FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BEST PLACE FOR LEARNING FLASH!!!!!!!!

megastar
hi

i would like to learn flash

cn any body help me out with tips or e books or sites where i can learn it

thanx in advance
cloudship
i would suggest, first find a book, eg, dummy siries, and then google Smile
thenibblet
best places i've found for resources are macromedia's own site: macromedia.com and also flashplanet, the ultrashock site also has some very useful examples. try downloading examples and then deconstructing them. in terms of useful books, i like the flash bible: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471746762/sr=8-5/qid=1146781223/ref=pd_bbs_5/002-9808798-2246411?%5Fencoding=UTF8
but there're also some good action script publications, if you want to aim heavily on the programming side.

i hope this helps. good luck!
varun_dodla
There is already a thread in the software section on this please considering viewing it.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-31578.html

Thnq
megastar
THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT

I WILL GET BACK TO ALLOF YOU SOON Laughing
kronso.23
I actually know a pretty cool place where you can pick up some really good tips and get a basic feel of Flash real easy, www.cartoonsmart.com the owner of the site has many video tutorials you can download that are extremely helpful, they cost money but he offers preview tutorials that you can use, the tutorials that cost money are very cheap for a vast wealth of knowledge you gain, I would suggest the one on using flash for web design, and the free one "creating a basic head" and the transitioning images [you must sign up for a newsletter to recieve this one for free] but it is totally worth it. good luck and let us know how it goes Wink
Dragate
I don't know how good your skills are already, but if you are just a begginer you can download a free trial of macromedia flash http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/ and use the flash tutorials that come with it, of course there are other programs and other ways of doing it and many places to learn it, but this is a good place to start
curnow
i believe its best to teach yourself by studying(spelling?) other peoples tutorials which you can find at www.flashkit.com reading the manual and just playing around finding new features and how to use them like motion tweening. [/url]
tanzali2u
i had a headache to think how to do the color tweening..anyone can help me? Sad
lara
kronso.23 wrote:
I actually know a pretty cool place where you can pick up some really good tips and get a basic feel of Flash real easy, www.cartoonsmart.com the owner of the site has many video tutorials you can download that are extremely helpful, they cost money but he offers preview tutorials that you can use, the tutorials that cost money are very cheap for a vast wealth of knowledge you gain, I would suggest the one on using flash for web design, and the free one "creating a basic head" and the transitioning images [you must sign up for a newsletter to recieve this one for free] but it is totally worth it. good luck and let us know how it goes Wink

This site is great. However, do you know any similar sites that could help one learn flash free of charge? I'm also trying to look for one. Thanks in advance! Smile
ivanegues
i believe the tutorials in the help seccion of the program are very usefull. Those were my good guide, my starting good guide.
kazza
Quote:
i had a headache to think how to do the color tweening..anyone can help me?

This works if your picture/graphic is a symbol. so you need to convert it into a symbol - this can be done by right-click to view contextual menu and select 'convert to symbol'. This archives your symbol into your library.

I generally would like to label the symbols as 'movieclips' rather than 'graphics' unless if it's a button.

After all that, click once on your symbol in the stage (ie, the white rectangle) look down to the properties window to where colour is and click to open its tiny menu where u can select tint to change the colour. NB. alpha allows you to make the graphic invisible.

Have FUN =)