FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

"Five in a row" contest! [1500 frih$]

Arin
hi girls and boys!

I'd like to invite you to Five In A Row Contest.

First of all - this game is also called Gomoku, you can find the rules here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomoku

Second - we will play at online free games service called Kurnik - go at www.kurnik.org to take a look.

This service provides great system for organising provate tournaments. All you need to do is to:
1. visit www.kurnik.org and create an account.
2. pick "five in a row" and play few games in order to familiarize yourself with the interface and gameplay.
(note: it requires Java Runtime Environment)

Tournament will be hosted be me - my username at kurnik.org is arintien, and tournament ID is #747265. Tournament will be played on Saturday, May 13th, 2006 17:00 CET, 15:00 UTC, 16:00 GMT. Take a look what time/date it is in your timezone!
Full list of private tournaments is availbe here:
http://www.kurnik.org/intl/en/tournaments/?on=gm&pt=1&gid=gm
you can see that one founded be me there too.

Tournament will be played in Swiss system. More information: http://www.kurnik.org/intl/en/tournaments/info.phtml?gid=gm

Signing up to tournament (not to kurnik.org!):
Altough everyone can enter our tournament room when we will be playing I (as the founder) will pick up only those of you who will declare that you want to participate.
To participate:
1. Create an account at kurnik.org
2. Send me a pm on forum that you want to participate. In the pm put your kurnik.org username.
3. You will get affirmation from me.
4. Join the tournament room 15-10 minutes before tournament starts!
5. When in room you need to hit a button that you want to play in the tournament. I will accept you then, thats all.

Prizes:

I put 300 frih$ for prizes. The pot will be shared as follows:
45% for the first place.
25% for the second place.
15% for the third place.
10% for the fourth place.
5% for the fifth place.

You are free to put donations for the contest's pot. As much as you want, even 5 frih$ will be great. Just donate them to me, and as a donation title insert "contest pot". All donators will be listed in this thread (if they want, of course).

I hope many of you will participate, it will be great fun. And dont worry if you wont make it in time - if this thing works we will found another one :D.

cheers,
Arin.
Arin
In the pot: 1500 frih$!

Donators list: (sorted by time of donation)
  • Arin
  • n0obie4life
  • tidruG
  • wumingsden
  • Blaster
  • orno
  • saratdear
  • selim06
  • Bondings
  • mathiaus

Amount of players: 9

Players list: (sorted by time of signup)
  • Arin
  • n0obie4life
  • tidruG
  • mathiaus
  • Bondings
  • wumingsden
  • Blaster
  • saratdear
  • selim06
n0obie4life
Signed up. I'm donating 50 FRIH$ to the pot.
tidruG
I'll donate 100 FRIH$.
Just let me know when the competition is and to whom I should send the FRIH$
wumingsden
Just sent you a donation of 200 Frih$ for the contest. I also signed up

- I've never noticed this before but the word "contest" is quite a wierd word Smile
Blaster
Is there still room for me? If there is I will pay you Very Happy Sounds like fun

I donated 300 to the pot. Come on now people you can afford it.
orno
dont think i need my $$ for anything (not yet anyways) so i'll donate 300 as well...

maybe i'll take part too if i get time...
may the best frihost-er win!

P.S where do i send the $$ to?
n0obie4life
Donate them to Arin Wink
orno
hmm...i wonder what the "Modify n0obie4life's Cash" button does Wink

but seriously, u can spare a few 1000 to add to the pot...dont be greedy Razz
Blaster
yea i donated 300 frih. All the mods donated what? wuming was the highest at 200. Arin is the only one who actaually put money in.
n0obie4life
orno wrote:

Geez, I never tried it orno Sad
TeenZine
n0obie4life wrote:
orno wrote:

Geez, I never tried it orno Sad
Come on make a donation. PLEASE
n0obie4life
We all did.

It's better than people who didn't donate and joined Rolling Eyes.
TeenZine
You can afford a few thousand I can't * im not kidding 40% of my money is for the frihs lotto*
n0obie4life
Oh comeon, I'm not referring to you.

There's one person who joined but never donated (i'm not giving names.)
Blaster
*cough*bondings*cough Wink

I donated 300 so you can't blame me on that. Just ask arin. Very Happy
selim06
Hmmm...I don't have as much points as yours but i think i can donate $200Frih if you accept...
With Regards
Notice:I am going to play and i've no experience so you can bet me but it doesn't mater just for fun Very Happy ...
n0obie4life
Good luck to all.

The game is starting in half an hours time Wink.
selim06
there is only 9 mins remaning but i can't see anybody in the room?May be i have problem do you think?Could you see anybody?
edit1:Finally i saw Bondings...Thanks..
selim06
Yeah the game is finished what do you think i think it will be a tradicton for Frihost...That was really great,i've played it first but i win 4 points not so bad...I was 3th but i think i will be 5th next one that was only luck... ::::::::::Smile
edit1:a newround and a new hit i'll beat... Very Happy
n0obie4life
We're starting another round..this time we'll have the full list of people there. There was a shortage (some people came late Very Happy).
saratdear
Hey, I too played and they said the tournament has stopped immaturely or something like that. What's going on? And I got only 3 points(sob) but when I looked in the room, that was the fourth place, I think. So, will I get anything?
Sarat
n0obie4life
We've started a new one now

http://www.kurnik.org/intl/en/tour.phtml?tid=757210
selim06
n0obie4life wrote:
We've started a new one now

http://www.kurnik.org/intl/en/tour.phtml?tid=757210

as i said before
Quote:
I was 3th but i think i will be 5th next one that was only luck
i was really lucky so i am 5th...Tha was a reel good game...Hey wumingsden
enjoy time with your 600Frih$ Very Happy i will donate 100Frih$ if you want to serve a new tournement,it may be an anniversary i think and i can talk about it in Turkish forum more Very Happy...Thanks everybody...
Blaster
man i lost. I cant' belive it. Sorry for coming late guys. You can blame it all on me Razz Its still early here you know. We have to do this again sometime.
n0obie4life
Okay so here's the ersults

