FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

do the servers restart every day

DeFwh
i mean if server 1 and 2 restarted once every day maybe that would relieve all that stress

Mama always said a re boot was good.
thpn
Not too educated with servers, but wouldn't that delete data from the members on them?
Bondings
During a reboot the servers are down, that's yet another downtime. It takes a while before everything is up and running again. If a server isn't able to run for several weeks or even months without a reboot, then something is wrong. Sure a reboot might fix the problem, but not what causes it.
DeFwh
i wasnt talking specifics but i was thinking a weekly reebot at 1am to 4am at

And yes a server should be able to do what u said bondings but dont u think to have significant down time during high browsing times rather then little downtimes once a week in the morning when most are a sleep.

There was a pole on where ppl were from most were from europe and US so 1am to 4am restart would be just fine i would think
Daniel15
The servers are running Linux, which doesn't usually need to be restarted often. Most Linux servers run for months without a reboot. The only real thing a reboot would do would clear the RAM, which Linux sort-of does during idle times...
DeFwh
Maybe server two is faulty then because apache seems to fail often
krazycapital
Seriously, we could restart a bilion times. Would we still have to restart? Probably. It wouldn't fix the problem. Also, depends what time you are going by... I'm -8 GMT so when it's 1-4 am server time it's noon here. When I'm working on my site usually...
NjRocket
Its a good idea because if you restarted the server at an odd time, nobody would even know notice the downtime.