FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Do Aliens Exist?






Do aliens Exist?
Yes
77%
 77%  [ 46 ]
No
22%
 22%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 59

pecad0re
Do you guys reckon aliens exist? I mean its quite funny the way this subjects been taken in the last years. People see aliens, people getting kidnaped by aliens, people dreaming about aliens, i mean what da hell is going on? Anyway, do you guys believe they really exist?
missmurder
yes, but not in the sense of green, huge head, ufo-type aliens. i think there are other worlds with creatures on them that are similar to humans.
AdamantMonk
Yeah that is trip cos one time I dreamt I was like walking through the woods then this creature I could see thru the woods was emanating grips of light so I got the eff outta there... then the next day I went back to that area and all the trees and slopes and whatnot were exactly the same, so I went to the point where it would have been but didn't see any markings. So it probably didn't happen.

But one time when I was younger also I went out on the balcony type deal @ my house and saw some ship fly right overhead (maybe like 40 feet above?) but it was completely silent, I think it was some test ship for the US military considering it came from the DOD land that's a little ways from my house, but still cool to see, and kinda freaked me out.

Yeah I think aliens exist but they probably aren't green... mb gray like everyone says.
Synaesthetik
I think the universe is a big place, and there may be other life forms out there. Most likely not green big headed humanoids. There may even be ulternate universes in different dimensions, suppose it depends how much u read into superstring theorys.
pecad0re
its quite funny how some people tell stories that they have been kidnaped by aliens, and have sex with them! lol i just saw this tv program on the discovery channel, and this woman said she was pregnant and one morning she woke up and her baby was gone! lol she also said that her baby wasnt from her husband....but from an alien she had intercourse with!!! lol this is just hilarious. I dont believe these stories. I think some people are either crazy, or make up these stories to go on tv, be popular and even get some money. Lets think a little. If aliens exist, there are a thousand other things they could do to humans, other than have sex with up lol
pecad0re
its quite funny how some people tell stories that they have been kidnaped by aliens, and have sex with them! lol i just saw this tv program on the discovery channel, and this woman said she was pregnant and one morning she woke up and her baby was gone! lol she also said that her baby wasnt from her husband....but from an alien she had intercourse with!!! lol this is just hilarious. I dont believe these stories. I think some people are either crazy, or make up these stories to go on tv, be popular and even get some money. Lets think a little. If aliens exist, there are a thousand other things they could do to humans, other than have sex with up lol
AdamantMonk
DOUBLE POST!!!
sour_lemon_1k
I think they do.

after all, you never know where some certain moderators come from...

Wink
HDirtwater
Yes, aliens exist, and they all have funny looking foreheads and speak perfect English, just like in Star Trek.

Seriously, there simply has to be life somewhere besides here, with the universe being so vast. Whether any have visited here, I'm not so sure.
eddy
I think they do.
a.Bird
Earth basically has a bunch of energy that moves around quite noticably in the form of human beings, viruses, wind, forest fires, the ocean, volcanoes, etc. The moon is considered a lifeless rock. With that said, I believe there is other "life" in the universe. Maybe there are no human sized insects.. maybe there are. Maybe there is a planet that's made of two different types of atoms unknown to man that react with each other and solar energy, and create a type of intelligence with cognition and reason. Maybe there is life in the universe we can't really see with our eyes, or even conceptualize with our minds, making this conversation theoretically pointless. I do know that we, as a unified race, are discovering new things everday and can hardly own up to the idea of knowing everything in the universe.

There is a theory that the human race is an experiment by aliens, involving the slicing and dicing of animal DNA and alien DNA. It explains many things about ourselves that we can't seem to reasonably justify any other way. I wish I had more information and I'll update with a link if I find a website that talks about the theory.
S3nd K3ys
There's about 12 million of them in the US alone. Shocked
DeFwh
Lets see we havent even set foot on mars so far and the closet thing we can see is the edge of another solarsystem and the blur of the galaxy.

