FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cheapest domain(USD 1.8 for 1 yr)

pratz007
you can buy cheapest domain with a extension of .org and .info

.org price = USD 1.8
.info price = USD 2.15
actually there is a sale going on these extensions
i dont know if you are familiar with the above but you can get the domain here and hosting for free at frihost.com (if qualified)

you can get this domain or register them at http://domains.host.ac

Best Regards
Pratik Lalwani
Animal
Good tip, but please bear in mind:

Quote:
Only Registrants from the following countries can avail of this offer:

China/Southeast Asia countries - CN, HK, MM, TH, LA, KH, VN, TW, SG, ID, MY, and IN
ICANNs LAC (Latin America/Caribbean islands) Region - AG, AR, BB, BO, BR, BS, BZ, CL, CO, CR, CU, DM, DO, ED, GD, GT, GY, HN, HT, JM, KN, LC,MX, NI, PA, PE, PY, SR, SV, TT, UY, VC, VE;
ICANNs AF (Africa) Region - AO, BF, BI, BJ, BW, CD, CF, CG, CI, CM, CV, DJ, DZ, EG, EH, ER, ET,GA, GH, GN, GQ, GW, LR, LS, LY, MA, MG, ML, MR, MU, MW, MZ, NA, NE, NG, RE, RW, SC, SD, SL, SN, SO, ST, SZ, TD, TG, TN, TZ, UG, ZA, ZM, ZW
(note LAC and AF Region definition are taken from http://www.icann.org/montreal/geo-regions-topic.htm).

*sigh* My country's not there either! Rolling Eyes
moniker
wuh? fre domain name... i want it! how so? when can i get it? i feel like a child without ridalin.... my fixxxxxxxxx, i need my fixxxx! post how this is possible on here please. i want to know
billybob
moniker wrote:
wuh? fre domain name... i want it! how so? when can i get it? i feel like a child without ridalin.... my fixxxxxxxxx, i need my fixxxx! post how this is possible on here please. i want to know

Confused who said it was free...... Rolling Eyes

Quote:
.org price = USD 1.8
.info price = USD 2.15
StabWound
hmm welll the one i use is a .com that i got for $1.99 1 year at godaddy but very good find ill keep this in mind for the next time around.
Animal
moniker wrote:

Stop spamming. Read this.

StabWound wrote:
hmm welll the one i use is a .com that i got for $1.99 1 year at godaddy but very good find ill keep this in mind for the next time around.

Yeah, that's a good price, but you should bear in mind that the majority of "cheap" domains are only that price for the first year. In the second year, you'll be up to full price (usually about $9) unless you transfer to a new registrar, but this often involves transfer fees.
Scorpio
Animal wrote:

Yeah, that's a good price, but you should bear in mind that the majority of "cheap" domains are only that price for the first year. In the second year, you'll be up to full price (usually about $9) unless you transfer to a new registrar, but this often involves transfer fees.

What if we do this?

We let the domain expire..

Then we can go to another registrar and register it as a new domain..

If they have an offer then, wont we get it for the 1.99$ or something

Or does it not work like that?
billybob
scorpio wrote:
Animal wrote:

What if we do this?

I think theres some sort of "holding period" im not sure but u will be able to reregister it after but you run the risk of someone else stealing your domain name
Scorpio
billybob wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Animal wrote:

What if we do this?

I think theres some sort of "holding period" im not sure but u will be able to reregister it after but you run the risk of someone else stealing your domain name

Actually, if you search for my domain name on google or whatever, there are only around 10 results and only one of them has my domain name in them, which is www.iscorpio.tk
The rest are chinese bilge, I need not worry much about someone after my domain name
billybob
Quote:

Actually, if you search for my domain name on google or whatever, there are only around 10 results and only one of them has my domain name in them, which is www.iscorpio.tk
The rest are chinese bilge, I need not worry much about someone after my domain name

maybe but I still would'nt want to take the risk of loosing any of my domains over a few , not even my unpopular domains......
bigdan
Neither would I. I pay around $20 a year (australian dollars) for my domain, and I'm happy with that.
Scorpio
The reason I purchased from yahoo for 3$ was because of this

I would wait for a year to see how my site is doing, if it is not doing so well, I might dump it, or I might continue it

So it depends on the condition then.
albusa
the things can be so good for be real, there is not my country! Wink
Michael B
Another place you can get .org and .info domain names for that price is http://www.gtghosting.com/ I going to register my first domain name there soon. Being a staff member at their forum (computer help forum) I trust them knowing all the people behind the scenes and also that I will have instant attention in their forum if something ever gose wrong. There hosting is not bad either, but $5 a month and you still get less that the great frihost forum gives you.
awesty
Animal wrote:
Good tip, but please bear in mind:

Quote:
Only Registrants from the following countries can avail of this offer:

China/Southeast Asia countries - CN, HK, MM, TH, LA, KH, VN, TW, SG, ID, MY, and IN
ICANNs LAC (Latin America/Caribbean islands) Region - AG, AR, BB, BO, BR, BS, BZ, CL, CO, CR, CU, DM, DO, ED, GD, GT, GY, HN, HT, JM, KN, LC,MX, NI, PA, PE, PY, SR, SV, TT, UY, VC, VE;
ICANNs AF (Africa) Region - AO, BF, BI, BJ, BW, CD, CF, CG, CI, CM, CV, DJ, DZ, EG, EH, ER, ET,GA, GH, GN, GQ, GW, LR, LS, LY, MA, MG, ML, MR, MU, MW, MZ, NA, NE, NG, RE, RW, SC, SD, SL, SN, SO, ST, SZ, TD, TG, TN, TZ, UG, ZA, ZM, ZW
(note LAC and AF Region definition are taken from http://www.icann.org/montreal/geo-regions-topic.htm).

*sigh* My country's not there either! Rolling Eyes

me niether Sad

but if i was going to get a domain name i would get a .com or .net, $5 extra a year isnt much... even if you are living of $10 pocket money a week Razz