FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

why IPB forums are not allowed

mike_phi
Hi all I just wanted to find out whether it is OK to host a PHPNuke site with Forums, is it specifically only IPB forums that are not allowed, hence the PhpBB based forums that come with PhpNuke are fine ???

On the other hand if IPB forums are not allowed just out of my technical interest could someone explain why, not that I am planning on launching one its just out of interest.

cheers Mic
orno
phpBB based forums should be fine as long as they are free (and they should be)

infact if you had read the TOS (http://www.frihost.com/tos.php), it states clearly in there that any sort of paid forums are not allowed.

If, however, you have rightly purchased a copy of the software and can prove this to the admin BEFORE hosting it, it might be allowed.
dxhunter
But also PhpNuke allow moneyed version ?
rvec
if you have a paid version it's illegal as long as you can't convince bondings you did pay for it. And i think they maen al paid software so also phpnuke or a paid picture gallery.
n0obie4life
Whatever orno said.

You need to prove to us that you have a valid licence for IPB before we will allow you to use it. All of the IPB/vBulletin forums we have found are all warez.

-close-