So out of finite posibilities its more likely then not but i hardly doubt theyll be anything special.
Dragonfly
I do not believe in aliens stuffs. I don't think they exist whatsoever.
Dark_Sun
I dont really think they exist because with all the technology we have here, we would have detected them a long time ago i think
toughtrio
The way National Geographic and Discovery Science show videos about UFOs, they really seem real and there isno one objecting to that. But the big reason is that y havent we ever seen them originally.
philipbool
Awww come on, where are all the cracked-up abduction stories?? I came on this thread expecting to read the neurotic ramblings of stargazers with their accounts of balls of light stopping on the horizon and coming over and kidnapping their grandmother's pet kitty.

If you're gonna have a thread about Aliens it should at least encourage the weed-smoking conspiracy theorists and the anti-government coverup club.

Where's all the Area 51 nuts? Are you not <b>on</b> google?
philipbool
well, I see HTML doesn't work in here Smile
Blaster
Well of course. What do you think bondings and his sister, n0obie4life, are? aliens of course. Duh everyone knows that.
bdoneck
with the infinate other planets besides earth, there is no way that they don't exist. just within our solar system, mars has been found with ice and therefore partially liveable, there must be at least one other planet with life theres no way that there isnt
pll
If we are here ... Why don't there's other people on another galaxy etc...
Soulfire
I have to vote 'No' because currently, they don't exist. That is to say, they are not known to exist. Show me the aliens, I'll change my mind. I think our picture of an alien has been dramatically influenced by Hollywood, and that we might be slightly disappointed at what we find, if we should find anything.
hades9366
Hey I think the chances of them being out there are pretty good but I also think the majority of "sightings" are cooked up by the delusional. Freud called it Christ transferrance; a need to believe in something outside ourselves, more powerful than ourselves which can take the place of religion. Something that can restore our sense of wonder, offer a neat explanation for things we don't understand and even remove some of our responsibility for our own destinies.

I really think there's something to the comment that the best proof that intelligent life exists out there in the universe is that it hasn't visited us.
CWFwrestling
To assume Earth is the only planet with life is insane. MY only question is, do they want us to know they are there? Or are we possibly ahead in the evolutionary chain than most if not all civilizations? This is the great unanswered question.
AdamantMonk
hades9366 wrote:
Freud called it Christ transferrance; a need to believe in something outside ourselves, more powerful than ourselves which can take the place of religion. Something that can restore our sense of wonder, offer a neat explanation for things we don't understand and even remove some of our responsibility for our own destinies.

Freud also said if you didn't get your daiper changed enough as an infant, you would have a fascination with things like anal sex, etc. Needles to say I don't think much of Freud.
Game Fortress
Yeah they exist. They are more commonly referred to as "foreigners"
criticaldensity
Game Fortress wrote:
Yeah they exist. They are more commonly referred to as "foreigners"


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA funny, i was gonna post something like that Wink

WOw, Im surprised how many believe they exist. However, i think many are interpreting the question wrong. Do I believe life exists elswhere in the universe, yes. Do I believe it has visited planet earth? No. So no, i dont believe in aliens.
Remember, alien means a foreign life coming HERE. Not necesarily life existing elsewhere. You dig?? Smile
Vrythramax
to think we (humans that is) are the only life in the infinity of space is just arrogance. There are literally billions (if not trillions or more) stars out there and each has something spinning around it that could possibly support a life form that we may not even recognize as living [by our standards]. Intelligence is another matter all together...what actually denotes intelligence...book knowlege...wisdom...instinct?

Yeah I think there are other forms of life (Aliens) out there.

@S3nd K3ys

Nice one with the 12 million in the US alone Cool
windval
of course!!

there must be other living things in the universe!

at least i think so
hades9366
AdamantMonk wrote:
Freud also said if you didn't get your daiper changed enough as an infant, you would have a fascination with things like anal sex, etc. Needles to say I don't think much of Freud.


