FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CATS!

dshorr
Oh how I love cats. I have two myself but i'm hoping to get another kitten soon. One of the reasons I love cat's is that I feel that the affection and love they give is true because they're normally fairly solitary and any affection must be special (or maybe the figure out that we're the ones who feed them..) I have two cats, one male, about 14 years old, he's black with a bit of gold on his tummy. He has a long thick beautiful coat, and would be almost perfect apart from a small crook on the end of his tail. My other cat is femiale and only about 8, she's quite fat and not nearly as nice of a coat, but still very pretty.
benjad
I thought CATS was going to take over the world:
CATS

Oh, you mean cats, felinus domesticus. wrong cats.
HoboPelican
Well, that is one way to look at cats....the other is that they are only using us for food and warmth Laughing

I've had cats, dogs and ferrets and while I love 'em all, at heart I'm a cat guy. I have two cats at the moment also. They are brother and sister, so they play a lot with each other.

In fact, I gotta go and feed the critters....Honcho is typing more letters than I am! Laughing
filmeroz
I have 3 cats:)

I guess it is more of an obsesion Razz

i found them on the street, well 2 of them Smile

And love them all Smile

Al
SusieSmacktard
Cats are like potato chips, you can't stop at one Smile We had just one for a while, but then heard about an abandoned kitty who needed a home. Of course, we were sucked in. Now we have two cats and a dog, and think that's enough animals for now.
Duncan Idaho
I love cats. Ive had my cat family for 3 generations. I think one of my cats is the devil, he wont die, he's black, and is as big as a bobcat.(sortof) . His name is Loui
HoboPelican
Hey, Duncan,

Was Loui neutered? Almost all of my cats were spade or neutered, but I had one male cat that I didn't have snipped and lordy, he got huge! Head bigger than a softball and well over 36" nose to tail.
Whong
I like cats, but usually I think of them as lazy, only eating and sleeping animals that don't like to play, but scratch! Laughing
Cats are OK in my opinion, I like them, but not really that much!
I like dogs because they are trust worthy animals, and they are great fun to play with! I don't own a dog or a cat, and don't think I'll ever own one! Reasons you may ask, 1. I'm allergic for both cats and dogs, 2. they are a lot of work, especially dogs! Laughing Wink Idea
ashen
I love cat! I have one in my house and 4 in my parents house. Almost all of them are wild cats that have tamed by me. Even if they're tame now, but I like to let my cats hunting. One of my cat can catch a bird and a big rat, she is so clever. But they have a very bad habits...
quartnee
I love cats for many reasons, every since I found my first one hiding in my shed at my fourth birthday. One is that unlike dogs, who like to play all the time, cats are just fine with a pat or scratch and go about their business. You don't have to walk a cat, though some may find litterboxes a nuisance, i rather clean one than go walking at like 5:00 in the morning x]. Another is that they are really independent, you let them out the house, and they'll come right back when they feel like. Dogs may do the same, but for some reason i feel that a dog would get lost unlike a cat would. That's just my opinion, but i feel its valid. My favorite kinds of cats are Mainecoons. They are the coolest, and really funny too.
xoxmeholly
I love my cat, Oliver. He's orange...and named after the cat on Oliver & Company, since I got him when I was little, and I was VERY uncreative then. But then again, what little kid isn't? He has this fat that hangs down, and it jiggles when he walks. We call it flubber. He's a cute little butterball, that comes when I call him, purrs before I touch him, and most importantly, HE SNORES!

We used to have a cat named Rascal. But sadly, he had kidney failure, and we had to put him to sleep. When I was younger, I didn't like him that much because I didn't understand the difference between cats and dogs....as in how to pet them and stuff. But I started liking him when I got a kitten (Oliver) and watched them play, when I was probably <7.
Jim_the_cat
I have 3 cats in my house, they piss all over the DAMN carpet!
actually only the female one does but still!

