FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestions on my site please

NjRocket
Hey guys, my site is in the works to being done. I need some suggestions and feedback on the design and content. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks alot.

www.topsportlinks.frih.net
thpn
overall site's pretty good, but you may want to organize your google banners a but better. They don't exactly blend with your site like other sites.
NjRocket
thpn wrote:
overall site's pretty good, but you may want to organize your google banners a but better. They don't exactly blend with your site like other sites.

ok thats what i figured, i'm going to change the color of the ads and move the ad on the left down a little bit. Keep the feedback coming guys.
Marston
Ditch the ads, son.

Your site isn't nearly:

a.) big enough
b.) popular enough

To require advertisements.
NjRocket
Marston wrote:
Ditch the ads, son.

Your site isn't nearly:

a.) big enough
b.) popular enough

I appreciate your feedback, but i still got a lot to do with my site, as you can see none of the links work. I'm focusing on the main index page right now. Well the ads i feel are staying lol, we'll see what kind of hits i get over the next couple of months my site is fully out. Is there any way to submit your site to all the major search engines on one shot? Or do i have to individually send them to each search engine.
Marston
http://addme.com
billybob
NjRocket wrote:
Marston wrote:
Ditch the ads, son.

Your site isn't nearly:

a.) big enough
b.) popular enough

I appreciate your feedback, but i still got a lot to do with my site, as you can see none of the links work. I'm focusing on the main index page right now. Well the ads i feel are staying lol, we'll see what kind of hits i get over the next couple of months my site is fully out. Is there any way to submit your site to all the major search engines on one shot? Or do i have to individually send them to each search engine.

I agree i would ditch that atleast untill you have fineshed your site and if you do put them back on i wouldn use huge skyscapers like those, the horizontal text units look alot better and for me they got more clicks than the bigger adds Wink

EDIT: i would only put one add on per page too especially if you keep those huge ones

Also your banner seems slightly tall maybe consider shortening it....just a thought
NjRocket
billybob wrote:
NjRocket wrote:
Marston wrote:
Ditch the ads, son.

Your site isn't nearly:

a.) big enough
b.) popular enough

I agree i would ditch that atleast untill you have fineshed your site and if you do put them back on i wouldn use huge skyscapers like those, the horizontal text units look alot better and for me they got more clicks than the bigger adds Wink

EDIT: i would only put one add on per page too especially if you keep those huge ones

Also your banner seems slightly tall maybe consider shortening it....just a thought

Alright, i might consider that, i changed the ads to to IMAGE only on the top banner and fixed the color of the ads on the left to fit in with the site.

Is there a way to move ONLY the banner on the left down a little bit so i can put it a little farther down on the site? It seems when i add <br>, the whole site moves down, i want just the left ads to move down. Thanks for the help.
billybob
Quote:
Alright, i might consider that, i changed the ads to to IMAGE only on the top banner and fixed the color of the ads on the left to fit in with the site.

Is there a way to move ONLY the banner on the left down a little bit so i can put it a little farther down on the site? It seems when i add <br>, the whole site moves down, i want just the left ads to move down. Thanks for the help.

I see your using tables but it looks as if you are using "normal tables", It also looks as if your using deamweaver so i surgest using layout tables with these u draw the table then you can draw cells where ever you want inside of them they create much more freedom. they would enable you to achieve the lowering of that banner also they will alow you to give your site a much more "free" look and not so restricted....

hope this helps
ryan
NjRocket
billybob wrote:
Quote:

I see your using tables but it looks as if you are using "normal tables", It also looks as if your using deamweaver so i surgest using layout tables with these u draw the table then you can draw cells where ever you want inside of them they create much more freedom. they would enable you to achieve the lowering of that banner also they will alow you to give your site a much more "free" look and not so restricted....

hope this helps
ryan

yea, this is exactly what i want do. I want to control where the ads go on the left, seems like everything is moving. As of now, i'm using Frontpage to edit my site, is there a way do draw your own tables in frontpage or should i just move over to dreamweaver?
billybob
NjRocket wrote:
billybob wrote:
Quote:

hope this helps
ryan

yea, this is exactly what i want do. I want to control where the ads go on the left, seems like everything is moving. As of now, i'm using Frontpage to edit my site, is there a way do draw your own tables in frontpage or should i just move over to dreamweaver?

