FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Black lagoon

aussiemars
Hey this is a new anime made from a one shot called black lagoon (i think it was a one shot or it had like only 13 chapters or something). Well basically this is about a regular company employee who becomes a pirate (i know thats like soooo, childish, and it is but its more mature than one piece and its about a modern pirate(s)). Back to the point, two episodes have been released af far as i know (5/5/6). I've been just temporarily banned from my favourite website so i really don't know if a new episode has come out in the last week. If you want to get to the only website i know that hosts direct links, google H night. Be warned you need a few posts to download, and it may have topics that offend.
speedlikecy
can show the picture to see???
Scaramanga
There were 5 tankoubon in the original manga (which came out back in 2002.) I'm not really sure how that makes it a one-shot, as there are quite a few manga series in Japan that only run for a few volumes.

Anyway, I've only seen the first episode, but it seems decent enough. It's a Studio Madhouse production, and they've been kind of hit-or-miss, but I'll probably give it another few episodes before I decide if I'll drop it or not.
aussiemars
Hey, u know ur probably right, its just the place i downloaded the manga from ages ages ago said it was a one shot. My bad, I reckon its just slightly above average.
TeK
I've been checking it out recently and its really caught my attention. It's a nice mix of action and comedy even if the dialog is a little mature...
Lied
I love Black Lagoon, it is interesting and has unique story, i am waiting for episode 6 now.. Sad
driftingfe3s
TeK wrote:
I've been checking it out recently and its really caught my attention. It's a nice mix of action and comedy even if the dialog is a little mature...

Same here. I saw two episodes and I gave up watching it after that.
blk3
There are 24 episode total, although I havent watched it all, Ive just skimmed thru the episodes. It seems decent enough to watch. The female lea character reminds me of tomb raider's Lara Croft because of her 2 pistols and short shorts.
carlokes
Hi there,

I have watched the first season and, just as Scaramanga said, it is a pretty decent anime, nice story (specially if you like mafia themes with thugs all around and mercenaries).

By the way, the Original Soundtrack is awesome, I have listen to it many times now and i really recommend it for the ones that like the style.

Stay Cool.
Scaramanga
blk3 wrote:
There are 24 episode total, although I havent watched it all, Ive just skimmed thru the episodes. It seems decent enough to watch. The female lea character reminds me of tomb raider's Lara Croft because of her 2 pistols and short shorts.

Sticking with an anime theme, she reminds me more of Jo from Burst Angel, although Jo was a bit more soft-spoken.

Also, for anyone that's interested, there was a second season called Black Lagoon: Second Barrage. It's due to be released on DVD in R1 in November (by Geneon.)
hofodomo01
In the wikipedia article, one of the genres was listed as "gangster". When you have a triad member called Mr. Chang with ivory dragon-plated pistol grips, wikipedia is correct. Very correct.