FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Domains





UnikeViruz
..Since I have my registered domain name (ageofd.com) I dont need the ageofd.frih.net so I was wondering if i can delete it from the list or if you would like me to leave it there? Im just not in the mood to delete it and then get in trouble for it... Sad Embarassed
Scorpio
UnikeViruz wrote:
..Since I have my registered domain name (ageofd.com) I dont need the ageofd.frih.net so I was wondering if i can delete it from the list or if you would like me to leave it there? Im just not in the mood to delete it and then get in trouble for it... Sad Embarassed


You cant delete the domain on your own.

Perhaps the folders alone..

Just leave the domain there...

Remove the files of your website..

Also just put a redirect from your .frih.net domain to your new domain so that you dont lose any visitors
UnikeViruz
Alright Wink Sounds good
Hobbit
Go to Domain Setup> Add new domain> and add your domain. Just make sure your DNS are pointing to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net. It may take up to 24 hours, it depends really.
Scorpio
Hobbit wrote:
Go to Domain Setup> Add new domain> and add your domain. Just make sure your DNS are pointing to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net. It may take up to 24 hours, it depends really.


With yahoo! my domain was activated in 20 mins actually..
Hobbit
scorpio wrote:
Hobbit wrote:
Go to Domain Setup> Add new domain> and add your domain. Just make sure your DNS are pointing to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net. It may take up to 24 hours, it depends really.


With yahoo! my domain was activated in 20 mins actually..

Mine too, but to actually point to the dns frih.net, it took a day.
djclue917
scorpio wrote:
You cant delete the domain on your own.

Perhaps the folders alone..

Just leave the domain there...

Remove the files of your website..

Also just put a redirect from your .frih.net domain to your new domain so that you dont lose any visitors


Yes you can. It's just a subdomain of the frih.net domain. If you delete that "domain" in DirectAdmin, then domain.frih.net will then be inaccessible.

You can delete everything related to the domain (log files, statistics, etc.), that is, if you don't have anything important stored in the folders.

By the way, once you've deleted your default "domain" (like domain.frih.net), you can always add it up again in DirectAdmin.

I hope that helps...
Scorpio
djclue917 wrote:
scorpio wrote:
You cant delete the domain on your own.

Perhaps the folders alone..

Just leave the domain there...

Remove the files of your website..

Also just put a redirect from your .frih.net domain to your new domain so that you dont lose any visitors


Yes you can. It's just a subdomain of the frih.net domain. If you delete that "domain" in DirectAdmin, then domain.frih.net will then be inaccessible.

You can delete everything related to the domain (log files, statistics, etc.), that is, if you don't have anything important stored in the folders.

By the way, once you've deleted your default "domain" (like domain.frih.net), you can always add it up again in DirectAdmin.

I hope that helps...


Oh! Right..

Thanks for clearing that for me..

@Hobbit

What I wanted to say was that, my domain started functioning in 20 mins..

I pointed the DNS and set up the domain here some time before activating the domain at yahoo!
Related topics
EU domains ready to register in 2006
addon domains / rndc: connect failed
domains
Domains...???
Domains
Domains and default email
Free domains and IRC servers
Domains That Can Be Parked?
parked domains
Can't access .TK domains
Sub domains and add-on domains
A Question About .tk domains
Buy Domains
domains
about servers and domains
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.