FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Halo 3 - will be callled Halo Forunners

flipside
Well its been confirmed,

The leading xbox videogame series Halo will have a third halo! However it will not be called Halo 3 it will be called Halo Forerunners! This game will talk about the mesterious side on whom was responsible for building the Halo Rings and this game is also supposedly according to the videogame magazine game informer enviroments to be 100% destructable! Time will tell what type of surprises Bungie will put into there next halo!

What do you think this game will have in it????
linkman2004
Dude, first of all it's been known that Halo 3 has been in development for a long time, Second the name Forerunners was never actually confirmed to be it's real name, and third I seriously doubt games will have %100 destructable enviroments for a long time.
Josso
I must admit I have not known about the third in the series but however I am not a regular at Gearbox or any other halo orientated community anymore. Yes it is true that 100% destructable enviroments is very unlikely and I would be surprised if they acheived it (especially with multiplayer gaming).
rightclickscott
The main thing I heard about Forerunner was that there were going to be completely open missions. There was a good example I heard of this, it went something like:

"Let's say you had to take a weapons cache. You could choose not to, and instead go do something else. However, your enemies may get to the weapons before you and use them against you and so forth..."

I just don't know what I think of the Halo series now after it's mass commercialization. I can't stand the masses of people who play xbox live, whether it be 10 year olds or racist red staters, who call themselves gamers.
AdamantMonk
I like the idea of destructible enviroments. Imagine the possibility of blowing a hole from one side of a map to the other, like a little cave. IDK it'd be unique but at the same time can subtract alot of the balance from the map. (Imagine spawning in a blown out former base... Think spawn killing of Bural mounds, But every map.)

The open-endedness could also be quite cool, though if it's true I'm lookin forward to the Forerunner high-end MJOLNIR armor (343GS said something about MC's armor being pretty ancient, at least by forerunner standards) more than anything else, Because I think that even the open-endedness could Take away from alot of the storytelling elements that made the previous 2 Halos so good.

I say until Bungie verifies everything else is just rumor. We may just see as there's only a few more days 'till E3.
euxapi
I dunno what new features there are going to be in it, but after watching that trailer...that sealed my purchase of an Xbox 360. It looks awesome and the storyline seems really promising. An artifact buried in the Earth's crust...I have no clue where they are going with this but it seems really interesting.

Halo 3 will rock!
paranoid
euxapi wrote:

Halo 3 will rock!

signed...but what about graphics...
chargoyle
Microsoft has a ton riding on the success of this game. I think they can pull it off graphics, story and gameplay-wise, but it's going to be difficult. You've got millions of people all over the world OBSESSED with the game, and they can't be disappointed either. I think they made a mistake in Halo 2 for promising so much and leaking so much information that by the time the game came out, everyone knew what was in it and was disappointed by what wasn't. If they keep their leaks on the mysterious side and stick to some really good trailers and ambiguous public statements, then people will have a much different expectation, which would be easier to satisfy. But this is a big deal, considering the $192 million Halo 2 brought in on the first day. It's going to be very hard getting CLOSE to that same kind of success.
rightclickscott
paranoid wrote:
signed...but what about graphics...

I saw the graphics in the trailer, they are f*cking amazing!
Kai
Honestly I think they rushed Halo2 it was crap, Halo1 is better. Halo3 I am looking forword to though
hodgenpodg
Halo 1 was awesome...Halo 2 was decent...anyone else see the trend?...i just hope they dont ruin the whole series...i have some faith so im hoping it will be fantastic...if not the multiplayer is always good.
rightclickscott
Halo 3 might just be the entire overhaul that the series needs. Instead of just making another half-assed game, it looks like they're working on fixing all of the problems of Halo 2, and putting an end to the story that I just want to see end already.
ltbennett
i thnk in the final game halo 3 will have 100% destructable maps to a point im not to sure about the other fetures but if its as good as the firest one with xbox live u will find me at the front of the cue wating over night for the relece

i hope halo3 isent rushed like the second one there are high hopes lets all hope microsoft dosent crush them and if they do we can become an angry mob yay!!!
Ghost900
I think Halo 3 is just going to be called Halo 3 because in the movie they released it was just called Halo 3. About the all destruction of anything I don't think that will work. Very Happy
nealio1000
flipside said: Well its been confirmed,

The leading xbox videogame series Halo will have a third halo! However it will not be called Halo 3 it will be called Halo Forerunners! This game will talk about the mesterious side on whom was responsible for building the Halo Rings and this game is also supposedly according to the videogame magazine game informer enviroments to be 100% destructable! Time will tell what type of surprises Bungie will put into there next halo!

What do you think this game will have in it????

Where did you see that the name would be called Halo Forerunners!?!?!?! The game looks AMAZING from the trailer. I cant wait to get it!!!!