Embarassed carnt beleve i didnt spot frontpage code Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed lol anyways erm i dont have a clue if you can do it in frontpage but i would defenitly surgest you moving over to dreamweaver even if it is possible to do that in frontpage......
madsencarl
It looks very... tacky. The banner is unprofessional, and the layout is all un-colour-coordinated.
xorcist
You should put the google ads at the bottom instead of having it in the middle of the screen and the actual words of the site at the bottom. Try to put the ads you have on the left to the right so people dont have to scroll over just to see your site.
NjRocket
xorcist wrote:
You should put the google ads at the bottom instead of having it in the middle of the screen and the actual words of the site at the bottom. Try to put the ads you have on the left to the right so people dont have to scroll over just to see your site.

Ok, i might take that into consideration, but on my screen they line up perfect and you don't have to scroll. I don't know if its your screen settings or mine. But thats for the feedback.
eternalwarriors
hi...

i't looks good, but there are too many ads...
and i guess it's too dark...

mfg
billybob
Quote:

Ok, i might take that into consideration, but on my screen they line up perfect and you don't have to scroll. I don't know if its your screen settings or mine. But thats for the feedback.

What screen resolution are you running? ie 800*600 1024*768 or even bigger? best thing to do is to create your site so it can be viewd in 800 * 600 and centre it or you could just use % in the sizes
darth_pyro
In my browser, (I'm using Firefox 1.5, Mandriva Linux 10.1, with 1280 x 1024 resolution), the entire site is right justified for some reason, with a big grey blank area with "NAVIGATION" in it on the left. The google search in the bottom does not have the same background color as the rest of the site, so it looks bad, and people are not going to come to your site rather than google to search, so I would just remove it.
NjRocket
darth_pyro wrote:
In my browser, (I'm using Firefox 1.5, Mandriva Linux 10.1, with 1280 x 1024 resolution), the entire site is right justified for some reason, with a big grey blank area with "NAVIGATION" in it on the left. The google search in the bottom does not have the same background color as the rest of the site, so it looks bad, and people are not going to come to your site rather than google to search, so I would just remove it.

I see what you mean, where my script (exactly), can i change it so its centered. I guess it would be before the banner, but it doesnt seem to work, so if someone can look at source code and find the exact spot, that would be appreciated.
osbits
Overall it is a very good site,but I do not think it has been well designed.
First of all,the color.The color of floating bars and google seacher do not accrod the color of the body of your site.
Second,you should consider men as "blind" as I do,I ask for special service of bigger charactors.My eyes hurt when I finish the first line of ants on you sites.
Personally,I do not like the color of your sites,it is too dark for me and It gives me a feeling of depressive.
NjRocket
osbits wrote:
Overall it is a very good site,but I do not think it has been well designed.
First of all,the color.The color of floating bars and google seacher do not accrod the color of the body of your site.
Second,you should consider men as "blind" as I do,I ask for special service of bigger charactors.My eyes hurt when I finish the first line of ants on you sites.
Personally,I do not like the color of your sites,it is too dark for me and It gives me a feeling of depressive.

What would you suggest changing the color of and what color? Thanks for the feedback.
Ka7raK
Get a vertical JavaScipt menu and get Ads by Google AFTER the navigation. The list-based nav isn't cool these days. Another thing: red text over black is very eye-damaging.
Besides these little things, it's cool. I'd rate it 6/10 (on an average basis without comparisson to the ultra-evolved websites).
vexation
1.The gray text is hard to read. If you want to use gray, use a brighter gray that will show up better on black

2. A banner over a banner doesn't exactly look right. Get rid of the banner ad at the top.

3. Right now, the ads are what "pop out" when I first visit the site. Suggestion #1 will somewhat fix that but you really should make the site brighter than the ads are.
Xentonia
Its nice but to mutch ads

but i like the design keep up the good work
romaop
The adds annoy. Too much space occupied. Things aren't aligned. The buttons (menu) might become more original (not just a gray-black gradient).
As for the content it has potential.
puredazzle
doesnt work that well in Firefox?
Vozzz
getting there, but small things.

Your header is wider than your body.

Adds look out of place (as said)

you need a proper header, get some 12 year old design wanabee to do it for you. I'm sure they'll do it for about 15 bucks. alternitavely i can make you one with 3d and all for about 50.

Cheers.