointed by the movie.
m_furquan36
Ive heard a lot of stuff about this movie...still waiting for it...maybe its one of those flicks that is getiing to much hype when really it cant be that interesting...those who have read the book have nothing new to experience i suppose.
goansfr
I have read the book, but i still don't see the movie. Maybe i don't want to be deceive. i read a lot of bad reviews
mikajoh
Ive seen it, it was good, but the book was a 100 times better
serhat_7tepe
i want to read the book but i have not enough time to read Sad but i hope that i will read it. i dont want to watch the film before i read the book becouse my friends who have read the book and watched the film said that the book is very very better than the film.. Wink
Lychee
As I just said: Read The Book.
It IS better! Smile
devilinheaven
well i m quite a bid fan of Tom Hanks sooo i know that i m going to love the movie but the problem is this that i live in Pakistan and out here they have banned this movie because of some controversies!!! well i think i have to just stick to the book nevermind!!! Sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
devilinheaven
well i m quite a bid fan of Tom Hanks sooo i know that i m going to love the movie but the problem is this that i live in Pakistan and out here they have banned this movie because of some controversies!!! well i think i have to just stick to the book nevermind!!!
healyrj
The Da Vinci Code is a movie that has been the object of critics' scorn since Cannes. Therefore when I went in my expectations were quite low. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed this intellectual treasure hunt. Action sequences boldly intertwine with quieter scenes where codes and symbols are being deciphered to lead to the next clue. At times we get the back story of what has happened to a persecuted religious sect through out the ages. The flashbacks to ancient Rome are brief but beautiful. In addition there are some gorgeous locations for filming, among them the Louvre and Rosslyn.

Hanks and Tautou perform like the pros that they are--it is interesting that two actors known for their whimsical charms were cast in such serious roles. Generally actors starring in thrillers will be those known for their laconic delivery and quietly passionate intensity. However, Tom Hanks was playing a professor of symbology and as such he did a fine job.

The supporting cast reads like a list of international superstars: Alfred Molina, Ian McKellen, Jean Reno and Jurgen Prochnow--all were superb.

One of things I liked about this film is how it gave the audience the opportunity to view the world from the perspective of someone who is used to looking at symbols and their meanings, in particular of things that most of us don't even notice most of the time. It was an unusual and fascinating angle on perception.

This a movie that tries to pack some very deep concepts into the thriller/treasure hunt genre. Overall I think it succeeds rather well.
confu
I have seen the movie, I never read the book, so i don't know which one is better but my opinion of the movie is: It's a great and exciting movie. It is 2:30 hours long. It's a tip! Cool
xray
The Da Vinci Code is a good movie.it has a good story.. (but i don't believe that Jesus had a girl.)
ylmun
OK, so what I'm hearing is:

if you read the book, don't see it, but if you haven't read the book, see it!

Unfortunately, I read the book.
The Phoenix
TO all those who haven't read the book, i suggest u to
go and pick 1 up right now .cuz it is the best fiction/suspense/thrillers out there.

The movie was however butcherd by that @$$ of a director Ron Howard who in my opinion turned a classic suspense thriller into utter boredom.
Take my advice and stay away from the movie but the book is something u shouldn't miss.

and to all those who hated the book, i give u a big **** U!!
Manofgames
i want to read it, but i am slightly hesitant because of all the bad press that the film has recieved.

its not often that you get people coming from the premiere saying that is rubbish.

i might get it on dvd some time soon though
Keran
I watched the movie, but i didn't read the book.
Even though i'm a Catholic i must say that the story looks pretty convincing, maybe my faith is slowly diminishing Wink
Manofgames
Keran wrote:
I watched the movie, but i didn't read the book.
Even though i'm a Catholic i must say that the story looks pretty convincing, maybe my faith is slowly diminishing Wink

that happened to me.

Its so real, that for a while afterwards, i began to 'Quote' from the books when the subject was brought up, as though the book was fact Very Happy .

Forgot to read the notice @ the beggining Very Happy
bosschaerts
I just waited to see the movie of the The Da Vinci Code, since I do not like to read books, because I do have lots of other hobbies, but this time I rather had to wait a long time before the film was on screen, so I started ofcourse reading about the making of the move and all the contradictory stories.
Comparing a book with the filmed version is not my intension, because a writer is not a moviewriter and not every book can be converted into a movie. Even Dan Brown was not able to convert his bestseller into a movie plot. Akiva Goldsman did make a nice conversion of the book.
Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon and adorable Audrey Tatou as Sophie Neveu are the perfect couple for this movie as an American religious symbology expert and a French cryptologist. I have seen worser movies with Tom Hanks. Also Jean Reno as Captain Bezu Fache is cut for the role as French inspector. And what about the masochist, psychopath albino monk of Opus Dei called Sibilas as Paul Bettany?