True Freud was a moron but he was also a genius and anyone who disputes that should ask their psychiatrist why studying Freud is essential for 1st year psych students. While most people dismisss Freud, and probably rightly so, his mistakes were the starting point for modern psychiatry.

I'm not having a go at you I've seen things that I can't easily explain but that doesn't mean I believe in UFO's, ghosts or anything else. I tend to think I've been delusional more than once and I don't like to leap to convenient unsupported conclusions. I think the chances of aliens existing are good but I won't accept anything less than concrete proof as evidence of that, even my own testimony is suspect.
lukeropro
There're probably aliens in that vast universe...As said earlier, maybe not green ones but other kinds or species. Some people only claim that they get kidnapped by aliens just to gain publicity while some may just be hallucinating or something. Personally, I don't quite like talking about this topic cos it gives me the creeps, though I dunno why I wanted to view this topic...Anyways, I do believe that there some other kinds of species of living things out there, similar to us...maybe even more advance in technology...
AdamantMonk
hades9366 wrote:
True Freud was a moron but he was also a genius and anyone who disputes that should ask their psychiatrist why studying Freud is essential for 1st year psych students. While most people dismisss Freud, and probably rightly so, his mistakes were the starting point for modern psychiatry.

I'm not having a go at you I've seen things that I can't easily explain but that doesn't mean I believe in UFO's, ghosts or anything else. I tend to think I've been delusional more than once and I don't like to leap to convenient unsupported conclusions. I think the chances of aliens existing are good but I won't accept anything less than concrete proof as evidence of that, even my own testimony is suspect.


I think in all of this there is infact more evidence for Non-Terrestrial visitations having occured than against them. Of course with an overwhelming lack of hard evidence to basically say "hey... definitive proof" like bringing an alien into a courtroom or something.

That said there really isn't much evidence to completely disprove visitations (I'm sticking with visitation considering it'll be many a year before we venture out to even the next star.) so much as skeptical jibbah-jabbah like saying "Well how can you truly verify in all actuality that the sky isn't neon green?" so while some cases of encounters are easily disproven, others have several witnesses, or physical evidence, radar records, military trying to keep our noses out of it, that sort of thing. Which can't very easily be discarded as a downed weather baloon or X-plane test flight.

"True Freud was a moron but he was also a genius." That's a hell of an argument, with all respect I can infact agree with that. It's not as if EVERY theory someone comes up with can be as incredibly off as others. I just don't see how one could see NTI's as holy, or simply believe in them for the sake of belief. Of course I'm not the general public.
LostOverThere
Yes, though they haven't visited us yet.
I'm almost certain of it.

We cant possibly be the only living things in the universe.
Vrythramax
I thought Freud was the father of modern day psyco-analysis not psychiatry. hmmm...learn something new every day.
Maderotten
They must exist because we cant be alone now can we Laughing
hades9366
I've been away for awhile but wow I can feel the love.

Quote:
skeptical jibbah-jabbah like saying "Well how can you truly verify in all actuality that the sky isn't neon green?"


Good point and I'll admit my argument was pretty spurious but I do believe that a healthy amount of scepticism is essential. My point was that we've no doubt all been wrong more than once. Our senses are fairly easily decieved. Completely normal, healthy people make mistakes in their perception of the world on a regular basis. Full blown visual and auditory hallucinations are extreme examples but we all experience the more common errors in our perception like misinterpreting social interactions; whether visual or auditory we are prone to misinterpreting the physical evidence of our senses.

Quote:
"True Freud was a moron but he was also a genius." That's a hell of an argument, with all respect I can infact agree with that. It's not as if EVERY theory someone comes up with can be as incredibly off as others. I just don't see how one could see NTI's as holy, or simply believe in them for the sake of belief. Of course I'm not the general public.


I don't think the gap between genius and madness is particularly large. Maybe I didn't really explain the theory as well as I should have because I think I have had this discussion before in this forum, and outside it, more than once. It's getting late here otherwise I'd look for some decent links on this. In brief the idea is that some people choose or need to believe in some powerful outside force to explain away some of their uncertainties. It's only a theory and I don't believe it can account for all information gathered about UFO's I don't even know if I believe it at all I was just putting it out there.

