FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Good Music Theory Sites?

ddukki
Anyone have any clue as to where one can find good lessons for music theory. I'm kind of looking for chord progressions, history, and basic all-around music wisdom. I'm already familiar with most, if not all the basics, so advanced stuff is also good.

I've started composing a little, but the music sounds plain and repeats a whole damn lot. Please help!
sugarbox
I also want it too...

please help us!!

Surprised
achene
ddukki wrote:
Anyone have any clue as to where one can find good lessons for music theory. I'm kind of looking for chord progressions, history, and basic all-around music wisdom. I'm already familiar with most, if not all the basics, so advanced stuff is also good.

I've started composing a little, but the music sounds plain and repeats a whole damn lot. Please help!

hey ddukki - dont i know you? my nick on another forum was xept?
anyways i think the best way to learn theory is be getting a teacher or buying a book
ddukki
achene wrote:
hey ddukki - dont i know you? my nick on another forum was xept?
anyways i think the best way to learn theory is be getting a teacher or buying a book
Hey, yeah, I remember you! You were Akura's friend. How's your site doing?

I've tried books, but they're all basics and I don't have the money to buy some of the more advanced ones. My school teachers don't really have the resources to teach us theory so I'm stuck with nothing.
Scott
I've used musictheory.net for a lot of ear training for my AP music exam, but it may not have what you're looking for.

Traveller
Probably along similar lines, I'd like to know good, online resources for learning solfege (movable "do").
ddukki
Thanks. That helps a lot, Scott. It's what I was looking for, but there's still some things it's missing. The chord progression chart helps bunches, but it's lacking something that I was looking for; such as standards and melodic theory. Harmonic theory was included in that site, though, which will definitely help me out.
Scott
Glad that site helped. In your searches have you come accross any sites with informaton on modulation? I've had trouble with that lately.
oldts
ultramusician.com is a really great site that has what you're looking for.