FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Politics anyone?

Winterborne
Well, I've noticed there are no places devoted to politics (at least not that I've seen) on the forums. I'm not very big into politics myself, but I registered to vote to appease and silence my mom about half a year ago and got to vote for the first time yesterday in the county primaries. No one I voted for won I don't think *shrugs*. Oh well.

Anyway, I just got bored and wondered who was registered to vote and who actually gives about politics?

I personally don't think that voting changes much, not around here anyway. It's like voting for the lesser of 2 (or more, in the case of primaries) evils.
Billy Hill
Winterborne wrote:
Well, I've noticed there are no places devoted to politics (at least not that I've seen) on the forums. I'm not very big into politics myself, but I registered to vote to appease and silence my mom about half a year ago and got to vote for the first time yesterday in the county primaries. No one I voted for won I don't think *shrugs*. Oh well.

Anyway, I just got bored and wondered who was registered to vote and who actually gives about politics?

I personally don't think that voting changes much, not around here anyway. It's like voting for the lesser of 2 (or more, in the case of primaries) evils.

I think this has been brought up before. The closest thing we've got is Discuss World News. It was kind of quiet in there 'til a few days ago... Confused
toughtrio
As you all know, mostly teens in here or ppl around 20 22. So if you need politics, search a bigger website. Well there can be ppl with such interests, but believe me that u wont get any better results from in here in politics.
Emineo
Bleh I would like to discuss politics!

and people the ages 20-22 are old enough to vote! Why wouldn't they be interested in politics!
CrookedBlaze
I actually like politics. And I'm a teen.

Then again, I was raised in Berkley (by the UC on College Ave!) and our closest friends were politics majors over there.

I, personally, like to hear people's political opinions to see how "politically correct" they are. I know more about politics then a teacher at my school.

I also think this is selective teaching at schools. In High Schools, especially, there is no political teacheing whatsoever exept for AP. And, let's face it, are the junkies/holligans really going to take AP Govenment and Politics?

I think it should be a class taught in every High School. Because we need to know what's going on in our country.
Vrythramax
I am a registered voter, not exactly into the political scene very much...too much lying going on, but I can certainly debate the issues with the best of them.

I don't think Frihost needs a special forum dedicated to strictly political issues, the General Chat, Discuss World News, and Philosophy and Religion forums pretty much have that covered. You can always make a suggestion to Bondings in the Suggestions forum though.
NjRocket
politics appear everywhere in our society. Every little thing you do, even if its a local sporting team, politics are involved.
caroline
I like politics and I'm a teen too! Don't stereotype Smile
I'm like the only Republican in my school Smile
I'm also the only person with a party affiliation though!
billybob
Emineo wrote:
Bleh I would like to discuss politics!

and people the ages 20-22 are old enough to vote! Why wouldn't they be interested in politics!

18 to vote in the UK....I might exicute my right to vote next time...although i have not been perswaded in any direction really...equally as bad..
Vrythramax
billybob wrote:
18 to vote in the UK....I might exicute my right to vote next time...although i have not been perswaded in any direction really...equally as bad..

the voting age is 18 in the US also, but of late the US has had the worst voter turnout in history of people between the ages of 18-24.
billybob
Vrythramax wrote:
billybob wrote:

the voting age is 18 in the US also, but of late the US has had the worst voter turnout in history of people between the ages of 18-24.

I'm not suprised at this, as who can be botherd to walk to a polling station when there is no party that apeal to this age group...nor to any really as it is hard to find a truthfull politition (do they actually exsist?) Rolling Eyes
Scorpio
billybob wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
billybob wrote:

I'm not suprised at this, as who can be botherd to walk to a polling station when there is no party that apeal to this age group...nor to any really as it is hard to find a truthfull politition (do they actually exsist?) Rolling Eyes

The other obvious reason could be that they are lazy as slobs.

Also, to put in US slang, they dont give a **** about the election

They dont care who comes to power as long as they get their PS2, McDonalds and KFCs with a lot of baseball and other blah blahs

Now, not the best of people to decide a country's future eh?

Also, they'd be better off not voting
todabeat
I am actually working at a place where they are running a campaing for a Senator in mexico. For the (Baja California State) very cool, people who give their support are very nice.
computeraki
I can't understand why some people tend to systematically confuse not voting with lack of interest in politics. It is possible that the refusal to vote is an acceptable political action. Even if not as a conscious action, the discounting of democracy is surely a strong indication of the reverence enjoyed by political leaders worldwide.
Democracy is the only political system born with an inherent suicidal tendency. Even if someone considers democracy to be the ideal form of government, we should not forget that the ideal is seldom a goal of the many.
tribe
I am a registered Republican. I vote whom I think is best, which is never a Democrat in my time for a DC job. Statewide and locally I do vote Democrat quite a bit.

I support President Bush and respect his decisions. I think the Democrats will have a tough time in the next 2-4 years taking back DC... Rudy looks like he will be running in 2008, from what I hear...