FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Netrek

Maryndor
Netrek is a little 2D massive multiplayer on-line game in style of Star Trek. You take the lidership of a starship from the side of Federation, Romulans, Orion or Klingons. There’s also different ships classes like Battleship, Cruiser etc.

After you choose a server (the continuum one is recommended for newbies) you’re being asked for Login name and password. Don’t worry, no need registration. Just remember the details you were entered and use them next time.

The main screen is very useful. There’s a lot of different views, but very useful.The main one is where you see your starship and nearby area. The next to that screen is the tactical view, where you see the planets in the 4 galaxies. At the bottom of the screen is statistic, system message, chat window and starship status.

I recommend you to read well the main parts of the documentation, because in the game you’ll use much keys. Yeah, true you have to take care for shields, torpedos, phase cannons, warp speed. The mouse buttons can be configured too. By default the left one is for torpedos the right is setting the movement angle. Huh what are you thinking about?! Let go kick some Klingon’s asses?! Haha, no my boy.. you’re a COMMANDER! Very Happy Are you scared? No, I’m sorry. In fact you need some practice and you’ll handle it.

Well, don’t waste your time for reading my stuff and visit this and this and go play! Good Luck and I hope to see you in deep space.Smile

Screenshots:
The servers list
Choosing fraction
In-game
Camping Very Happy

edit:
Oh I forgot, it's free Wink