FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IP to geolocation?

Arin
Hi girls and boys,

I'd like to ask you - can anyone suggest me a good program, internet website, or just database with accurate IP geolocation entries? I am interested in both paid and free. (I know I can google, but I'm interested in your own experiences)

Thanks in advance,
Arin.
phileplanet
DNS Stuff and My IP Adress are good services. Those sites have more tools for IPs and stuff like that.
Josso
Yeah I was just about to say... DNS Stuff is good for that kind of thing but sometimes it doesn't work properly. It thinks (always) that I am in New York for some reason (I'm UK based).
phileplanet
Josso wrote:
Yeah I was just about to say... DNS Stuff is good for that kind of thing but sometimes it doesn't work properly. It thinks (always) that I am in New York for some reason (I'm UK based).
It's probably because that's where your ISP is located; that's the unfortunate thing about geolocation.
Nyizsa
Yes, it's great. And look what I have found out!
Quote:
IP: 216.32.68.254
City: Snowshoe, West Virginia

If someone doesn't know, it's the Frihost server.
(Sorry for being a bit off-topic...)
ashik
Try http://www.ip2location.com/
It shows the city and country you are in. It also shows your Internet Service Provider
Scorpio
www.geobytes.com/iplocator.htm

The most concise I know
Svarn
A nice visual tool for this kind of thing is called VisualRoute. I think there is a freeware version, and another version that they sell.
Talk2Tom11
The Program that i find works the best when it comes to IP geolocation is NeoTracer Pro. All you have to do it type in an IP address and it will show the locations that the program hits to try and reach the final point of the IP. Locations meaning nodes.