FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Graphics go red and fussy during games!!!

billybob
Some times when I play games my graphics go red and fussy, I have tryed reinstallin the latest graphics card drivers and updating direct X to the latest version. My card is G-force 4 MX Embarassed ( i really need to upgrage!) any ideas what could be the problem...

OH BTW I only really play one game and thats C & C Generals usualy over a LAN (not that that makes a diffrence). It doesnt always do it and usually kicks in just before that game starts (on the menu) or in the middle of a game (which is reall fustratin as i have to leave the lan game and cannot rejoin Twisted Evil ) But when i quit the game all other graphics are ok but if i restart the game it will be red and fussy again so i have to restart....

so any ideas?
lukeropro
just contact your pc manufacturer...
AlexNet
It sounds to me like the graphics engine in your game is not correctly utilizing your video hardware drivers, try to get the latest version of your video drivers, and then see if there are any patches out for your game. If that doesnt work, post back here.

Alex
billybob
AlexNet wrote:
It sounds to me like the graphics engine in your game is not correctly utilizing your video hardware drivers, try to get the latest version of your video drivers, and then see if there are any patches out for your game. If that doesnt work, post back here.

Alex

I have had alook for patches but only can find an online patch (for multiplayer) which fixes sounds problems online and my card driver is the latest i got it last week while trying to fix the problem myself... what confuses me is that it doesnt always happen... and that it just sometims kicks in half way threw a game but never starts red...
Donutey
either your card is dying (visual artifacts mean something is wrong with the card itself) or that game doesn't like that old card.

Has that game always done that with that card, or has it just recently started happening? and is this the only game it occurs in?
billybob
Donutey wrote:
either your card is dying (visual artifacts mean something is wrong with the card itself) or that game doesn't like that old card.

Has that game always done that with that card, or has it just recently started happening? and is this the only game it occurs in?

I dont think it used to do that and I couldnt really tell you if thats the only game it does it on as thats the only game i really play anymore....
so....

I might treat myself to a new card as even if it isnt the card its self i could do with a upgrade.
Chris24
Have you tried omega drivers?