FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you have AIDS, will you attempt suicide?

Jaime
I don't have AIDS but i think that i will do...

If i have AIDS I will die in short time, will be very painfull, i will never want to infect people then i don't have sex, i will a charge for my family, i see coming it the death second to second, affortunatly i am save and i will never have AIDS....

This post is for reflection about your life. This is my opinion, what is your?

mathiaus wrote:
Changed topic title
Scorpio
jaime wrote:

If i have AIDS I will die in short time, will be very painfull, i will never want to infect people then i don't have sex, i will a charge for my family, i see coming it the death second to second, affortunatly i am save and i will never have AIDS....

It is better to die straight away than suffering,

By suffering a lot, you manage to live for a few extra months, but the pain will be too much to bear..

I guess ending one's life is the best option at that stage
chirag
Even i think i will commit sucide. End the probs jst at that min.
[FuN]goku
i dont plan to get it.........
Scorpio
[FuN]goku wrote:

It is not like a coke can on a walmart shelf, waiting for you to be taken
manumiglani
<censored>
n0obie4life
I wouldn't.

I'll ask the doc to give me some mediciation which will cause me to die Wink.

It's better to just die than suffer.
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
I wouldn't.

I'll ask the doc to give me some mediciation which will cause me to die Wink.

Then, the doc will be booked and jailed for killing you..

Finally he will join you up there soon Laughing
n0obie4life
@scorpio

If you have permitted the doctor to do so, he wouldn't go to jail. It's called..(i forgot it's term).
mOrpheuS
scorpio wrote:
you manage to live for a few extra months, but the pain will be too much to bear..

I always found that statement very amusing.
"too much to bear" ...

Well, if you are bearing the pain, then it isn't really "too much to bear".
and if the pain is indeed "too much to bear", what exactly happens to you ?

I don't know why AIDS warrants running away or even suicide ... it's just but one of the many ways by which we can die.
And I don't believe it's any more painful then the rest of them.

We all go in due time anyway. Why not live it up while we are here ... AIDS or not ?

n0obie4life wrote:
I'll ask the doc to give me some mediciation which will cause me to die Wink .

Why not wait ?
A cure might just be around the corner ... Wink
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
@scorpio

If you have permitted the doctor to do so, he wouldn't go to jail. It's called..(i forgot it's term).

It is called euthanasia actually, but it must be legal in the country where you ask the doc..

I dont know about singapore I am afraid
condor666
I think it's a better thing to continue with a normal life it must be very difficult to realize, because you should think that you could die.
n0obie4life
scorpio and manumiglani, please, be mature.

Stop starting flame wars all around the forum.

I've removed the unneccsersary flame wars and sent warnings to both parties.
Vrythramax
I don't know how I would handle having AIDS, but I know that suicide, assisted or otherwise, would not be an option for me for many reasons, some religious, most otherwise. This is not cowardice, I fully understand that we all have to go sometime, I just don't know if I could up and leave my family like that. Way too many feelings there.

I know that each day we take a certain amount of risks in our lives...crossing the street, driving to work, even walking your dog, could end up in you getting killed in some freak accident....but to know as soon as I pull that trigger, or swallow that pill I am never going to see my family again? I don't think I have that in me.
DecayClan
If you can't bear the pain and you want to die, but don't want to suicide(because of religion), then(if you are in US), commit murder, and they will execute you...(although commiting murder is very bad for religion as well, but theoritically, you have time to repend, and ask for forgiveness before you die)... :LOL: Wink
Yazz
I'm jumping in randomly!

Max, depending on who you are and the surroundings you grew up in, not wanting to commit suicide can be seen as both cowardice or bravery. Some people think that you're too scared to die, others might think you're too scared to live.

Oddness.

Yeah, I haven't really read anything else in this thread. Except I noticed the word Euthenasia, which I'm certain is illegal in most developed countries. Some doctors like to play Angel Of Death though, but there are certain way to get around the laws for euthenasia, I don't know how though.

-Yazz
tidruG
manumiglani wrote:
I will just f**k couple of girls I hate.

I certainly hope you were kidding.
From a realistic perspective, I can state that it's unlikely that you'll be able to bed a person you hate. It would be pretty evident that if you hated them, they'd probably know and it's not really very sexually stimulating when you know that that person hates you Razz

Quote:
I will just bite some guys I hate.

You can't give AIDS by just biting. It's not rabies Confused

n0obie4life wrote:

voluntary Euthanasia.

mOrpheuS wrote:
And I don't believe it's any more painful then the rest of them.

Exactly! As far as I know, AIDS itself is not painful at all. The only thing that may cause *some* pain is if you contract some painful disease, in which case your body will not be able to fight it (obviously)

My 2 cents:
Whether or not I have AIDS, I'll continue to live, unless I had already decided to commit suicide anyway. Contracting AIDS or meeting any other major hardship should not change my attitude on whether I want to live or die.

As for suicide, I started a couple of threads on that, but both times, they fizzled out after the initial excitement of a new thread Razz.
manumiglani
tidruG wrote:
manumiglani wrote:
I will just f**k couple of girls I hate.

I certainly hope you were kidding.
From a realistic perspective, I can state that it's unlikely that you'll be able to bed a person you hate. It would be pretty evident that if you hated them, they'd probably know and it's not really very sexually stimulating when you know that that person hates you Razz

I will do that forcefully. Exclamation
tidruG wrote:

Quote:
I will just bite some guys I hate.

You can't give AIDS by just biting. It's not rabies Confused

I do not think you are much educated on AIDS. However, I can be wrong as always. You can even have AIDS on a simple Lips kiss with a AIDS sufferer if his/her gums are bleeding.

The condition is that one should bite with such a force that the other person should bleed.
mOrpheuS
manumiglani wrote:
I do not think you are much educated on AIDS. However, I can be wrong as always. You can even have AIDS on a simple Lips kiss with a AIDS sufferer if his/her gums are bleeding.

The condition is that one should bite with such a force that the other person should bleed.

Let' see ...

"Lips kiss with a AIDS sufferer" = healthy person's saliva and infected person's blood.
"bite with such a force that the other person should bleed" = infected person's saliva and healthy person's blood.

Idea

As far as I know, Saliva is not the medium for transferring HIV.
Anyway, it's not a matter of AIDS education, it's more of common sense Wink

You'll not succeed in your untra-constructive plans, but you'll definitely get booked for assault.

manumiglani wrote:

Bravo ! What fun it will be to spend the rest of your (short) life in prison due to what you hate ... instead of using the time to cherish what you love.
Vrythramax
DecayClan wrote:
If you can't bear the pain and you want to die, but don't want to suicide(because of religion), then(if you are in US), commit murder, and they will execute you...(although commiting murder is very bad for religion as well, but theoritically, you have time to repend, and ask for forgiveness before you die)... :LOL: Wink

the main probem with this theory is as mOrpheuS pointed out...you would get to spend the rest of your short life in prison. In the US it takes anywhere from 8-15 years to actually put someone to death that has been sentenced that way (all available avenues of appeal must be exhausted first)...and I would still be without my family. As for religious concerns, wouldn't you still be commiting suicide, only in this circumstance by proxy? I don't think God would recognize the "grey area" here.

I'll take my chances on a cure. If some see that as cowardice, I can't stop them...I prefer to think of it as love of family.
wumingsden
Anyone in this thread actually chronically/terminally ill ? If so I'd like to hear your opinion.
manumiglani
mOrpheuS wrote:
manumiglani wrote:

Let' see ...

"Lips kiss with a AIDS sufferer" = healthy person's saliva and infected person's blood.
"bite with such a force that the other person should bleed" = infected person's saliva and healthy person's blood.

Idea

Anyway, it's not a matter of AIDS education, it's more of common sense Wink

hah! I do not know why people talk aggressively about the thing which they know nothing or less about. I am working as a aids awarness volunteer spreading awareness about aids among students in various colleges across north India. who says saliva is not the medium for transferring HIV ? who ever says this is wrong. saliva is definately a medium for transferring HIV but is some cases protein in saliva destory the HI virus. And please do not make cheap comments.

straight from red cross website -
Quote:

There is a possibility that HIV could be spread through saliva.
There have been a few cases in which biting has caused HIV infection. From an investigation of a human biting incident, a state health department reported that the evidence suggested that HIV was transmitted through blood to blood contact in mouth. Other reports in the medical literature have noted that a human bite appeared to have transmitted HIV

I can also make my gums to bleed before biting them. Cool

Quote:
You'll not succeed in your untra-constructive plans, but you'll definitely get booked for assault.
I will definately succeed in this if I want to.
hah!!!!!! you made me laugh man by this line. Booked for assault ? me ?

And also, the person who knows he/she is dying does not care about any charges etc.........

Quote:

manumiglani wrote:

Bravo ! What fun it will be to spend the rest of your (short) life in prison due to what you hate ... instead of using the time to cherish what you love.

Man........... First of all I will not be booked. If so, Then the case will go on for years and years, and a person with such a short life does not care a damn about this.
mOrpheuS
manumiglani wrote:
who says saliva is not the medium for transferring HIV ? who ever says this is wrong. saliva is definately a medium for transferring HIV but is some cases protein in saliva destory the HI virus.

Not proteins, they're called "anti-bodies". Wink

manumiglani wrote:
straight from red cross website -
Quote:

There have been a few cases in which biting has caused HIV infection. From an investigation of a human biting incident, a state health department reported that the evidence suggested that HIV was transmitted through blood to blood contact in mouth. Other reports in the medical literature have noted that a human bite appeared to have transmitted HIV

"blood to blood contact".
I thought we were talking about Saliva here Confused

Anyhow, I'll complete the text you quoted :
Quote:
In 1997, CDC published findings from a state health department investigation of an incident that suggested blood-to-blood transmission of HIV by a human bite. There have been other reports in the medical literature in which HIV appeared to have been transmitted by a bite. Severe trauma with extensive tissue tearing and damage and presence of blood were reported in each of these instances. Biting is not a common way of transmitting HIV. In fact, there are numerous reports of bites that did not result in HIV infection.

You may find the the last highlighted sentence relevant to your spread-the-disease mission.
Not the best of strategies, in my opinion. (see footnote)

And here's more :
Quote:
HIV has been found in saliva and tears in very low quantities from some AIDS patients. It is important to understand that finding a small amount of HIV in a body fluid does not necessarily mean that HIV can be transmitted by that body fluid. HIV has not been recovered from the sweat of HIV-infected persons. Contact with saliva, tears, or sweat has never been shown to result in transmission of HIV.

From the CDC's HIV fact sheet

manumiglani wrote:
I can also make my gums to bleed before biting them. Cool

Ah ... just an insignificant microscopic detail you must have overlooked in your planning before.
If you noticed ... I derived those two equations using the details that you provided.
You never thanked me for "reminding" you of the little detail, by the way. This "may" prove critical to your mission. Wink

manumiglani wrote:
And please do not make cheap comments.
manumiglani wrote:
Man........... First of all I will not be booked.

Err ... why can't you be booked ? Missed out on some more microscopic details again ?
But those were some very valuable retorts, I must admit ...

manumiglani wrote:
And also, the person who knows he/she is dying does not care about any charges etc.........