First - wumingsden - 657 FRIH$
Second - arin - 365 FRIH$
Third - Bondings - 219 FRIH$
Fourth - n0obie4life - 146 FRIH$
Fifth - selim06 - 73 FRIH$
Sixth - Blaster - 0 FRIH$
Seventh - tidrug - 0 FRIH$
Eighth - mathiaus - 0 FRIH$

(this was based on the fact that there was 1460 FRIH$ and not 1500 FRIH$)
selim06
n0obie4life wrote:
Okay so here's the ersults

First - wumingsden - 657 FRIH$
Second - arin - 365 FRIH$
Third - Bondings - 219 FRIH$
Fourth - n0obie4life - 146 FRIH$
Fifth - selim06 - 73 FRIH$
Sixth - Blaster - 0 FRIH$
Seventh - tidrug - 0 FRIH$
Eighth - mathiaus - 0 FRIH$

(this was based on the fact that there was 1460 FRIH$ and not 1500 FRIH$)

thanks but still i haven't received my award,is there any problem Arin?
wumingsden
I don' think Arin has been able to be online at the moment which is a shame, I haven't seen them in a long time. I'm gathering that you are waiting for your 73 FRIH$ Very Happy I myself miss the game very much, and I still can't believe that I came first. It must be beginners luck I guess.
Scorpio
wumingsden wrote:
I don' think Arin has been able to be online at the moment which is a shame, I haven't seen them in a long time. I'm gathering that you are waiting for your 73 FRIH$ Very Happy I myself miss the game very much, and I still can't believe that I came first. It must be beginners luck I guess.

Oh! So thats why you were so generous today? Twisted Evil
Blaster
We should have another one when bondings isn't so bussy. I promise to be on time this time. Wink
Assiez
too bad i missed this one, it'd be great if we had another one.
selim06
yeah i've received it from Mathius thanks...It wasn't necassery...I only wondered.. Very Happy
wumingsden
selim06 wrote:
yeah i've received it from Mathius thanks...It wasn't necassery...I only wondered.. Very Happy

Sorry, I could have sent you the money, it didn't register that I could. Anybody else need paying still ? I'm not gonna edit my own frih$ amount but if anybody still needs paying then I'll be happy to do sort it all out ?
Blaster
I need my 0 frih wuming. Razz but if I where to host one by a show of posts who would join in? I really want to have one some time soon. Who knows i might get n0oibie to come and join us.
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
I need my 0 frih wuming. Razz but if I where to host one by a show of posts who would join in? I really want to have one some time soon. Who knows i might get n0oibie to come and join us.

I doubt that you'll be able to do it, you need to play at lot of games in order to host one. Anyway, if you do start one up then remember to open up a new thread. You may also need permission from Arin.
DawningLight
I have been so busy I missed this totally. Yet it sounded really cool. Sorry I missed it.
When you going to do it again...that way I will know when to keep an eye out. I like stuff like that.
Very Happy
Blaster
I am thinking about doing it like sometime in june. I have finals not next week but the next then get out of school the week after that. Next week i will be busy too. So really i wont' have time. It will probley be like maybe last week of june or something.
n0obie4life
I haven't received my FRIH$ Rolling Eyes
wumingsden
Decided to -close- this Thread until Arin returns otherwise there'll be another SPAM epidemic Very Happy If you haven't recieved your Frih$ then feel free to PM me like I mentioned above.
Arin
Gah, sorry guys for the delay.

Finally I've shared the pot. I hope everyone got their prize. Congratulations! And thank you for participating in the event :).

cheers,
Arin.

(I'm unlocking the thread)
selim06
Arin wrote:
Gah, sorry guys for the delay.

Finally I've shared the pot. I hope everyone got their prize. Congratulations! And thank you for participating in the event Smile.

cheers,
Arin.

(I'm unlocking the thread)

Arin you donated me 73Frih$ but I've already received it from Mathiaus...I will donate 73Frih$ back to Mathiaus...Is it clear?
n0obie4life
I've got my prize money from mathiaus.
Manofgames
is the competition still on / is there another one??
ninjakannon
Manofgames, considering that the last reply was by n0obie4life (remember he left weeks and weeks ago) on Sun June 04, 2006 at 3:52PM, I don't think that this competition is still on.

@ People with power: Closify?
Manofgames
ninjakannon wrote:
Manofgames, considering that the last reply was by n0obie4life (remember he left weeks and weeks ago) on Sun June 04, 2006 at 3:52PM, I don't think that this competition is still on.

Sorry, didn't look at that Embarassed
saratdear
Hey, can someone open a second round or something for this?
hunnyhiteshseth
Hey can someone lock this thread to stop spamming of this thread.
ninjakannon
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Hey can someone lock this thread to stop spamming of this thread.

I've already asked...
I wrote:

But none of the mods or admins have noticed yet; come on guys! Confused
Manofgames
maybe someone needs to change the title Wink
ninjakannon
Manofgames wrote:
maybe someone needs to change the title Wink

That would be Arin.
On this subject I have something to say: Oh my god (I put a lowercase "g", i'm not refering to God!)! A moderator with -25.70 Points. Wow, I hadn't realised.

As Arin's a mod I'm going to PM him to ask him to close this thread.

Now, I'm not going to continue to post here as it's just basically idle spammy chat. Follow my example. Wink
mathiaus
Closify? Haven't heard that one before Razz
-closify-

EDIT: No that doesn't work!
-close-