FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

404 Not Found - Help Me!!!

dwcnps
I used to have 403 Forbiden Sad , now I have 404 Not Found Crying or Very sad . So can someone help me? (Site helper does not help).
Scorpio
That means that page is not available.

What page did you go to?

Is that page present in the path you gave?
Blaster
when i go to the site you provided next to your pm thing and profile i get a 404 not found thing. I don't see what is going on here.
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:
when i go to the site you provided next to your pm thing and profile i get a 404 not found thing. I don't see what is going on here.

Put a file named index.html or index.php into your public_html directory

Then check if the site works, dwcnps
n0obie4life
Let the first page you want to be shown one someone accesses the site to be "index.html" or "index.php".
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Let the first page you want to be shown one someone accesses the site to be "index.html" or "index.php".

Do I get any respite from this?
n0obie4life
Look scorpio, I don't care if I'm repeating what you said. But what you are doing is spamming, I've noticed that you have been doing that.

It is better to get a reply from a staff member sometimes.
eddy
try to do this one
yourdomain.com/index.php
or
yourdomain.com/index.html
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Look scorpio, I don't care if I'm repeating what you said. But what you are doing is spamming, I've noticed that you have been doing that.

It is better to get a reply from a staff member sometimes.

Oh ! Sorry then.

I thought everyone's reply or help counted.

I apologize if mine did not.

I wont/dont have the rights to object to you from doing the replying.
mathiaus
while you have a public_html folder its meant to redirect to domains->yourname.frih.net->public_html and the actual proper public_html doesnt seem to exist. Did you delete it?
dwcnps
Quote:
while you have a public_html folder its meant to redirect to domains->yourname.frih.net->public_html and the actual proper public_html doesnt seem to exist. Did you delete it?

What public_html folder?, I never had one Rolling Eyes .
n0obie4life
Go request for an account reset. Without the public_html folder, you cannot publish your website.
dwcnps
n0obie4life wrote:
Go request for an account reset. Without the public_html folder, you cannot publish your website.

If I have an account reset will i lose my FRIH and points, and will I have to request again?
n0obie4life
dwcnps wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

If I have an account reset will i lose my FRIH and points, and will I have to request again?

No.

Just post a request for a reset at this forum - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-7.html - your account will be deleted and re-created, that's all.
djclue917
dwcnps wrote:
Quote:

What public_html folder?, I never had one Rolling Eyes .

Or you could just make a new public_html folder via your FTP client.

/domains/<domain>/public_html

the public_html "folder" in / is just a symlink (symbolic link) which points to your "default" web site. That is, if you have only one site, then the /public_html symlink will point to /domains/<domain>/public_html

Each domain has its own public_html folder (and many others like public_ftp, private_html, etc.)

The public_html folder, as the name suggests, is a folder that is public, that is if you set the correct permissions (0755), which contains the HTML, multimedia, etc. files that your site needs.

I hope that helps...
dwcnps
djclue917 wrote:
The public_html folder, as the name suggests, is a folder that is public, that is if you set the correct permissions (0755), which contains the HTML, multimedia, etc. files that your site needs.

I've reset it but my public_html permisson is not 0755.
dwcnps
Oh, wait, I did have one, Except I deleted it, thats why it said forrbidden when I deleted all my files.
n0obie4life
You need to request for an account reset, you cannot make the folder yourself..
dwcnps
n0obie4life wrote:
You need to request for an account reset, you cannot make the folder yourself..

Yes I tried doing that before (didn't work)
mathiaus
Bonding's reset - http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=297608&highlight=#297608

-close-