FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

divx problem on mac

rein
Last week i installed a divx codec for mac on a friends computer. To my astonishment the thing worked. It played fluently. ... for a while.
After an hour and a half of film, it starts freezing up for a few seconds at a time.
Have any of you ever had this problem? Is it because i played it from a cd?
please help.
Donutey
I'm guessing you had a divx file on a cd that you opened directly from a CD, it could solve the problem (or at least eliminate some of the causes) by copying the file first to the hard drive, then playing it.
AlexNet
Thats what it sounds like to me too, If the file is on the hard drive, rather than direct from a cd, then you dont have to wait for the CD buffer to keep filling as you are watching something.

If thats not the case, then perhaps try to find the most updated version of the DivX software, and make sure its made for that operating system version, (example, OS 8, OS 9, OS X, etc) Most software is made OS specific.

Alex
lukeropro
Maybe you should just copy the video from the cd to the hard drive...
rein
k, thanks guys i'll try that next time. Any way of disabling the power safe thing of the screen? Ater ten minutes of not touching the mouse -which you don't do when watching a movie- the screen dims down.
And i couldn't get the darn thing (quicktime) to full screen either. The option was just not available in the menu.
I thought mac was 'user-friendly'?
Nireck
There is a pack called
kazaa Lite megacodec pack, this is something made of codecs or rips of them perhaps it might work for the mac
Personally I havent tested it yet Embarassed