FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BSD Unix

x-stream
Hi!
I have downloaded FreeBSD Unix to my computer (WinXP Pro) and burned it to a CD. Now I want to install it. I put the CD in and restarted the computer. Now the screen says: ... HardDrive not found...
Someone said to me that there is a driver missing, but that can´t be because someone who only has the Unix CD has no chance to install it then!!

edit: Sorry It says: Primary Volume Descriptor not found
and I think it say read Error 0x10
Nyizsa
It may sound stupid, but what do you see on the CD? If you see only the .iso file, the problem is identified. You have to burn it as an image! (There is a choice somewhere in the menus: Burn image from file or something similar.) You should see some files and directories on the CD.
johanfh
I don't think it's an ISO-problem, because then the computer will say: 'please insert system disk...'. It's a known BSD-problem. I googled a bit around with your errorcode and found a lot of people have this problem. It's most of the time a problem with the BSD-version: that version is not compatible with your hardware. Download an older (or newer) version or try a BIOS-update is suggested.

Enjoy it!
JohanFH
x-stream
I thought about that, too becuase the computer I use is really old!
I´ll try a bios update first!
Thanks!