If so, Then the case will go on for years and years, and a person with such a short life does not care a damn about this.

Does the person with such a short life care about the fact that he remains in police custody while the case goes on for years and years ?
Remember, the lockup cells may not be air-conditioned. Twisted Evil

manumiglani wrote:
I am working as a aids awarness volunteer spreading awareness about aids among students in various colleges across north India.

The AIDS awareness volunteer who plans to bite people and rape women to spread his "awareness".
Love the irony. Laughing

p.s. - By the way, you can also just shoot other people with guns all the same.
Much higher chances of "success" ... and as you say, you're immune to any kind of legal action anyway. Razz
manumiglani
I do not know why clueless people just jump around quoting sources to prove that they are right. Anyways, I will clear your doubts.

mOrpheuS wrote:
manumiglani wrote:
who says saliva is not the medium for transferring HIV ? who ever says this is wrong. saliva is definately a medium for transferring HIV but is some cases protein in saliva destory the HI virus.

Not proteins, they're called "anti-bodies".

Well just to clear your facts, anti-bodies are in reality protein molecules that are produced by wbc ( white blood cells ) in our body. hope you get that.

Quote:
I thought we were talking about Saliva here

yeah I am talking about Saliva here.

Quote:

please see that the text from red cross website clearly states hiv could be transmitted by saliva. Anyways I have to agree that there are no reports of hiv infection from saliva.

Quote:
In fact, there are numerous reports of bites that did not result in HIV infection.

I do not know where did you get that from, But its certainly not the text I quoted. ALso, it really depends on how you bite. Rolling Eyes

Quote:

You never thanked me for "reminding" you of the little detail about making your gums bleed, by the way.

I had that in my mind before too. But anyways, Thank you very much.

Quote:
Err ... why not ?
Because you will certainly not like my cheap comments and regret it.
Quote:

Does the person with such a short life care about the fact that he remains in police custody while the case goes on for years and years ?

Ah! not again....... simply do not want to comment on this except that there is a term called "bail". you can search it on google.
Quote:

Remember, the lock-up cells may not be air-conditioned.

I don't about the ground realities there as I have never been in lock-up cells. You must know more about them as you may have some experience being in there. Laughing
Quote:

The AIDS awareness volunteer who plans to bite people and rape women to spread his disease (or was it spreading awareness ?).

I will certainly leave that job after I found that I am suffering from HIV. Well I am probably not going to be HIV+ anyways.

Quote:

By the way, you can also just shoot other people with guns all the same.

Nah, I do not wanna take your job. Thats best suited to you and Osama only.
Exclamation

Quote:
Much higher chances of "success" ... and as you say, you're immune to any kind of legal action anyway.

I haven't said that I am immune. It really depends under what charges I am booked in. I do not think I can walk away from judiciary after shooting people. Also, I do not want to kill people I hate, I want to make them suffer. thats it.
mOrpheuS
manumiglani wrote:
I do not know why clueless people just jump around quoting sources to prove that they are right. Anyways, I will clear your doubts.
manumiglani wrote:
I do not know where did you get that from, But its certainly not the text I quoted.

CDC is not an acceptable source of information ?
The reason I didn't quote from your source is that you never shared it.
Please don't "jump" to conclusions based on that.

manumiglani wrote:
yeah I am talking about Saliva here.
manumiglani wrote:
Anyways I have to agree that there are no reports of hiv infection from saliva.

And despite that you negate my derivation that infected saliva mixing with healthy person's blood stream will not infect the person ?

manumiglani wrote:
ALso, it really depends on how you bite. Rolling Eyes

Let me remind you how you bite :
manumiglani wrote:

How could I not guess that when you said "the other person", you actually meant "the other person and my gums" ... Rolling Eyes

manumiglani wrote:
Quote:
Err ... why not ?

Because you will certainly not like my cheap comments and regret it.

I was asking why you couldn't be booked.
Anyway, I've updated my post to clear up that confusion.

manumiglani wrote:
You must know more about them as you may have some experience being in there. Laughing

manumiglani wrote:

Quoted for posterity. Cool
manumiglani wrote:
Thank you very much.

No ... Thank you very much ! Very Happy
DeFwh
jaime wrote:

If i was going to suicide i would probably proof read my note if i left one.

I would rather live with AID's if i ever did get them and help others. By killing youreself youve given up hope and saying that even though u still have life youll be CHEATING LIFE Dancing INSTEAD OF DEATH ( Twisted Evil or Angel )
manumiglani
mOrpheuS wrote:
Thank you very much ! Very Happy

Its completely my pleasure sir!
Liu
Just browsing through the thread I get the idea that the majority of you give up really easily.
DeFwh
except me. It would be kinda stupid to say the AID's didnt kill him, he did.

Also it sounds better when the AIDS kills you. THen u can be like damn AIDS and give ppl on a corner a dollar to help cure AIDS.

And so on
wumingsden
To be honest this thread seems a little ridiculous. If you are not ill then how can you know whether or not you'll think about suicide ?
Yazz
wumingsden wrote:
To be honest this thread seems a little ridiculous. If you are not ill then how can you know whether or not you'll think about suicide ?

Well if you're a previously positive suicidal, or still are suicidal, then you'd know.

I'm sorta in between being suicidal and just not caring if i die or not. But I'm a good person >.> Not god-fearing, but I certainly have no thoughts of rape or biting. Well... biting as a method of spreading disease <.<

Anyways, suicidals already know how much their life means to them, and I can honestly say that if I contracted AIDs, it wouldn't make me want to die anymore than I want to now. Which isn't saying much. But I wouldn't use it as an excuse to off-myself sooner. I'd just use it as a perogative to actually do the things in life that I want to do. Besides unprotected sex. And even if it was protected sex, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't risk it with the only girl I'd do it with. I love her too much to take a chance like that.

Basically I'd see the people I'd want to see and do the things I've always wanted to do. Like... Study Martial Arts properly. Fun as hell.

Same thing goes for me if I got cancer, but I wouldn't tell anyone about it or get it treated. If I get cancer, it's exactly what I should have gotten. I'll just enjoy life properly without worries about a future. Yep, think about a future without consequence, cause it'd technically be the end of your world.

Yay for semi-philosophy!

-Yazz
wumingsden
Yazz wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Well if you're a previously positive suicidal, or still are suicidal, then you'd know.

I'm sorta in between being suicidal and just not caring if i die or not. But I'm a good person >.> Not god-fearing, but I certainly have no thoughts of rape or biting. Well... biting as a method of spreading disease <.<

Anyways, suicidals already know how much their life means to them, and I can honestly say that if I contracted AIDs, it wouldn't make me want to die anymore than I want to now. Which isn't saying much. But I wouldn't use it as an excuse to off-myself sooner. I'd just use it as a perogative to actually do the things in life that I want to do. Besides unprotected sex. And even if it was protected sex, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't risk it with the only girl I'd do it with. I love her too much to take a chance like that.

Basically I'd see the people I'd want to see and do the things I've always wanted to do. Like... Study Martial Arts properly. Fun as hell.

Same thing goes for me if I got cancer, but I wouldn't tell anyone about it or get it treated. If I get cancer, it's exactly what I should have gotten. I'll just enjoy life properly without worries about a future. Yep, think about a future without consequence, cause it'd technically be the end of your world.

Yay for semi-philosophy!

-Yazz

I kind of disagree. I believe that if someone suicidal (depressed) might come out of it if they realised that they haven't got long to live. I mean wanting to die is quite a major thought, but wanting to live whilst terminally ill is an even bigger one, not to mention a great achievement. They might eventually come to their senses and realise that there life could be so much better if only they tried twice as hard.

The point I'm trying to get across is that healthy people see that having a a disease is a bad thing whilst it may not be as bad for the person that actually has it
Jaime
The cancer doesn't so terrible, if the cancer is detected in the initial state then it have so much posibilities of to be nice...
Jack_Hammer
mOrpheuS wrote:
Well, if you are bearing the pain, then it isn't really "too much to bear".
and if the pain is indeed "too much to bear", what exactly happens to you ?

You blackout, body cannot 'bear' the pain therefore you blackout.
yule
The AIDS is fearful, may favor this sickness to present also nobody, but do not have to die, I want to be supposed with illness revolt.
Vrythramax
I know for a fact that if the pain is too great certain parts of the brain shutdown and you really can't feel much at all...it's really wierd, you can feel grass under you, but not your own nose if you try to touch it. Them endorphins (spelling?) are pretty cool also.

Many in this thread have claimed they would commit suicide if they had a terminal illness like AIDS, all I can say is that it is very easy to say you would kill yourself...until you are actually confronted with the reality and finality of death itself. Most people who set out to kill themselves don't actually go through with it, some are just looking for attention yes, but others really did want to die and changed thier minds at the last moment.
seanooi
i would probably call my girlfriend, tell her that i'll love her, but not to miss me, call my family, and do the same thing, go to the hospital, and let the doctor put me to sleep for good.

I think that it'd be best to die than to risk affecting someone else. Wink
Scorpio
jaime wrote:
The cancer doesn't so terrible, if the cancer is detected in the initial state then it have so much posibilities of to be nice...

Right, But in aids, testing HIV + is the first stage..

Since there is no cure, you are gonna die sooner or later
tidruG
@manumiglani, I think it's rather pitiable that someone who works as a AIDS awareness volunteer for several colleges has thoughts of passing on the disease by raping or biting people till they bleed.
I won't debate with you on the specific issues regarding infection or etc, but rather on moral/ethical issues.

You want to rape a couple of girls you hate, bite a few men, get your ass out of jail by bail or any other means possible, and then stagnate the case while you live out the rest of your pathetic life which you don't deserve to live (assuming you rape and bite with the intention of giving someone AIDS)? I must ask, in all seriousness, though, whether you like your job? Are you dedicated to it?

Next point. Do you care about people. manu? For example, let's say your family or your close friends? DO you think they'll still love and respect you and cherish your life if you intentionally rape and bite people with the intention of giving them the one disease you have fought against in your job?

Also, there is such a thing as non-bailable arrest warrant. Intentional double-rape can sometimes (and in my opinion, should always) result in one of those. Look up Google if you haven't heard of non-bailable warrants.

And one more thing. What's with the attitude?
statusfashions
FIrst Of All I believe in
" Prevention Is Better Than Cure "
Yes. It is must . One should take care for preventing such a disease.
Be faithfull to your partner( if you have one)
Always take care in your medical doses.
Do not go for drugs.
I cant remember others.
If at all after taking such care you are a victim of this disease, look out for the life saving drugs.
dont worry,
medical pharma companies are looking for cure of this disease. and i think it will be avialable shortly.
and remember, you do not die immediately from this disease , so by the time you will detect this disease, you will have cure in your hand
manumiglani
tidruG wrote:
@manumiglani, I think it's rather pitiable that someone who works as a AIDS awareness volunteer for several colleges has thoughts of passing on the disease by raping or biting people till they bleed.
I won't debate with you on the specific issues regarding infection or etc, but rather on moral/ethical issues.

You want to rape a couple of girls you hate, bite a few men, get your *** out of jail by bail or any other means possible, and then stagnate the case while you live out the rest of your pathetic life which you don't deserve to live (assuming you rape and bite with the intention of giving someone AIDS)? I must ask, in all seriousness, though, whether you like your job? Are you dedicated to it?

