FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New features (not to do with the forum).

Marston
I'm just going to go ahead and suggest that FriHost develops some new features on the main site, because it's missing stuff that most hosting sites have. For instance: Server status page, more detailed hosting information, and some vital statistics (how many people hosted, how old FriHost is, how many servers, etc.).

Yeah.

Or, you could release the new layout.

Mostly, I say this because I doubt most people (by looking at the homepage) get the impression that FriHost is the real deal - that this isn't a scam, and that FriHost will be around for a long time. I mean, the main site looks like it was slapped together, without any real considerations about typography, screen real estate, or aesthetic design, you know? Not to be too critical, but if you guys want to get really serious about being recognized as the best free host forever, you're going to have to look the part.
TeenZine
I couldn't agree more the main page made me think twice about signing up for frihost. IM so glad I did though
NjRocket
i'm pretty sure they have a server status page, it just isnt updated that often lol.
Scorpio
NjRocket wrote:
i'm pretty sure they have a server status page, it just isnt updated that often lol.

then if that is the case, there is no purpose having one
billybob
yeah i agree with the stistics page with ifo on whats up, also server information would be nice to see what spec the servers are etc
Marston
Yeah, there are ways to view what the servers have in DA and CPanel, but it would be cool to show them off publicly.
StabWound
all of thoughs are very good ideas i like the layout idea becasue this one it so...normal lol
wumingsden
There was an "official" status page for Server 1 before the grand old server crash but it wasn't re-created. I have a server indicator in my site - www.mezmorizing.net/status - although to be honest the server indicators need to be hosted on a completely seperate server so they can work, and more importantly be noticed, when the servers are down. The main FriHost site is hosted on Server 1 which is also a little iinconvenient.
There have been numerous discussions about this between the staff, although nothing as yet to be coded.

As for the new layout, I take the 5th Cool
ltmas
Would it be possible to have free domain registration on this site? Question
Blaster
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=298401&highlight=#298401

Bondings answerd that there. Very Happy
adhoc
Well, Marston, why don't you go ahead and open an "Unofficiall Frihost redesign contest" thread in one of the design forums and we'll see if something nice pops up. If Bondings likes something, maybe he'll use that and give the designer a couple points.
wumingsden
adhoc wrote:
Well, Marston, why don't you go ahead and open an "Unofficiall Frihost redesign contest" thread in one of the design forums and we'll see if something nice pops up. If Bondings likes something, maybe he'll use that and give the designer a couple points.

He won't. If he wants members to create a design for the site then he'll open his own contest, trust me Wink
Marston
adhoc wrote:
I actually suggested that once.