FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Banner contest - all my FRIH$, all my sig, all my respect

madsencarl
Ok, look at my FRIH$ and you'll get all of that if you win!
And all my sig space (for your advert or something) for, say, a month
And all my respect - now that's something.

Ok, it is for a sports media site (NBA, baseball, american football) and here are the rules:

1) The words "M2" big with "MixMakers.net" smaller must be somewhere on the banner
2) The width of the banner MUST be 900 pixels and the height can be anywhere from 60-75 pixels.
3) If athletes are to be included in the banner, must include players from the 3 major sports - basketball, baseball & football.
4) Must be in by May 13

The site for the banner is the following:

Who to use (considerations)
NBA: Lebron James
NFL: Shaun Alexander
MLB: Albert Pujols

Who NOT to use (most hated)
NBA: Kobe Bryant
NFL: Terrell Owens
MLB: Barry Bonds

Here are some examples:

this one breaks the rules (it has only one athlete from one sport, read rule 3)

GO!!
Scorpio
madsencarl wrote:
Ok, look at my FRIH$ and you'll get all of that if you win!
And all my sig space (for your advert or something) for, say, a month
And all my respect - now that's something.

Ok, it is for a sports media site (NBA, baseball, american football) and here are the rules:

1) The words "M2" big with "MixMakers.net" smaller must be somewhere on the banner
2) The width of the banner MUST be 900 pixels and the height can be anywhere from 60-75 pixels.
3) If athletes are to be included in the banner, must include players from the 3 major sports - basketball, baseball & football.
4) Must be in by March 13

I guess the time has elapsed ...

Here are some examples:

this one breaks the rules (it has only one athlete from one sport, read rule 3)

GO!!
madsencarl
My bad, typo, all fixed now Very Happy
Scorpio
The ones you ve got there look pretty good anyway..
madsencarl
scorpio wrote:
The ones you ve got there look pretty good anyway..

But not good enough.
silentpark
makign a header without knowing the rest of the template doesn't make sence!

if you ask people to help you with this sites header you should show up a screen of the template (its also not a googd idia too make a tempalte oriantated on a (finshed) header...) -_-

if there is no finish template (bu it seems to be that there is 900 pixel ^^ Razz) maybe give some idias of what kind of colorsheme you like what are you planning will be content colored (and maybe how will the header end into the site...)

i think after you have given this infos people may decide if they want to do the job...
madsencarl
silentpark wrote:
makign a header without knowing the rest of the template doesn't make sence!

if you ask people to help you with this sites header you should show up a screen of the template (its also not a googd idia too make a tempalte oriantated on a (finshed) header...) -_-

if there is no finish template (bu it seems to be that there is 900 pixel ^^ Razz) maybe give some idias of what kind of colorsheme you like what are you planning will be content colored (and maybe how will the header end into the site...)

i think after you have given this infos people may decide if they want to do the job...

Done.
DeFwh
While everyone was helping to fix the post i was working:

I can do different colors if you like.
megastar
here goes the banner created by me

i am not interested in these sports but tried my level best t create you a banner''

any way thanx for the contest

hope u like it Rolling Eyes
NjRocket
some of these are really nice, nice job guys
varun_dodla
Even me donno anything about these sports but have given a try hope u like them. These are three variants of same thing.

madsencarl
varun_dodla wrote:
Even me donno anything about these sports but have given a try hope u like them. These are three variants of same thing.

They're really good, but I think some of the cropping is a bit off...
varun_dodla
i know but did that in hurry. If you like them i will give u nice ones.
madsencarl
Yeh they could well win it!

If you could fix up the cropping, and try changing the text to "Your #1 Source for Sports Media", but trying it as well with the original text. So, six different variations (3 colours x 2 texts) Razz
DeFwh
Heres mine: (Red, Teal, Blue, Orange, Yellow)

I will include the psd if picked + font ( also a few other fonts that i thought looked good with it). Also it will include the cutouts of the athletes .psd's.

This is something extra but its not the best: ( the pixelation is horrible i know)

LK-47 wrote:
http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75101
Grand Prize: Any item in the store plus 10,000 points!
(if for any reason you do not want any prize from the store, 20,000 points will be rewarded)

Second Place: 6,000 Points
Third Place: 4,000 Points
Fourth Place: 2,000 Points
Below Fourth: 100 Points - This means if you enter you will be guaranteed 100 points!

RULES:
1) This is a MixMakers.net contest, so the text MixMakers.net MUST be somewhere on the banner.

NOTES:
- You can enter as many banners as you wish!
- When entering, simply post the banner in a reply for everyone to see - if someone gets an idea from it then great! We want the best possible banner!
- Judging will come from any volunteers from the m2 and UP crew.
- If your banner is chosen, it will be seen by THOUSANDS on a daily basis!
- Contest ends May 14th - one week from today - winner will be announce the 15th.

This wraps it up! Remember MAY 14th is the deadline to enter your banner! Once completed with your banner simply reply in this thread with a link to the banner and feel free to make more entrees!
madsencarl
yo varun_dodla where you at?
Nutorious
Pretty cool
varun_dodla
Sorry I was away from home for two dayz....I got selected for Infosys and have received my joining date as 29th May so was a bit busy.....I will get ur banners done in a day.

Quote:
yo varun_dodla where you at?

I live at hyderabad, India...if that was what u were asking.
varun_dodla
ok here are the modified ones....hope u like 'em...

madsencarl
Well, good work guys, and I have to say that varun_doodla won. However, Iw ill not really be selecting this banner, but I will still donate all the FRIH$ and respect.

Cheers
varun_dodla
thnx a lot for ur frih$ and more importantly ur respect.....thnx a lot.

Quote:
Well, good work guys, and I have to say that "varun_doodla" won.

Very Happy my name is varun_dodla