Dan Brown made a bestseller mixing and linking historical and contradictory thing together:
The Last Supper painting of Leonardo da Vinci, organizations called Opus Dei and the Priory of Sion, the gospel of Paul, Mary Magdalena marrying Jezus and giving birth to a child called Sarah; and even a global conspiracy theory about the hiding of the living descendants of Jesus Christ.

I just loved the plot. Dan Brown melted everything together into a fiction, suspense thriller.
And maybe there’s just another yet unknown truth about the bible ??

The movie is so contraversy that Opus Dei had to make a documentary about “the real life” at their organisation. Also the catholic church was not happy with the distorted truth about Jesus.
Why make all the fuss about just a movie? Or do they want to symphatize themselves? Wink

For me the Da Vinci is a must have seen movie, almost a cultmovie. Exclamation
learneasy
i have watched it ages ago, about a couple of days after it's relese (and yes, i have read the book) and it was not good. Ok, ok it was rubbish. They didn't translate very well, and it was too dark. The actors could also have been portrayed better. All it was was a bunch of cars chasing each other for the entire movie. Beginning to end. If you don't want to waste your money then DON'T WATCH IT OR BUY THE DVD (WHEN THE DVD IS RELEASED) UNLESS YOU GENUINELY LIKE IT. Sad Sad
Nigeria
This movie seems interesting from what I have read on here and other bvoards althogh I havent seen it myself yet.there has been so much conterversy surrounding this film I would love to see it does anyone know where I could buy the dvd from?
vectorian
I've never read the book before but was very keen to watch the movie with the success of the book and all the media hype about this movie.

I must say after watching it, it does create much points to ponder and it is truly a well written storyline. Surely stike home the point that there are many versions of any stories.

Highly recommended tho!
m_furquan36
Saw the movie it was pretty cool...even though it may have a lot of reservation by the catholic people ....still wont get into that Razz
gr3gg3r
Awesome movie, but I heard that most people who read the book before seeing the movie were disappointed. I'm glad I didn't read the book first then. =)

When does that come out on DVD? I hope they have good special features.
kwaksalver
Lychee wrote:
As I just said: Read The Book.
It IS better! Smile

I can't agree more!

And besides books are more interesting since you have more pleasure reading a book in a few hours time then watching the movie in 1h!
sergio_san_san
The book it is far better, but you can not put a great book in only 2 hours movie. I found the movie not so great, but it is also not that bad as some people said, but of course, if you were expecting such a great thing like the book, people got disapointed.
Manofgames
yunmiffy wrote:
Who is the albino in the movie?
Does anyone know an albino in real life? Any pics?

The Albino is the guy from Wimbledon, the guy who makes out with Kirstin Dunst, and then wins wimbledon.

The Film is good.

But THYE'VE MISSED OUT SO MUCH!!!! ITS REALLY ANNOYING

Sorry about that Smile just let some steam off.

As you can guess I've read the book, but the thing is, there are loads of references left out... Like

[list]
[*]The Fact that the butler had an alergy to peanuts
[*]the fact that the butler was not supposed to go into the Knights church
[*]The fact that in the book, the butler never says he is the teacher
[*]How that guy discovered who the Grand Master was
[*]That Sophie had a brother (who she was supposed to meet at the end of the film
There are many others too
MYP415
I already saw the movie and have read the book. I had read the book first and I was disappointed when I saw the movei because of all that they cut out and also because of the change they made to the story. I feel they could've done a much better job if they had stuck with the book, but maybe that might've not been good for them economically.

As for the controversy, I am not offended because its just another way of looking at things, it is a different belief and if you don't believe it then don't read the book. You should atleast respect Brown's beliefs because he respects yours and its not like the "real" Christian story is 100% proven either.
arkebuzer
todabeat wrote:

What about you guys?

I have seen it.
I cant say I did like it very much, and I cant understand all the hype around the movie.
nhuabo
I have saw it long before since it is out.
It is hard to understand I think.
And all days it is in dark,A great depression on me.
Some thing not good.
Deenah
Well I read the book and thoroughly enjoyed it and found the whole idea fascinating (that pentacle story was pretty fantastic). I do think the ending was pretty crap though, I would have liked them to have found something wonderful at the end and caused a huge rumpus. I have recently seen the film and didn't think it was as good as the book although it was watchable and passed on an hour or so. Tom Hanks saved the day, he can do no wrong.