FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can I make long post in PHPNuke

mike_phi
Hi there I need a tip, I would like to have a long post as my first post in a forum, it will be a kind of information post on that forum.

The problem is, the post is very pong and I wanted to know is there a way that I can have this post sort of collapsed or only show the first paragraph and allow the user the ability to expand this paragraph if they need to read all the information.

anymothed which would allow me to have this post shortened yet have the information avalable if the user wishe to see it.

cheers Mic
mike_phi
Hi there for those of you that have been watching this forum I just thought I would let you know how I worked around this problem.

Research
I did some research into PhpBB and checked out if the pros had any smart way of doing this, unfortunately none of them had anything integrated into phpBB to deal with these long posts.

Measures
I then dicided I would have to either make the fix in the phpBB code myself or implement something wear I could redirect the viewrs in a contained environment if they wanted to read more.

implementation decision

implementing my own fix in PhpBB had the following drawbacks
- my site would not be a stanard Nuke site and future upgrades would be a major problem
- this implementaion would be quite complex and involve manipulating the javascript templates so the amount of work required would be quite substantial.

I chose redirecting.

Result

I implemented my own HTML Module and just cut my post in phpbb short with a read more link which redirected the views to my Html module.

Advantages
My nuke site is more flexible yet still standard
I can now use dynamic html and whateverHtml in my introducory post whithout the limitation of PhpBB tag restrictions.

If any of you need help getting your own module working just post here
: )

cheers Mic