FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PS3 Release and Price!

DanielXP
Released on the 17 November to the UK

Price:

20GB hard drive: 340
60GB hard drive: 409

Thats a lot of money Confused
Donutey
but you get a blu-ray drive, and a top of the line computer that you can run linux on for USD $399.

Whenever new consoles come out they sell for less than they cost to make, and it's pretty much always a bargin.
xorcist
Wow lots of people might not be able to afford it the games there making are getting way to expensive now.
driftingfe3s
Donutey wrote:
but you get a blu-ray drive, and a top of the line computer that you can run linux on for USD $399.

Whenever new consoles come out they sell for less than they cost to make, and it's pretty much always a bargin.

No thats USD $500 for the lower package.

I head something about being able to run linux on it, but has that been confirmed. Got any links to that?
selim06
that's cheap i think because in Turkey PS2 is about 250$...
Josso
It'll get lower instantly. And people who brought the first PS2's (first week releases) were pretty screwed and their consoles were dead after about a month. I'd say wait a bit unless your a massive playstation fan or something.
euxapi
As a console, it's wayyy too expensive. As a computer, though, it'd be great. Running linux on it would be awesome...The graphics card is nice and the processor is pretty powerful. If it could be set up as a dual-boot system between linux and the PS3 bios, I would get it. As just a console, though, I think it's just too expensive.
photon
the launch price is way too high if you ask me.. 500$ for the basic model and that too with only 20gb space Shocked pretty dumb.. and by the time it is released in november, the xbox 360 would have been around for a year, and it would consolidate its position in the market..

and with lots of games for the xbox and a possible price cut, sony will have a tough time to push its ps3 through.. but no one can really predict hardcore gamers Wink for its awesome power, it will certainly appeal to those who have unlimited cash Wink
DanielXP
Whos got a PS2 here and it broke becoz a lot of people have been telling me about this but i dunno if its true becoz it has not happerend to me Rolling Eyes
jules
i cant wait for the PS3. I seen videos from this years E3 and it looks amazing. better start saving now though as it is very exspensive. Has anyone seen the new nintendo console? What are your thoughts on that?
Kelcey
For what you're getting, 600 dollars is about right... they just put too much in the system and screwed up. I don't wanna pay 600 dollars for all of that.
Mizzro
For those of you in america

Quote:
The Playstation 2 sold over 100 million hardware units and over 1 billion software units. We all know the PS2 was dominant. The PS3 will ship in November for $500 and $600 and by the end of March 2007, they will have shipped 6 million units.

You can get more information at http://www.e3insider.com
SGbilder
I will by this and use more as a computer with linux/ media station - than a playmacine Razz
tribe
I think Sony is trying to make a little too much profit off the sweatshops overseas... Trust me, these things should be $300 or less, but the profit is all they care about.

Sad Sad Sad.. I got a PSP, great thing, PS3, not for me.
idrather_not
I wouldn't pay that much for the PS3, because it looks poorly made and there aren't a lot of new things on it. I would much rather get the XBOX 360, and I'm not saying that because I'm some kind of XBOX lover, quite on the contrary, I love Playstation, and I hated the orginal XBOX, but this new XBOX is definatly worth my money. And I just love the way it looks.
Kelcey
driftingfe3s wrote:
Donutey wrote:

No thats USD $500 for the lower package.

I head something about being able to run linux on it, but has that been confirmed. Got any links to that?

Not only does it have linux, but they're supposedly promoting homebrewed games on the ps3. Joystiq ran a story on it this past week.
djsamsung
hhhm......this is one expensive console. Should be worth it? Coz E306 really impressed ppl all over the world with the PS3 Press Conference.

How much does it cost for a PS3 game? in UK....will it be very expensive? coz it's blu-ray.