FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What to do?? =( Frustrated at work

ColdFire
Crying or Very sad i was away for three months because of a family problem and i just came back to work 2 weeks ago. when i left, my boss let my co-programmer (he wasnt even a programmer, see? just an old sot who thinks he knew programming, but he was an old employee of the company) handle my area (Material Management System). I've taken great pains to make that system and i was really disappointed since she gave my co-programmer access to even it's source codes!!

now this old geezer acts like he made the program! Evil or Very Mad when my boss said that she wanted some additional modules in place, he was quick to say that he's up for it. i know that he's putting some of his own projects on hold (since he's handling a different area originally) just to give time to this additional load.

i feel so left out, this used to be my area of concern and now my boss is letting somebody else do what used to be my work! im beggining to hate my boss because of this, though i know she always wants to be fair with everyone.

anyone have a good idea what to do? Crying or Very sad
phileplanet
Tell your boss what happened. If he doesn't care, quit, start being a freelance programmer and stick it to him! I'm sure that there will be many opportunities for programming employment and you will attain them for sure.
tingkagol
3 months.... that's a really long-ass time. i think you can understand why she'd do that. in a way, she was also thinking of you-- if she'd assigned someone better than you, you'd be sure you'd have NO chance of getting the job back.
kronso.23
I'm sure if you have some really good programming skills you will most likely be able to get a programming job almost anywhere... That's what being a programmer is all about, not having to take people's S**T, having a comfy office job, doing what you love, stress free. I would tell them to stick their modules where the sun doesn't shine and find somebody else!
cloudship
i think the problem of your situation is unsatisactory communication and understanding between your boss and you.

have you ever discussed with your boss about your being absent from the job and how to deal with your tasks? And did go to discuss with her about your puzzle?

i think if you made the communication properly, there would be less problems of the misunderstanding or none-understanding.
ColdFire
Quote:
Tell your boss what happened. If he doesn't care, quit, start being a freelance programmer and stick it to him! I'm sure that there will be many opportunities for programming employment and you will attain them for sure.

Quote:
I'm sure if you have some really good programming skills you will most likely be able to get a programming job almost anywhere...

I suppose i can find a job somewhere else but that would take me away from my family and friends, they're the main reason why im holding on to this stinking job. I dont think im ready to leave this place just yet.

Quote:
if she'd assigned someone better than you, you'd be sure you'd have NO chance of getting the job back

i dont think that old sot is better than me. i've been handling this system when its still in COBOL, & before i left i upgraded it to VB-Oracle by myself. That guy doesnt even know COBOL and right now we're still dependent on the old system a bit. But i think cloudship is right, i dont communicate well with my boss. i've been doing my job, not complaining bout anything, and now this, i hate her for being so inconsiderate. i just dont have the guts to talk to her bout this.

If you guys are in my situation would you open this discussion with her? knowing that things will go badly for you if it didnt turn out ok?