FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I get some opinions on my site?

Chris24
Can I get your guys opinions on my site?
Almost done just have to update the photo gallery

www.syosset-dominators.net
amadeotw
The general layout of your site is good (very corporate looking) however the news flash section requires scrolability. And you might consider having some movement on your intro page or an auto link after a few seconds. Wink just an idea. Best of all would be a touch of flash maby some football footage ending in your nice logo. But over all I think it is a very stable looking site.
Donutey
Very good design, and it looks like it has a lot of content.

Although, I generally dislike "enter" pages. If you really want to keep it, you could set up a cookie, so that only first time visitors would see that page, because having to click "enter" everytime you came to a site would be annoying.
Chris24
Thanks for the opinions, will play around and see how they turn out........
Chris24
amadeotw wrote:
The general layout of your site is good (very corporate looking) however the news flash section requires scrolability. And you might consider having some movement on your intro page or an auto link after a few seconds. Wink just an idea. Best of all would be a touch of flash maby some football footage ending in your nice logo. But over all I think it is a very stable looking site.

You said the newsflash could use scrolling, I agree but how would I go about do ing that? any pointers? There aren't any options that I could find in Joomla admin to enable that feature
budazz
the layout is good...but i think it will be better if you use divs instead of tables...and please try to be standard...but the layout is absolutly great...
mantasx
Listen on your site http://www.syosset-dominators.net/, when you vote you see this

Arrow.

the third opinion is
Quote:
Way better then the last one.

And when you press "Vote" you see this

Arrow

and as you see, the third opinion is
Quote:
Thanks! Now I'm blind!
. So the opinions choises on the main don't match the page when you submit it!!! So yah, you better fix that, and thank me for seeing that if you didn't realize already.
Chris24
Was wondering why the results came up that way.........Thanks will fix it, that is why I posted this thread to get just exactly the kind of feedback I have been gettting thank you all and keep it coming if you notcie anything else Very Happy
Chris24
Checked it out and it's ok. I think the results just show in order the poll results in order of votes received. When I voted on the 3rd option it came up as correct in the results window.....But, thank you for noticing it.
screamingdecay
I like it, its pretty cool.
GB
It has many likeable features. The style of the text, etc. on the homepage is nice, The little tables are okay, the artwork on the splash page is great. However, I think this could use a little tuning up.

For example, I'd like to see the forum look match the rest of the site. I want to see something that makes your forum unique, something I'll remember.

Splash page- I'm not sure what the purpose it serves except to showcase your cool looking logo. It is nice, but there is no content, so I would move the cool red logo thing to the real homepage and get rid of the splash page.

Home page. The banner doesn't look like it belongs on the site. It doesn't seem to match the look of the other things on your site. Also, the red from the logo on the splash page doesn't appear in the site anymore except for a border, further distancing the two. As before, I would get rid of the splash page and incorporate your terrific logo on the real homepage.

Hope this helps, you have a great site that is much better than most of the team sites out there that I have seen.
Chris24
Thank You
{name here}
Add some more uniqueness to your site. It looks too much like it's Joomla. The more unique it looks, the better your site is.
Chris24
GB wrote:
It has many likeable features. The style of the text, etc. on the homepage is nice, The little tables are okay, the artwork on the splash page is great. However, I think this could use a little tuning up.

For example, I'd like to see the forum look match the rest of the site. I want to see something that makes your forum unique, something I'll remember.

How does this look now,? better? tried to match up the forums template as best as I could to match the site. I kinda agree with you on the splash page but I kinda like it.... Razz So for the moment the will stay. Will work on setting something up to match that up with the site
riv
The source code is kinda messed up. The overall layout is fair. And can you make the white background strech for the entire length of the page? It kinda ends in the middle of the page.
darth_pyro
Looks good exept for the spash page. The splash page seems to have no purpose other than making you clikc and load another page before getting to the content. If the splash pages's main purpose was to use the cool soccerball logo thing, incorporate it into the rest of the site. I would put it in the upper right hand corner, where it says something like "Welcome to our website. Feel free to look around and check out all of the site. We have..." right now. Paragraphs that say "welcome to our site" and lists the things that you can already see dont serve alot of purpose. Otherwise looks very nice, easy navigation.