FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Should frihost sell merchandise?

Should frihost sell merchandise?
Yes
76%
 76%  [ 16 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

lukeropro
Should frihost sell merchandise to earn more money? Frihost has over 10000 members and I'm sure someone will buy them and Bondings can make more money and maybe increase the specs of the servers like maybe instead of 250mb webspace maybe we can have 30 mb more? I would love to buy a frihost keychain.. Very Happy
mathiaus
The answer will probably be no but I'd also like a FRIHost keyring Razz
moved to suggestions forum as well.
Daniel15
FriHost merchandise would be cool Smile

I suppose you could make your own at a site like www.cafepress.com or something Very Happy
lukeropro
lol yeah but I was just making a suggestion...Still hoping for a frihost keychain! Very Happy
billybob
Yeah sounds good! I don't know if i would go as far as warin a FriHost T-shirt but a keyring yeah I'de buy one!
Scorpio
I would like such an idea for a t-shirt or a keychain.

But also there must be a good and cool design in order to captivate members

Like the bear thing in phpbb.com.

But anyway, I rarely buy things online and even if i do, i buy only in extremely secure places.
alkady
I like a T-Shirt saying I Hacked FriHost or something funny like that, That would increase sales for sure with the funny message.

Heck for the Pothead Community, You can release: FriHost, A Joint Effort with a weed sign JK. But I definately would buy the first T-Shirt.
lukeropro
I would still prefer keychains, not t-shirts...
Scorpio
alkady wrote:
I like a T-Shirt saying I Hacked FriHost or something funny like that, That would increase sales for sure with the funny message.

Heck for the Pothead Community, You can release: FriHost, A Joint Effort with a weed sign JK. But I definately would buy the first T-Shirt.

Yes you can also conduct a contest for the one who comes up the best catch phrase.

Many would eagerly participate in this promotion.

Someone can think up some special gift article like stuff to sell.

It wil be nice.
RaMo
Or something like Ebay? If people want to sell things they can sell it on Frihost, Exactly like Ebay, because if u have more than 10000 people atleast half would want to sell cd's dvd's and all?
orno
good idea....
and i came up with another one, if we ever start selling t-shirts: Actual quotes from users.... maybe some stuff from the Best Quotes thread (too lazy to get the link here)

noobie is gonna be immortalized for sure then Smile
lukeropro
The ebay idea is invalid. Frihost is a place for web hosting, not for people to sell stuff Very Happy
Scorpio
lukeropro wrote:
The ebay idea is invalid. Frihost is a place for web hosting, not for people to sell stuff Very Happy

Seriously, I agree with you.
For implementing something like that, you need to put in lot of work, big time

And I'd rather buy from ebay than here.(it has a better reputation as a seller/buyer)

Who says we HAVE more than 10000 people.

More than half have never posted.

800+ are in -ve points

Only around 500 users are active, if you can call that.

Useless for a forum like this
billybob
FriHost merchandise = cool

FriHost Auction = Shocked Shocked Nah... why when theres ebay and who would actually use it....
Marston
alkady wrote:
I Hacked FriHost
Neutral I fail to see the humour.
Blaster
how about a shirt saying. n0obie4life vs. Blaster thursday May 5 2006 at 8:00 Very Happy and have a picture of a computer Very Happy
04S07
Selling merchandise is always a good idea.

There are 2 good reasons I can think of.

1) Money gained from selling the merchandise can be used to keep frihost.com running.
- And those who want to donate can get something in return for their nice deed.

2) Publicity!!!
- Just imagine people wearing frihost.com T-shirts and walking down the streets. If the design of the T-shirt is good, more people will be likely to notice it and more people will check out this awesome site and hopefully join us =)

Besides, it's so easy to set up a small e-shop nowadays...
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:
how about a shirt saying. n0obie4life vs. Blaster thursday May 5 2006 at 8:00 Very Happy and have a picture of a computer Very Happy

You will be bankrupt by making those shirts

Nobody except you is gonna buy it
UnikeViruz
If you hat a FriH hat I'd buy it...And a keychain too probably ...or a beanie..lol I'd support you guys ! hells yes!
Reign
i would defenitly buy a tshirt!

i love what frihost is doing in providing webspace and would be wearing a tshirt of frihost with pride!

also would be a commercial stunt Smile
MWANGI
I think that it is a brilliant idea to sell things here and I think Bondings should hire you to be incharge of sales.I'm serious on this one.I think may people will buy stuff since the forum probably has like a million members (not counting the visitors)

The only problem I think is that it might slow down the forums but that's just a guess.I know nothing about internet traffic except the name"Internet Traffic Smile "
rajhank
I would love to have a frihost keychain or maybe for that matter a pen, a t-shirt is also a good idea.So, what do you Bondings?Ready for some serious selling?
babumuchhala
Yes Indeed, i would love Frihost Merchandise.