Next point. Do you care about people. manu? For example, let's say your family or your close friends? DO you think they'll still love and respect you and cherish your life if you intentionally rape and bite people with the intention of giving them the one disease you have fought against in your job?

Also, there is such a thing as non-bailable arrest warrant. Intentional double-rape can sometimes (and in my opinion, should always) result in one of those. Look up Google if you haven't heard of non-bailable warrants.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .......... I really can't stop laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hey man chill out. I am not going to do that even if I get infected with hiv. Life is playing with me all the times. So, sometimes I crack dam bad jokes or say some crazy things. Anyways, I was only kidding. I think mOrpheuS knows that too. Do you mOrpheuS ? Anyways, I can't even take that you really thought that I am going to do that when infected from hiv.

Quote:
I must ask, in all seriousness, though, whether you like your job? Are you dedicated to it?

Well tidruG,
Its not a job. I am computer engineering student. I am not paid for it and I do not even want to get money for doing such a thing. Also, I love doing this and commited to do that atleast till I am in college. Although, I have to shameless sometimes Embarassed

Quote:
Look up Google if you haven't heard of non-bailable warrants.
Do you really know when non-bailable warrents are issued ? Idea AH! what can i Say

Anyways thanks for your post. I can't even stop my laugh reading this and it really helped me to get over my bad mood ( as usual ).
Ray Gravin
This is a hard one to tackle. On one hand you have the idea that death would be better then suffering through a painfull life. On the other you have the idea that there may not be anything else after death. I geuss if you have faith in some esoteric system of spirit and soul then its easier to take living for granted.

I personaly find the idea of dying very frightening. I personaly dont believe in an afterlife. I have a tough time beleiving in anything I dont see physical evedence of. With that in mind death would mean the end of this existance for me, and this existance is the only thing ive ever known or thought I knew. That really freaks me out, I understand that we all die someday but I wont be speeding up to get there if I can help it.

To put it simply, I guess I would just suffer as long as possible untile I died unovoidably from the desease. I value my life that much, even my suffering is a beautifull experience. Of course that may change givin diffrent cercumstance?
maths
I dun have aids but I have hep c

life goes on!

jaime wrote:

mathiaus wrote:
Changed topic title
Whong
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

By suffering a lot, you manage to live for a few extra months, but the pain will be too much to bear..

If you kill yourself, its straight to Hell, your soul will anyway burn in Hell forever if you kill yourself! If you suffer and accidently happen to find Christ and get saved, though you now suffer you will go to Heaven after your sufference!

People don't be hasty and make rash decidions about suicide, its crazy! Idea
wumingsden
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

If you kill yourself, its straight to Hell, your soul will anyway burn in Hell forever if you kill yourself! If you suffer and accidently happen to find Christ and get saved, though you now suffer you will go to Heaven after your sufference!

I'm sorry but are you actually that dilluded ? Tell me, do you have any illnesses ?
Shiva
manumiglani wrote:
I will just f**k couple of girls I hate. I will just bite some guys I hate. Thats it.

I got to say, I respect you for that!! that is cool!! Wink

And i think I would do some of the same, but also, I would rob a bank, buy a limosine, live the rest of my live as good and rich as possable, and then at last, maybe jump out from a large bridge Wink
skygaia
I don't know well about 'AIDS'
I was just told that it's very seriou and terrible disease in the world.
and there are so many people who are suffering with it.

if I get AIDS, hm.... I'm not sure what i will do.
But I always think my life is given by God and He has a plan for me even though I get serious diseases like AIDS.

I'm not strong. so if it comes true to me, I don't know what I will do.
However, I'm trying to do my best to live.

Now, I just hope it will not happen to me.. ^^
mOrpheuS
tidruG wrote:
manumiglani wrote:
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .......... I really can't stop laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Shocked ???

manumiglani wrote:
Quote:
Do you really know when non-bailable warrents are issued ? Idea AH! what can i Say

Rape is a non-bailable offence in India, just like most other places.

tidruG says he's not much concerned with the specific issues regarding infection etc., but I am.
Speaking of which, you only replied to my greetings. But avoided all the other points/questions in my last post Wink ...

manumiglani wrote:
I think mOrpheuS knows that too.

You presume too much about me ... including my thoughts, my criminal records and my connections with terrorists.
Any particular reason behind that ?
alkady
Well I think it's more wise to finish it fast, So yes, It's best to kill yourself instead of going thru the pain and the hardship of having aids.

Plus you can do all you always wanted to do that you never dared to do. Insult your boss, Do crazy things, Go on a vandalism spree against all your past and present enemies and so on, The possibilities are endless. It reminds me of this video about this guy who was terminally ill, He filmed his last moments doing all sorts of crazy things, Screaming F*** non stop in public areas, Heck he gave S*** to his boss and even S***ted on his bosses desk with real S***. Whats funnier is he even provoke an insult war with a shop owner that once Screwed him by ripping him off, What he did was he messed his store up. And finally my favorite part, He actually when near a restaurant and grabbed all the spaghetti on this patrons plate and ate it and even offered her some of her food. Hilarious.
spelbound
Although AIDS is still a fatal disease, over the past years it has become a managealbe disease. Its very interesting to read what people say on this subject. However, in my opinion, not matter what the circumstances are, suicide is not the answer.

I live in a big city, and I have volunteered to The AIDS committee here, and I know people that have lived long and healthy lives. Some still 15 years later and they are still here with no suffering and pain. Sure there are side effects to the medications, but for most, these side effects are more of an inconvenience than anything else.

Life is full of side effects anyways.

Look at Magic Johnson...He was diagnosed years ago, and is still living a good and healthy life.

To those that say they would commit suicide...my guess is that this idea would change if you were diagnosed with AIDS. Your head space would be completely different, and your perspective would change.

Suicide would only take away your chances at the possibility of a cure, or better treatment. Lets say for example, you contracted the virus today. You would be symptom free for up to 15 years, and what if during that 15 years, they found a cure? Would you give up that chance by saying goodbye to this world. Medical advances are much faster than they have ever been before. There is a good chance that they will find it.

But suicide would eliminate that chance.

Something to think about.

Finally, AIDS is something that is transmitted through unprotected sex. When having sexual relations with others, always assume they carry the virus. With that in mind, you would always ensure that safe sex is the only way. This motto or assumption has kept me healthy.

AIDS is no longer a death sentence...it is a change in life. And people that have contracted the virus, are no different than anyone else. They too can have healthy productive lives.

Remember...no glove...no love

cheers
spyrorocks
Well, i am Christian and in the Christian religion, suicide is a considered a sin. Therefor, i would just have to bear the pain until i died.
Jaime
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

I'm sorry but are you actually that dilluded ? Tell me, do you have any illnesses ?

who?? me??
if it's me i'm healthful, Single it wanted to reflect that the life is necessary to take care of it and love it so much.
Jaime
Really I don't think that the cure for the AIDS comes in next 50 years or more. In fact there are news medicines that act of different form and prolong the life still more but are expensives.

By its same molecular structure, there is no vaccine against AIDS, only treatments that prolong the life and all disease that we suffer equal shortens the life to us. But the AIDS prearranges to more diseases and cancers, limit to you almost in their totality in the society, many friends will move away and understands, they are not wanted to infect, therefore you thinks about the personal consequences that it would bring this dissease...
Scorpio
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Jeez..

Are you some religious fanatic..

If so I must apologize for hurting your sentiments

@Jaime

He was not referring to you, he was asking whong
saiyeek
C'mon AIDS is not the end of this world../

There are more serious disease than AIDS, AIDS doesn't kill you.

C'mon and stop calling AIDS coz the initial stage is HIV positive stage which can be a long way to go.. You can do a lot of thng during that period........

And HIV is not always about borne from unsafe sex.... c'mon why should you think that. Any body can catch AIDS, there are different other routes as well.

These kinds of questions like will you suicide after getting AIDS only will discourage the HIV victims making them to feel HIV is end of this world. wE SHOULD CREATE AWARENESS C'MON.
Scorpio
saiyeek wrote:

There are more serious disease than AIDS, AIDS doesn't kill you.

Then what does it do to us>?
Gives us a couple of billion bucks and a healthy life?
Quote:

C'mon and stop calling AIDS coz the initial stage is HIV positive stage which can be a long way to go.. You can do a lot of thng during that period

That is right, after you overcome the shock and pain
Quote:

And HIV is not always about borne from unsafe sex.... c'mon why should you think that. Any body can catch AIDS, there are different other routes as well.

Perhaps so, but it certainly does not mean it is floating in the air and everybody gets it.
It is that AIDS results mostly from unsafe sex

Quote:
These kinds of questions like will you suicide after getting AIDS only will discourage the HIV victims making them to feel HIV is end of this world.

I dont understand how. It is only being asked if they will or not.

We are not asking them to end their life or talk about how it would be better for them if they did so.
Quote:

wE SHOULD CREATE AWARENESS C'MON.

yes that we should do
manumiglani
mOrpheuS wrote:

manumiglani wrote:
Quote:

Hah! man so there are persons who are training me or giving me information about law and aids. I know propably more than these things about anyone in the forums. However, I can be wrong as usual.

Well do you know when non-bailable warrents are issued ? Non-bailable warrents are issued only when the the accused does not obey the bailable warrant and the magistrate/judge is sure of this. Non-bailable warrents aren't issued in every case of intentional rape.
Quote:

a non-bailable warrant issued without a preceding bailable warrant, is not in accordance with the scheme of the criminal procedure code and hence illegal

Quote:
tidruG says he's not much concerned with the specific issues regarding infection etc., but I am.

cdc is definately a acceptable source of information. But u said that you are quoting it from the source I quoted from. how can you quote from the source which you never know? Anyways I mentioned it that it is quoted from redcross's website.
Quote:

I was asking why you couldn't be booked.
I haven't said that I can't be booked but the persons who commit Intentional and planned crimes are not booked that often.
Quote:

Speaking of which, you only replied to my greetings. But avoided all the other points/questions in
I can't do anything if you keep on editing your posts and add your points/questions
Quote:
Last edited by mOrpheuS on Wed May 10, 2006 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total
but I have tried to comment on all. Also, I do not really comment on all the points/questions.
Quote:
How could I not guess that when you said "the other person", you actually meant "the other person and my gums" ...

It depends on how you bite.
mOrpheuS wrote:
my criminal records and my connections with terrorists.
My was only a guess, the truth can only be revealed by you.
mOrpheuS
manumiglani wrote:
a non-bailable warrant issued without a preceding bailable warrant, is not in accordance with the scheme of the criminal procedure code and hence illegal

This time I've located the source of your quote.
And once again I'd like to complete it for everyone's benefit :

Quote:
In case of a bailable offence, when the magistrate decided to issue a warrant, at the first instance he should issue only a bailable warrant — one containing an endorsement specified under Section 71 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. "Therefore, a non-bailable warrant issued without a preceding bailable warrant, where the offence is bailable, is not in accordance with the scheme of the criminal procedure code and hence illegal."