Nearly finished.

Quote:
I thought Freud was the father of modern day psyco-analysis not psychiatry. hmmm...learn something new every day.


Yeah Freud is the father of modern day psycho-analysis and yeah it's a pretty long bow to draw to call him the father of modern psychiatry I was just trying to point him out as an important early proponent of what is a fairly young science.

It's funny, I wasn't really looking to assert any particular belief of my own except that I don't have any certain beliefs and I guess I was also advocating scepticism.
Ray Gravin
Wow thats a tough one eh!

I think its kinda depressing to think that in the vast reaches of our universe there could be no other form of intellegent life. So I do believe that there is a good chance of there being life on other planets like our own. Now when it comes to them traveling through the reaches of space to visit us, well that's a diffrent story all together. I mean come on what kind of physical laws have to be broken to accomplish that?
kung_fu_stu
The universe is expanding every day, and just think of how big it is already. It is completely ignorant and pompous to think the we are the only lifeforms in it. Whether or not aliens have visited earth is another story.

It is highly possible that these "aliens" could have technology that far surpasses ours and could possible reach our planet. Is this likely; probably not.

Seeing is believing so I'll just keep waiting.
h2vidz
With all of the unexplorered space that we have and probably will never see, you cannot doubt the existence of life somewhere else. They probably won't look like us because conditions on different planets leads to different evolutions. So I say there are aliens in the Universe.
7gts-scout
d universe is huge...so..we don't really know whether aliens exist.
Providence
Well, i do believe that they exist. But could be in any shape or form.

Something to go on though, is that scientists do belive that aliens have visited earth all because of some strange crop circles which can not be explained. It seems to be one of those classical examples of, do aliens really exist.

I mean there's always the thing of UFO sitings plus people supposedly getting video footage of them which of some do seem genuine. But hey, who i am to say they exist. I just think the do Very Happy
Dj Redrum
well if we so called humans exist. then what is stopping others from the same? Rolling Eyes i've voted yes.
Alegis
They may exist they may not, I can't be bothered as I don't believe we'll encounter any. At least not in my lifetime, thus I don't think about it or really believe in it.
Slammer
What really annoys me is when people straight out say they dont exist. The way i think about it is, we exist on earth, so theres just as much chance of other species existing on other planets else where. Its a very self center'd human point of view that were so superior that no one else could exist or we would have found them.

The universe is apparently never ending, so there HAS to be something out there, we can't be the only ones.

Also see the whole thing about alien obductions n stuff and ufo's. Well take mars for example, we send tons of space ships/probs there and other planets, what if there was life there(not say there is on mars, just using that as an example) they would think there are aliens too (us). And see if we found life on another planet, i can bet you any money that we would capture it and bring it back to do tests and experiments on it.

Its all very ironic.

Thats my point of view on it anyway Razz
Helios
I don't care.
Cool

Just live your life, make money, raise children.

Why do you have to worry about these kind of subjects?
Code of Ruin
If we define aliens as an entity that is not from this world then the answer is yes. There is an alien in the White House right now, elected president by it's minions. Cool
sonicj
I would think it is very likely.
nrjarchow
Statistically very likely....

In the way we create them ala science fiction... probably not. We manifest things so overdramatically that it turns to comedy as our version of aliens are made up by people who need something to hold onto
Bondings
If aliens are so advanced to reach our planet, then either they would shake hands with Bush or remain completely unnoticed, without any green lights. I highly doubt any of the 'alien' stories is true.
SFMeatwad
One day, aliens will run out of resources and with their [censored] probing, high tech' weaponry and starships, they will come to Earth, or at least stumble upon Earth like Columbus stumbled upon America. (Or as they say..)

