FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't Delete Folders

thpn
Every time I try to delete a file is says that it is not empty, but I can't get to the folder either so I can't empty it. Can someone tell me what's wrong?
Blaster
Make sure that that you delete the files in it. See if that works. Other wise i don't know what to tell you.
NjRocket
If you can't delete the folder, try getting on an FTP, you will easily be able to delete the folder that way. FTP is so much easier to upload and delete files.
varun_dodla
I even tried ftp but faced the same problem. The funny thing was that there were no files in the directory and still i kept on getting the same message "directory not empty".
Even i'm waiting for a solution to this.
n0obie4life
Make sure there is no .htaccess file.

you can check by going to Directadmin's File manager or allowing hidden files to be viewed on your FTP client.
kelvinpoon
Have to try to set the permission of your file?
If your file's permission is 6xx, then you cannot change anything about it, even if you want to open it!But you may set the permission (e.g. 755) first and try it again.
Bondings
It's most likely a 'hidden' file starting with a dot. You need to enable that option in your ftp program.