Notice the clauses about "bailable offence" that your so conveniently snipped out. Not only from the begining, but you cut out parts from in between ! Rolling Eyes
That sure lends a huge amount of credibility to your claims/boasts.

manumiglani wrote:
I know propably more than these things about anyone in the forums.

Uh huh.
Good assumption to start a debate with.
But don't bet on it.

manumiglani wrote:
Non-bailable warrents aren't issued in every case of intentional rape.

Tell us more about the cases of non-intentional rape.

manumiglani wrote:
cdc is definately a acceptable source of information. But u said that you are quoting it from the source I quoted from. how can you quote from the source which you never know? Anyways I mentioned it that it is quoted from redcross's website.

I never said that I quoted from the same source, merely that I was completing the text that you'd quoted.

But does the fact that I quoted from a different source render my derivations incorrect ?

That is :
Was I wrong to state that a "bite with such a force that the other person should bleed." will not result in HIV infection ?

manumiglani wrote:
I do not really comment on all the points/questions.

That's alright, but I was only hoping you wouldn't avoid the main point of the post.

manumiglani wrote:
I haven't said that I can't be booked

manumiglani wrote:

There. Rolling Eyes

manumiglani wrote:
I can't do anything if you keep on editing your posts and add your points/questions
Quote:
Last edited by mOrpheuS on Wed May 10, 2006 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total

I edited my post on 2:42 am ... You replied on 3:08 am
Rolling Eyes
Such flat lies only hurt the credibility of your words.

manumiglani wrote:
mOrpheuS wrote:
my criminal records and my connections with terrorists.
My was only a guess, the truth can only be revealed by you.

I was asking you of the basis of that guess/assumption.
blackheart
No, I'd never commit suicide. I would let nature take it course, and take the neccessary procautions.

AIDS doesn't kill you directly, and isn't anywhere near as "painfull" as many other diseases and medical "issues" in the world today.

Life is life. It would have to be better to live, and help those with the same/similar problem to you, than to take the easy way out and have them think there is no hope.
Whong
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Yes I have some allergies and they are not at all nice, but I just go on in the mercy of God, Who has already almost heald my allergies! Very Happy Laughing Laughing

I strongly believe in the things that the Bible tells me! Wink
Scorpio
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Yes I have some allergies and they are not at all nice, but I just go on in the mercy of God, Who has already almost heald my allergies! Very Happy Laughing Laughing

Good for you Whong!

But the least you can do is not criticise my decision Wink
manumiglani
mOrpheuS, I do not know how many times you change your post. Whay can't you stand still on your words. Thank God, I saw the changed post this time or I would have been called a liar again.

mOrpheuS wrote:
This time I've located the source of your quote.

You haven't this time also. You are wrong this time also. I quoted this from a book by SK MISHRA ( criminal law of India - Indian panel code ). If you don't believe it, then go and buy the book. That will only cost 200 INR however the printed price is 250 INR.

I have seen this link for the first time. I do not know if the author copy pasted it from IPC or from anywhere. I admit that I snipped out some parts from the source.

you are wrong as you can get a bail if you are a rape accused.
Quote:
Abhishek Kasliwal, the son of a leading city industrialist, was granted bail by the Bombay High Court Tuesday in the case of allegedly raping a 52-year-old woman at a textile mill in Mumbai last month. Source

Quote:
An Indian court granted bail on Friday to a South African judge accused of raping a fellow delegate in a Bombay hotel during an anti-globalisation meeting. source

Quote:

But don't bet on it.

I am not. I already stated I can be wrong.

Quote:

But does the fact that I quoted from a different source render my derivations incorrect ?

I said that you have quoted some text other than from the source from which I quoted. How could you complete it if you even do not know the source ? By stating that you are giving a impression that you are quoting the full text from the source I quoted from. Do mention that you are completeing it from any other source you found.

Quote:
Such flat lies only hurt
watchout Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
I edited my post on 2:42 am ... You replied on 3:08 am
I read your reply before you edited it and pressed quote button and then went to the next tab on my browser, read a full article there and then came back to the tab and replied to your post. I have to do this as I was on dail up at that time.

Aslo, do think twice before calling anyone liar. That will not make you look smart. Idea But it can really help you to feel smart.
Whong
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

I'm not criticising your decision, I'm just stating a fact of my belief, haven't you ever thought what happens when you die?
Scorpio
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

I'm not criticising your decision, I'm just stating a fact of my belief, haven't you ever thought what happens when you die?

Of course I wonder ..

But the fact is that instead of merely contemplating and wondering about the consequences, it would be better to know it.

Eventually you will be dying.

Why not earlier.Also, I think I would approve euthanasia than suicide since noobie suggested it
PS: The quoting design above looks cool
Whong
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

Of course I wonder ..

But the fact is that instead of merely contemplating and wondering about the consequences, it would be better to know it.

Why not earlier.Also, I think I would approve euthanasia than suicide since noobie suggested it

Yeah Laughing it does. I would not aprove of abortion neither of euthanasia nor of suicide! If you want to kill your self you must feel very low about yourself! I would never kill myself just for some sufference, but the choice is yours!
mOrpheuS
manumiglani wrote:
I admit that I snipped out some parts from the source.

You haven't merely "snipped out some parts" ... You've doctored it to the point that the very meaning of the law has changed.
You removed the clause about "bailable offence" just in an attempt use it where it isn't even relevant.

That's not exactly an honest or truthful way to debate.

manumiglani wrote:
Aslo, do think twice before calling anyone liar.

You wouldn't have to worry about that if you'd only be truthful in your words ... and if you didn't fabricate facts in an attempt to prove a point.
Maybe you should think twice before you do that, and be wary that someone might call your bluffs.

Fabricated evidence is not truthful ... what is not truthful is a lie.

manumiglani wrote:
watchout Evil or Very Mad

For ... ? Eh?

manumiglani wrote:
you are wrong as you can get a bail if you are a rape accused.

I am wrong ... on what account ?
What statement of mine is disproved by this ?
Please enlighten.

However I'm sure you'll agree that you're wrong on this account:
manumiglani wrote:
Non-bailable warrents are issued only when the the accused does not obey the bailable warrant and the magistrate/judge is sure of this.

And this:
manumiglani wrote:

Also, I hope you'll agree, your assumption that you will get off on bail after raping someone is wrong.

manumiglani wrote:
Quote:
I said that you have quoted some text other than from the source from which I quoted. How could you complete it if you even do not know the source ? By stating that you are giving a impression that you are quoting the full text from the source I quoted from. Do mention that you are completeing it from any other source you found.

Shocked What's that tangent about ?
I only asked you if difference of source rendered my derivation incorrect.

And you've avoided the main point yet again.

manumiglani wrote:
mOrpheuS, I do not know how many times you change your post. Whay can't you stand still on your words. Thank God, I saw the changed post this time or I would have been called a liar again.

If I do have some more points to add/remove from my post, what do you suggest I do ?
Does editing my posts mean that I'm not standing by what I mean ?

By the way, since you did notice my edited post, you could have edited yours or posted again to answer it ... and not made my edits an excuse for avoiding my points.

p.s. - I sure hope you won't avoid answering my question again.
wumingsden
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

Of course I wonder ..

Yeah Laughing it does. I would not aprove of abortion neither of euthanasia nor of suicide! If you want to kill your self you must feel very low about yourself! I would never kill myself just for some sufference, but the choice is yours!

Member Hat:
In my opinion once again a ludacris statement from you. You seriously have no idea do you? (this is not a direct question, more of a statement).
Suicide usually stems from depression, however, this thread is about terminal illnesses, not depression. If a person is ill it doesn't make them depressed. Why ? Because illnesses make us better people rather than people thinking that they know what its like to live our lifes - we are the Knowing.
I support euthanasia and suicide simply because it is their life, nobody elses. I do however believe like euthanasia is better in the sense that its more comforting. I think its absolutely ridiculous how people can be prosecuted to help a person commit it.

wumingsden wrote:
Tell me, do you have any illnesses ?

whong wrote:
Yes I have some allergies and they are not at all nice, but I just go on in the mercy of God, Who has already almost heald my allergies!

I do not consider allergies to be an illness as they can usually be cured (even as simple as chaging your lifestyle) so let me re-phrase the question:

Do you have any serious illnesses ? Are you chronically or terminally ill ? Can they be cured or will you most certainly die from them ?
Vrythramax
In the US you can be held without bail for a number of reasons, not the least of which include, but are not limited to:

1) Severity and nature of the crime committed
2) the likelyhood that you will repeat the offence or commit further crimes
3) flight risk (you may not show up for court)

given that the person involved had AIDS and it was a purposeful and deliberate (premeditated) attack meant to cause great bodily harm and [potential] loss of life...the first 2 items mentioned would certainly be taken into account.
meet in rio
To answer the original question: probably not.

I fear death more than I fear suffering, and besides... I wouldn't have the guts to go through with it.
Scorpio
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

Of course I wonder ..

Yes as you say the choice is mine.
But I think I'd opt for ending my life than putting up a brave face showing nothing is wrong when, in fact everything is. That would mean a lot less trouble to everybody around me. And also gives us a chance to experience early Post-life bliss

@Max: Yes indeed you are right. Attacking somebody when you have AIDS is obviously pre meditated and pre planned and not certainly committed in a moment of desperation.

Any self respecting judge would not grant the accused bail because of the simple reason that it was a deliberate and pre planned crime. A pre planned crime obviously means it was not done in some suddent burst of anger but due to revenge and the like
manumiglani
mOrpheuS wrote:

what other definations of a lie do you have ?

mOrpheuS wrote:
However I'm sure you'll agree that you're wrong on this account:

mOrpheuS wrote:

Where I am wrong at this ? plz specifiy.......... however I just forgot to add that one should make his/her gums bleed which I did add later.
manumiglani wrote:

mOrpheuS wrote:

So, do you mean that you can't get bail after commiting rape. If you do not mean that, what was your point ?
mOrpheuS wrote:

Also, I hope you'll agree, your assumption that you will get off on bail after raping someone is wrong
who says so ? if you, then you are wrong. You can get bail if you are a rape accused. I have already two cases in which rape accused were granted. See my last post for details.
So, I hope do you agree at this. Do you ?
Quote:
I only asked you if difference of source rendered my derivation incorrect
Can you tell me where i have rendered your derivation incorrect ?
Quote:

hah!....... I thought main point is about aids and sucide rather than your derivation.
mOrpheuS wrote:
what do you suggest I do ?
Confused
mOrpheuS wrote:
since you did notice my edited post
Shocked Ah really!!!! Did I ? who told you, by the way ?
Whong
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

Of course I wonder ..

Member Hat:
In my opinion once again a ludacris statement from you. You seriously have no idea do you? (this is not a direct question, more of a statement).
Suicide usually stems from depression, however, this thread is about terminal illnesses, not depression. If a person is ill it doesn't make them depressed. Why ? Because illnesses make us better people rather than people thinking that they know what its like to live our lifes - we are the Knowing.
I support euthanasia and suicide simply because it is their life, nobody elses. I do however believe like euthanasia is better in the sense that its more comforting. I think its absolutely ridiculous how people can be prosecuted to help a person commit it.

wumingsden wrote:

whong wrote:
Yes I have some allergies and they are not at all nice, but I just go on in the mercy of God, Who has already almost heald my allergies!