But the question is who , would buy it & what benifit the buyer gets. :s

And since merchandise is akin to donation I dont think Bondings will accept it. So dream abt merchandise till bondings says no Sad
TeenZine
Dang your mean. But I agree with what you said just don't you think you could of been nicer about it.
TeenZine
daniel15 wrote:
FriHost merchandise would be cool Smile

I suppose you could make your own at a site like www.cafepress.com or something Very Happy
If I set up a store can I use the fri host logo ( for ME )
n0obie4life
Go ahead and use the Frihost logo.

Just don't blame us if you make losses out of selling the stuff..and be sure to have a "we are not directly related to frihost" there.
Mr Smith
I'd like Frihost baby bum wipes =/

I think that frihost is at an early stage at the present time, no point in trying to sell merch at the moment...
lukeropro
Mr Smith wrote:
I'd like Frihost baby bum wipes =/

I think that frihost is at an early stage at the present time, no point in trying to sell merch at the moment...

baby bum wipes? You have a baby?
Yes, I agree that frihost is at an early stage but I WANT MY FRIHOST KEYCHAIN!
Bondings
This is something I will most likely be implementing one day, but most likely not in the soon future.
Daniel15
Bondings wrote:
This is something I will most likely be implementing one day, but most likely not in the soon future.

Yay! Any ideas on what we would have? Very Happy
Scorpio
Though, currently it would have no effect for me, I'd rather he implemented some good use for the frih$ first..

because this was told a long time ago.

I mean, he said a long time ago that, in the future he might bring out stuff for frih$.

I dont mind if that gets implemented first
billybob
scorpio wrote:
Though, currently it would have no effect for me, I'd rather he implemented some good use for the frih$ first..

because this was told a long time ago.

I mean, he said a long time ago that, in the future he might bring out stuff for frih$.

I dont mind if that gets implemented first

I didnt think he ment for Frih$
Scorpio
No of course he cant sell merchandise for frih$

I say, that he could implement the earlier idea of selling bandwidth and space for frih$ before implementing the idea of selling merchandise for real money
billybob
scorpio wrote:

I say, that he could implement the earlier idea of selling bandwidth and space for frih$ before implementing the idea of selling merchandise for real money

oh yeah I agree...

sory for the missunderstanding my fault Embarassed
Daniel15
billybob wrote:
scorpio wrote:

oh yeah I agree...

Well, I personally think that if you need more than 10GB of bandwidth for a website, you should seriously consider paid hosting Razz But yeah, upgrades of some kind would be good for FriH$...

<offtopic>Billybob, you're the creator of poxyproxy.com? Nice Smile. I've used that site quite a few times...
billybob
daniel15 wrote:
billybob wrote:
scorpio wrote:

oh yeah I agree...

Well, I personally think that if you need more than 10GB of bandwidth for a website, you should seriously consider paid hosting Razz But yeah, upgrades of some kind would be good for FriH$...

<offtopic>Billybob, you're the creator of poxyproxy.com? Nice Smile. I've used that site quite a few times...

lol thanks nice to see someone still uses us, im down to gettin 200 - 300 Unique visitors per day now Shocked (ater the downtime)

p.s. I agree about considering paid host if you use over the supplied bandwith as did I, I got paid hosting for poxyproxy but they banned it! Shocked = that 2 week down time I had...
Scorpio
<off topic, sorry>

Billybob, i did find a a script from a link on your site, is it your script at phproxy.com

And how much bandwidth does it consume every month, I mean the site.
billybob
scorpio wrote:
<off topic, sorry>

Billybob, i did find a a script from a link on your site, is it your script at phproxy.com

And how much bandwidth does it consume every month, I mean the site.

It was phproxy.....I will PM you now with the details
squirrelmaster
oh yeah, i'd buy a keychain and i'd show it off,
might get a hat, just depends on what it says Razz
heady233
lukeropro wrote:
Should frihost sell merchandise to earn more money? Frihost has over 10000 members and I'm sure someone will buy them and Bondings can make more money and maybe increase the specs of the servers like maybe instead of 250mb webspace maybe we can have 30 mb more? I would love to buy a frihost keychain.. Very Happy
I doubt this will happen because one of the 4 words in the motto is free. But I agree with mathiaus, a keyring would be cool.
Scorpio
It is amazing to note that there is a "Popular" topic in the "Suggestions" forum.

Usually no0bie cuts off a topic in a few replies.

Anyway, Bondings said he wont be doing it in the near future, so why just argue along
n0obie4life
Bah true, Bondings said he'll implement this soon..

So suggestion approved?

Just wait, in the near future.

-close-