my other cats are fat, they eat almost every hour
danito
cats are awesome, especially black cat (that's his name) who is a one eyed mongrel that will just stand there while big dogs run up to him barking, I think it's when they get really close and he starts to lick his paw that they get really worried, cos they just stop, which aint really smart cos if they're close enough then they're gonna have a bleeding nose before they know it. So anyhow Black cat lost his eye due to his bad habit of thinking that cars were much the same as dogs i.e. he didn't have to move for them. problem is he refuses to think he has to now.
HoboPelican
danito wrote:
cats are awesome, especially black cat (that's his name) who is a one eyed mongrel that will just stand there while big dogs run up to him barking, I think it's when they get really close and he starts to lick his paw that they get really worried, cos they just stop, which aint really smart cos if they're close enough then they're gonna have a bleeding nose before they know it. So anyhow Black cat lost his eye due to his bad habit of thinking that cars were much the same as dogs i.e. he didn't have to move for them. problem is he refuses to think he has to now.

Yeah! My big ole Monster did the same thing! I saw 2 dobermans get loose and run full tilt for Monster and he just sat there and stared at them. When they got close, he just layed down... freeing up all four sets of claws. One did get a bit of a bloody snout by being to inquisitive. I know they could of killed him, but I think the fact that he didn't run changed the rules in their little brains and they didn't know what to do. It's all in the attitude, eh?
Reina
I have a cat. He's 13. i got him for my 6th birthday.
He's always been the top cat in our neighbourhood. Always getting in fights and such. He's long furred and has a little nick out of his ear.

ashen
@ Reina :
He is so cute! Do you have a full body photos of him?
I want to see him clearly.
magneto_ms
Cats are awesome. I am going to get one pretty soon. Don't know why so many people hate cats. I find them way better than dogs. Very Happy Just a personal opinion. There may be a lot of dog lovers in here..Smile
orlandu63
Hell yea. I have two cats, Kica and Kitty (>_>) and I boh love them very deeply. What would I do without them.....
filmeroz
What can i do with them when it is so hot outside, but we all live in an apartment wiht almost no air.
megafx

My Cat is sooooo wierd lol
m00tmuffin
haha, awesome cat, yours looks like one of ours /grin

I'm a cat person...can't quite connect the same way with dogs for some reason. My cat sleeps with me every night, what can I say?--my dog wouldn't do that. /grin
bonestorm74
Cats are great. We have two 3 year old Burmese and they have such a great temperament.

A few weeks ago they both started spraying around the house quite a lot! Has anyone come across this? At first we thought it might have been because we painted a couple of rooms (apparently renovations can set this off), but after a lot of trial and error we believe it is cats from next door agitating them. Ours are indoor cats so they don't interact with other cats a lot.
HoboPelican
filmeroz wrote:
What can i do with them when it is so hot outside, but we all live in an apartment wiht almost no air.

Make sure they always have plenty of water! In Phoenix, AZ leaving a cat indoors with out AC and windows closed could really do harm to a pet. Any vets out there have any help for filmeroz?
quixotic
HoboPelican wrote:
filmeroz wrote:

Make sure they always have plenty of water! In Phoenix, AZ leaving a cat indoors with out AC and windows closed could really do harm to a pet. Any vets out there have any help for filmeroz?

I'm not a vet, but I'm a daughter of one, and my knowledge of animals is what prompted her to switch jobs, so here's my advice.

In out apartment we've always had problems with the AC, due to bad building management. LOTS of water, ice cubes, you can even keep towels in the freezer (they're really good for you, too XD). Fans are good too, though if you have more than one cat, they'll fight over who sleeps closest. XD

Depending on where you live, that should help. I live in Chicago, and two of my cats are 12 and 16, and they've never had any medical problems, much less heat-related ones. ^^;
ashen
megafx wrote:
My Cat is sooooo wierd lol