I do not consider allergies to be an illness as they can usually be cured (even as simple as chaging your lifestyle) so let me re-phrase the question:

Do you have any serious illnesses ? Are you chronically or terminally ill ? Can they be cured or will you most certainly die from them ?

I don't have any serious illness, I'm fine! As you said above that "I support euthanasia and suicide simply because it is their life, nobody elses" But you are held acountable to the one who has given you life!
Now may I ask, who do you think that is the giver of life? Laughing
wumingsden
Errr ... Confused .... are we on that god path again ?

Simply put, i don't understand why this thread was even opened. There are too many opinions when it really doesn't concern most of you. Whether or not a person wishes to die because of a terminal illnesses is frankly up to them, nobody else. This does not make them depressed, or weak, or anything else. In my opinion until you know what its like you shouldn't have a definite opinion.
Also, some people have said that suicide is a sin according to the bible, what rubbish (in my own opinion)
Whong
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

Of course I wonder ..

Member Hat:

wumingsden wrote:

whong wrote:

I don't have any serious illness, I'm fine! As you said above that "I support euthanasia and suicide simply because it is their life, nobody elses" But you are held acountable to the one who has given you life!

Quote:
But you are held acountable to the one who has given you life!

Do not understand this at all, are you talking about god again. Simply put my mother gave me life, not god,. I can however make my life how i want it to be.

Quote:
Now may I ask, who do you think that is the giver of life?

Simply put, i don't understand why this thread was even opened. There are too many opinions when it really doesn't concern most of you. Whether or not a person wishes to die because of a terminal illnesses is frankly up to them, nobody else. This does not make them depressed, or weak, or anything else. In my opinion until you know what its like you shouldn't have a definite opinion.
Also, some people have said that suicide is a sin according to the bible, what rubbish

If its wrong to kill someone else, isn't it also wrong to kill yourself, thats murder as any other murder! Idea
Vrythramax
@wumingsden

Interesting point you have, it is indeed up to the individual as to taking thier own life. I do have one question...is it ok to insult your beliefs and call them "rubbish" without fear of a ban or warning as a mere user, or is that priviledge reserved for Staff only?

BTW...if this thread bothers you, why do you post to it so much when you can simply lock the thread and be done with it.
wumingsden
Vrythramax wrote:
@wumingsden

Interesting point you have, it is indeed up to the individual as to taking thier own life. I do have one question...is it ok to insult your beliefs and call them "rubbish" without fear of a ban or warning as a mere user, or is that priviledge reserved for Staff only?

BTW...if this thread bothers you, why do you post to it so much when you can simply lock the thread and be done with it.

Quote:
I do have one question...is it ok to insult your beliefs and call them "rubbish" without fear of a ban or warning as a mere user, or is that priviledge reserved for Staff only?

It seems that many rules to the forums have been broken without consequence recently. I am not trying to add to it, but in my opinion it is rubbish - but thats exactly that, my own opinion. Forgive me, but if a person wishes to commit suicide, then it should be up to them. But for someone to say that its a sin for a terminallly ill person to want to die, shouldn't that also be considered in bad taste. I thought you should not judge, which Whong keeps on mentioning, but that is exactly whats happening.

Quote:
without fear of a ban or warning as a mere user, or is that priviledge reserved for Staff only?

Currently I have no warnings, I believe, so I know that I will not be banned. It has nothing to do with my status here at all. Please PM another member of staff to handle this issue if you believe that I should be issued a warning. A member of staff can recieve a warning by the way.

Quote:
if this thread bothers you, why do you post to it so much when you can simply lock the thread and be done with it.

It bothers me because there are people that are saying that its a sin for a terminally ill person to die on their own accord - this has nothing to do with anybody but the person who is ill. I could easily lock the thread, although i am not going to. I'm not particually sure why I haven't, or somebody else hasn't, locked it already. maybe the strong opinions are in its favour. i don't know Question

Edit - I forgot to mention earlier but this is all in my own opinion. Nobody elses. It seems however that members are being more harsh on the staff than they are on the registered members.

Edit (again) - It seems that the extra note isn't enough for some people. If your bothered then PM me or another member about it. Also note that as far as I am aware no post in this thread has been submitted for a warning.
Vrythramax
wumingsden wrote:
...Edit - I forgot to mention earlier but this is all in my own opinion. Nobody elses. It seems however that members are being more harsh on the staff than they are on the registered members.

It could have something to do with the fact that as a Moderator and Staff Member you are held to a different standard than a regular user. Like it or not, you are looked upon as being someone who knows the rules as you are the one that has to enforce them.
mOrpheuS
manumiglani wrote:
mOrpheuS wrote:

what other definations of a lie do you have ?

Why do you ask that ? Is that not good enough ? Or do you disagree with that ?
I hope you don't have doctored alternative definitions of "lie", just like your customized version of the IPC.

manumiglani wrote:
Quote:

Where I am wrong at this ? plz specifiy..........
Here:
manumiglani wrote:
however I just forgot to add that one should make his/her gums bleed which I did add later.

In the absence of that "negligible" addendum, that statement is indeed wrong.
That was the whole point of contention there : whether or not saliva can serve as a transmitting medium for HIV.
When your gums bleed, it's not the saliva, but rather the blood from your gums that transmits HIV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now let me point out where the problem lies.
It's in here :
manumiglani wrote:
manumiglani wrote:
who says saliva is not the medium for transferring HIV ? who ever says this is wrong.
You're disagreeing merely for the sake of a disagreement.
You are contradicting yourself again and again instead of accepting the incorrectness of your statements.

and again here :
manumiglani wrote:
manumiglani wrote:
I haven't said that I am immune.
manumiglani wrote:
I haven't said that I can't be booked
Dodging and contradicting yourself, but disagreeing nonetheless.

And yet again when I reminded you of arrest and lockups, you flame me by speculating on the time I've served and my connections with terrorists ...
And when tidruG reminded you of non-bailable warrants:
tidruG wrote:
there is such a thing as non-bailable arrest warrant. Intentional double-rape can sometimes (and in my opinion, should always) result in one of those.
but instead of accepting that you can indeed end up in the lockup for rape, you go on to challenge his level of knowledge :
manumiglani wrote:
Even though you fully understand that what tidruG said was completely correct.
And when I explain that rape can indeed get you in the lockup without bail, you resort to posting a fabricated IPC law in order to defend your point.

manumiglani wrote:
So, do you mean that you can't get bail after commiting rape. If you do not mean that, what was your point ?
Bail is at the discretion of the court.
There is no reason to assume that the magical "bail" will get out out of lockup after you commit rape, like you imply here :
manumiglani wrote:
mOrpheuS wrote:

Ah! not again....... simply do not want to comment on this except that there is a term called "bail".

manumiglani wrote:
Quote:
I only asked you if difference of source rendered my derivation incorrect
Can you tell me where i have rendered your derivation incorrect ?

Does that mean that you agree with the correctness of my derivation ?
Acceptance finally ?

manumiglani wrote:
Quote:
hah!....... I thought main point is about aids and sucide rather than your derivation.

The main point of whatever you were replying to.
And that would be my post, where you only replied with a greeting.

manumiglani wrote:
mOrpheuS wrote:
what do you suggest I do ?
Confused

Yes, that's a question aimed at you ... you're the only one I ever came across who had a problem with me editing my posts. Please give me a better alternative.

manumiglani wrote:
mOrpheuS wrote:
since you did notice my edited post
Shocked Ah really!!!! Did I ? who told you, by the way ?

Woudn't you have read atleast one of my earlier posts where I've pointed you back to that post and asked you to reply to the points that I raised there ?
bdoneck
I find this topic to be very stupid, but I will reply anyways

Killing yourself and cutting your own life short is not only, to me, morally wrong, but is also a murder. It doesn't matter that it is your own life that you are killing, you are killing someone therefore murdering yourself.

The fact is, a cure for the AIDs/HIV virus could come out at any minute and save your life and killing yourself destroys any chance you have of surviving AIDs and living out the rest of your life.
Blaster
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

Of course I wonder ..

Member Hat:

wumingsden wrote:

whong wrote:

Quote:

Do not understand this at all, are you talking about god again. Simply put my mother gave me life, not god,. I can however make my life how i want it to be.

Quote:

Also, some people have said that suicide is a sin according to the bible, what rubbish

If its wrong to kill someone else, isn't it also wrong to kill yourself, thats murder as any other murder! Idea

Yes that is totaly true. Its a shame but true. It is just like murder. Like i said it is a shame but what can you really do?
jabapyth
i just have to say: That is a huge quote. Shocked
ohfudge
Well, I don't think I would commit suicide if I found out that I had AIDS. I would probably help educate people until God wants me to come upstairs. I'd try to help promote safe sex, and remind teenagers that sex isn't everything there is to live for in life... There are far more better things...

_ohFUDGE! ( Elly Jean )
mceejaydee
As a christian I wouldn't. Suicide is a sin, I would take the pain rather then go to an even more place of pain.
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

Of course I wonder ..

Member Hat:

wumingsden wrote:

whong wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes that is totaly true. Its a shame but true. It is just like murder. Like i said it is a shame but what can you really do?

Suicide is actually against the law or for that matter attempting it. But once it is successful, nothing can be done. If it is not then you are gonna get screwed. But that is not really what a person with AIDS bothers about if he is feeling suicidal
manumiglani
mOrpheuS wrote:
Is that not good enough ?
Don't think anyone will beleive in your customized defination of a lie. however, You can make your definations but I do not think anyone will care a damn about them.
mOrpheuS wrote:

That was the whole point of contention there : whether or not saliva can serve as a transmitting medium for HIV.
I thought the point of debate is that a person can be hiv+ by a biting from a aids victim. He can be ofcourse if his/her gums are bleeding. I hope you agree to this.

mOrpheuS wrote:
And now let me point out where the problem lies
. You are creating problems yourself by quoting half of my text and removing the parts associated with it. So, you are a liar according to your own defination of a lie.
you are not getting straight on the point rather than playing with words to deviate the point of main discussion. Also, the problem lies some where close to you not at my end. Try to find out. Here are sonme exmaples, how you played with words quoting certain parts removing the main parts just to deviate from the discussion.
I wrote
manumiglani wrote:
please see that the text from red cross website clearly states hiv could be transmitted by saliva. Anyways I have to agree that there are no reports of hiv infection from saliva.

and you quoted
mOrpheuS wrote:
manumiglani wrote:

I wrote
manumiglani wrote:
I haven't said that I am immune. It really depends under what charges I am booked in. I do not think I can walk away from judiciary after shooting people. Also, I do not want to kill people I hate, I want to make them suffer. thats it.

and you quoted only the first line of this.
mOrpheuS wrote:

I haven't said that I am immune.

I wrote
manumiglani wrote:
Man........... First of all I will not be booked. If so, Then the case will go on for years and years, and a person with such a short life does not care a damn about this.
And you quoted only a single line of this and made it look like this.
mOrpheuS wrote:

I wrote
manumiglani wrote:
Here also, you just quoted the last line of my post just for proving a think I can't really understand.
mOrpheuS wrote:

So, you have just ripped text from my posts and quote the text you fell easier to reply to. By, doing this you have already proved yourself a liar by your own defination of lie.

