FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A problem printing a PDF document

pollux1er
my pdf document has a problem. It doesn't appear like a pdf document although Acrobat reader 5.0 is installed on my computer. And wen i want to print it, i click on it, windows ask me which progrm to use. I select adobe, it opens the document. All the document is visible, but when i want to print now, it stops at page 15. I even wanted to print from 15 to the end but with no success. Help me to print it please.
phileplanet
Try upgrading to 7.0 or whatever your machine can handle. Plus, i'm not sure but I think you should be printing with something rather than Adobe.
crdowner
I agree with the previous poster that you should try upgrading to a newer version of Acrobat Reader. The previous poster is incorrect about printing from Acrobat Reader though.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Shirish
well i think you must be having problem with your print spooler

or other may be that your swap file size may be lower

try out for the solutions to above problems
gh0stface
I myself use Foxit as a PDF reader. It's a small and extremely fast stand alone program which doesn't require any installation. You might want to check it out and see if using this program allows you to print.

If you don't want to use this program, update Reader as other users have suggested. Smile

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
Scorpio
Acrobat Reader 7 is the best option, I would say..

I have Adobe Acrobat Professional 7, so this enables to create as well as edit pdf files.

Compatibility is sometimes affected if you dont have the latest acrobat reader
izcool
My guess is that your printer has very little memory in it, where it cannot handle the load all at once. If it finishes at page 15 (how many pages is the document ?), then I would just have the print setup to start from page 16 and go onward, then so on. Either that, or get more memory for your printer or just buy a new one. I'm sure there are other possibilities, but that's something I thought about.

- Mike.
pollux1er
The document is 177pages. My printer is a lazer one and is printing perfectly others documents of mare than 90 pages. i guess either the problem is from acrobat or from my document. But the entire document is readable. Do you know how i can get foxit or adobe 7.0?
johanfh
You can download the latest Reader from www.adobe.com. But I don't know whether that's the problem. It is possible, but your document can also be corrupted.
Somethng you can try is splitting your document in more documents (part 1: page 1-15, part 2: page 16, part 3 page 17 - end). You can do that with a PDF-printer, for example the one from pdf995. (Note: you need BOTH the driver and the converter!) Simply print to the printer 'pdfprinter' which will be on your pc after you install this program and the program creates a new file with the 'printed' pages. (at the same site there is PDFedit, but this is the easyest way) After splitting the file, you can print everything, even when page 16 is corrupt. Then you don't have that page, but you can fix that by putting it on your screen (you said that worked), make a screendump (press ctrl+prtscreen) and paste it in paint or something, print it and you have everything.

Good luck!
JohanFH
izcool
pollux1er wrote:
The document is 177pages. My printer is a lazer one and is printing perfectly others documents of mare than 90 pages. i guess either the problem is from acrobat or from my document. But the entire document is readable. Do you know how i can get foxit or adobe 7.0?

Since you've mentioned the page size, I would think that it would contain a lot of photographs and might clog up all of your memory and would be unable to print. Is it a manual or what kind of a document is it ? If the other thing you printed is 90 pages, then it's probably all text with very little images.

I would suggest you to click the "Select Tool" button (it shows a insert cursor on it) on the top of the window, copying everything to your clipboard (which should take some time to do), and pasting it into a Word document (which will take even more time) and try it through other such programs. Don't be impatient with your PC when it's doing the copying and pasting, as otherwise it will crash when you click on the wrong place. Trust me, it's happened to me before when I done huge copies and pastes.

- Mike.
k_s_baskar
Try to print in lower resoultion like 300 dpi or even low.
cloudship
some tricks to print PDF files from my experience:

while Adobe does not let you do something like print comments together with the file, you could find other software to do it, for example "FoxitReader", which is complete a freeware.

if the pdf is set not to print in the printing machine, you could try to print it first as a image file in any wat you like, and then print the image.

if finally the PDF file is read-only. Then try some PDF <-> DOC converting software for help.

wish you good luck!
Muscae
izcool wrote:
pollux1er wrote:

Since you've mentioned the page size, I would think that it would contain a lot of photographs and might clog up all of your memory and would be unable to print. Is it a manual or what kind of a document is it ? If the other thing you printed is 90 pages, then it's probably all text with very little images.

- Mike.

lol?
printer doesn't need loots of mememory becouse of prit spooler that cache what you are printing, and sending data to printer when it free some it's own memory.
Try to help only when you are sure what are you say.
n/c

are there any error message when it's stop printing?
what's pages count is visible in printer monitor (status monitor)?
izcool
Printers with very little memory don't perform as well as ones that do have memory to work with. It's better to let the printer hold all of the data that it needs to print instead of having the computer sending it little by little. If you suggest that cheap printers do the job, then so be it. I'm one who goes for the actual details of the printer to get the better job done out of it. If you think I don't make sense, then you should review your entry on here because there are a couple of type-o's that threw me off. The ball is thrown back at you again.

- Mike.
grantmaster
Laser printers have plenty of memory and the way windoze works is that it spools everything to disk before printing and then doles it out to the printer from there.

I would vote more for a corrupt PDF file or something Adobestupid like a missing font. Do you get any Adobe Acrobat error messages when you first open the file?

Do you get any error messages after the printing quits. How long are you waiting before going into the printer manager (if so), and deleting the job.
Speaking of print manager, what is happening with that? Is the file still saying that it is printing or does it just go away?
Muscae
izcool wrote:
Printers with very little memory don't perform as well as ones that do have memory to work with. It's better to let the printer hold all of the data that it needs to print instead of having the computer sending it little by little.

why you think like that?? even if it is true, it's just imposible to be cause of problem like pollux1er have, and that was a point of my last post.

edit.
you can try to print that document with some free pdf pronter and see if will print all pages (you can get free on from: www.cutepdf.com/)
pollux1er
i see now what happened to that printing. It was so simple, but you all should take care. i saved the document and they didn't appeared like pdf files although Acrobat was installed on the machine. the reason : my files were not having the extension to be recognized like pdf format. so i add them ".pdf" at the end. Now it goes until the end. Thank you all to have help me to resolve that problem.
soon
elyah_ariel
pollux1er wrote:

I think it's not a problem of Reader, but a problem of printing memory. That's not a question of pages, but of file size, relied to its content. If you have an old version of lazer Printer, like me, my advice is to print a few pages at same time, for example by 10. I've tried this joke before, indeed it's not very practical, but it operates.
stoned_spirit
first you can view and open your PDF documents by uninstalling and reinstalling the reader ( try to get a new version 6 or 7 ) ..

for the another problem , this is a printer memory problem , try to convert your document to a doc format " use BCL Drake to do this " and try to print ..

good luck Very Happy
jonasdiel_sk8
Some documents in PDF can be with a protection that impedes the impression or copy of your documents, for that you should see who created the document and to ask more information so that they can pass him/her even the password that angers to liberate...
pollux1er
elyah_ariel wrote:
pollux1er wrote:

I think it's not a problem of Reader, but a problem of printing memory. That's not a question of pages, but of file size, relied to its content. If you have an old version of lazer Printer, like me, my advice is to print a few pages at same time, for example by 10. I've tried this joke before, indeed it's not very practical, but it operates.

I see what you mean. propably that could has been for a few in that problem. you may be right
mukesh
But I think problem was only in Acrobat reader version not other.
Ghost Rider103
This is an extremely old problem.

-close-