FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Advices for my website

Lilystock
Hi,

I've been looking at the webmaster part of the forum but didn't find one for advice...

So now, I have just launch my website, but I still have many work to do on it.
And I'm so stressed that I don't know how to gather my priority.

So I'm seeking your help. Here are all the tasks I want to be done quickly, I would like you to help me order them by priority :

a- Add Paypal as payment
b- Send my newsletter so that people know that it is open (only friends as subscriber yet)
c- write some content as it is still quite empty in the informative side.
d- submit my website to some directories
e- subscribe to 2CheckOut to have CB payment in local currency.

Everything seem very urgent to me and let say that I take more than 1 day for each, because I'm also taking care of my baby at the same time (very difficult to concentrate when you can be interrupt all the time :-S )

Thanks in advance for your help !
Assiez
In order:
a- Add Paypal as payment
b- Send my newsletter so that people know that it is open (only friends as subscriber yet)

my opinion is that it's always better to compleatly finish a site before getting people to go there. If people visit and see a half finished site, chances are that they won't remember to check back at a later date for the fulll site.
dz9c
Assiez wrote:
In order:
a- Add Paypal as payment

my opinion is that it's always better to compleatly finish a site before getting people to go there. If people visit and see a half finished site, chances are that they won't remember to check back at a later date for the fulll site.

He's right, people are turned off when they see a site that is not finished. I know I would
NjRocket
yea, like my site, www,topsportlinks.frih.net , not many people want to see a site thats not finished. My isnt finished, but i'm always looking for feedback.
Summer
you shud completely builded your site first then only you Send newsletter , submit your website to some directories . Tats the way all ppl think of..
Mr Smith
Advertise your website
Advertise your website and get some feedback about it.

Does it not explain enough there? That means that you may ask for help in there... =/
Scorpio
Mr Smith wrote:
Advertise your website
Advertise your website and get some feedback about it.

Does it not explain enough there? That means that you may ask for help in there... =/

I agree with you all the way Mr Smith..

This is totally frustratiing and to add to it, I notice that the users are encouraging the poster. Evil or Very Mad
poet
I know for the time Ive been out here is build first advertise last. Meta tags do a good job of advertising if done correctly. Without substance on the site, I found you dont get many return visitors with out Content. The rest as in the paypal and stuff will be dictated by your visitors. One thing at a time I have found is the best way to go about building a site, also it doesnt all happen over night. Best of luck!
rhathar
I would STRONGLY advise getting your website to a publishable stage first. By that I mean add content.

It's a common downfall for people to say, "Well, once there's a strong community going it will be easy to update with more content." The problem is, there will NEVER be a strong community without previous decent content.

Good luck with everything you're doing, but I would put things in the following order:

** get feedback from them, and see what they think would make a good addition to your site **
a- Add Paypal as payment
** finish all the necessary things you'll want before the public at large sees it. Try to avoid major overhauls or updates when people are just getting used to it. **
** And you're public ** Smile

Good luck!
TeenZine
This is the wrong fourm. I would have a mod lock it and make it in the correct fourm.
Lilystock
TeenZine wrote:
This is the wrong fourm. I would have a mod lock it and make it in the correct fourm.

There is no forum for advice for the strategy to deploy a website. Advertising a website is only to make it known. It is in one of my question : should I advertise it yet. It would be strange to do so at the same time that I'm doing it, wouldn't it ?

I have already post on advertise your website, but the feedback I had as nothing to do with a methodology of how I should work.

I did look at the part concerning website and webmaster, but there is none where I thought my post had a place.

scorpio wrote:
This is totally frustratiing and to add to it, I notice that the users are encouraging the poster. Evil or Very Mad

Why are you so hard on me ? What am I doing wrong ?
It is not as if I was doing it the easy way out.

I just can't understand why people keep being so aggressive. Anyway, it is not as if I'm trying to sell you any products, you aren't even my market as I'm selling very specific products!

Thanks everyone else ! I'm working on the content right now as you advise it Very Happy It will never have enough contents, of course, but I'll try to have it "interesting" before doing some ad into local newspaper !

Thanks a lot for your help !!! Very Happy
Yazz
It is kind of true. The Advertisment forums are mostly for site which have some substance and then get some feedback. He's justified well enough to ask this here.

I hope it goes well with you.

Btw, rhathar, I agree with you, but it depends on what kind of people will be subscribed to the site. If they have little interest in a half finished site or if they really have bad input, you shouldnt let them decide how the rest of your site will be layed out... hell, I wouldn't let them taint my mind with ideas >.>

My site is actually not finished yet, but you wouldn't really realize it if you didn't hit certain areas. But majority of it is complete, and I'm updating it every now and again since I'm kind of tired of it right now and I have exams.

I'm considering a newsletter, for when I post up new content, but only cause my site is this complete. If it was just starting up with 2-3 pieces of content, I wouldn't bother with a newsletter just yet. I'd wait till I had about 7 pieces and then I'd start giving people the option to keep updated, as well as advertising it publicly.

Don't Forget To Make The Site PRETTY. That means for all screen resolutions (Except 640x480, no one cares about those sorry people anymore) and also for all web browsers, because some coding isn't cross-browser ready. Be sure to see it though Opera, Internet Explorer, Netscape and Firefox.

-Yazz
n0obie4life
Moved to advertise your website.
Lilystock
Hum.... what is your definition of advertising ?

I'm not happy here Crying or Very sad
Yazz
Oh well. I tried. lol.

No worries, it's not like the advertising section is only for completed sites, you'll just get a bunch more feedback. Remember, these forums are based around webhosting. So it's not like you're throwing this site on to a bunch of purely potential customers.

-Yazz
Lilystock
Yazz wrote:
Oh well. I tried. lol.

-Yazz

Laughing Thanks for your support Yazz, I really appreciate it Wink Laughing

Well, I guess that if big n0obie4life says so, I can not complain and will suffer in silence Wink