And about this two statements-
manumiglani wrote:

Quote:
who says saliva is not the medium for transferring HIV ? who ever says this is wrong

you have ripped off the important parts. Let me complete it.
manumiglani wrote:

Quote:
who says saliva is not the medium for transferring HIV ? who ever says this is wrong. saliva is definately a medium for transferring HIV but is some cases protein in saliva destory the HI virus. And please do not make cheap comments.

Hope you got the text you quoted was randomly quoted from the text I text or was intentionally ripped of to present a different picture.... Also, the red cross website clearly states that saliva can is a medium for transferring hiv. Do you agree ?
But, it is detroyed by protein present in the saliva. Do you agree ?
mOrpheuS wrote:
I've served and my connections with terrorists ...
Probably you can give us more detail about this ?
Quote:
instead of accepting that you can indeed end up in the lockup for rape
Who told you that I didn't accept that ? I know that a rape can get anyone in lock-ups but said that anyone can come out on Bail.
Quote:
reason to assume that the magical "bail" will get out out of lockup
it simply depends on how you handle the case. I have already gave examples where the rape accused have been granted bail.
mOrpheuS wrote:
Does that mean that you agree with the correctness of my derivation ?
Can you repeat what really your derivation is ? I am sorry I thought this thread is about aids and sucide.
mOrpheuS wrote:

The main point of whatever you were replying to.
Oh really ! I thought the main point is what the author posts. I can be wrong however.
mOrpheuS wrote:
And that would be my post, where you only replied with a greeting.
I can't help it if you keep on editing your posts.
mOrpheuS wrote:
that's a question aimed at you
Shocked Is that ? Thats not my responsibility. IS it ? But, you can again quote your comments/questions in your latest post.
mOrpheuS wrote:
who had a problem with me editing my posts
I dont have any problem unless you keep on crying and making basless allegations that I avoided your earlier posts.
Quote:

Tell us more about the cases of non-intentional rape
I have never said that there is any kind of non-intentional rape. Do you think there are non-interntional rapes ? Provide more info about non-intentional rapes.
manumiglani wrote:
You can get bail if you are a rape accused. I have already two cases in which rape accused were granted. See my last post for details.
So, I hope do you agree at this. Do you ?

????????
mOrpheuS
Alright, this has been going on for too long ...
I'll ask you straight questions this time.
This should help us decide where we stand in this debate.

The two points of contention :
Arrow Bites

Reference
Red Cross wrote:
AIDS (a result of HIV infection) is caused by a virus (HIV). There are no known cases of saliva by itself spreading HIV (the virus that causes AIDS). The possibility that saliva can spread HIV is considered only theoretical because --
-> Saliva contains proteins that reduce the ability of HIV to infect cells.
-> Researchers very rarely are able to isolate HIV in saliva.
-> There are only small amounts of HIV in the saliva of people with HIV, even in the saliva of people with bleeding gums or sores in the mouth. However, there have been extremely rare cases of transmission by severe human bites, in which the HIV-positive person's saliva contained visible blood.
AND
Red Cross wrote:
there are no reported cases of HIV transmission from saliva only.

Firstly
mOrpheuS wrote:

I say this statement is correct.
Because Saliva has never been known to act as a transmitting medium, it's only the "visible blood" that is.
Do you agree or not ?

In reply
manumiglani wrote:
who says saliva is not the medium for transferring HIV ?who ever says this is wrong. saliva is definately a medium for transferring HIV but is some cases protein in saliva destory the HI virus.

I say this statement is incorrect.
Because it's not just "some" cases where the HIV is destroyed by antibodies.
And because Saliva by itself doesn't act as a medium.
It's the blood present in saliva that does.
Do you agree or not ?

Arrow Rape

Firstly
tidruG wrote:
Also, there is such a thing as non-bailable arrest warrant. Intentional double-rape can sometimes (and in my opinion, should always) result in one of those.

I say this is correct.
Because rape is a non-bailable offence, and it can indeed result in an non-bailable warrant.
Do you agree or not ?

In reply
manumiglani wrote:

I say this is incorrect.
Because this law is "missing" an important clause.
Do you agree or not ?

And lastly it'll be best that we all know the basis of some more statements made by you.
I'm not asking you about their correctness, but merely the basis of these statements ...
manumiglani wrote:
You must know more about them as you may have some experience being in there. Laughing

manumiglani wrote:

I believe these messages are incendiary and that this is flaming and should be reported.
Do you agree or not ?
What do you think that is, if not flaming ?

p.s. - Also it will be great if you can tell us all about the basis of these statements :
manumiglani wrote:
I know propably more than these things about anyone in the forums. However, I can be wrong as usual.
manumiglani wrote:
hah! I do not know why people talk aggressively about the thing which they know nothing or less about. I am working as a aids awarness volunteer spreading awareness about aids among students in various colleges across north India.
manumiglani wrote:
I do not think you are much educated on AIDS. However, I can be wrong as always.
carlokes
You can always go to a more radical method...you can choose to have your body frozen and wake up in a future where theres already a cure 100% effective for AIDS. Of course This method would imply a lot of other things, like separate from everyone you love and like...and it is a quite expensive method, as far as i'm concerned...
wumingsden
scorpio wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Whong wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Whong wrote:
scorpio wrote:
jaime wrote:

Good for you Whong!

Of course I wonder ..

Member Hat:

wumingsden wrote:

whong wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Suicide is actually against the law or for that matter attempting it. But once it is successful, nothing can be done. If it is not then you are gonna get screwed. But that is not really what a person with AIDS bothers about if he is feeling suicidal

This actually depends.

Quote:
No one wants to talk about it. But every family faces it. At stake is end-of-life care and the doctor-patient relationship. Oregon passed a law that allows dying patients to ask their doctor for a fatal dose of drugs to hasten their deaths.

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/zforum/02/health0312.htm

Also, right now, the House of Lords here in the UK are discussing a right-to-die bill:

Quote:
Britain's House of Lords will debate a controversial right-to-die bill on Friday that would permit doctors to help terminally ill patients to die.

The assisted dying bill would allow doctors to prescribe, but not administer, lethal drugs to patients who are suffering unbearably and have less than six months to live.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/713248

The verdict should be out between 5 - 6 pm GMT today. It is unlikely though that it will be passed due to a number of high people protesting against it including the Archbishop of Canterbury Dr. Rowan Williams. I can honestly see why people don't like it because of religious reasons, but surely you have to see the human side of it. If someone is in so much pain and hasn't got long to live surely they should have the right to die of their own accord ? I myself am ill, with a long list of diseases which cause great pain, and when I cannot bear to live any longer I would like the chance to die peacefully, not "commit suicide" because I dislike this term, the word euthanasia is a more appropiate one.

Note that I disagree with suicide if the person is depressed or mentally unstable, or if their in jail, etc. However, if the person is in such unbearable pain and know that the consequences are then i think they should have the legal right to die peacefully.

I think its quite sad what is happening at the moment. Family members of terminally ill people are having to take them to other countries like Switzerland for them in order to die oeacefully. I would like to die in dignity in my usual surroundings. Probably the most popular clinic in Switzerland is the Dignitas Clinic which is soon to open a clinic here in the UK due to popular demand. I think that this is a bad thing - they will obviously be private therefore making money from other peoples deaths with isn't right. I think a doctor should prescribe, but not administor, drugs to end life.
Scorpio
carlokes wrote:
You can always go to a more radical method...you can choose to have your body frozen and wake up in a future where theres already a cure 100% effective for AIDS. Of course This method would imply a lot of other things, like separate from everyone you love and like...and it is a quite expensive method, as far as i'm concerned...

Yeah! Like ehat if the ice melts?

Or perhaps the world will be littered with frozen corpses?

Also, the competition will probably lead people to offer body freezing services at throw away prices.

@Wumings
:

Yes I'd rather agree to euthanasia than suicide.

It does seem rather cowardly ending your life like that, than ending it in a more senile way
wumingsden
As previously predicted the House of Lords have rejected the Right-2-Die Bill, more news here:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195307,00.html
Jaime
Think that it is going to be left in a dying month and your family suffering much, knowing this you would do it?
Kai
I would never go suicide. Life is to precious we only get one chance, live it to your fullest no matter the outcome, ups or downs. Pussies quit.
laggy
Suicide is for people that can't face life and nothing to live for. Its the easiest way out! Most people do it because they cannot handle life or control themself. Lol if you have aids you die anyway? So make the most of that time. Sorry for the people who have aids. Remember freddie mercury. He made the most of his last days. Also think of all the people living in Africa. They have aids. Do they kill themselves no! They do there very best on looking after their love ones. So i would't kill myself! Even if i did have aids.
Vrythramax
laggy wrote:
Suicide is for people that can't face life and nothing to live for. Its the easiest way out! Most people do it because they cannot handle life or control themself. Lol if you have aids you die anyway? So make the most of that time. Sorry for the people who have aids. Remember freddie mercury. He made the most of his last days. Also think of all the people living in Africa. They have aids. Do they kill themselves no! They do there very best on looking after their love ones. So i would't kill myself! Even if i did have aids.

With all due respect, Freddie Mercury had the luxury of the finest medicines, and treatment. He was able to enjoy his last days in a mannor he was acustomed to. He is not exactly the person you should be quoting. What about the poor slob who has no money and has lost all hope?

I do not support suicide, but your post is exceedingly inaccurate. A rich person has advantages the common person can not relate to.
mOrpheuS
Vrythramax wrote:
With all due respect, Freddie Mercury had the luxury of the finest medicines, and treatment. He was able to enjoy his last days in a mannor he was acustomed to. He is not exactly the person you should be quoting. What about the poor slob who has no money and has lost all hope?

I do not support suicide, but your post is exceedingly inaccurate. A rich person has advantages the common person can not relate to.

The only thing that Freddie probably didn't have would be the modern day medical advancements.
Although, neither does the poor slob, even in this date. Confused

It's hard for ordinary people to look up to their role-models ... when the role models look nothing like ordinary. Wink
Lied
Imho you cannot enjoy life if you know that you will die soon.The problem is that even catching a cold will turn out in numonia (spelled wrong obviously Embarassed ) and the last months of your life would be horible.I would suicide 6-7 months after the contamination since that is aproximately the time it takes for your immunity system to stop being able to fight AIDS and other outside antigenes at the same time and then you start to get sick all the time.In those few months of my life i would do everything that i haven't done and feel truly free because i will know that I will chose my death and i will not be put down by illnesses.

As for salival, there is no posibility to be contaminated even if it comes in contact with an open wound since it contains a very very small amound of the virus.
turbaco
Maybe, I don't know... I will never f**k without a condom...
wumingsden
Lied wrote:
Imho you cannot enjoy life if you know that you will die soon.The problem is that even catching a cold will turn out in numonia (spelled wrong obviously Embarassed ) and the last months of your life would be horible.I would suicide 6-7 months after the contamination since that is aproximately the time it takes for your immunity system to stop being able to fight AIDS and other outside antigenes at the same time and then you start to get sick all the time.In those few months of my life i would do everything that i haven't done and feel truly free because i will know that I will chose my death and i will not be put down by illnesses.

