FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting Questions!

Ruroniarc
Hi, my name is Erik. I've been looking around for a free host for a really long time. I was wondering a few questions.

1.) This is mainly intended to host a control panel for the game I run, first and foremost, will this website allow me to ping to outside sources. Refining that question, and to be more specific... Can I use this website to host a control panel (Registration panel) so that it can access the MySQL DBs on my computer to register people on the game?
2.) I also need it to PING my computer, to see when it's up and such things. Will this work too?
3.) I more than likely won't be hosting my files on this server...
4.) I need a MySQL Database to run my phpBB2 forums, I see that it says they provide it, am I allowed to run a phpBB2 forum on this website?
5.) Also, what services do you offer here, such as programs run server-side? I read everything I could read, just wondering if anything else was left out.
6.) 1.) I'm starting to like the forum already 2.) Thanks for the hosting (When I get it [Hopfully])!!

Laughing
Blaster
i know only # 4 and yes you can run a phpBB2 forum on here. Same with smf too. I will leave the rest to the staff here.
NjRocket
Blaster wrote:
i know only # 4 and yes you can run a phpBB2 forum on here. Same with smf too. I will leave the rest to the staff here.

yea number 4 is def right. You can run phpbb2 and smf forums on your server. I don't see anything wrong with number 3...but like what blaster said, we'll leave it to the admin to answer.
Blaster
well i talked to him and this is what he had to say.

Quote:
Blaster: you needed help
Ruroniarc: Uherm, what did I need help on? =D
Ruroniarc: I've posted alot of questions today.
Ruroniarc: xD
Blaster: http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=293999#293999
Ruroniarc: Kay. What can you help me with/
Blaster: number 4
Blaster: you can host a phpbb forum
Ruroniarc: Oh, thanks~
Ruroniarc: Good.
Ruroniarc: Because thats what I currently host.
Blaster: i dont think you can host a game server though
Ruroniarc: Yeah, erm.
Ruroniarc: Most people don't get that
Blaster: what?
Ruroniarc: It's not a game server, on the webhost exactly.
RuroniarcI run the game server.
Ruroniarc: I just need a webhost to host my cPanel.
Blaster: then what do you need the site for?
Ruroniarc: The cPanel.
Blaster: it doesn't have cPanel
Ruroniarc: Erm, no.
Blaster: it has DirectAdmin which is better
Ruroniarc: No cPanel, as cPanel I meant Control Panel, the control panel for the game that I made.
Blaster: what do you mean?
Ruroniarc: Well, let me give you an example.
Ruroniarc: One second.
Ruroniarc: I need to host this.
Ruroniarc: http://shinro.deltaanime.net/mainwebsite/
Ruroniarc: I'm just getting sick of dA
Blaster: oh so you need like a blog type thing
Ruroniarc: (dA = Deltaanime)
Ruroniarc: Nope...
Ruroniarc:If you look more in-depth, it's accually a control panel for the game.
Ruroniarc: You can register accounts and such things.
Blaster: so like a website
Blaster: to register to be a member
Ruroniarc: To register to be a member on my computer.
Blaster: oh
Blaster: then that may be possible
Ruroniarc: Hopfully.
Blaster: so it isn't for a game server at all
Blaster: just a website to host a forum
Ruroniarc: Well........... I guess you could say that. o.O
Blaster: and to host a place to sign up on to your game server
Ruroniarc: There!
Ruroniarc: That's it.

Just thought this may explain stuff a little bit more
NjRocket
interesting, i'm pretty sure i know what he's talking about. Nice job searching and getting his aim and asking him personally.
Scorpio
Why do I always get the feeling that people NEVER post in the right forum even though the rule book says it in BOLD LETTERS.

Confused

Frustrates me every Damn Time Confused
n0obie4life
Ruroniarc wrote:
Hi, my name is Erik. I've been looking around for a free host for a really long time. I was wondering a few questions.

1.) This is mainly intended to host a control panel for the game I run, first and foremost, will this website allow me to ping to outside sources. Refining that question, and to be more specific... Can I use this website to host a control panel (Registration panel) so that it can access the MySQL DBs on my computer to register people on the game?
2.) I also need it to PING my computer, to see when it's up and such things. Will this work too?
3.) I more than likely won't be hosting my files on this server...
4.) I need a MySQL Database to run my phpBB2 forums, I see that it says they provide it, am I allowed to run a phpBB2 forum on this website?
5.) Also, what services do you offer here, such as programs run server-side? I read everything I could read, just wondering if anything else was left out.
6.) 1.) I'm starting to like the forum already 2.) Thanks for the hosting (When I get it [Hopfully])!!

Laughing

Yes. you will be allowed to do so.

You are allowed to ping your computer, please do not do too much.

You are not allowed to use us as a file host, that's all.

You can run a phpBB forum.

http://www.frih.net/info.php