Your cat is so cute~!
danito
guaallla, amazing, a freind of mine has a maine coon, it the biggest cat I've ever seen, with a massive long bushy tail, I just saw it for the first time, he would have to be almost a metre long from tip of nose to tail. And he has the cutest little wisps of hair on top of his ears, I just gotta get me one of these.
megafx
My poor cat was one i rescued, the owner had him locked up in a two by four cageand he only cleaned out the thing like once or twice a month. He was thourghly malnurished adn was close to death when they got him out. Now hes a healthy 5 eyar old pussy cat and he enjoys chasing butterfly's round my spacios garden Very Happy rawk on to the RSPCA
Bourgondier
I have two cats myself, and they are bro and sis Razz
elh_merc
I'm a cat person myself. I have two cats, one is a house cat and the others is outdoors. The indoors one is pretty lazy and sits around all day. The outdoors one is more active but doesn't give you much attention unless you got food. A great time killer for me is http://www.mycathatesyou.com/ . Lots of funny pictures, even bought the book Laughing
ashen
elh_merc wrote:
A great time killer for me is http://www.mycathatesyou.com/ . Lots of funny pictures, even bought the book Laughing

Aww, so cute pics! Its a cool site for all cat lover. Thanks for sharing the URL! ^^
ninjakannon
I have no cats, this is becasue I'm alergic to them Sad, as well as all fury animals...

But I do think that cats are the funniest creatures on Earth!!!

Click here to view an uber funny cat vid

And another...

And Another!
yhadie69
I HAVE 5 CATS IN MY HOME
and the name is:
1: tyruuss
2: chimonk
3: ucit
4: emak
5: ongky....... Razz
ninjakannon
yhadie69 wrote:
I HAVE 5 CATS IN MY HOME
and the name is:
1: tyruuss
2: chimonk
3: ucit
4: emak
5: ongky....... Razz

That's verging on scary, yhadie69. FIVE CATS!! That really is a lot you know. Someone my friend knew did have 20 cats, which is a bit crazy - don't go that way Razz. Men from the government came and took some away from them...
Anaa
I love cats - but I can't have any. I'm allergic to them Sad
zamolxes
here are my two cats:
dixy and moti

also see the context:
http://virgil.wordpress.com/2006/02/23/squash-and-stretch/
Guyon
Not to be rude or mean to all of you cat lovers out there but when they are kittens they are sooooooo cute! when they are cats, they aren't cute....

My aunt has 3 cats and 1 of their fathers was on television before. He, is one of the most famous studs too!

Rachel
ninjakannon
Guyon wrote:
Not to be rude or mean to all of you cat lovers out there but when they are kittens they are sooooooo cute! when they are cats, they aren't cute....

My aunt has 3 cats and 1 of their fathers was on television before. He, is one of the most famous studs too!

Rachel

I have to agree, mostly. Some cats are still slightly cute though.
I think cats are the funniest creatures on earth, the things they do are hilarious.
Sorcier
I've 3 cats fulltime and the father half time because he's still wild!
All of them in a small flat with my girlfriend and me!
triggerhappy
I HAVE 10 CATS IN MY HOUSE
1 junior he is 15 pounds!!
2 pj is married to the fatso
3 sassy the loner
4,5 kk and jj the first litter
6-10 second litter
percy the scratcher, pepperann and choley the calm, and tiger and garfield the taby twins

3 OUTSIDE CATS
kisses even thoug he is a guy we didnt know when we named him
and paprika and pinnicle just showed up on our doorstep a few weeks ago

SO WE HAVE A TOTAL OF 13 KITTEYS AND KITTENS
ninjakannon
Are you sure you have enough cats, triggerhappy. I really think that that's a bit obsessive and over the top. I mean some people think that three is too many Shocked
triggerhappy
so what if i have alot of cats one of them is my favorite but i will tell you about my dead second favorite accidents happened about an hour ago his was penicle i know his special trait but not his personalty because when you are young your frontly lobe is not devlobed which is the part of the brain that has the personalty but his trait was close to junior lazy but he was also fearless my favorite dog pookie chewed on him he just look her in the eye and grrrrr and pounced on her almost felt sorry for the old white dogie but knowing the size of that kitten i did not, he was a great black little kitty but he died when pookie broke her neck in two Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad that made me angry at pookie but then i forgave my dog didn't hurt her but i forgave my dog for killing that poor cat Sad Crying or Very sad
ninjakannon
That's a pretty sad sorry. I feel sorry for you cat; but you're a good person for not hurting your dog - remember, that's its natural instinct.