As for salival, there is no posibility to be contaminated even if it comes in contact with an open wound since it contains a very very small amound of the virus.

"Numonia" or pneumonia as its commonly known, is not the end of life. I have had pneumonia on a number of occasions. This thread is about a few months to live, it is possible to live through pneumonia as long as you have the right medical care and the need/urge to go on. HIV, or more precisely AID's, is different because of the fact that it cannot yet be cured.
turbaco
The pneumonia have cure, the aids haven't....
cnnet
habe AIDS?
I didn't think I would be that
ashok
i think i'm a bit more hopeul abt life.. so i think i wont die. who knows, they may find a cure bfor i die.. Razz
blackheart
turbaco wrote:
Maybe, I don't know... I will never f**k without a condom...

Please don't bypass the word filter, that is against frihost rules.

----

And using a condom does not 100% protect you against AIDS, just like it won't 100% protect you against pregnancy.
"Contamination" happens, condoms break, nails and teeth can result in holes.

And sex isn't the only way to transmit HIV/AIDS - any form of DNA transference from one person to another is all you need.
mstreet
I think I will try living as long as I can as long as it is in a dignified way. How would your family feel if you committed suicide and they found the cure the next day. There are so many variables and unless you have it or are living with any disease you have no idea what one is going through.
Vrythramax
wumingsden wrote:
"Numonia" or pneumonia as its commonly known, is not the end of life. I have had pneumonia on a number of occasions. This thread is about a few months to live, it is possible to live through pneumonia as long as you have the right medical care and the need/urge to go on. HIV, or more precisely AID's, is different because of the fact that it cannot yet be cured.

I agree totally, but pneumonia is still the leading cause of death in AIDS patients. I myself have had pneumonia on several occasions...and I'm still here (much to some people's displeasure).
Lord Kuat
Someone must have brought it up, but AIDS really isn't that bad anymore.

Being a quadriplegic, sure. But AIDS? With the battery of treatments that exist? It's still bad, but it isn't that bad.

However, I believe that people should have an option with what they do with their own life. Although it will affect others, I still think that people should be able to do whatever they want to themselves.
wumingsden
Vrythramax wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

I agree totally, but pneumonia is still the leading cause of death in AIDS patients. I myself have had pneumonia on several occasions...and I'm still here (much to some people's displeasure).

may I see your source because I thought that the leading cause of death in AIDS patients was liver failure. Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia was the leading cause of death but I don't think it is anymore Confused note that I am not 100% on this though
L0pht
I strongly believe that life itself is too precious to simply one trhow it away by kiling one self. There are so many peole struggling to stay alive, maybe they can teach us better than anyone of the way they live their life, so much intense... sometimes people with also troubling desieses, for example.
Vrythramax
@wumingsden

I have no hard figures, nor will I seek them out, I speak from life experience. The mere thought of searching the topic pains me. If I am wrong, so be it....seek your own answers...you may be surprised.
L0pht
Vrythramax wrote:
@wumingsden

I have no hard figures, nor will I seek them out, I speak from life experience. The mere thought of searching the topic pains me. If I am wrong, so be it....seek your own answers...you may be surprised.

Well, sometimes people are stuck on what to believe and they keep on imagining things. I guess everybody might think he/she is alone... you never know what comes next day that might actually make you think otherwise. Today you are fine, mas but tomorrow you never know...
wumingsden
Vrythramax wrote:
@wumingsden

I have done reseach, before I posted my last reply. Originally I thought that it was this anyway due to that fact that I am involved in medical related things
Jaime
The pneumonia by Pneumocistis Carinii is only for AIDS patient, but anybody can developed a pneumonia by (Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus Influenza, Legionella pneumophila, and others) withoun have AIDS or HIV....
Vrythramax
jaime wrote:
The pneumonia by Pneumocistis Carinii is only for AIDS patient, but anybody can developed a pneumonia by (Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus Influenza, Legionella pneumophila, and others) withoun have AIDS or HIV....

wow...thank you jaime,....I didn't know of the differant types. Are they, or we, effected (un-infected humans) by this virus (pneumonia), or is it something a patient (AIDS) should worry about?

can we catch it?
windrei
um..... it's quite difficult to tell. i think what i consider is not how my body suffers, how painful i will be, but rather how other people think. If you got AIDS, people would look you down and saw you as a freak. That's what i cannot stand.

Sucide... it depends on my age and " what i have ", i.e. do i have a family already ? any children... etc. one cannot leave without considering his family, it's so selfish.
Vrythramax
windrei wrote:
um..... it's quite difficult to tell. i think what i consider is not how my body suffers, how painful i will be, but rather how other people think. If you got AIDS, people would look you down and saw you as a freak. That's what i cannot stand.

Sucide... it depends on my age and " what i have ", i.e. do i have a family already ? any children... etc. one cannot leave without considering his family, it's so selfish.

yes...I could not leave my family so easily. For them I would fight to the last drop.
hopelesshumor
huh?
Scorpio
hopelesshumor wrote:
huh?

Very Informative, My salutes to you.

@Max:
I think a family may be a crucial deciding factor in this, because after all we live for them
Vrythramax
@scorpio

so true...and some will die willingly for them

Hurt my little girl, or touch my wife....just see what happens.
leat397
U might.... my rationale is that I don't want to affect the others, whatever in terms of physical and mental burden...esp. to my families and my gf...
Another stupid thinking was that if i die, such disease would futher limited to affect the others.....
Vrythramax
hopelesshumor wrote:
huh?

If you must think, then you can't ask the question.
Jaime
Vrythramax wrote:
jaime wrote:

wow...thank you jaime,....I didn't know of the differant types. Are they, or we, effected (un-infected humans) by this virus (pneumonia), or is it something a patient (AIDS) should worry about?

can we catch it?

The patients with AIDS can developed any type of pneumonia, this is for his defenses (inmune cells) are very low and this prearranges to much germens....
Dragonfly
This is difficult to answer since one hasn't been in that kind of situation. May be you could ask to the AIDS patient themselves. For me, at the moment if unfortunate thing happen to me, I'll not commit suicide. Suicide is not good. However, I will spread the message so that more people shouldn't contact this deadly disease.
Nisk
[FuN]goku wrote:

Who does u *****!! I would try everything in life before i go(suicide) Write a book covering my views, write poetry, do something for the good of the planet, Do the important things in life while enjoying the simple one's.

P.S. is death actualy painfull for those suffering of AIDS ? i never knew....
Have no knowledge of what happens to u or how u die and why....
a bit of help please..
pixor
Suicide is the worst thing you can do to yourself. It does not show that you are stronger or anything or you are so honorable that you killed yourself instead of suffering. Its BS. You're taking the shortcut and running away from facts like a 7 year old fears from unknown monsters under his bed. If you really want to commit suicide, just dig yourself a grave and kill yourself in it, so people would not work so hard trying to cover up your worthless life.
saveexclusive
That is a very tough question. To be honest I dont know what I would do if I had aids.
turbaco
Have Kurt Cobain AIDS??? is this true???
Jaime
I don't listen that...
wumingsden
Quote:
Cobain is legally recognized to have committed suicide. However, unanswered questions within the Seattle Police Department's report have led to a perception that Cobain may have been murdered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Cobain#Suicide_dispute
lycadia
Yes, that was a lame quote from a song.
However, as someone who has had more than one person close to her commit suicide, I can say with absolute certianty that taking one's own life is never really a private decision. It does impact the lives of others. Of course, so too does the choice Not to kill oneself.
My father was diagnosed with Schizophrenia (Paranoid type) when I was a child. At the time there were no drugs available to treat his symptoms and little hope of having a chance to be outpatient and visit us, let alone
hold a job and support us, which was of deep importance to his sense of self worth.
However, losing him, I felt abandoned and betrayed, in spite of some abusive things he'd done due to his mental illness. So many of the dreadful things that happened after he died, probably would not have, if he'd been alive, even if he had never left the hospital, thus his choice to kill himself was confusing and devestating to me, as a child. He commited suicide for altruistic reasons, to spare us embarressement, expense, emotinal and physical pain. He discussed all this with my mother and she chose to respect his decision, a fact that drove a rift between us that never healed. My brother blamed her for that so much that he grew far more violent and abusive then my father ever was, for years afterward.
I supposed the one reason I'm writing this (aside from the fact my points balance is frightfully low), is so that anyone who does happen to be considering suicide might stop and think about the effects that choice will have on others.
I don't have a child or even a spouse who's needs and wellbeing I would need to consider, but I have friends without whom I'd find it hard to get through the day and who rely on me just as much. I sometimes feel alone but I am not, so I still need to think beyond myself.
In any case, given the current state of medicine, I don't think I'd even consider suicide just becuase I'd gotten AIDS. Treatments are getting better all the time, in large part Because of those who got AIDS and were brave enough to go on living and helped in the development of the newest treatments. I fully expect that trend to continue, so while AIDS is defiantely nothing to be taken lightly, it's also not something I'd consider to be nearly as frightening as some mental illnesses. I'd much rather be physically sick and vulnerable to disease then lose my mind. I've seen both and I know which scares me more.
Of course, that's just my opinion. We all have to make our own paths in this world.
lycadia
What does Curt Cobain have to do with this? Even if he was supposedly murdered (which I couldn't care less about), what does that have to do with the topic? Actually, never mind. I don't want to know.
wumingsden
lycadia wrote:
What does Curt Cobain have to do with this? Even if he was supposedly murdered (which I couldn't care less about), what does that have to do with the topic? Actually, never mind. I don't want to know.

One of the members thought that he committed suicide because he had AID's, wihch is why Curt Cobain was mentioned - I myself haven't heard of him.

After re-reading this topic I see that many people, maybe including myself, am confused about the actual subject.

I think the real questions is not if you had AID's, but if you were terminally ill, in so such pain, would you committ suicide? There is no right or wrong answer, just an opinion.
I am chronically/terminally ill. I can be in so much pain one day yet feel completely fine the next. For that reason I think that it should solely be your own decision, nobody elses. Your family/friends would be able to see how much pain you are in and so wouldn't dispute your ultimate decision. I myself have thought about suicide, but not to the extreme point. For example, I have not thought about how I'd kill myself, just what it'll be like when I've died - these thoughts only appear when I extremely happy or very ill. I am not depressed but if I want to I will die of my own accord rather than waiting for my illnesses to kill me then I most certainly will. With AID's there is a possibilty for a cure, with my illnesses there are no chances that a cure will ever be fount. The illnesses affect a number of systems which is even harder. They however have made me stronger.
In my opinion I think it is selfish for someone to deny the right for a terminally ill person to die. Terminally means that they will die within the next 12 months. There is no real possibilty that a cure will be fount. I don't class AID's as a terminal illness because you can live for a very long time with it, therefore the chance to find a cure is great.
Mamsaac
I'm not suiciding or anything until I die in an accident or by nature.