They do exist, you know why? Well, in 2001, after the 9/11 attack on United States, they canceled, delayed and terminated all aircraft transports. Well, I saw something, not a shooting star, but it was moving and blinking. It moved, and then stopped. Moved and then stopped. At first, I thought it was a satellite, but I was wrong. It was stopping.

So experiencing that, yes, I believe in aliens. I mean, how do people think what aliens look like? I mean, how do they come up with these ideas of making them look like that on Television? (i.e. War of the Worlds) Do they just come in their minds? Plus, what are they really doing at Area 51? Testing aircraft? Yes, that's just a "cover-up" for the real stuff going on inside. It's too classified.

Anyone else have a reason that aliens could or might or DO exist?
a.Bird
Soulfire wrote:
I have to vote 'No' because currently, they don't exist. That is to say, they are not known to exist. Show me the aliens, I'll change my mind. I think our picture of an alien has been dramatically influenced by Hollywood, and that we might be slightly disappointed at what we find, if we should find anything.
How can you say "they don't exist" with such confidence? To be honest, I'm a little irked that you define the properties of reality based on your personal beliefs. Telling your children that aliens simply do not exist is completely different then saying "there is a possibility they exist, but humans have yet to discover the answer", not to mention limits their imagination.
curnow
im saying this here as i similarily did in aghost thread howcome all whobelieve in aliens see them stereotypically, howcome aliens are said to be more advanced??, howcome when UFO os said you think alien? its Unidentified Flying Object could be a rubbish bin lid with fireworks attached. lol put lights on a bin lid and throw as highas possible atnight and people think its aliens (ive done that before itsfunny).

hey, why the hell do we spend billions on trying to findaliens ratherthan spend billions helping our people? what purpose would aliens have to come down here? what would we do after dicovery of aliens, because it sure as hell doesn't benefit us?
'this is similar to what people think "father" christmas looks like(when did he become a priest?) or what they believe he looks like it startedby media!!! yep coca-cola advertisements started the fatty in a red suit.

peace-out, curnow
ps. keep going with this thread because i find things like this are healthy debate topics.
edallica
i thought that this post was going to be about the quality blink182 song from enema of the state!!!clearly i was wrong, its just another conspiricy thread!
leat397
I believe there are aliens. They maybe flying in outerspace, or dwelling in the ocean, beneath the earth, swimming in the volcanoes......
Human beings are not intelligant enough to know all the things in the universe, or even our living planet..
Bosleee
i dont beleive they exist but im someone who only beleives it if i see it and theres not been strong enough evidenence for me

they might exist and they might one day prove themselves and when they do how would they react? would they blow earth to bits or make friends with us and be pen pals?
bulek
I think they don't exist but who knows, what is area 41 hiding to us.
elincinerador
i don't know and i think it's not a relevant issue. that's a question that may never be answered... alien fans won't stop until they find them, but what if there are no aliens? when will it stop? and if there are aliens, i don't think we are close to meeting them. we know that in our surrounding planets there are no aliens, and we have a long path to make to reach a step forward. you may say, we don't know if there is life or not in jupiter?, well no. i don't know anyone who ever went there... i just find it very hard to believe. that's why i said "i don't know" instead of "no". i don't think they exist. but if they exist or not, is something i will not know in this life and therefore it doesn't worry me.
Empire
to tell you all the truth ... ALIENS EXIST... I'm not trying to freak you out... NASA has seen ufos and has videos of them... on Animal Planet they said how peeps have seen sooo many aliens b4.. you can find aliens in the woods July from 8:00pm to 12:00am. every 4 years and 2006 is the year they shall appear again! this year!

PS: the universe never ends! it just keeps going.
hack_man_
Are humans really so arrogant to believe that we are the only living things in the universe? Of course there are other aliens, we are all aliens to somebody.
Josso
Providence wrote:
Well, i do believe that they exist. But could be in any shape or form.

Something to go on though, is that scientists do belive that aliens have visited earth all because of some strange crop circles which can not be explained. It seems to be one of those classical examples of, do aliens really exist.

