FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

domains and subdomains doubt [another one]

juninho_14
well, i have just bought a new domain and i have some doubts

can i have unlimited subdomains using my domain hosting on frihost? if no, how many subdomains can i have?
what about my subdomain frih.net? because i would have 2 websites running on my account? will it b the same?

thx
Scorpio
You can have unlimited sub domains as long as you have enough space on the account.

Just point your frih.net domain towards your new domain.

You need not bother about the frih.net domain.

You update the new domain alone.

Just copy the files from the frih.net domain to the new domain's public_html.
Then you can access it normally

e.g.www.yoursite.com/forum instead of yoursite.frih.net/forum
But of course you have to adjust the earlier links
juninho_14
srry if i expressed myself bad, but i want to have 2 sites in my account, the one frih.net and my own domain at the same time.. is it possible?

[]s
Bondings
juninho_14 wrote:
srry if i expressed myself bad, but i want to have 2 sites in my account, the one frih.net and my own domain at the same time.. is it possible?

[]s

Yes, this is certainly possible and allowed. You can have 3 additional domains if you want, or even 10. There is no real limit as long as it stays reasonable.

You are only allowed to have one something.frih.net subdomain and are not allowed to change it yourself, you need to request it. (this is because of administration and some subdomains are not allowed to be used)
juninho_14
ok got it... i can have my domain and my something.frih.net working together in my account... thats fine then.. i will insert my domain then, and have both sites running, the frih.net and .com

[]s

thx
photographerguy
I bought a domain and set it up correctly - everything is good.
If I buy another one, how do I set it up?
Are there 2 public_html directories?

I have one for my startup business, but would like one for my online portfolio for school/job interviews/etc.
Bondings
photographerguy wrote:
I bought a domain and set it up correctly - everything is good.
If I buy another one, how do I set it up?
Are there 2 public_html directories?

I have one for my startup business, but would like one for my online portfolio for school/job interviews/etc.

If you add a new domain (not point) in your Directadmin, then yes it will create a new public_html directory for it.

/domains/<domain_name>/public_html/
juninho_14
thx Bondings, i just added my new domain at my account.. thx for your support...

[]s