I like to see life as a challenge.
lycadia
wumingsden,
Please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't intending to say that I don't fully respect the right of anyone to die if they so choose. I just feel that sometimes people (many of those who spring to my mind are teenagers, but it's not confined to any demographic, I suppose) make that choice without due consideration of the ramifications. Suicide is not a thing to be undertaken hastily or without forethought. Obviously, you aren't one of those people, because it's clear you have deeply considered the matter. And truthfully, the only reason I posted at all was because of my own personal experiance. I am very much in favor of the right to die with dignity or assisted suicide or whatever term one cares to use. I'm even in favor of people having the right to commit suicide just because they Want to. Far be it from me to force anyone to live. Life is sometimes profoundly unpleasant and I've wanted to stop doing it before myself. I just regret that some of those close to me made the choice they did. It may even be a selfish and immature regret but I was a child so I suppose it's a point on which I am likely to immature on some level.
In any case, I hope if I seemed to be denegrating anyone's right to live and die with due liberty or offended you, you'll accept my apology. Thank you very much for posting on such a personal topic. You truly have an insight into the issue that most of those posting -including me- can not fully share. Thank you for refreshing my memory on the Cobain aspect too. I've never heard anything about him supposedly having AIDS before, though I've often heard several variations on the murder theory.
Again, I'm sorry if I seemed ... ovrbearing or offended.
wumingsden
lycadia wrote:
wumingsden,
Please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't intending to say that I don't fully respect the right of anyone to die if they so choose. I just feel that sometimes people (many of those who spring to my mind are teenagers, but it's not confined to any demographic, I suppose) make that choice without due consideration of the ramifications. Suicide is not a thing to be undertaken hastily or without forethought. Obviously, you aren't one of those people, because it's clear you have deeply considered the matter. And truthfully, the only reason I posted at all was because of my own personal experiance. I am very much in favor of the right to die with dignity or assisted suicide or whatever term one cares to use. I'm even in favor of people having the right to commit suicide just because they Want to. Far be it from me to force anyone to live. Life is sometimes profoundly unpleasant and I've wanted to stop doing it before myself. I just regret that some of those close to me made the choice they did. It may even be a selfish and immature regret but I was a child so I suppose it's a point on which I am likely to immature on some level.
In any case, I hope if I seemed to be denegrating anyone's right to live and die with due liberty or offended you, you'll accept my apology. Thank you very much for posting on such a personal topic. You truly have an insight into the issue that most of those posting -including me- can not fully share. Thank you for refreshing my memory on the Cobain aspect too. I've never heard anything about him supposedly having AIDS before, though I've often heard several variations on the murder theory.

O, it didn't. I wasn't aiming my post at anybody, just expressing my own opinion which is just what you was doing. I don't feel offended and I hope you don't either. Everybody should be allowed to express their own opinion, this is all you were doing. I think that most people should be allowed to committ suicide, but not all. For instance, I think that people in jail shouldn't be able to starve themselves, they are taking the easy way out - they should fully accept the consequences of their actions. Also, I think mentally unstable people shouldn't just be able to committ suicide. I'm not fully against suicide of these people, but I think that they rather can't make the right decision for themselves or they don't deserve to die.
Mannix
It's not like you can't live with AIDS. Stupidest thing to do would be to kill yourself, as it has already taken a good portion of your life away, so why give it the rest? Best thing to do would be make the most of the time you have left, and not be rash and go kill yourself just because part of your life is gone.
Sappho
pixor wrote:
Suicide is the worst thing you can do to yourself. It does not show that you are stronger or anything or you are so honorable that you killed yourself instead of suffering. Its BS. You're taking the shortcut and running away from facts like a 7 year old fears from unknown monsters under his bed. If you really want to commit suicide, just dig yourself a grave and kill yourself in it, so people would not work so hard trying to cover up your worthless life.

You almost made me laugh with that pathetic point of view, not that i am goin to take it from you or insist to throw it away and see thing clearlier. I am just here to defend the other side, you mentioned its not strong enough to commit suicide, so instead you should go on with pathetic life and die slowly (or whatever) whats strong in that? Seems more stupid than strong. And honor? What has suffering to do with honor at all? Did you even read what you wrote, i doubt it. Your analogy with the 7 year old is completely miss placed, in that example. Death is the unkown monster and i am galloping right in to it, where suffering and pathetic dummy of a life is really something more non-ethereal nor fictious in that example. And you almost killed me with the last sentence, what suicide has to do with the life i lived before it? Like when i commit suicide everything i've done or live through became pointless from that point? Only one thing is worthless here, and that is to argue with those arguments of yours. But be my guest at the end its always a personal choice.
curnow
i wouldn't sui. i would challenge myself to stay healthy because in my religion (mine because only i follow curnow's asthetics and beliefs) suicide unless person is in vege state, is an absolute pissweak escape. pisswekness is a sin. anyway AIDS dunt just kill you when you have it. it kills you "indirectly" byweakening you, might die from common cold, might not. i really like mannix's point of view veryworthy of being part of my religion. and knows how to think about life.
[quote=mannix]It's not like you can't live with AIDS. Stupidest thing to do would be to kill yourself, as it has already taken a good portion of your life away, so why give it the rest? Best thing to do would be make the most of the time you have left, and not be rash and go kill yourself just because part of your life is gone.[/quote]

ps. sapho, we're here to give our opinions not belittle someone elses.
SFMeatwad
Suffering and going to heaven is better than ending the unbearable pain and going to hell for all eternity. Plus, make sure that the tatoo dude gets a new needle, you wear a condom, don't do drugs with others (or at least at all), and don't use other sharp things handled by A.I.D.S. patients.
Dustylunchbox
i think it could be interesting to die anyway to see if the big fellow is up there and having the motivation of AIDS why not dye in an extravigant way? could be fun. . .. . . . . . or horrible
Sappho
curnow wrote:
ps. sapho, we're here to give our opinions not belittle someone elses.

I know but it always gets on my nerves when someone feels the urge to tell something or better yet condemn something he has no clue about and i am not letting it slide. Its up to each of us, not religion, not others, at the end its always us and our choices.

PS.: Heaven is overrated, hell here i come.
Jaime
Any moderator, please close this topic. Thanks...
I don't speak anymore about this, i believe that everyone user had speak here and i don't wanna comment more.
Catastrophic Fairy
Hmm... If I could get my family to leave me alone long enough, yes, I think I would just end it. It'd be easier for my family in the long run and easier on me. Simple as that. >.>
wumingsden
jaime wrote:
I don't speak anymore about this, i believe that everyone user had speak here and i don't wanna comment more.

The Moderating Team have decided to leave this thread open because of the quality of posting here. Just because you do not want to be active in this thread does not mean that it has to be closed. If you have another more private reason then please PM me and I will re-think my decision.
xavierJ
I believe suicide at that point is not the best opinion, but I can see why some choose it. AIDs is a very painful ordeal not only for you but for your enviroment, and your family. And of course, no one expects to get AIDs, and I said that because I've seen alot of people say "yes, i would choose suicide, but i dont plan on getting AIDs". Do you think the Africans in Africa do? And also, it's becoming a racial matter. Over 50 percent of the people that are affected are african-american. Express your thoughts Confused
Jaime
wumingsden wrote:
jaime wrote:

The Moderating Team have decided to leave this thread open because of the quality of posting here. Just because you do not want to be active in this thread does not mean that it has to be closed. If you have another more private reason then please PM me and I will re-think my decision.

No, there is only a personal reason. But if you want to let it open, there is not problem...I thought that no one wants to let it open... Continue this topic...
solarwind
Exactly...

We all will die anyway.

Live it up while you can.

If I ever get AIDS (which I never will), I'll live up my life as much as I can.

It'll be fun for the while.

I'll get high on drugs to get away from the pain and do all that other stuff.

Edited by wumingsden
FriBogdan
Hm....better prevent that think about the next step after u are infected...

I don't think i will attempt suicide because as u know the HIV can be active for many many year's until u can say u have AIDS. So...if u will find out (IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN Wink) Laughing ) that i have HIV i will stay alive...waiting for a treatment. Hm...but when AIDS comes ... i don;t really know.

Interesting subject. It makes me think 7 time's Smile) before i'll do something this wrong...like been infected (but are still allot of cases that humans are infected through infected blood....so it is not really their guilt. Sad )
Jaime
Prevention is better than cure.

I think that we all will think before having sex without protection. We should educate the people, because he is a very terrible illness and we would be able to get infected.
godam64
just stay away with the caused of the hiv virus if you don't wanna get infected by aids. no more playing the chicks. just wait until you mature enough and get a pure health woman to married. before marrying a woman you should check her health status.

so, you have to avoid free sex although you use condom. just take your time with your girl friend with out having sex. if you need one just use your own hand since it's more better than you got aids in your body.

and also never get involved with alcohol and drugs since it's just wasting your time and money for negative effects. fruit juice 100% more better than alcohol, smoke, and drugs. it's up to you guys Very Happy . you have to choose your own path from now on for the future. Wink
lycadia
wumingsden wrote:
lycadia wrote:
wumingsden,

O, it didn't. I wasn't aiming my post at anybody, just expressing my own opinion which is just what you was doing. I don't feel offended and I hope you don't either. Everybody should be allowed to express their own opinion, this is all you were doing. I think that most people should be allowed to committ suicide, but not all. For instance, I think that people in jail shouldn't be able to starve themselves, they are taking the easy way out - they should fully accept the consequences of their actions. Also, I think mentally unstable people shouldn't just be able to committ suicide. I'm not fully against suicide of these people, but I think that they rather can't make the right decision for themselves or they don't deserve to die.

Well, we're in complete agreement then. Well, almost complete. I'd much rather some of the criminals imprisioned commit suicide if they want to. I don't consider jail such strong punishment that I'd rather they stay there then be dead. Not when (at least where I'm from) we're spending substantially more to support each prisioner per year then we are willing to allot in grant money to a college student. But that really doesn't pertain to This conversation at all, so I'll just say I'm glad you weren't offended, because I seldom mean to be offensive and leave it at that. Thank you.
briancoit
mad topic...

dont ever intend to be with anyone except my current partner, and hope she doesnt stray... so thats the sexual side out of the window...

i'd probably rather die than suffer tbh, i've always said that, but as someone said, its something you cant really comment on until you're in that situation!
dheuis
my husband has AIDS, he's fine now. undetectable viral load, still struggling with his toxoplasmosis. but he'll live. suicide is a sin. GOD will take u with Him when its time. there is a reason for everything that is happening in ur life. i know its hard to be AIDS/HIV. but there's medication to control the virus. hopefully there will be cure in the next few years.
Hello_World
I think it is possible to continue to have a good life for many years with AIDS/HIV, albeit with restrictions.

I think suicide is a choice, but not one I'd take while my quality of life was still good.

Sorry to hear about your husband dheuis I hope there is a cure soon.
mukesh
I am not interested by this topic bacause Suicide and AIDS both verypainfull words. But according to me try to kill AIDS not himself.
deanhills
mukesh wrote:
I am not interested by this topic bacause Suicide and AIDS both verypainfull words. But according to me try to kill AIDS not himself.
Agreed. Both are uncomfortable topics. For me it would be best to make sure one does not get AIDS. Prevention. If one does get aids, there is plenty of treatment available. Follow doctors' orders. I don't think I could ever commit suicide.
Crockett024
If I had AIDS I wouldn't commit suicide because scientists/doctors could need to run tests on me to find a cure/vaccine to help future AIDS/HIV patients, that is if I would have immunity.