I mean there's always the thing of UFO sitings plus people supposedly getting video footage of them which of some do seem genuine. But hey, who i am to say they exist. I just think the do Very Happy


Lol I found that quite funny because of your Avatar.
Anyways...

My opinion? Yes. The universe (or multiverse, arguably) is too big not for some life somewhere to have sprung up in some shape or form. Due to ideal enviroments they are probably a long way away from us but who knows... they might be more or less technologically advanced than us. I have seen evidence for but TOO MUCH against evidence because of the media (ok, this links back to my ghosts argument) and other massively unreliable sources. So peoples opinions are (usually) influenced by the mass of fake sightings and storys out there. Hope that made sense - my grammars not great at the best of times.
uniorzeroman
I think that aliens does existit. It's just that think: somebody don't believe in aliens. It's like believe to god Smile
jongoldsz
I believe that aliens exist. There is even evidence like the frozen worm that was found on a meteor. Even though it isn't an intelligent life form, it is still an alien to the Earth.
godam64
everything is possible but it's just beyond our technology at now. but someday we will found it out. at this time the holy quran not mention anything about alien. i think it's because we have to found it the answer ourself or maybe the armageddon will arrive before we know it Very Happy .

alien exist is not proven yet ???

someday we will know the answer.
it's just as a matter of time Smile
roadruner
Yes they do Razz
how do i know? i'm one of them!!


see? this is a pic of me Smile


hehe, just kidding Wink
don't want you to think i'm a nutcase Wink

but i still say that something has to be out there, it'll just take time to get proof, which probably won't happen anytime soon Razz
izimngcubes15
I can't say no that Aliens don't exist because I have never been out of this galaxy, in fact, never been in space. I do believe there maybe somewhere in the universe, since mankind has yet to be able to to track all galaxies and travel to them. I just hope there isn't an alien invasion O.o
kam311
of course they exist. they've been jumping the border in droves and doing all the lower level jobs. i see them all the time. of course i'm talking baout the little green ones from whereever aliens come from...
briancoit
windval wrote:
of course!!

there must be other living things in the universe!

at least i think so


Agree'd. I think its extremely small minded to assume we're the only planet with 'intellegent' life.

Whether or not they look like they do on tv, is another matter though! Laughing
Malar
Given the vastness of the universe, the probability of another lifeform is very high. I don't think it'll look anything like a human though, maybe more like something you'd find deep down in our own oceans. Perhaps there are other forms of "life" that we wouldn't qualify as such, and maybe they're already on earth! Who knows...
chargoyle
I think that, logically, no they don't exist. Whether you follow either creationist or evolutionist theories, it's evident that our planet is rare. Just the right light, size, gravity, distance, composition and atmosphere to harbor life. It's simply a matter of mathematics. Also, when talking about myths such as aliens, it's important to consider their history. Things such as bigfoot have roots in stories hundreds of years old in accounts, written records and so forth. But aliens and alien encounters didn't really start up until after the B-movie phase kicked in. People want to see them and believe in them, but it's not a theory that I ascribe to personally.
mying
pecad0re wrote:
Do you guys reckon aliens exist? I mean its quite funny the way this subjects been taken in the last years. People see aliens, people getting kidnaped by aliens, people dreaming about aliens, i mean what da hell is going on? Anyway, do you guys believe they really exist?


I don't think the aliens is exist...
jongoldsz
Of course aliens exist. How else would I have been able to make this:

Without including the Gimp.
Summer
yup i agree..as there are tons of websites displaying pictures of aliens and they make me believe in it
Related topics
do u believe in UFOs or aliens?or have u ever seen them?
Aliens - Myth or reality?
Creationism
Do aliens exist
Was there any point to sending men to the moon?
ALIENS AND UFOs
Crop circle pics
aliens or ghost - what sounds more realistic?
Aliens and Us....
Do you belive in God, if so in what form?
Do you believe in Aliens ?
God and aliens
Is it more logical to believe in God?
Bill Clinton says he looked but found no aliens at area 51
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.